Post your Drawings. Not about cars.

I wonder if you can save yourself time if you make a sort of grid in whatever you defined as your angles to follow, so that you can draw paths with the desired angles more quickly (via snap).

That's exactly how it's done :)

First sketch for a dragon thingy creature. Basic body shape, shadows and lighting. Legs are placeholders until I've found a nice shape for them.

dragon.png

Edit: Decided to give the dragon paws instead of claws. And a head that is more rodent than reptile... A bit of a hybrid this.

dragon_3.png

Edit 2: In color! It went from a snake-dragon to a kitten-dragon :D

dragon_5.png

Last edited:
Friend showed me scratchboard drawings back in Sept 2014. Startedit, put it aside (practically put it away) for years, forgot about it due to school, progressively lost interest, but then forced myself to finish it eventually.

A lot is left to be desired as it lacks a focal point of lighting. I should probably going over with with some powdered charcoal or conte to darken up background elements to increase depth. Y'know, cheat a little.

Time to bring back this thread :D

Here is an architectural drawing as a part of a project I'm working on. It's the ground floor of a modernist villa based on a sketch from the 1970's that I stumbled upon.

villa_1.png

Nice. Is this intended to be built? Any 3d images?

I started on a 3d model in Blender, but realised that I needed a floor plan first.

In the long run it might be built one day, but for now it’s mostly an exercise in designing a construction.

I'm currently writing my thesis in construction engineering, about a house in the shape of a spherical dome. For the thesis I need a couple of figures so I thought I would make an isometric drawing (x, y and z axis at the same scale, separated by 120 degrees from each other). I drew this in Adobe Illustrator, it took a lot of skewing, mirroring, rotating and scaling (not to mention a ton of trigonometry), but I'm very happy with the end result! The hardest part was making the arrows which shows the direction of stresses on the dome when it's under load. I wanted to project the arrows onto the surface of the sphere, and to do that I needed a bunch of guidelines.
sphere_forces.PNG

Here are some of the guidelines, in blue. These ones were used to draw the meridional arrows ("north-south" direction). It took a while to figure out how to rotate the circles on the horizontal axis when working in 2D. The solution was to first rotate the circles around the vertical axis and then reflect them onto the horizontal plane.

colourspherebonanza.PNG

Back