Post Your Drift Videos

These are from a session this morning.

Miles from perfection, but with a DFGT.

Awesome! It looks so much smoother then usual DS3 stuff. I'm also drifting this track lately, though forward version of it.
Is it 900 degree setup or less? how much HP does this s14 has?
The backside entry is really nice, I still couldn't find suspension setup smooth enough to have enough control with the car.
Add me please, I'd like to join once in a while to get a grip of your knowledge. :)

Awesome! It looks so much smoother then usual DS3 stuff. I'm also drifting this track lately, though forward version of it.
Is it 900 degree setup or less? how much HP does this s14 has?
The backside entry is really nice, I still couldn't find suspension setup smooth enough to have enough control with the car.
Add me please, I'd like to join once in a while to get a grip of your knowledge. :)
Thanks alot :D

That's all with 900 degrees DFGT.

The S14 is running about 420bhp, or around that.

I'm planning on posting the setup for it, probably later today.

I'd love to drift with you online, but I'm limited to offline at the moment, sorry dude:tup:

Thanks alot :D

That's all with 900 degrees DFGT.

The S14 is running about 420bhp, or around that.

I'm planning on posting the setup for it, probably later today.

I'd love to drift with you online, but I'm limited to offline at the moment, sorry dude:tup:
That would be interesting if you could share the setup, perhaps I should move on to raising HP from 305 to 400 at the time been, I had some troubles with not having enough power on this track, though it made the whole process more entertaining.
Do you use E-brake?

That would be interesting if you could share the setup, perhaps I should move on to raising HP from 305 to 400 at the time been, I had some troubles with not having enough power on this track, though it made the whole process more entertaining.
Do you use E-brake?
Nope no E brake, due to the fact I use manual, I need the sequential shifter and I can't hold circle while turning the wheel. I'm planning on making a handbrake with an old ds3 though.

I setup all my cars for feint initiation due to the fact I don't use the hand brake.

Most of my drift cars have stage 1 engine, low rpm turbo, all the other power upgrades and any exhaust (personal preference)

I find the low rpm turbo gives good throttle response, while the stage 1 makes sure there is still enough grunt higher in the rev range.

Try one of my tunes from here, they are all set up to be stable under full throttle wheel spin, so are good for practicing without having to worry about having too much power.

The S14 was running stage 3 engine and mid rpm turbo, because I wanted the extra power to maintain the drifts and extend them.

Keep practicing with lower power, then increase power. I highly recommend any of the cars in my tune thread as excellent training cars.

I'll tag you when I post the S14 tune later today.

Nope no E brake, due to the fact I use manual, I need the sequential shifter and I can't hold circle while turning the wheel. I'm planning on making a handbrake with an old ds3 though.

I setup all my cars for feint initiation due to the fact I don't use the hand brake.

Most of my drift cars have stage 1 engine, low rpm turbo, all the other power upgrades and any exhaust (personal preference)

I find the low rpm turbo gives good throttle response, while the stage 1 makes sure there is still enough grunt higher in the rev range.

Try one of my tunes from here, they are all set up to be stable under full throttle wheel spin, so are good for practicing without having to worry about having too much power.

The S14 was running stage 3 engine and mid rpm turbo, because I wanted the extra power to maintain the drifts and extend them.

Keep practicing with lower power, then increase power. I highly recommend any of the cars in my tune thread as excellent training cars.

I'll tag you when I post the S14 tune later today.
Same, I use clutch and MT, but I use E-brake with a button (I do also want to make that smart thing with a DS3 but to lazy for it) only if I have understeer in the middle of the corner.
Feint seems like one of few reasonable techniques with low level of feedback we get ingame, along with clutch kick, also got used to breaking initiation when there is no time to rev engine to pull the car at the apex.

Don't know if low rpm will work for me, as a turbo guy I'm used to get power response in mid to high range. Otherwise it might affect my RL driving which is not something I would like. :)

Have a zenki s14, but it didn't work out, perhaps with your tune it will be different. Thanks!

Don't know if low rpm will work for me, as a turbo guy I'm used to get power response in mid to high range. Otherwise it might affect my RL driving which is not something I would like. :)

Have a zenki s14, but it didn't work out, perhaps with your tune it will be different. Thanks!
Honestly try the low rpm turbo.

You don't really realise that the power is less, but it really helps bring the revs back up quickly when they have dropped from lifting off to slow rotation of the drift. It also stops the engine bouncing off the limiter all the time at full throttle.

I run low rpm for slow tight tracks like Stowe, but I use mid rpm for the high speed stuff when I need the extra mid range grunt.

I dont touch high rpm turbos for drift cars as the power just comes in a big lump, and the boost threshold creeps too high for my liking.

It's all about throttle response if you ask me.

Boost for low-mid rpm grunt, then cams etc (engine stage 1/2/3) to keep the power there in the upper rev range.

Sorry to take the video thread OT, mods and @PsuPepperoni

Last edited:
Hi GTP, go watch our youtube channel teamWDR, theres some solo content and more like tandems etc, is gonna be added!

Ignore me, it's working now...

Great vid!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-03-30-20-56-07.png
    Screenshot_2014-03-30-20-56-07.png
    45.9 KB · Views: 7

Latest Posts

Back