Votes: 85 21.0%
  • Good

Votes: 165 40.8%
  • not bad

Votes: 110 27.2%
  • I've seen better set ups at walmart

Votes: 73 18.1%

• Total voters
MCNAGTROC - BEAUTIFUL CAR!... lol... Anyways... I just got permission from the wife to take over the guest room, and I'm tryin' to make it a Gaming/Office area... And Im tryin' to take into account everyones setups, for ideas... Still no room for motion, even though Nick's setup looks VERY tempting, the wife would kill me... lol... I really like everyones setups, some Professional, and some not so professional, yet creative and cool... Its just amazing what SimRacing, does to people... lol... It's a wonderful hobby to have... Anyways, just my 2 cents... Once I get things figured out, I'll post update pics... You guys are a great inspiration!...

I can get you a D-Box motion solution that doesn't take any space. Its actually no wider than your rig really. PM me if you are interested. :)

This is one of my favorite rigs ever, I've seen it a few times over the years. Do you still own this? Who made it for you? That setup is screaming for one of my Dbox motion kits! Anyway, nice work.

I do still have it!
In fact, I'm currently building two more! A buddy wants one and conveniently for me, racing seats come in pairs

Let's talk more about motion actuators. I'm a engineer and have access to a lot. However, a proven system is very appealing - and I'm looking for someone that writes code.

I do still have it!
In fact, I'm currently building two more! A buddy wants one and conveniently for me, racing seats come in pairs

Let's talk more about motion actuators. I'm a engineer and have access to a lot. However, a proven system is very appealing - and I'm looking for someone that writes code.
I do still have it!

PM me please

Ok so I added a second level to my NISMO Garage dedicated as just a GT Simulator lounge area

so its starts here

then down the steps with my NISMO railing lol

to here

Nice garage setup you have there. ;)👍

Was the PS3 GT-R NISMO theme yours or did someone else do it?

This is my latest setup. Bought the TV yesterday. Tired of waiting for the consumer oculus rift so I went big on the tv/monitor.

20150222_191850.jpg

The picture quality is really good. It's only 60hz, but it was only 499.00 for a 55" so I can't complain to much. I only use it for the pc as I have another 55" lg with 120hz for tv. Although I may take that one for the pc and use this one for tv. All in all it was a good buy for the price.

Yeah they're really good value. I've been looking at 42's that LG and a Vieira. I think even if it's 120 you only get 60Hz because of the hdmi and that tv's don't produce true 120hz. I'd be happy with 60 as that's what I have with these iiyamas atm. Most monitor's that I could use for triples only come in 60 unless they're much smaller or 4k. So I think 60Hz for my setup would be fine.
I've 3 Panasonic's in my amazon basket £900 really want to pull the trigger lol nearly twice the price of the 27" pc monitor's I was thinking of getting.
Hard to part with the £'s

For screen size it really depends on how far the tv/monitor will be sitting and if it will be single or triple screen. I feel that my 27" monitors might be a little to close and i could have gone with 24" instead. But i couldnt pass up the price paid for all 3 plus i liked the thin bezel, IPS and the connections it has since i will also be playing console set up on my rig. Another thing is when playing FPS games the faster response times of monitors and smaller screen size has worked better for me then my 46" samsung TV.

A big shout out to @@Clevohead for all his help and endless PM's helping me build my own table top for my Obutto rig. You can see his custom design at the top of the page.

Easy enough project. I used a jigsaw, tape measure, power drill, and lots of sandpaper. I bought a 24X36X3/4 finished shelf-board from Lowe's for $25.00. Looking back I could have gone with a piece of plywood. At the time of purchase I was planning on either painting or staining the table top and wanted a better quality finish than plywood could offer. I also picked up some small hardware nuts and bolts for around a few dollars. I used 4 bolts and 2 nuts/washers, 2 bolts attached directly to the G27. ( As Clevohead mentioned be sure that the bolts attaching the G27 do not interfere with the tubes on the underside of the steering wheel plate.) 2 bolts counter sunk as you can see attached to the metal plate. The carbon fiber wrap 60X24 was only $8.00 from Amazon. The whole project did not take long and can be accomplished in a couple of days.

If you are going to attempt this build I would pass along some words of wisdom from myself and mostly Clevohead,

Template. I strongly suggest cutting one from stiff card board, trial fitting. and going from there making changes as needed. Then you will have a template for yours. This bit of advice from Clevohead was priceless. Yes I had a diagram drawing but to actual work with a full size model eliminated some of my design mistakes.

Clevohead used 30 mm radius on all his corners. I was not that precise.

As clevohead noted when drilling the center hole for wires, be aware of the position of the steering plate. Depending on your measurements you may end up having to cut metal. I have yet to cut a hole on mine.

Pre fit and cut the Carbon fiber to ensure all corners fit properly. I used a credit card to help with the application of the wrap to eliminate the wrinkles and bubbles.

IMG_0060.JPG
rig.jpg
rig1.jpg
rog2.jpg

MCNAGTROC you need WAY more sim rig than that in there. You got CRAZY real estate to play with that some of us DREAM of having.

yeah I mean the cockpit and the thrustmaster seem about right for the amount I play. I did have a larger 50" TV but I moved it to my bedroom since I felt like I was wasting it now that the GT6 is getting a bit older and I dont play as much. when GT7 comes out I will probably move that TV back. I thought about a sound system but I play usually with my Pulse Elite headphones so that takes care of that need.

Im really not sure what else I could add with going way overboard. im sure I will add to it when I move my PS4 down there. I wish GT7 would come with a GT themed PS4 bundle so I could just have a dedicated PS4 for it when the time comes.

I wish Nissan would have thrown in one of those enclosed style GT Academy Cockpits with the built in monitor with the garage makeover as that would be absolute perfection down there!

Not rig related but I did add a little bit to make it more like a complete room this week

Attachments

• IMG_20150228_142528748.jpg
    IMG_20150228_142528748.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 23
Last edited:
yeah I mean the cockpit and the thrustmaster seem about right for the amount I play. I did have a larger 50" TV but I moved it to my bedroom since I felt like I was wasting it now that the GT6 is getting a bit older and I dont play as much. when GT7 comes out I will probably move that TV back. I thought about a sound system but I play usually with my Pulse Elite headphones so that takes care of that need.

Im really not sure what else I could add with going way overboard. im sure I will add to it when I move my PS4 down there. I wish GT7 would come with a GT themed PS4 bundle so I could just have a dedicated PS4 for it when the time comes.

I wish Nissan would have thrown in one of those enclosed style GT Academy Cockpits with the built in monitor with the garage makeover as that would be absolute perfection down there!

Not rig related but I did add a little bit to make it more like a complete room this week

I vote for a PC to be built so you can explore the world of Sim Racing Outside of the small confined area that is PS*/GT* series. :cheers:

Bokimoto, May i ask how is that TV being held up ? Steel cable wire ?

Also what the tire from ?

yes, fine steel cable, anchored in attic ... will follow same arrangement for three screen set

i-Tz83GHp-L.jpg

then power, hdmi, and optical audio, all three go through one 'snakeskin' sleeve

i-sTSbNrM-XL.jpg

i-8ssDcXm-L.jpg

tires are michelin porsche cup tires, cast-offs

Last edited:
i know, it's 'supposed to be closer' ... i'm just used to it.

this is the distance my old 'rig' was set up with, so i basically duplicated it here.
i'm an old man, an i am changing it closer in increments, so as not to jostle my stodginess.

when i add the side monitors, that will necessarily bring everything into best viewing range.

here's a little on the front end, a-arms mocking up and making pieces

i-FxZ7JLb-L.jpg

i-LQdBRvV-L.jpg

yes, the uppers differ from the lowers

i-XPctkC8-L.jpg

i-2TQrzK2-L.jpg

wrapped um in faux carbon fiber peel'n'stick

i-72qBfC4-L.jpg

i-6LjpDFg-L.jpg

i-qNWDQw2-L.jpg

i-shC4VzN-L.jpg

this is where it's all going ... new base will be black p-lam and 'desktop' will be red
also, new pedal box will include clutch

i-XnW7d67-XL.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome! I had a feeling that there was going to be wheels from the picture with the lady in it. The black arm gave it away. Looking forward to more updates :cheers:

Updated my setup a bit. Bigger diameter wheel and removed shifter boot. Hoping to get AP Electrix Brake Loadcell mod later and make a new rig. The bandanna has more exposure now :D
PHOTO_20150301_153844.jpg

Last edited:
Back