Votes: 85 21.0%
  • Good

Votes: 165 40.8%
  • not bad

Votes: 110 27.2%
  • I've seen better set ups at walmart

Votes: 73 18.1%

• Total voters
A little update to mine. Repositioned tables to bring the screen closer and adjusted my fov in games. My wheel now matches were the virtual wheel would be in my Sims. Not bad for making do with what I had. I'm done until the rift comes out or whatever vr device makes it out first.

Attachments

• 20150301_201301.jpg
    20150301_201301.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 138
Nice grandpa chair you got there. I have one too for my virtual racing.
Those youths nowadays with their race seats...
Haha very comfortable, but dirty as well. Good to see you appreciate it, people question about my stuff sometimes :v but whatever, just make my creativity based on my budget.

Latest pics of my sim room. Finally built my 2nd podium for the triple screen rig. Have mounted 4 butt kickers mini LFE's. Just need to find a JPS themed gold number for the back on the seat which is proving quite difficult. If anyone knows of where I can find one that would be appreciated.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 210
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 217
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 203
For anyone interested in this kind of thing ...

After quite a few modifications.enhancements, my man cave now has a much nicer looking arcade cabinet:

Video (best viewed in 1080p 60fps):

Last thing i expected at gtp a vewlix love to have one how did you get one in the uk?

man cave list of gear is posted in description.

thinking of moving it to another room. this is actually footage I'm using for a review for the 4play racing 8020 chassis, so if it looks like I'm driving jerky, and making all sorts of adjustments, its because i was "stress" testing the rig to show it's adjustments and rigidity. lol

60fps video! enjoy!

Holy crap tat buttkicker looks like a WWII bomb. LOL

Yeah that's the old original beasts all 18 lbs of em :)
Body Rockin!!!

They were about 1.5 bigger than the current model but believe they had slight timing issues due to their amount of piston movement/size.

You need to check out the LFE, get a demo somewhere to compare to the smaller units, no comparison. The Porsche rig deserves the best...

Last edited:
Not your typical rig: a computer cabinet + DIY transducer platform and pedal box.

I’m sim racing for several years now, and since I do not have a spare room for it, I’m racing in the living room. That’s often asking for trouble :D. But my wife and I found a solution: a computer cabinet which can be used for normal use (browsing, e-mail etc.) and for racing as well. When the computer is not in use the cabinet is closed and you will hardly notice it: only the computer case is visible, nothing more.

This is what it looks like when the computer is not in use:
Cupboard%20closed_zpsmeam7w6k.jpg

Normal use (keyboard + mouse tray extended):
Normal use_zpscf8eeyri.jpg

My equipment: an Intel Core i7 at 4.4 GHz, nVidia GTX 970, 8 GB RAM, Logitech Driving Force GT, TH8RS shifter and CSR Elite pedals. The pedals have been built into a DIY pedal box (inverted).
Sony PS3 Eyetoy camera + FreeTrack software for head tracking.
Games: Stock Car Extreme, Race07 + all add-ons, RaceRoom Racing Experience, Assetto Corsa, Dirt 2 and Dirt 3.

I’m using SimVibe as well (highly recommended), with 3 transducers / bass shakers. To isolate the transducers I have built a wooden platform with a foldable shifter holder. The transducers are mounted onto the platform and onto the DIY pedal box. Isolation is necessary, but kept simple: toy foam footballs cut in half and glued onto the bottom. They are cheap, but isolate VERY well. I got that tip from a subwoofer forum.

The pedal box (pedal height and width measurements came from my car J):
Pedals 2_zps1bd6b67e.jpg

Pedals 3_zps3btprgdf.jpg

The transducer is mounted on the side panel of the box. I had it mounted on the back panel at first, but could not feel anything when my feet were resting on the bottom. When mounted on the side panel the whole box is shaking, that’s much better.
Pedals 1_zps7uzcojal.jpg

Pedals 4 shaker_zpsnvvxwga1.jpg

Molex power plugs are used for connection to the amp.

Foam footballs at the bottom (back ones are kept a bit higher so the pedal box is tilted a bit).
Pedals 5 bottom_zps6ktasofs.jpg

Pedal box built into the computer cabinet:
Pedals built in_zpsxhuwcavv.jpg

Pedals close up_zpsnyfveqpq.jpg

Cable mess :P
Shaker pedals_zpsqnbr6rat.jpg

Pioneer 60 Watts AV 5.1 surround amplifier(5 separate analog in- and outputs) for the transducers:
Pioneer amp_zpsvwwfh7ow.jpg

The transducer platform with shifter holder:
Platform 1_zpsstgejnw9.jpg

Toy foam footballs cut in half for isolation on the bottom:
Platform bottom_zps0m6bl2kc.jpg

Shifter holder with transducer.
Shaker shifter_zps97cbgxs4.jpg

(Note the Logitech touchpad: very handy when the keyboard + mouse tray is shifted in.)

Keyboard + mouse tray extended:
Keyboard and mouse tray 2_zpscnhpzrte.jpg

Keyboard and mouse tray 1_zpskqfb1dh9.jpg

Let the race begin!
Race setup overview_zpss06b2os6.jpg

Race setup close up_zpstnmgv3uz.jpg

Lights out (more immersed):
Lights out_zpskgdjdngv.jpg

When not in use the platform is folded and stowed away:
Platform stowed away_zpsa1mygar6.jpg

If you have questions, just ask.
What do you think? Be gentle ;)

20150529_205023.jpg

Built at home. Still ongoing with a few adjustments made since this was taken. x3 screens all onboard now.
T500RS wheel and pedals
x3 32" LED Screens

ads

I still have quite a bit of work to finish it off but this will be another build to add into my man cave of contraptions. I'll post some more pictures when it's done (it needs a base and a mount for the rudder pedals and the headrest needs completing) but in the meantime, here are some pictures of my space simulation seat to be used with a VR headset:

To be mounted on the side pods:

Probably at least another couple of months before it's fully finished ...

Last edited:
My setup, i use a Fanatec wheelstand mounted to a box with wheels on it, another box has a SAAS seat this way i can setup either in front of the PC or in another room in front of the Xbox One.

Also have a seperate shifter/handbrake unit that i can attach to the PC table.

2501348b0fa28ff3a24e7b2e923fde43.jpg

0287782fc9108e9739735b45f6e32766.jpg

Updated my rig with some really high quality pedals. It is a bit tricky to mount HE Pro's on RSeat RS1 but I managed to do this without drilling a single hole and rig is very stable and does not flex (actually I think with standard RS1 pedal plate configuration & CSP v2 mounted there was more flex). However I think I will try HE angled brackets (pedals would be mounted backwards a bit) for easier use.

Calibration was easy and already run some test laps in Pcars. What can I say - at first it was quite hard to adjust after Fanatec CSP v2 pedals but after some 20+ laps I started improving lap times due to better braking and smoother throttle. Clubsport pedals were just too weak and I could not feel the right amount of braking that needs to be applied and very often was braking too hard. Same applies to throttle since it was quite hard to control with limited response/feeling given by pedal.
I made only minor adjustments to throttle (increased throw a bit) but otherwise running with stock configuration. Might try some things just to see how it feels. Maybe will change white rubbers to black for stronger brake once I get more used to white rubbers (which came as stock setup for brake pedal).

Thanks to Gregor T. from iRacing forum who encouraged to get Pro's. Without his pictures of Rseat mounting options I would probably not upgrade because of RS1 pedal plate flex in standard configuration.

Attachments

• 20150724_1458_HE_Pro_01.jpg
    20150724_1458_HE_Pro_01.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 63
  • 20150724_1502_HE_Pro_01.jpg
    20150724_1502_HE_Pro_01.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 60
  • 20150724_1501_HE_Pro_01.jpg
    20150724_1501_HE_Pro_01.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 61
  • 20150724_1508_HE_Pro.jpg
    20150724_1508_HE_Pro.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 62
  • 20150724_1511_HE_Pro.jpg
    20150724_1511_HE_Pro.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 66
  • 20150724_1514_HE_Pro_04.jpg
    20150724_1514_HE_Pro_04.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Here is my man cave - not for Gran Turismo though - Assetto Corsa mainly (and the real car is parked here too...)
P1040821_zpsnzwzfqat.jpg

P1040820_zpskusbdxvs.jpg

P1040823_zps2evejeh4.jpg

P1040822_zpsjeocpemj.jpg

With the lights off..
P1040824_zpsoi8audu4.jpg

What Hardware are you running on your PC?
Im currently pricing a PC build for my triple 32" screens.
Ive consoled my whole life so its a daunting task atm.
Would love to know what you run?

What Hardware are you running on your PC?
Im currently pricing a PC build for my triple 32" screens.
Ive consoled my whole life so its a daunting task atm.
Would love to know what you run?
What resolution are the screens? My PC is a Core i5 4670k with 8Gb RAM, on a Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z87 motherboard, EVGA GTX780 FTW graphics card and a Corsair 600W power supply. I have a another cheapie sound card for the Simvibe software and use the good quality motherboard sound for the actual audio.

I run my triples at 1080p, and the single GTX 780 does OK, with graphics settings turned down a bit. In Assetto Corsa I still have car and track details set to high, however I can't use a lot of anti aliasing without it slowing it down a bit. I aim to get around 60fps so in Project Cars I think I'm running High Detail cars and track but medium environment, low anti aliasing and no detailed grass.

Looks ok to me and runs smooth enough, but if you wanted to run triples at ultra settings however, I would highly recommend going to an SLI setup with 2 graphics cards. 2x GTX970 would probably do it quite well, but the better the card, the better the framerate. Just note you will need to design good cooling and a decent power supply in to your build.

Sky is the limit really with PCs. I would LOVE 3x 144Hz G-Sync monitors and 2x GTX980ti to run them but there is absolutely no way I would get that past my accountant (wife)..

@Punknoodle - Loving the angle of your side monitors! I bet you get a big sensation of speed with all that extra peripheral vision. What angle are they set to?

VBR
@Punknoodle - Loving the angle of your side monitors! I bet you get a big sensation of speed with all that extra peripheral vision. What angle are they set to?
Not sure on the actual angle, but the edges of the screen stop pretty much at my eye level so I have to turn my head to see the edges of the screen. Gives you proper peripheral vision, which definitely helps with placing the car, as well as when you are racing other people as you can see them out to the side sooner as you pass them (ok ok when they pass you lol).

In Assetto Corsa and iRacing you can set it up to adjust the view based on the angle of the screens so the view actually wraps around more and doesn't look stretched or warped, and coupled with proper FOV it is really good! Great sense of speed like you said but more importantly a big improvement of immersion, especially in the dark.

Edit: Here is the video from my thread that shows how it looks from my eyes.

What resolution are the screens? My PC is a Core i5 4670k with 8Gb RAM, on a Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z87 motherboard, EVGA GTX780 FTW graphics card and a Corsair 600W power supply. I have a another cheapie sound card for the Simvibe software and use the good quality motherboard sound for the actual audio.

I run my triples at 1080p, and the single GTX 780 does OK, with graphics settings turned down a bit. In Assetto Corsa I still have car and track details set to high, however I can't use a lot of anti aliasing without it slowing it down a bit. I aim to get around 60fps so in Project Cars I think I'm running High Detail cars and track but medium environment, low anti aliasing and no detailed grass.

Looks ok to me and runs smooth enough, but if you wanted to run triples at ultra settings however, I would highly recommend going to an SLI setup with 2 graphics cards. 2x GTX970 would probably do it quite well, but the better the card, the better the framerate. Just note you will need to design good cooling and a decent power supply in to your build.

Sky is the limit really with PCs. I would LOVE 3x 144Hz G-Sync monitors and 2x GTX980ti to run them but there is absolutely no way I would get that past my accountant (wife)..

Resolution: 1366x768
50/60hz

IMG_20150726_161059.jpg

i got a few mods done today.

Raised wheel height 30mm

Adjust angle of wheel.

Raised enforcement bar near foot pedals to clear feet better.

one screen to go and a PC build

Attachments

• IMG_20150726_161125.jpg
    IMG_20150726_161125.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_20150726_161253.jpg
    IMG_20150726_161253.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 46
  • 20150726_160451.jpg
    20150726_160451.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 44
Back