• not bad

Votes: 110 27.2%
  • I've seen better set ups at walmart

Votes: 73 18.1%

• Total voters
i got a few mods done today.

Raised wheel height 30mm

Adjust angle of wheel.

Raised enforcement bar near foot pedals to clear feet better.

one screen to go and a PC build
Can you angle the screens more? The more peripheral vision you have the better. To run 3x720p you would get away with a single 970 or something, as that's quite low resolution. If I drop my resolution to 3x720p then I can run Ultra settings in Project Cars, and my card is pretty much on par with a 970, but I prefer a higher resolution.

Can you angle the screens more? The more peripheral vision you have the better. To run 3x720p you would get away with a single 970 or something, as that's quite low resolution. If I drop my resolution to 3x720p then I can run Ultra settings in Project Cars, and my card is pretty much on par with a 970, but I prefer a higher resolution.

i can angle them more. but to be honest im happy with where they are at the moment

i cant bring the tv and closer to the wheel. its as clear add it will get.

thanks for your input on the GPU. Helps alot

Haven't made up my mind yet but I'm thinking if getting the G29 and this wheel stand for PS4.
1429179948-wheelstand-wheel-stand-pro-logitech-G27-V2%20unfolded.jpg

Not your typical rig: a computer cabinet + DIY transducer platform and pedal box.

The pedal box (pedal height and width measurements came from my car J):
Pedals 2_zps1bd6b67e.jpg

Pedals 3_zps3btprgdf.jpg

The transducer is mounted on the side panel of the box. I had it mounted on the back panel at first, but could not feel anything when my feet were resting on the bottom. When mounted on the side panel the whole box is shaking, that’s much better.
Pedals 1_zps7uzcojal.jpg

Pedal box built into the computer cabinet:
Pedals built in_zpsxhuwcavv.jpg

Pedals close up_zpsnyfveqpq.jpg

I love that pedal box, gives me some inspiration. Now that I have my own house, and a room to dedicate my hobbies to, i want to buy/build a much nicer set up, including inverse mounting my g27 pedals. Nice work!!

I got a new TV for my living room that allowed me to move the older 60" down to the driving room and sitting at that distance away it makes a big difference vs the 42" I had been using
right now im using it for driveclub as ive taken a GT break

What playseat is that and where did you get it?

Getting really jealous of some of the things I've seen on here. Here's what I got. Cheap, Affordable, and takes up just about all of small apartments living room when it's setup.
DSCN0177.JPG

DSCN0187.JPG
DSCN0190.JPG
DSCN0191.JPG

Here's the pedal Mod I just did today along with my new Idea on how to prop the pedals. My cats claw scratcher!
DSCN0181.JPG

Luckily, it stores away pretty compactly!

DSCN0198.JPG

Cost me about 40 bucks for the stand, the chair was a gift but is probably about 30 or so, Driving Force Pro was 50 dollars on EBay, and the cup holder was about a dollar.
I'm using that rubbery cabinet liner at each of the corners so it dosen't slide around, and the chair leans up against my couch. I made a mistake when buying the pipes and was 1 short, so I used bits of pipe that had been cut and attached them with gorilla glue and duck tape.

after nearly completing my first rig ive started building a 2nd so friends can come over and play along.

System 1:
PS3
T500RS Wheel
T3PA Pro Pedals
F1 Wheel (Change Over)
TH8A Shifter
Custom Rig and triple screen mounts
Soniq 32" LED HD TV
SAAS Racing seat

System 2:
PS3
Logitech Driving Force GT Wheels and Pedals
Custom Rig
Bride Racing Seat

(system 1 and 2)
20151001_174051.jpg
20151111_205726.jpg

These rigs are made from structural pine. No expense spared on strength and structure. The first rig has been ripped apart and rebuilt a dozen times to fine tune seating angle, steering angle, shifter, screen height and depth and adjustable pedal base plate.

I made a drawing for them and can put one together now in a few nights for a relatively low cost compared to steel rigs that are rattly and cold and heavy.

Not to steal the page. But ive finished putting it together.

Now I'll test it over the next fee weeks for position, comfort, vibration and ergonomics.

Then ill tear it apart, paint and trim. rebuild and possibly sell or keep.
Had the thought of slapping a new G29 on it and putting it on ebay..

enjoy
20151113_175503.jpg
20151113_175716.jpg

Attachments

• 20151113_175529.jpg
    20151113_175529.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 25
Good work. Simple and functional. Come to think of it – do you drive on the right side of the road where you live? Because you made the “exits” on the right and when I was assembling my rig I made it on the left side without even thinking twice.

Good work. Simple and functional. Come to think of it – do you drive on the right side of the road where you live? Because you made the “exits” on the right and when I was assembling my rig I made it on the left side without even thinking twice.

im from Australia. Shifter on the left was the reason. Needed a solid mounting point.

thanks for the kind comments :)

Had a night testing it.
Id cut the floor mount too angled. So i reduced it to 32°.

Pic of me getting a feeling for it before stripping for paint and trim
20151115_150628.jpg

I finally moved the rig downstairs to its home, and added a matching gtx970.
View attachment 517692

nice.
As above has mentioned. Get the screen lower and just in front of the wheel.

You'd be amazed at the difference it makes to the experience and your lap times.
You want the horizon on the screen to be level with your eyes or there abouts. As it is its well above head height.
thanks for shareing

This is mine,
id get the screen closer if i could. But my options are limited with the wheel base being so big and i dont want to raise the screen height.

20160129_122210.jpg

Back