Post your supra quarter mile times here!

I think I need to start over with another supra. I didn't realise how many miles mine had on it. It's +20k and I've only been able to get 715 hp out of it. Do I just need to run it in more or is it past its prime. I put another couple hundred miles on it, changed the oil and nothing. When I took it for overhaul it didn't offer any more power so I didn't do it.

I've got one with 5k miles I'm going to put my current tune on and see what that does.

I was in shock when I saw your time royalefatale but then it was explained why it was so fast :lol: Happy I still have the fastest supra time posted so far :D

Not anymore. ;)

25012012049-1.jpg

No aids of any kind.

Haha nicely done Temetias ;) maybe I should have kept quite and noone would have noticed lol, ah well back to the drawing board for me, you're 0.006 faster than me so I dont have much to go, mine been doing 9.962s without the wing, would you say its needed to go faster?

Haha nicely done Temetias ;) maybe I should have kept quite and noone would have noticed lol, ah well back to the drawing board for me, you're 0.006 faster than me so I dont have much to go, mine been doing 9.962s without the wing, would you say its needed to go faster?

From the testing I've done so far, I have to say yes it does help. Even though it ruins the cars looks lol.

Yup, as kenny said: It looks hidious, but is slightly faster. But it really depends on your tune. I tried it many suspension settings, sometimes it helped, sometimes it slowed me down. It's all about finding the right combo I guess. Good luck! 👍

I got my time down to 9.964 but accidentally restarted the test so it didn't save.:banghead: So my official best is 9.967 so far.

If I take a picture of the screen with my phone how can I put it up here? I haven't been able to successfully post a picture in a post here before.

I got my time down to 9.964 but accidentally restarted the test so it didn't save.:banghead: So my official best is 9.967 so far.

That sucks! My PS3 has failed me 5 times this week, leaving me loading the test. All the tuning progress lost. :ouch:

If I take a picture of the screen with my phone how can I put it up here? I haven't been able to successfully post a picture in a post here before.

Make sure the pic displays all the info needed (g's and stuff) and then load it to your computer. Then you should go to photobucket or Imageshack and upload it there. (I prefer photobucket but imageshack is faster). Once uploading is done, both of the websites will give a link looking like this
::lots-of-cool-letters-and-stuff-blah-blah-blah[COLOR="Red"]
. Just include it to your post and your done. :) (you might wanna make your pic smaller sometimes, but that's not so important IMO)

SUCCESS! :D The wing does help alot!

two pics for of the same run here, and of course all aids off.

f03jfn.jpg

nx2vlc.jpg

I realy wanted to beat your 9.955 time without a wing, with some suspesnion changes got it down to a 9.961 (0.001 faster than my old time lol) but the wing makes a HUGE difference getting me a 9.948 :D. Back on top for now... heh.

Though I managed to get a faster time I would expect your supra to beat mine in an actual race as I went online to drag for the first time last night to try my cars out and my reaction time off the ghost is awfully slow :lol: i'm just not used to it so I need to get online more and get some actual race practice I think.

Ok. Thanks. I tried to post a pic I took from flickr in the photomode thread and I could only get the link to show in the post, not the picture as I intended. But nevertheless it is online.

I have a pos phone. How can I send it to my computer? I tried to send to my email and it wouldn't work. Or is there a way to capture the screenshot on my ps3 and save it that way?

Edit: Nice Maccer 👍

Maccer, stop that! :lol: Haha, nice job. Guess I'll have to tune s'more to give you another time to beat. :lol:

Kenny, what is a POS phone?

Oh ok. :lol: Well, if you pos has bluetooth or USB connection it shouldn't be too hard. If not, you're gonna need a memory card reader or something. But in that case it would be easier to use a digital camera of some sort. :)

Can't you text it to someone with a better phone or email it to yourself???

PTK
Can't you text it to someone with a better phone or email it to yourself???

I could text it but it wont go through in an email. I guess sooner or later I need to enter this decade and get a new phone lol. I don't use mine for anything much besides texting and talking.

Question for you Temetias, do you launch in 1st or 2nd gear? (I'm launching in 2nd) I ask as your 0-60mph time is 0.023 faster than what I got, but then i'm faster in the 0-100mph by 0.013. Dont know how I managed that with being slower in the 0-60. I would asume a faster 0-60 would = a faster 0-100, unless you have to change gear one more time than I do by launching in 1st which costs you time in the 60-100 range.

I understand if you don't want to answer. I know people in the drag world of gt5 like to keep any edge they have over other's to them selfs and i'm fine with that.

EDIT: Just got my supra to run a little faster ;) Wont post the pics just yet unless my curent time gets beaten, it wasn't much faster than I did before but still any amount quicker is good lol, and the new faster time was still done with getting a slower 0-60 time than you Temetias :crazy:

Last edited:
Question for you Temetias, do you launch in 1st or 2nd gear? (I'm launching in 2nd) I ask as your 0-60mph time is 0.023 faster than what I got, but then i'm faster in the 0-100mph by 0.013. Dont know how I managed that with being slower in the 0-60. I would asume a faster 0-60 would = a faster 0-100, unless you have to change gear one more time than I do by launching in 1st which costs you time in the 60-100 range.

I understand if you don't want to answer. I know people in the drag world of gt5 like to keep any edge they have over other's to them selfs and i'm fine with that.

EDIT: Just got my supra to run a little faster ;) Wont post the pics just yet unless my curent time gets beaten, it wasn't much faster than I did before but still any amount quicker is good lol, and the new faster time was still done with getting a slower 0-60 time than you Temetias :crazy:

Yup I noticed that too. It's weird. My supra is my old tunnel tune actually, so I launch in 1st and trap in 4th. It still can reach close to 220 mph in 6th lol. But it shouldn't be too different from launching in 2nd, since my launch is always balancing between bogging and good launch. :) I have no problem sharing tunes. I just want to see what the supra can do. ;)

E: BTW what is your trap gear?

Yup I noticed that too. It's weird. My supra is my old tunnel tune actually, so I launch in 1st and trap in 4th. It still can reach close to 220 mph in 6th lol. But it shouldn't be too different from launching in 2nd, since my launch is always balancing between bogging and good launch. :) I have no problem sharing tunes. I just want to see what the supra can do. ;)

E: BTW what is your trap gear?

My trap gear is 6th, top speeds is 158mph thats not my trap speed. (actual top speed not what it says in the gear ratios), my 3rd gear is very short. I'll get on later today and give edit this post to give you some exact numbers of trap speed and my rev drop amount.

Also since tuning my supra to run 9.948 I now find it more incosistant, and alot harder to get that perfect run, where as before when I was running 9.962 tune I could get that time very cosistantly. Is this common in drag tuning? The closer you get to perfection the harder it is to achive it?

Last edited:
My trap gear is 6th, top speeds is 158mph thats not my trap speed. (actual top speed not what it says in the gear ratios), my 3rd gear is very short. I'll get on later today and give edit this post to give you some exact numbers of trap speed and my rev drop amount.

Also since tuning my supra to run 9.948 I now find it more incosistant, and alot harder to get that perfect run, where as before when I was running 9.962 tune I could get that time very cosistantly. Is this common in drag tuning? The closer you get to perfection the harder it is to achive it?

Yup, at least for me it is. My launch gear is so long that my car just bogs like every 4th run and the times vary a lot. It's quite common that my time is 10.0xx. :lol:

Could you not upload your photo to an image hosting site like http://tinypic.com/ or http://imageshack.us/ or http://photobucket.com/ and then post the IMG url it gives you? I'd rather not download a zip file to see your time, not saying you put any virus or anything in it, just makes it easier for everyone if you can see the photos without having to download them.

I got you I just couldn't figure out this crap out...working on it.

Latest Posts

Back