Praiano GT6 Tunes:GRAN TURISMO RED BULL X2014 JUNIOR

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 4,593 comments
hello Mr.P

thanks a lot for the effort you are doing really awesome job in few days! what a flow!

this question is addressed to everyone, will the above tune work on the regular mark 1 or somehow PD managed to specialize this one?

I'm going to swap my disc anyway from regular to 15 anniversary special in the meantime I would like to test this tune on a regular mark 1 will it work?

thanks alot
Hello Shlagem, maybe I can answer this for you. Im a bit of a nut and like to keep my 'good' cars separate - like nice clothes, don't use too much you know? So I have just been putting kindly Praiano's tunes onto the normal versions and they work just as well as the AE editions. There is really no difference, except the AE's come with a little more grunt. :)

I believe the tire circumference can be calculated from the info on the Full Custom Transmission settings screen.

This will not work on the other transmissions as the top speed is not shown, so driving would be required to determine the tire circumference if you wanted to avoid getting the full custom transmission.

With the Full Custom Transmission
  • Red Line > Shift Graph on left
  • Top Speed from the screen
  • Top Gear from the list
  • Final gear from the list
Plug those into the formula and tire circumference will be the result.

I will confirm this theory today, must visit wife in hospital first. (Knee replace & doing well!)
Gosh, we're all falling apart. What I'm mostly finding is that growing old is so 🤬 complicated that retirement involves more work than work does. Best wishes to your lady. We've had a few knee replacements in family & all went well. Knee is not as hard as shoulder to replace as knee is poorly engineered in the first place by evolution to upright that required functionality at all points along the way.

Thank you for your past posts which while sometimes over my head have been of great help. I am much interested in this matter of tire circumference but hope I do not become an annoyance by being the interrupting with ignorant questions. When you post next could you include what the "formula" is? I have searched web and found reference to a "tire circumference formula (TC)" (actually it was in one of your posts) but cannot find formula itself.

Sincere best wishes to you both,

Rick

BMW Z4 GT3 '11 // 600PP // RACING TIRES
When i've take this car for a first drive, i was waiting for a stable ,safe , fun, grippy car. But it was horrible, the front end was travelling a lot, very unstable under brake in a turn, very difficult to stay on track.
The only thing that you still can't do with this car is cutting the apex over a kerb. If not you'll see a strange reaction where it spin almost all the times.
Now it's great ,in my opinion. I would race it with some friends with a lot of pleasure.

Click on the picture to access the setting sheet.

Enjoy your drive ><(((((°>°°°°°

I'm not a top driver but there is my fast lap with praiano tune In silverstone. Thank You praiano.

I'm not a top driver but there is my fast lap with praiano tune In silverstone. Thank You praiano.

Nice lap, i still have to learn silverstone, i didn't have a net connection last summer to practice there for the academy. Very cool sessions of turns.

Praiano,

I tried racing with the Diablo on the S cups with the 10 laps of Ascari. The lambo drifts too much, it's uncontrollable. It steers sharp and good but it spins out so easily.

Praiano,

I tried racing with the Diablo on the S cups with the 10 laps of Ascari. The lambo drifts too much, it's uncontrollable. It steers sharp and good but it spins out so easily.
Yes, this is what he do if you brake to late like most of the sharp MR cars. Need to drive slow in fast out with smooth driving inputs.
Need some practice.

Gosh, we're all falling apart. What I'm mostly finding is that growing old is so 🤬 complicated that retirement involves more work than work does. Best wishes to your lady. We've had a few knee replacements in family & all went well. Knee is not as hard as shoulder to replace as knee is poorly engineered in the first place by evolution to upright that required functionality at all points along the way.

Thank you for your past posts which while sometimes over my head have been of great help. I am much interested in this matter of tire circumference but hope I do not become an annoyance by being the interrupting with ignorant questions. When you post next could you include what the "formula" is? I have searched web and found reference to a "tire circumference formula (TC)" (actually it was in one of your posts) but cannot find formula itself.

Sincere best wishes to you both,

Rick
Agree with everything! Us grumpy old men must stick together! I have told my wife, if I fall over and she tells someone, she must say "he fell over". Like that, because once you start being referred to as "he had a fall" - like some old horse, your time is up!! :)

Hello Shlagem, maybe I can answer this for you. Im a bit of a nut and like to keep my 'good' cars separate - like nice clothes, don't use too much you know? So I have just been putting kindly Praiano's tunes onto the normal versions and they work just as well as the AE editions. There is really no difference, except the AE's come with a little more grunt. :)

Thanks a lot mate! :)

I have tested the mark 1 and with the tranny trick also provided by the artist Mr. P here it is very good, stable and fun to drive as always.
I really love how he developed such gift in a way that as he mentioned in a post before he kinda work on cars as if he really doing surgery!

I wish if possible that he would create for us curious people a kind of narrative way a full tutorial that would be like:

"today I wanted to test the ..........

-when driving on the ring in stock mode the car felt..........
-I took note that I should tune this and that........
-I started by fixing the tranny ..........etc etc etc"

I wish this would be made from Praiano later when GT6 becomes stable and less active as it is now. it would be the best tuner diary that I'll read here in the forum.

Thanks a lot Mr. P

Agree with everything! Us grumpy old men must stick together! I have told my wife, if I fall over and she tells someone, she must say "he fell over". Like that, because once you start being referred to as "he had a fall" - like some old horse, your time is up!! :)
Gosh, another of us. I thought you were all kids. This place is like a "Home" where we're being monitored by young whippersnappers & Praiano's our therapist and crafts teacher.

Very weird that I should get so addicted to a racing game. That's why I'm a bit behind the curve. I'd always hated cars in my real life. Stuffy on the inside and noisy and oily on the outside. When I became disabled and could/had an excuse to no longer drive & I watched them tow my last car (a subaru that I bought new for $3,800, to give you an idea) it was such a huge weight off my arthritic shoulders. No more car insurance. No more sticking the key in in the morning & being sure this important day would be the one it didn't start. No more guilt about not having it maintained according to manufacturer's schedule... You know, surveys show people fear and dislike trips to auto repair more than trips to the dentist. And most of us can afford neither.

No disrespect certainly to those who really knew and enjoyed great cars. I was always more than a bit in awe of them and what would this forum be without them?

The virtual world already is far superior. And as far as the cheaply made organic stuff our minds are housed in, the sooner that can be placed into well-engineered robots or simply computer memory space in an AI the better.

Rick

Last edited:
Gosh, another of us. I thought you were all kids. This place is like a "Home" where we're being monitored by young whippersnappers & Praiano's our therapist and crafts teacher.

Very weird that I should get so addicted to a racing game. That's why I'm a bit behind the curve. I'd always hated cars in my real life. Stuffy on the inside and noisy and oily on the outside. When I became disabled and could/had an excuse to no longer drive & I watched them tow my last car (a subaru that I bought new for $3,800, to give you an idea) it was such a huge weight off my arthritic shoulders. No more car insurance. No more sticking the key in in the morning & being sure this important day would be the one it didn't start. No more guilt about not having it maintained according to manufacturer's schedule... You know, surveys show people fear and dislike trips to auto repair more than trips to the dentist. And most of us can afford neither.

No disrespect certainly to those who really knew and enjoyed great cars. I was always more than a bit in awe of them and what would this forum be without them?

The virtual world already is far superior. And as far as the cheaply made organic stuff our minds are housed in, the sooner that can be placed into well-engineered robots or simply computer memory space in an AI the better.

Rick
Praiano's our therapist and crafts teacher???. That's impossible ,a serial tuner can't be a therapist !! I don't have car too, too much money here even for an old one, i don't need any where i live. I work at home , the beach to take a wave with my longboard is 5 minutes, the market full of fish ,fruits and vegetables, 3 minutes ,all this walking. THIS is a very good therapy and i don't feel guilty if i seat 5 hours in my playseat.

Something else, @ Shlagem i'll not do a tune for the mito seasonal sorry. FF are better in GT6 for sure but this small track need extreme settings to make this car turn in the low speed corner.....:ouch:, nothing that i like to do, after a few laps it became a bit boring.
Another kind of track with more speed would be more interesting for this car.
Have a good night everybody.

@redrick Here are the formulas that got me started.

• OUT BOX RPM = RedLine RPM / GEAR RATIO
  • WHEEL RPM = OUT BOX RPM / FINAL GEAR
  • TIRE PERIMETER (millimeters) = ((RedLine SPEED*1,000,000)/60)/RedLine WHEEL RPM
  • KMH = ((TIRE PERIMETER X WHEEL RPM) X 60) / 1,000,000
  • MPH= KMH * 0.6213
I found them on this site or somewhere on the net [from @praiano63 who pointed out the link here]. I believe, but can't seem to locate them now to provide a link.

Hope this helps. Working on a workbook to assist in the tuning process and it will have all the formulas implemented.

EDIT: Added the link that praiano63 so kindly pointed out, Thanks!

Last edited:
[quote="Something else, @ Shlagem i'll not do a tune for the mito seasonal sorry. FF are better in GT6 for sure but this small track need extreme settings to make this car turn in the low speed corner.....:ouch:, nothing that i like to do, after a few laps it became a bit boring.
Have a good night everybody.[/quote]

It's ok mate thank you so much for trying :)

I found this in the forum and it was good for a first 200th laptime.

• TIRE PERIMETER (millimeters) = ((RedLine SPEED*1,000,000)/60)/RedLine WHEEL RPM
  • MPH= KMH * 0.6213
I found them on this site or somewhere on the net I believe, but can't seem to locate them now to provide a link.

Hope this helps. Working on a workbook to assist in the tuning process and it will have all the formulas implemented.

Thank you very much. I think I now should be able to find every bit of information to accomplish the Praiano tuning technique and also the advice he gave me yesterday. I'll be very busy for a bit! But I'll also be following you guys' discussion re tuning & look forward to that workbook, which sounds like it'll keep you busy also.

Regards,

Rick

Chaparral 2J "Special Chriss tune" '70 // 650PP // RACING TIRES

Well Praiano, although my name is Bernard, you just played Santa Claus for me also. For me it's the best tune you ever made! I always loved this car but now... Thank you for your gift! Merry Christmas! :)

@SCClockDr

Just to say I have done these calculations both according to Praiano's on-track meathod and according to your formula above and both yield a tire perimeter of 2.078 for the SM on the BMW M3 CSL '03, as opposed to the default 1.980 in the Gearbox Calculation Spreadsheet (which does say "Enter the tire perimeter by approx.").

Do you think I've possibly gotten it (nearly) right? (difference is 5%) Or would you guess I need to reexamine my understanding of the steps?

Rick

• MPH= KMH * 0.6213
I found them on this site or somewhere on the net I believe, but can't seem to locate them now to provide a link.

I know this, this is a post i did in the GT5 tuning guide
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gt5-tuning-guides.135268/page-6#post-8513916
It's made to calculate shift and retakes RPM . I don't know where is this excel sheet now, lost.....
Chaparral 2J "Special Chriss tune" '70 // 650PP // RACING TIRES

Well Praiano, although my name is Bernard, you just played Santa Claus for me also. For me it's the best tune you ever made! I always loved this car but now... Thank you for your gift! Merry Christmas! :)
Yes ,it's fast and with a god front grip. I'm still working on the 2D... unstable on bumpy roads, i already have a good one for flat tracks. Still working on it.
@SCClockDr

Just to say I have done these calculations both according to Praiano's on-track meathod and according to your formula above and both yield a tire perimeter of 2.078 for the SM on the BMW M3 CSL '03, as opposed to the default 1.980 in the Gearbox Calculation Spreadsheet (which does say "Enter the tire perimeter by approx.").

Do you think I've possibly gotten it (nearly) right? (difference is 5%) Or would you guess I need to reexamine my understanding of the steps?

Rick
I don't think so. from 1,91 to 1,92cm tire's perimeter make a 2 kmh difference at high speed, around 300 kmh.

><(((((°>°°°°

Today i want to drive this. This will be a great day. I think i'll do Specific track tune for the GT500. Beginning with Suzuka.

If somebody know a GT500 racing serie with the list of tracks by order they will race this season, i'll be glade to have the information.
Thanks.

MACHINE
NameRAYBRIG HSV-010
Based VihicleHonda HSV-010 GT
Chief EngineerNagataka Tezuka
MACHINE SPECIFICATIONS
Car ModelH010
Dimensions4675×2000×1100mm
Weight1100kg
Wheelbase2700mm
TracksF: 1640 / R: 1640 mm
Transmission6speed Paddle shift 1speed reverse
ClutchCC 4plate(AP)
Suspension FDouble wishbone Pushrod
RDouble wishbone Pushrod
Brakes FALCON Ventilated disk 6pod
RALCON Ventilated disk 6pod
TiresBS
FBridgestone 330-710/R-18
RBridgestone 330-710/R-17
WheelsRAYS Racing
F13J×18
R13J×17
ENGINE_SPECIFICATIONS
Engine ModelHR10EG
TypeWatercoolde V8 NA
Displacement3397cc
Bore & Stroke93.0mm×62.5mm
Ristrictor(size & number)29.1mm× 2
Max Power(ps/rpm)Over 500ps
Max Torque(kg-m/rpm)Over 40kg-m
Lubricant(brand)Mobil 1
ENGINE TUNER / MAINTENANCE
Engine TunerM-TEC
Machine MaintenanceM-TEC

If somebody know a GT500 racing serie with the list of tracks by order they will race this season, i'll be glade to have the information.
Thanks.
According to http://www.supergt.net/pages/pg:race/device:pc/ln:en the 2013 series ran in Okayama, Fuji, Sepang, Sugo, Suzuka, Fuji, Autopolis and Motegi in that order. Hope this is what you were looking for.

EDIT: Oh and for Honda, the HSV is out and they will now run the NSX

EDIT 2: The provisional calendar for 2014 is Okayama, Fuji, Autopolis, Sugo, Fuji, Suzuka, Buriram, Motegi per http://supergt.net/pages/pg:news_detail/device:pc/ln:en/id:13187

Last edited:
[quote="Something else, @ Shlagem i'll not do a tune for the mito seasonal sorry. FF are better in GT6 for sure but this small track need extreme settings to make this car turn in the low speed corner.....:ouch:, nothing that i like to do, after a few laps it became a bit boring.
Have a good night everybody.

It's ok mate thank you so much for trying :)

I found this in the forum and it was good for a first 200th laptime.

[/quote]

Hi,
thank you for sharing 👍

I don't think so. from 1,91 to 1,92cm tire's perimeter make a 2 kmh difference at high speed, around 300 kmh.

><(((((°>°°°°

Yes, I was beginning to have trouble reconciling this with further testing. I was using the rpm from where it is on the red line, which is 9,200, whereas what appears to me from the graph the high rpm is about 8,700. On the track if I redline the car in last it goes all the way up to 350 km/h, whereas at 8700 it is 320. I see why you use fifth gear in your example instead of last one.

Now when I use 8,700 for car RPM and 5th gear and check speed is 280 km/h at 8,700 I see to get that on the spreadsheet the tire circumference has to be 1.925. Not quite the 1.965 that is the default but close enough, maybe, to be accounted for by my inability to read the graphs and meters perfectly. And the sheet does say to enter the circumference approx.

Now I must try to reconcile all this with SCClockDr's math, which I perhaps also have not been reading perfectly:).

Thank you very much for tolerating my so slowly developing understanding.

Rick

FORD GT40 MARK I 15th ANNIV ED. '66 // 600PP // SPORT SOFT

Click on the picture to access the setting sheet.

Enjoy your drive ><(((((°>°°°°°

Since I have already put a lot miles on this one stock, your tune will be the icing on the cake!!!!!!!!!

How often do you sleep? :sly: Thanks again Laurent! 👍 👍 👍 👍

Since I have already put a lot miles on this one stock, your tune will be the icing on the cake!!!!!!!!!

How often do you sleep? :sly: Thanks again Laurent! 👍 👍 👍 👍
5 hours / night is enough for me, this is one of the good things when you are + than 1/2 century old...!!!!!
It don't compense the lost of the rest but we have to stay positive all the time. :D

According to http://www.supergt.net/pages/pg:race/device:pc/ln:en the 2013 series ran in Okayama, Fuji, Sepang, Sugo, Suzuka, Fuji, Autopolis and Motegi in that order. Hope this is what you were looking for.

EDIT: Oh and for Honda, the HSV is out and they will now run the NSX

EDIT 2: The provisional calendar for 2014 is Okayama, Fuji, Autopolis, Sugo, Fuji, Suzuka, Buriram, Motegi per http://supergt.net/pages/pg:news_detail/device:pc/ln:en/id:13187
Thanks for the info but i was talking about a virtual season with GT6 tracks. I think i'll tune for the classics first, Suzuka, Motegi, Fuji .. and include others like Laguna, Nurb GP/F , Nordschleife , Apricot hill.... This can be a good track selection for a GT500 hot season.

Hi Mr Praiano :)
Honda SHV you come out, it is for a special championship ??
I see PP 574 Suzuka...
it may be OK if I go the PP 600 with your setup?
thank you

Hi Mr Praiano :)
Honda SHV you come out, it is for a special championship ??
I see PP 574 Suzuka...
it may be OK if I go the PP 600 with your setup?
thank you
No special championship Seb.
It's just a regular GT500 tune not a PP tune.
GT500 are cars with 500 PS = 493 HP ,that's all. The suspension can be used for a 600PP event if anybody want to use the base.

Back