Praiano GT6 Tunes:GRAN TURISMO RED BULL X2014 JUNIOR

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 4,593 comments
Thanks for the info! But sadly, I can't use those two cars. I should have said it in the first place, but I need a "normal" car. And a cheap one if possible.

For Willow Springs and Ascari you need a normal car - for Apricot Hill and Suzuka you can use a race car. The HSV is a good cheap option for Suzuka. It might even do Apricot Hill.

Or even cheaper and probably better - the GT-R R35 Touring Car.

Good morning.
If the ratio range available is the same, the one you have on the tune sheet is ok, just need to adapt the final gear to reach the speed you need on any track.
Check also if you have enough power to perform a good standing start,even if for a longer race it´s not very important.
You can also build your own following my method. If you don´t want to use the excel sheet to calculate the ratios exactly, just set the last gear for top speed, the first gear for a good start, and spread visually the intermediary gears visually between both 1st and last. The rest of the procedure stay the same.
With a bit of practice ,this is a question of few minutes to do this.
Have a good day.

thanks for the comments. i am getting used to the sheet slowly. works very well. thank you

The BMW E92 M3 (BMW MOTORSPORT) 10 setup is perfect for me
I'll try on 11 too...
Thanks Praiano!

the tune perfectly fits on this gt2 bmw. really enjoying that car!!!

I know that this might sound stupid, but how do you increase top speed with the final gear?
Does this mean more final gear or less?
Sorry for asking.

Think of the final gear as the last mathematical divide of the engine's revs into how much the wheels spin. Decrease the value (i.e. move the slider to the left) you will increase your speed because the gear does not divide the RPMs as much. So use Praianos gearbox, then depending on the track move the final gear left or right, the rest of the gearbox will stay the same. :)

Hello, I was just using an older tune for the McLaren GTR-BMW '95 and realised that the front camber was set to 1. Would it be better to set it to 0 as that is the most grippy or will that affect the tune? Thanks

PAGANI HUAYRA // 630PP // SPORT SOFT
Complicate car when stock. I've just try to let it easy and drivable by anybody. I prefer the sport soft on it, but you can wear racing too.

Click on the picture to access the setting sheet.

Enjoy your drive ><(((((°>°°°°°

This is car for S race that must be done in normal car..very fast qnd good tune..

Hello, I was just using an older tune for the McLaren GTR-BMW '95 and realised that the front camber was set to 1. Would it be better to set it to 0 as that is the most grippy or will that affect the tune? Thanks
Hello, yes set it to 0.0 .

mp7
thanks for the comments. i am getting used to the sheet slowly. works very well. thank you

the tune perfectly fits on this gt2 bmw. really enjoying that car!!!

Yes this tune fit perfectly on boss M3 GT2 Base Model '11 and M3 GT (BMW Motorsport) '11 :)
(same gear ratios)

Thank's for all your tunes 👍

@praiano63

Hey! How are you?

I'm having a hard time completing those 4 - 5 650 PP races in the S class events. (Willow Spring, Apricot Hill, Suzuka, etc.)

Could you suggest me a car and a good tune that you are using to complete those events?

For Willow Spring event, I used Praianos Ferrari 458 on Sports Soft and won this race easily. Trick to that race is to drive steady for 5 laps, use all the remaining tyre to get to the pits as fast as possible on the 6th lap. You find you pit in one lap earlier than other cars and then when you come out. you just repeat the process. Nice and steady to the end. Whilst the other cars are pitting, you are out on track passing them on the pit straight.

Hi Praiano, what's your impressions of the newly released Corvette C7 Concept? Mine personally is that the steering wheel isn't connected to the front wheels by anything more than a rubber band!! Do you have any plans to correct PD's failings?! If so, a 550pp tune would be great!

FORD GT40 RACE CAR '69// 600PP // RACING TIRES

Click on the picture to access the setting sheet.

I just bought this with my RedBull earnings. Are the camber settings still good? Or should I reduce them to zero? Also, how important is the chassis reinforcement? I'm reluctant to do something irreversible on a 20,000,000 car!

Sorry, i have downloaded the 1.04 but i can´t play, i have some fever and i have to rest. I just did the seaonals this morning but nothing change for me. Perhaps the brakes but i need to test it better
Have a good night everybody

Sorry, i have downloaded the 1.04 but i can´t play, i have some fever and i have to rest. I just did the seaonals this morning but nothing change for me. Perhaps the brakes but i need to test it better

I hope you feel better soon Praiano. I was racing online and i'm positive the braking physics have changed, one has to brake much earlier now to properly slow down for a corner.

Anyone to report any changes in balance of the P tuned cars after 1.04?
i had a corrupted download and had to download all them patches again managed to finish this drawback today morning and I'm back to normal but never had the chance to test anything.

As for you Laurent get well soon :sly:

Wish you a speedy recovery Laurent.

Get some rest, hope you get over it soon!
The tunes can always wait, health first.

So, after a test i can say that brakes change a lot in GT6.
I´ll have do set all my brakes i´ve made till now.

Braking power:
-Higher number = more braking power = less braking distance.
-Racing brakes or normal brakes same numbers = same braking distance.
-Racing brakes = less travel of the pedal than for normal brakes ,for the same braking power.

Braking balance:
You can find the good balance for your car , depending of the weight repartion this way:
-Take out your ABS and your brake balance to the max 10/10.
-Go on a straight at good speed, brake hard and check that your front tires will heat first till they stop spinning.
-Then reduce the front number to make front and rear wheels lock at the same time +-. At this moment you´ll have the right neutral numbers for your car.

After this take a track with a fast turn you have to enter under strong braking. Like the first left on GVS or first right at Suzuka.
-If under strong braking entering in a turn your car show understeer, then reduce the front number.
-If under strong braking entering in a turn your car show oversteer, then increase the front number.

To resume:
-The best braking power will be always 10/10
-For a car with a weight repartition 50/50 ,let´s say that it will lock the four wheels braking straight no ABS with a brake repartition at front 7 /rear 10 .
-If you want to induce oversteer then set a lower number than 7 at the front.
-If you want to reduce oversteer then set a higher number than 7 at the front.

Conclusion:
After this test and with the cars i´ve checked till now, FF,FR,MR with a weight repartition between 57/43 to 41/59,
-The rear brake balance number will be always 10
-The front brake balance will be between 5 and 8 for most of the cars. Set this front value for each car till you feel comfortable at the corner entry under strong braking. The goal is to make the car roll around the corner showing a good eagerness.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Braking power:
-Racing brakes = less travel of the pedal than for normal brakes ,for the same braking power.

Braking balance:
You can find the good balance for your car , depending of the weight repartion this way:
-Go on a straight at good speed, brake hard and check that your front tires will heat first till they stop spinning.
-Then reduce the front number to make front and rear wheels lock at the same time +-. At this moment you´ll have the right neutral numbers for your car.

After this take a track with a fast turn you have to enter under strong braking. Like the first left on GVS or first right at Suzuka.
-If under strong braking entering in a turn your car show understeer, then reduce the front number.
-If under strong braking entering in a turn your car show oversteer, then increase the front number.

To resume:
-For a car with a weight repartition 50/50 ,let´s say that it will lock the four wheels braking straight no ABS with a brake repartition at front 7 /rear 10 .

Conclusion:
After this test and with the cars i´ve checked till now, FF,FR,MR with a weight repartition between 57/43 to 41/59,
-The front brake balance will be between 5 and 8 for most of the cars. Set this front value for each car till you feel comfortable at the corner entry under strong braking. The goal is to make the car roll around the corner showing a good eagerness.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°

So you think I should change the BMW GT3 Z4 setup for 5-8, and that would be better than 2-0, which I found very good idea?

Braking power:

Braking balance:

To resume:

Conclusion:

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Then, when you re set the brake balance in all your cars, will you make a post with the new numbers in one sheet? Thank You!

actually was 3-0 and not 2-0...
99% of the time the rear brake balance will be 10
So begin with 10/10
The car almost always wil show understeer under braking entering a turn.
To take this understeer out till you feel good with it, just reduce the front number.
I didn´t check the BMW Z4 GT3 but i think it will be around 8/10
Then, when you re set the brake balance in all your cars, will you make a post with the new numbers in one sheet? Thank You!
For the APP i´ll correct all the brakes balance.
To replace the tunes sheets for each car in mt GTP garage, this take more time because i hve to edit post by post.
But, i´ve writen a method at the post #1 about this.

All my brakes balance are wrong after 1.04. I´ll need some time to reset all this.
If you want to do yourself during this time, it´s easy.
-Set the brake balance at 10/10 all the cars.
-Then go on track and reduce the front number till you feel the car ok, showing a good eagerness entering a turn under strong braking and still steady on the driving line.
Enjoy your drive.

99% of the time the rear brake balance will be 10
For the APP i´ll correct all the brakes balance.
To replace the tunes sheets for each car in mt GTP garage, this take more time because i hve to edit post by post.
But, i´ve writen a method at the post #1 about this.

All my brakes balance are wrong after 1.04. I´ll need some time to reset all this.
-Then go on track and reduce the front number till you feel the car ok, showing a good eagerness entering a turn under strong braking and still steady on the driving line.
Enjoy your drive.

I didn't express myself right. I was meaning updating ALL the tunes in just ONE sheet (of excel, calc, whatever).

Sorry for the confusion.

I didn't express myself right. I was meaning updating ALL the tunes in just ONE sheet (of excel, calc, whatever).

Sorry for the confusion.
this is possible yes, as a provisory information. Till i update every post.
This is very fast to check, i need only 2 pass at the 1st and second curve at suzuka to set a new BB.
Or anybody can do this very easily ,doing like i´ve writen above.

ALPINE A110 1600S `72 // 450PP // SPORT HARD TIRES

ca02c9fe-61f1-48b3-b9a3-907abd8185c7

90r1.jpg

Last edited:
Back