Praiano's GT Sport Garage

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 762 comments
Perhaps I'm misunderstanding or missing something, but I'm under the impression that tuning is enabled in online lobbies. Right?

I'm sure I've dabbled with tuned cars in lobbies....

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding or missing something, but I'm under the impression that tuning is enabled in online lobbies. Right?

I'm sure I've dabbled with tuned cars in lobbies....

Praiano is refering to the lack of tuning option in the daily events (sport or FIA) ..

In the previous and (almost)complete GT's of the PS3 era we had the online time trials (and drifting too) where the tuning was one of the basis for a good time and this gave to the tuner big satisfation and motivation ....

IR

This garage is off from now till i don't know when. There is absolutely no reasons anymore to tune in GTS . No FIA events , not even a time attack to justify and motivate myself to make any settings for any car.
Tuning in GTS become totally savourless. I don't know why polyphonie still offer open settings parameters if they are so useless.
I will still play and racing FIA events , the only thing that entertain me more or less for the moment.
Je suis totalement d'accord avec toi.
Même moi, fan de GT depuis la première heure, je n'y joue quasiment plus, je trouve le contenu pauvre en terme de course offline et pas assez de challenge en général.
Et puis il change la date FIAGT quand ils veulent, pas pratique quand on a un emploi !
Je m'éclate à Ace Combat 7 en ce moment !
A bientôt je l'espère mon ami :cheers: JB

Why not race in lobbies then? Rather than giving up the game altogether. Are lobbies that lawless and useless? I've only dabbled...

Surely it can't be that hard to find decent clean racing? I've seen lots of threads on here where people are seeking others to join them in lobbies for racing. Doesn't MINKIHL run regular races? Seems to me that there are options for those who enjoy the underlying game but are frustrated by the FIA/Daily tuning restrictions.....

Why not race in lobbies then? Rather than giving up the game altogether. Are lobbies that lawless and useless? I've only dabbled...

Surely it can't be that hard to find decent clean racing? I've seen lots of threads on here where people are seeking others to join them in lobbies for racing. Doesn't MINKIHL run regular races? Seems to me that there are options for those who enjoy the underlying game but are frustrated by the FIA/Daily tuning restrictions.....
Sure that the solution at least for me would be racing a serious ligue with tuning allowed . I know MINKIHL races but the hours they are happening is not matching with my working time.
It takes a long time to find a room in online lobbies where you will race with people driving at the same pace as your , turning the race much more fun and disputed.
The way that PD daily races allow you to find a perfect room any 15 minutes or 2 time a week is just excelent , just like a huge regional scale ligue.

I understand. One would think that the easy solution would be for PD to simply provide tuning and non-tuning daily races. Those who like the current system can stick with the non tuning races and those who want more input, can opt for the tune races. Like many apparently "simple" fixes, there are probably reasons why its more complicated for them to implement. Oh well!!

Last edited:
I understand. One would think that the easy solution would be for PD to simply provide tuning and non-tuning daily races. Those who like the current system can stick with the non tuning races and those who want more input, can opt for the tune races. Like many apparently "simple" fixes, there are probably reasons why its more complicated for them to implement. Oh well!!

IMHO that's not it. They want to appeal to more light-weight customers and leave there long term supporters out in the cold. They think nobody's interested in cars and how they work. See https://www.driving.co.uk/news/gran-turismo-boss-says-removed-gt-mode-gamers-losing-automotive-know/

where Yamauchi says:
“Twenty years ago, when we did the first Gran Turismo, people knew what happens when you change an air filter; people knew what increased compression ratios do to your car. But the new users don’t have that knowledge anymore because they’re not as interested in the cars, so we’ve simplified that area [of the game] so you can do the exact same thing you were doing in the past, but it’s more user-friendly for people just getting into cars.”

They fail to see how many people have turned to gaming computers for real racing games. Complex games.

They fail to see how distorted the results of online races (re which cars win) because real cars that would flourish in a given race happen to have a default tune that's ridiculous for a given track. Why are Ferraris lousy or missing? Do they never watch sports car races on television or consider how popular that's becoming?

As Praiano says above, they've shown that online racing can work wonderfully from a console. He's right, but they've retired from the field so far as realistic racing is concerned.

My suggestion would enable them to appeal to the "lightweights" as well as the oldskoolers.

Personally, I'm a healthly mixture of the two. I've owned cars from the 70's, 80's and 90's and changed clutches, gearboxes and done my own tuning. Having said that, I always much much much preferred driving cars to working on them. I did my own mechanic work to save money, not because I loved it, although I did enjoy carby tampering and making mods that made a tangible difference. When it comes to games though, I have no wish to get into the nitty gritty of tuning. That doesn't mean I don't want a tuned car though, and thats why I'll miss Praiano's tunes!

Last edited:
My point of view about tuning is not turning a car much more faster , you will be able to gain more or less 1 sc on a 2 minutes lap comparing to the stock settings.
The real goal for me is to turn a car easier to drive , adapted to my driving style and that will forgive some wrong driving inputs , turning myself a better andmore regular racer , able to drive consecutives fast laps , having more fun , less deceptions and sticking eventually with a pack of aliens drivers because of my car taylored for me or for a majority of not super skilled players.
Aliens mostly or even the top of the top drivers , can easily manage some bad car's behaviors due to poor stock settings , just like a ferrari GR3 or Audi GR3 , even a very good but sharp Alfa GR4 ...... This is not a problem for them and this fact only increase the difference between them and us.

I just think that this game is a transition they are working on , waiting for the PS5 technology and power , fine tuning their servers , VR hardware evolution and a brand new big huge GT7 at the end. All those fantastics things seems to be on their way. A good gaming PC is out of reach for me.
I love consoles , they are relatively cheap and they will give all what an old gamer with just a few money like me can enjoy and buy.
Take care of us Mr Kaz , i will be your fan and faithful client till the end.:)👍

I think you underestimate your own tunes, Praiano! Many of your tunes (F40 for example) totally transform the driving experience. I actually don't look at or care about lap times. I'm just talking about driveability and fun.

Hopefully you're right re: PS5 and GT7. We live in eternal hope! For now though, I'm pretty happy with GTS. I've only been playing about 5 months so I guess I'm still kinda in the honeymoon period where everything's good!

This garage is off from now till i don't know when. There is absolutely no reasons anymore to tune in GTS . No FIA events , not even a time attack to justify and motivate myself to make any settings for any car.
Tuning in GTS become totally savourless. I don't know why polyphonie still offer open settings parameters if they are so useless.
I will still play and racing FIA events , the only thing that entertain me more or less for the moment.

it is also for this reason that I decided to stop doing. GT Sport no longer has any interest for me as long as PD does not change.

Did GT Sport allow tuning for the online races in the past? Is it a recent change?
Hi, CustomX,
Yeah, I it looks like requiring a majorish change. The other night I was the America On Line site and they have recently started a GTSport league, though I don't know why except of course the real-person stewards watch races and presumably do a good job. But they have to use BOP!

I got very excited and then very sad. I'm pretty certain they allow tuning in their other racing games. But they say turning the BOP off would allow players to make upgrades that would give them an advantage over other players. I guess what that means is that raising the power and lowering the weight you're doing something that they can't detect. So maybe the Playstation people can't detect it either.

See https://apexonlineracing.com/community/threads/aor-super-gt-season-1-time-trials.33671/

They ban assists other than TC and ABS so they must be able to detect them. I suppose anything the game can detect.

Wait a minute. What can you ban when setting up a Custom Race or lobby room? Come to think of it, in lobbies you can set up a maximum power or minimum weight, and tyres for that matter. There's no setting for model of car to match that to, but they display car model. So if they can figure out if someone's cheating by adjusting what BOP adjusts and controls, why can't AOL do it and what upgrades are we talking about and why do we need BOP? Hmm.

The other games they have for PS4 are Assetto Corsa, F1 and ProjectCars2.

Rick

Last edited:
Hi, CustomX,
Yeah, I it looks like requiring a majorish change. The other night I was the America On Line site and they have recently started a GTSport league, though I don't know why except of course the real-person stewards watch races and presumably do a good job. But they have to use BOP!

I got very excited and then very sad. I'm pretty certain they allow tuning in their other racing games. But they say turning the BOP off would allow players to make upgrades that would give them an advantage over other players. I guess what that means is that raising the power and lowering the weight you're doing something that they can't detect. So maybe the Playstation people can't detect it either.

See https://apexonlineracing.com/community/threads/aor-super-gt-season-1-time-trials.33671/

They ban assists other than TC and ABS so they must be able to detect them. I suppose anything the game can detect.

Wait a minute. What can you ban when setting up a Custom Race or lobby room? Come to think of it, in lobbies you can set up a maximum power or minimum weight, and tyres for that matter. There's no setting for model of car to match that to, but they display car model. So if they can figure out if someone's cheating by adjusting what BOP adjusts and controls, why can't AOL do it and what upgrades are we talking about and why do we need BOP? Hmm.

The other games they have for PS4 are Assetto Corsa, F1 and ProjectCars2.

Rick
You can apply BOP and still allow tuning in the lobbies. That is good and not a complaint by most. This should be applied to the daily races and FIA.

I do hope I understood you correctly. If not, my apologies.

Sure that the solution at least for me would be racing a serious ligue with tuning allowed . I know MINKIHL races but the hours they are happening is not matching with my working time.
It takes a long time to find a room in online lobbies where you will race with people driving at the same pace as your , turning the race much more fun and disputed.
The way that PD daily races allow you to find a perfect room any 15 minutes or 2 time a week is just excelent , just like a huge regional scale ligue.
Come to Project Cars. You will have a great time tuning in that game!

Come to Project Cars. You will have a great time tuning in that game!
Hello my friend, i remember we had some great fun around BRNO in PCars1.
Some friend offer me PC2 , i have it in my PS4 but after a week of test i can say i really don't like the physics of this game at all. I had a lot more fun on the previous game of the brand.
I still play asseto corsa sometime , but mostly GT . Here is the great fun for me , no other game on PS4 can give me this . The only deception is the no tuning option for the sport mode. As you know , cars settings are a game in the game and the most important part for me.
It's perhaps an arcade game , as some people say , but if so , i'm a fanatic arcade player . This is the only game i can play during monthes or years that still put a smile on my face.
Have a very good day .

I still play asseto corsa sometime ,
Me too. Wonderfully thorough tuning system. I tuned one car there myself from scratch- it took a month! It worked pretty good, actually. But you are the expert. Your set of tunes (27) for that game is a treasure I still use. Are they still online somewhere? Lot's of tracks and important cars missing from GTS (and I'm talking about the PS4 version). Too bad it didn't catch on more but it's doing better than one would think to have an online PS4 league on AOR (search aor assetto corsa ps4) on YouTube.

You can apply BOP and still allow tuning in the lobbies. That is good and not a complaint by most. This should be applied to the daily races and FIA.

No, you're right. My only ask would be for more of them! I'm a beginner on this game and need to improve my driving before I'm not afraid of ruining someone's race. But I'm working on it.

No, you're right. My only ask would be for more of them! I'm a beginner on this game and need to improve my driving before I'm not afraid of ruining someone's race. But I'm working on it.
You can do it. Laps, laps, laps. That's the #1 way to get better. Good luck.:cheers:

Thanks for all the feedback and info mate. Appreciated. It seems the answer to my question though is that nothing has actually changed. Which leads me of course to wonder why @praiano63 , @Jeje6410 et al did so many tunes in the time leading up til now if there was no online (daily/FIA) incentive to do so.....

Thanks for all the feedback and info mate. Appreciated. It seems the answer to my question though is that nothing has actually changed. Which leads me of course to wonder why @praiano63 , @Jeje6410 et al did so many tunes in the time leading up til now if there was no online (daily/FIA) incentive to do so.....
Just for the pleasure to drive better cars myself racing against my own ghost , also for the pleasure to do what i most love in the game and to provide competitive safe easy cars to people who race in normal online lobbies or leagues where tuning is allowed.

Here is a car i was working on lately. The best FF in the game , i had to publish it before the break.
Honda integra type r '98.jpg

Just for the pleasure to drive better cars myself racing against my own ghost , also for the pleasure to do what i most love in the game and to provide competitive safe easy cars to people who race in normal online lobbies or leagues where tuning is allowed.

And for that we're all grateful! Hopefully PD either hire you and/or start allowing tuning in some of the races

Yes just for the pleasure of driving and sharing my cars like in GT6. But without the events as in GT6 it does not interest me anymore

Yes just for the pleasure of driving and sharing my cars like in GT6. But without the events as in GT6 it does not interest me anymore

The new update's McLaren F1 GTR is simply gorgeous. I very briefly tried it out as is on Suzuka. Very nice but needs help. I wonder how long you guys can resist it. (Time being measured in seconds.):)

But of course online is out the window. The engineers who try to make the GTSports "simulation" be something like one instead of the arcade game it is becoming without tuning must be tearing their hair out with what happens to their car after it leaves their hands. There's a BOP update for it before I even knew the car was added. 89% power and 121% weight. So in Sports Mode you're supposed to drive it like that with the original 100-100% tuning locked in. How is the resulting physics supposed to represent any kind of reality? I can't see a sane manufacturer or sponsor putting a $3/4 million+ car like that on a track- much less entrust a driver's life to it! Not to speak of their reputation.

The new update's McLaren F1 GTR is simply gorgeous. I very briefly tried it out as is on Suzuka. Very nice but needs help. I wonder how long you guys can resist it. (Time being measured in seconds.):)

But of course online is out the window. The engineers who try to make the GTSports "simulation" be something like one instead of the arcade game it is becoming without tuning must be tearing their hair out with what happens to their car after it leaves their hands. There's a BOP update for it before I even knew the car was added. 89% power and 121% weight. So in Sports Mode you're supposed to drive it like that with the original 100-100% tuning locked in. How is the resulting physics supposed to represent any kind of reality? I can't see a sane manufacturer or sponsor putting a $3/4 million+ car like that on a track- much less entrust a driver's life to it! Not to speak of their reputation.
I will do a tune for the McLaren on Nordschleife, it's too stiff there and need a fix for sure.

Latest Posts

Back