Praiano's GT Sport Garage

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 762 comments
Neither can I. I’m assuming that in his response, he said it can be disregarded since the stock transmission setup works pretty well?
Yes exactly , this is the one showed on the tune video. The reason is because this is an all around tune and the use of auto-set is ok to adapt to any given track. If you want to taylor it for specifics turns or a portion of the track (for example the Suzuka S where is good to use the same high rpm gear) , then you will have to test and fine tune the best way..

Hi , there are no tricks at all on it . Just auto set at 300 kmh in this case , stock work very well.

Something very strange is going on here. I cannot get your numbers even after resetting to default and leaving it completely stock. Maybe PD have change it since you did your vid....

Screenshot 1 shows you what happens when I set the autoset to 300 - you can see that first gear cannot reach a value of 2.604. It only goes as high as 2.579

Screenshot 2 shows you that if I match final gear to yours (3.415) the speeds are way different to yours. (ie. 1st gear is 118 on mine, and in your video is 99)

Try this modified flip. Reset the trans. Give the top speed 2 clicks to the right.
1st gear all the way left
2nd gear 1/4 from the left
3rd gear in the middle
Top gear all the way to the right
Evenly spread 4th and 5th gears (6th gear too).
Now adjust the final gear for the top speed you desire depending on the longest straight of the track you pick.

This is definitely modified from the Praiano school of flipping transmissions.

Something very strange is going on here. I cannot get your numbers even after resetting to default and leaving it completely stock. Maybe PD have change it since you did your vid....

Screenshot 1 shows you what happens when I set the autoset to 300 - you can see that first gear cannot reach a value of 2.604. It only goes as high as 2.579

Screenshot 2 shows you that if I match final gear to yours (3.415) the speeds are way different to yours. (ie. 1st gear is 118 on mine, and in your video is 99)

I don' know what happen exactly , perhaps i 've had fixed the final gear earlier in the tuning process , the fact is when you set the final gear tp 3.415 first then bring the top speed slider to 300 kmh,then you'll have those numbers.
But i have to remember that i didn't do any specific gearbox for this car , any stock gears ratios you will obtain when you move the top speed slider will be ok for a given track depending of the top speed you need on it.

Congrats to @Igor Fraga for the 3rd place on the circuit paul ricard formula regional race. 2d place during all the race but passed by Fittipaldi close to the last lap , it seems that his rear tires were a bit too much wasted . Nice race.

Thank you!! Yes, we had more agrressive tire wear comparing to Prema, and was difficult weekend. I basicly didn't practiced with this car and track before, and I had only 2 sessions of 40 minutes to adapt. The 1st session was used for the shake down because the car was brand new. At the end of the day was very positive to finish in the podium, and we are working hard right know thinking on the next races ☺️

Thank you!! Yes, we had more agrressive tire wear comparing to Prema, and was difficult weekend. I basicly didn't practiced with this car and track before, and I had only 2 sessions of 40 minutes to adapt. The 1st session was used for the shake down because the car was brand new. At the end of the day was very positive to finish in the podium, and we are working hard right know thinking on the next races ☺️
Yes , i've read this somewhere on the net , must be a hard task to be so competitive with such a few time for training. Good luck for Vallelunga race 4 & 5 may .
Etapa 1 – Paul Ricard (França) – 13 e 14 abril
Etapa 2 – Vallelunga (Itália) – 4 e 5 de maio
Etapa 3 – Hungaroring (Hungria) – 6 e 7 de junho
Etapa 4 – Red Bull Ring (Áustria) – 13 e 14 de julho
Etapa 5 – Imola (Itália) – 31 de agosto e 1º de setembro
Etapa 6 – Barcelona (Espanha) – 21 e 22 de setembro
Etapa 7 – Mugello (Itália) – 5 e 6 de outubro
Etapa 8 – Monza (Itália) – 19 e 20 de outubro

Toyota Trueno.jpg

Hello, old friend. It’s been a long time, just dropping by to say hi and take a peak at yet another great garage that you have put together. I’m looking forward to trying some of these tunes!:cheers:
Hello , how are you my friend ?
Yes i'm still tuning some cars in GTS , just because like i say , this is a game in the game for me , i love this part.
They have made some progress comparing to the olders games , a lot of cars have already a very good base tune but still more than a half need some work. Tuning in GT have lost a lot of interest , most of the events are not allowing it , only some online rooms and few racing series.
Have a good day.

I have a question about your gearbox setup. How do you set yours? I've done

1st set the final gear to 4.500
2nd set the top speed
3rd set the gears
4th reset the final gear

Hello, regarding your tune for the NSX Concept-GT, would work well with Alsace or do I have to adjust something? The aero is really high and Alsace is a medium-high speed track, so do I have to lessen the downforce a bit or is it okay as it is?

Thank you in advance :cheers: I always rely on your tunes whenever the opportunity to use them arises :D

I have a question about your gearbox setup. How do you set yours? I've done

1st set the final gear to 4.500
2nd set the top speed
3rd set the gears
4th reset the final gear
I use the transmition flip for some cars with peaky engines , the fact is that there is not so much difference talking about performance , a lot less than in GT6 or GT5 for example . The most important gearbox setting in GTS is to match the gears with the most important sections of a track , for a succession of turns for example or for a better out of a special slow corner .... more in this way.

Hello, regarding your tune for the NSX Concept-GT, would work well with Alsace or do I have to adjust something? The aero is really high and Alsace is a medium-high speed track, so do I have to lessen the downforce a bit or is it okay as it is?

Thank you in advance :cheers: I always rely on your tunes whenever the opportunity to use them arises :D
Sorry , i don't know what NSX you're talking about ??:confused:

EDIT: Is this the GR2 ? 2016 ? If so , this is an all around tune , just need to taylor the gearbox for the track. Perhaps the LSD acceleration depending of the compound you'll use.

Sorry , i don't know what NSX you're talking about ??:confused:

EDIT: Is this the GR2 ? 2016 ? If so , this is an all around tune , just need to taylor the gearbox for the track. Perhaps the LSD acceleration depending of the compound you'll use.
Yup, precisely that car. Thanks for the clarification! :D

Praiano,
I have a gearbox setup question for you. I'm driving the Dodge Viper SRT GT3-R '15 race car in the Endurance Races. There are some tracks that I ca't get my gears set low enough. What can I do to fix this problem?

FC Transmission
Final Gear at 4.500
Max Speed 124 mph
1st 2.682/105
2nd 2.049/137
3rd 1.644/171
4th 1.368/206
5th 1.166/242
6th 1.038/280
Final Gear at 3.222

garystevens64

Praiano,
I have a gearbox setup question for you. I'm driving the Dodge Viper SRT GT3-R '15 race car in the Endurance Races. There are some tracks that I ca't get my gears set low enough. What can I do to fix this problem?

FC Transmission
Final Gear at 4.500
Max Speed 124 mph
1st 2.682/105
2nd 2.049/137
3rd 1.644/171
4th 1.368/206
5th 1.166/242
6th 1.038/280
Final Gear at 3.222

garystevens64
If you can't set a gearbox for low speed track , you can use the transmition flip but inverted.
In the way of setting the final gear at the max value first , then top speed minimum ....... you can do first finalgear to minimum value , top sped minimum value to ....... set your individual gears , then bring all together to a very low speed range , increasing the final gear again to a higher value .
Normally i use this only for tsukuba only . I don't know any other track that request such a low speed close setting gearbox.

I'm racing at Mount Panoramo Motor Racing Circuit. I'll try what you recommend and thank you so much for getting back to me so quickly.

garystevens64

FIA Season 1 is coming , still no settings allowed in FIA races , i'm now 100% sure that PD don't give any kind of importance to this part of the game anymore.
Just now after 1.39 update that stock settings would need a quick fix to let them better . Some cars are really horrible , just refusing to turn .... anyway.
PD is just interested by fast drivers transforming them in globe trotters travelling all year long to make some kind of comunication. Good for them. Have fun guys.
I think i've done some good job for you Mr Kazunori during all those years building a lot of settings for the GT community.
I'm just a third world citizen , i play GT with a PS4 payed by some fans and a wheel graciously offered by LOGITECH Brasil.

I would love if someday you decide to return to the origin of GT giving back the real place to settings in this game . If i can help with something , i will be there, it will be a real pleasure for me.

Till there , this garage is over , definitively closed.

19816.jpg

Last edited:
FIA Season 1 is coming , still no settings allowed in FIA races , i'm now 100% sure that PD don't give any kind of importance to this part of the game anymore.
Just now after 1.39 update that stock settings would need a quick fix to let them better . Some cars are really horrible , just refusing to turn .... anyway.
PD is just interested by fast drivers transforming them in globe trotters travelling all year long to make some kind of comunication. Good for them. Have fun guys.
I think i've done some good job for you Mr Kazunori during all those years building a lot of settings for the GT community.
I'm just a third world citizen , i play GT with a PS4 payed by some fans and a wheel graciously offered by LOGITECH Brasil.

I would love if someday you decide to return to the origin of GT giving back the real place to settings in this game . If i can help with something , i will be there, it will be a real pleasure for me.

I have given up on GT Sport too, and what you said in your post is this, i'm now 100% sure that PD don't give any kind of importance to this part of the game anymore, and that is spot on my friend. Tuning should be in Sport Mode Races and the FIA as well.

19816.jpg
Damn... This is just sad to see. If only the top guys doing FIA actually cared about GTS and voiced their concern regarding what feels like the decapitation of tuning from this game. Your base tunes that you make are amazing and it's gonna be such a loss for the tuning community. Hopefully in GT7, PD decides to go back to their roots.

19816.jpg
P come over to PCars 2. It is a better game than people give it credit for. I race with lots of Brazilians every day.Hell I'll buy you the game. Great real life track's, cars and tuning. Try it.

P come over to PCars 2. It is a better game than people give it credit for. I race with lots of Brazilians every day.Hell I'll buy you the game. Great real life track's, cars and tuning. Try it.
Sorry my friend , i have PC2 , a friend bought it for me 2 years ago when we were waiting for GTSport. I really don't like this game , track list is cool but i hate the physics , i don't have any pleasure to drive it.
I love GT Sport , i still have a lot of fun with FIA events , this is just that tuning is dead in the game for me. I don't find any motivation and purpose to continue doing it.

19816.jpg

Sadly, you're right. I've also lost interest in GTS both offline and online racing due to the lack of full tuning as it was in previous iterations of Gran Turismo. But we can thank the thousands of people who complained to Polyphony Digital that they found tuning cars too complicated. So Kaz decided to simplify tuning for those too lazy to learn and also not allow it in online racing in GTS.

Hopefully, we may see a return to full tuning in GT7, but in the meantime I'll continue playing Project CARS & Assetto Corsa.

19816.jpg
Bonjour Laurent.
Je comprends ta décision. Moi même je me demande où PD veut aller en changeant la physique presque à chaque Maj.
Moi qui allé te demander comment corriger les wheeling et autres incapacités à tourner ... !
Sache que je la respecte et que le feeling de tes réglages vont me manquer.
A bientôt ;) 👍 :cheers:

Back