PRAIANO'S TUNES : SETTINGS FOR GT7

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 11,899 comments
I see why the Toyota GR010 wasn’t published. The understeer is “ungodly bad”, to quote someone else. It’s accurate. Worst Gr1 I have for Suzuka.

Ugh, should have bought the Audi. Time to grind out another 3mm credits. Maybe I’ll find something that Toyota is useful for.
The GR010 is atm the fastest car for Sardegna Endurance at 800pp. ~23:30 min.

The GR010 is atm the fastest car for Sardegna Endurance at 800pp. ~23:30 min.
Good. It can earn me some credits back. Hah

Edit: my de-tuned Bugatti VGT GR1 won it pretty easily for me a few times yesterday. I had to run it learn to beat the AI and I work by like a minute with plenty of F ups because my attention span sucks. 🤣

Last edited:
I still haven’t beaten Suzuka in the GR1 series. I finally have 3mm credits again. What is the best 3mm GR1 car for that race? I’ve bought lots of 1mm Gr1 and VGT cars and I’m trying to do it right this time.
here we are, no more coffee...tonight I won Daytona and Ste Croix always with the Peugeot.....not because I'm French, but because it's easy to drive...... :lol:
setup of Mr Praiano, only adjusted the box to the circuit.....
medium tyres and 1 stop
and I'm not a very good driver :lol:

I just did the WTC 800 @ St Sardegna twice. First in the Toyota GR010 and the second time in my detuned Bugatti VGT Gr1. I got second place in the Toyota because I ran out of gas on the last straight away because my battery ran out and it started guzzling fuel. The second time in the Bugatti, I won by almost a minute and it was a joy to drive. Pit once after lap 8. No tires, run the fuel mapping on 4 for the first half and 1-2 in the second half. RH tires, wide open, no short shifting hyper miling crap or trail braking like in that tatted up Prius race car.

I can share the set up if anyone wants. I haven’t even tuned the suspension on it. I just raised the ride high and took out as much aero as I could and ran the stock turbo and took a bunch of power out of it, but it still has enough power to keep up and eats up the corners. I’m bad at driving and use a PS5 controller and can do consistent 1:41-1:42 laps, same as AI, but AI pits four times and you only need to pit once.

It’s my new money maker. I got tired of Tokyo.

Last edited:
I’m bad at driving and use a PS5 controller and can do consistent 1:41-1:42 laps
With PS4 controller i run around 1:34's (low 1:33's are my best laps). SO controller is not an issue. Neither is "bad" or "good" driving.
You just need to get used to GR010 i guess. Brake earlier, trailbrake - it will help with understeering and let you to keep your boost
This car is pretty much unique, it's not the LMP1.

With PS4 controller i run around 1:34's (low 1:33's are my best laps). SO controller is not an issue. Neither is "bad" or "good" driving.
You just need to get used to GR010 i guess. Brake earlier, trailbrake - it will help with understeering and let you to keep your boost
This car is pretty much unique, it's not the LMP1.
That’s solid. I just did the same de tuning thing with the Peugeot L750R and it’s faster. I can break 1:40 with it.

I’ll probably try with the Toyota again later, I’m just salty about it. I just F’d up and hit no tires AND no gas and had to start over or I’d have just earned 3mm credits again to buy something else to try.

Last edited:
I tried earlier and finished 2nd at 15"..:grumpy:.:lol:
Maybe I'm too slow, but the car consumes a lot of fuel and I had to make 3 stops.
the 1st stint was slower because I tried to do 3 laps.... seeing that I couldn't do it, I accelerated in map 2 and so I had to stop every 2 laps....
all in "hard running" and without changing in the last stop.
Can you tell me what was your strategy?? :):confused:
I used around half a tank to put all the A.I. to bed. Then I went to fuel map 6 and stayed ahead but not by very much. I could see that I wouldn't have enough for 2 laps with the half tank so I bumped up the fuel again to get some padding for a pit stop. Watching the radar before coming into the pits I could see a front approaching so I switched to Heavy Wets and got fuel. It started raining just as I turned the corner into the pits. After the stop, I pulled out and found myself around 8th. I worked my way up but no stress because I knew the fast guys would pit on the end of the 3rd lap which they did and so was back in the lead on the 4th lap. Running wets gave me an edge on the A.I. because they chose Intermediates while the water was up to the axles. I just cruised along at map 6 knowing that they would be pitting on lap 6 anyway. I took me a while to figure out that the car had 7 gears and fuel mileage went better after that. Sure enough, I had one lap of fuel remaining coming up on the start/finish line with one lap left on the 30 minutes. The fast guys all pitted and I cruised by, passing them all easily because I had been shadowing them for about half a lap so I was ready to move up. End of story. All I had to do was to stay ahead for one lap.

I will say, that the Honda may not be the best car for grinding because we all want a sure thing for that. A car limited to 3 laps is probably not optimum. My favourite car is the Murcielago which is heavier and the 4WD really makes a difference if you get caught in heavy rain while on Race Hards. The fast guys will be slipping and a sliding' and spinning their wheels trying to get moving while you can just motor right on by and get to the pits for Rains. You can easily pick up a half a course lead during this weather event, or about 01:30 to 02:00minutes ahead. This gives you the stress free opportunity to change back to Race Hards at your leisure after the track dries to just a touch below 1 bar on the wet meter. The Murc has lots of power using Praiano's tune and you can see 190 mph on the longer straights. The main key for me is operating the weather radar at 50 miles and watching the weather coming at you. I try to assess it for rain density, how much of it will hit the track, and how much of it there is, like a little bit, or a whole screenful, or what. I'm looking for rain clouds that are solid, or full of holes, or really patchy, so I know what rain tires to use.

So, I also wanna know whether I have time for another lap on hards, or if it's solid and coming fast then I get right onto Wets. It's probably a good thing to get to know how to use because it gives us and edge, and I don't think the A.I. have weather radar. If they do, they sure don't seem to use it.
Anyway, hope this helps.
Cheers, Pete

Hi all, new one on the forum. Im not very good at manual shifting, so im using automatic shifting.

I managed to win book 42´s Daytona with the Tomahawk (not GR1, the standard one).

Taking in care that im not able to use manual shifting, which cars you recommend use for St Croix and SUzuka?

Ty!

Hi all, new one on the forum. Im not very good at manual shifting, so im using automatic shifting.

I managed to win book 42´s Daytona with the Tomahawk (not GR1, the standard one).

Taking in care that im not able to use manual shifting, which cars you recommend use for St Croix and SUzuka?

Ty!
You will see different strategies for Suzuka. One being fuel management and completing the race without making a pit stop. I don’t think that’s possible without short shifting manually. You’d need to stick with the vehicles with the strategy of one pit stop. The best IMO for Suzuka is the Peugeot L750R. For St Croix, I could only beat it with the Bugatti VGT Gr1, but I’m an outlier there. I don’t see anyone else using it.

You will see different strategies for Suzuka. One being fuel management and completing the race without making a pit stop. I don’t think that’s possible without short shifting manually. You’d need to stick with the vehicles with the strategy of one pit stop. The best IMO for Suzuka is the Peugeot L750R. For St Croix, I could only beat it with the Bugatti VGT Gr1, but I’m an outlier there. I don’t see anyone else using it.

Nice, ty. Then ill be using a one pit strategy in St Croix and Suzuka. I did it like that in Daytona and it was successfully.

Ill save money and buy the Peugeot and try with that one.

Nice, ty. Then ill be using a one pit strategy in St Croix and Suzuka. I did it like that in Daytona and it was successfully.

Ill save money and buy the Peugeot and try with that one.
The Peugeot will earn you the money back with some the spare in two race wins in the WTC 800 @ St Croix. It’s still dominant detuned to 800pp.

Peugeot L750R Hybrid VGT '17 - 950PP - Racing Medium Tires - Suzuka

1:42.5xx regular out of traffic , best at 1:41.7 in race. 17:30 total time in my hands.

1 stop lap 5 for gas and tires. Gas at 1 full power.

EDIT: You can see a very long 1st gear. I had problem losing the rear end after spinning out the Casio chicane , also out turn 9 after degner before passing under the bridge and out the hairpin. This way set at 155kmh , the retake is smooth , quick and safe.
Still trying to match your 17:30 total time. I got 17:38 with a couple bobbles and a tad too much fuel maybe worth 2-4 secs total, but otherwise pushing entire race.

Is there any strategy as to when to use the battery boost or is it just automatic? I don’t know the specifics of hybrids in this game.

What gear do you run through S’s? I stay in 3td mostly except 2nd going in and coming out. I gained some time over my earlier runs coming out of Dunlop 2 using 2nd on exit instead of first but that corner might be where I am losing. Braking earlier for hairpin after Dunlop I am using first there. 2nd in final chicane.

Anyway, 17:30 is great pace.

Last edited:
Still trying to match your 17:30 total time. I got 17:38 with a couple bobbles and a tad too much fuel maybe worth 2-4 secs total, but otherwise pushing entire race.

Is there any strategy as to when to use the battery boost or is it just automatic? I don’t know the specifics of hybrids in this game.

What gear do you run through S’s? I stay in 3td mostly except 2nd going in and coming out. I gained some time over my earlier runs coming out of Dunlop 2 using 2nd on exit instead of first but that corner might be where I am losing. Braking earlier for hairpin after Dunlop I am using first there. 2nd in final chicane.

I can't check now , no power in the house , tomorrow i'll save some pics. I remember my 1 st lap was terrific at 110% attack the 2 degner and hairpin (with some side contacts) . After it was clear of main traffic to maintain full pace.

I just did the WTC 800 @ St Sardegna twice. First in the Toyota GR010 and the second time in my detuned Bugatti VGT Gr1. I got second place in the Toyota because I ran out of gas on the last straight away because my battery ran out and it started guzzling fuel. The second time in the Bugatti, I won by almost a minute and it was a joy to drive. Pit once after lap 8. No tires, run the fuel mapping on 4 for the first half and 1-2 in the second half. RH tires, wide open, no short shifting hyper miling crap or trail braking like in that tatted up Prius race car.

I can share the set up if anyone wants. I haven’t even tuned the suspension on it. I just raised the ride high and took out as much aero as I could and ran the stock turbo and took a bunch of power out of it, but it still has enough power to keep up and eats up the corners. I’m bad at driving and use a PS5 controller and can do consistent 1:41-1:42 laps, same as AI, but AI pits four times and you only need to pit once.

It’s my new money maker. I got tired of Tokyo.

The last 2 pages it’s about the GR010.

So, I also wanna know whether I have time for another lap on hards, or if it's solid and coming fast then I get right onto Wets. It's probably a good thing to get to know how to use because it gives us and edge, and I don't think the A.I. have weather radar. If they do, they sure don't seem to use it.
Anyway, hope this helps.
Cheers, Pete

Thank you for taking the trouble to write this long text........I will try again tonight.....
yesterday, I had no rain or hardly any, which allowed me to do everything on hard tires.....
usually I did it with the Mazda Vision Gr3....
3 laps on "hard" tires and 1 stop to put "intermediate" tires and go to the end, being careful not to burn them too fast.......
but I lost the hand and I can't do it anymore, that's why I'll be happy to find another car to go and get my 825.000 cr :lol::lol:

LOVE your tunes. Can NOT get below the 2:20's. Do not have the

Is that a factor? Or is it my lousy driving:)? Can you only get that with the Wide Body install? Really want this to work! Thank you!
Almost no different performance for wide body. You'll see the PP light variation + - after intallation. Rim's don't change PP , i don't suppose and feel any difference. Just a question of look.

Last edited:
Alpine A220 Race Car '68 - 600PP - Sport Hard Tires - Tokyo Rain 12 laps race.
I've used this car today to make some money on Tokyo. It work very well.
This is a NO STOP 12 LAPS RACE. Need to use CONSOMPTION at 3 , You can set traction control at 1 optional.
After going out of the trafic , the car lap 2:13 to 2:12 for a comfortable win.

Rim Width Wide Offset Wide

Obs: I use the normal gearbox.

I love this livery , when you select one , there is no information about who did this. If somebody know the person who did this livery , give him my compliments. Bravo.
Thanks, this tune really works for me versus the NSX now we've lost Tomahawk plus this track Credit grind give some nice variety from the lower payout Sardegna.

I finally beat Suzuka. I used @praiano63 awesome tune for the L750R, but changed my strategy up a little bit. I used RH tires fuel level 1 and one pit for gas only and I raised the down force as much as I could (1229F/1800R) staying @950pp. Thank you guys for your help!

The race before, I had the most rain I’ve ever seen on that race. The radar looked bad so I switched to intermediate tires when I pit after lap 5 and it rained the rest of the race. I got second place in that one.

Last edited:
Then it must be me. I got lapped by the first three cars and the race was over! I was using a controller, normally would use wheel, will try that. And not hit a barrier. Still lap times in the 2:20s? This car doesn't seem to have the acceleration to keep up. When the track dries towards the end, it would go 180 mph + on the straight after the tunnel. Wet was much less. Still never had a lap anywhere near 2:12. Any suggestions?
Thank you!

The Alpine A220 seems to be the one stop shop for grinding.

the 600PP tune is good for Tokyo...and...the 700PP tune is good for le mans

$825k/approx 30 mins
Hah. Another car I should have purchased when available. I assume it was a legends car?

IT"S ON !!!! Back to the civilization. :cheers: ⚡⚡

accelerate top gear GIF by BBC America

Last edited:

After 4 tries Some rain today mid and end race. No patience to do more , i'm a few tired with GR1 suzuka. But i did some regular 1:41 & 1:42 regular till the rain.
I've change my settings very few but using Hard tires this time. Very good , no changing tires , just gas full tank.
Need to downshift to find grip final 1st turn , all the S section , Degner stay 4th , downshift last left at spoon to gain grip....
It could be a under 17:30 easy. Again , like the medium tires last week try , but it was much more hard to do because of tire wear.
I'll to publish an update for the new setting.
1.jpg
2.jpg

Last edited:
Peugeot L750R Hybrid VGT '17 - 950PP - Racing Hard Tires - Suzuka
UPDATE RACING HARD TIRES 08/06/2022

1:41.3xx regular out of traffic , best at 1:40.8 in race. around 17:30 total time in my hands.

1 stop lap 5 for gas only , NO tires. Gas at 1 full power.

Need to downshift to find grip final 1st turn , all the S section , Degner stay 4th , downshift last left at spoon to gain grip....

View attachment 1159046View attachment 1159047

Gearbox
Top speed 330 kmh
Final gear at 2.810
Set each gear.

View attachment 1159049View attachment 1159051

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.

UPDATE RACING HARD TIRES 08/06/2022

Latest Posts

Back