PRAIANO'S TUNES : SETTINGS FOR GT7

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 11,880 comments
It's my plan , but with racing tires of course , GR3....
I bought nsx and 911 both GR3. Quick pre-set at SPA 10 laps each , the NSX faster 1.5 sec /lap than 911. BOP or 630pp.
PD Have a lot of job to make this work for the next FIA season.

Thank you for the tunes. Are you able to explain in detail how to accurately replicate the gear ratios?

Also, do you do oil change for each of the cars?

I do have front, side, rear, and wing A. I then added wide body after…. Maybe I need to switch to rear wing B… thanks for the response!
I think that there are 2 sets of front, side and rear parts for respectively the normal and wide-body modded shapes.
The rear wings seem to be the same though.

I'm crazy about the 21 supra rz. I'm having issues tuning it. (The blue one in grand central)
You have advice tuning rwd cars? Do you usually do all weight reduction first then work off that? Sorry I'm new to this game. I seem to run into alot of issues tuning the gear box. If I hit certain points it sometimes jumps like 80 pp which is wild...I want to have a short course like tsbuka and Daytona road course tunes...one for crazy speed and one for crazy acceleration, and maby one for all around thats competitive everywhere in between, i like to race in between 500pp - 650 pp. 🤪 I'll gladly donate to the ps5 fund whether I get a reply or not. Cheers man

Thank you for the tunes. Are you able to explain in detail how to accurately replicate the gear ratios?

Also, do you do oil change for each of the cars?
1.07 update right now. I hope we'll have some aswers about all this mess , including gearbox. Actually i'm not able to explain anything , ratios settings seems have their own life :lol:
I'm crazy about the 21 supra rz. I'm having issues tuning it. (The blue one in grand central)
You have advice tuning rwd cars? Do you usually do all weight reduction first then work off that? Sorry I'm new to this game. I seem to run into alot of issues tuning the gear box. If I hit certain points it sometimes jumps like 80 pp which is wild...I want to have a short course like tsbuka and Daytona road course tunes...one for crazy speed and one for crazy acceleration, and maby one for all around thats competitive everywhere in between, i like to race in between 500pp - 650 pp. 🤪 I'll gladly donate to the ps5 fund whether I get a reply or not. Cheers man
First , welcome to Granturismo.Be careful , it's a addictive game , i've begun in 1999 and still hooked. ;)
I don't have the 21 supra rz yet , only the 19. Weight reduction for a heavy stock car in my opinion is the way to go first. After you can correct and add back again some , using ballast that is a great influence on the behaviors on the balance.
All the suspensions parameters are of course interacting together . The best to learn at first is the empirically way. For this when you are happy with one setting , DON'T LOSE IT. Copy the setting sheet before to explore a new option. If it goes wrong , you'll have the chance to restart on your good base.
I'll try to write something about a method after some monthes with the new game. Also with some time to Granturismo game fix the multiples bugs.
Have fun and have a good drive.

Let's see now. Update 1.07.
9. Physics Simulation Model
 - Adjusted the model to reduce the grip lost when cars with high downforce are passing over a kerbstone while cornering at its limit.

Last edited:
Porsche 911 GT3 (997) '09 - 650 PP - Sport soft tires - All around

What a car for the "Porsche Cup" for example. Perfect line , huge grip , sane ,no surprise even under wet condition , you'll have some rain during 2 races. I'm in love really , a real pleasure to pilot.

EDIT: You can gain PP and power (top Speed) , increasing the ballast value, remembering to replace it on the right position on the car to have the same repartition 44/56. Up to you ,i prefer grip , it's only a base tune.

View attachment 1121870View attachment 1121871View attachment 1121872View attachment 1121876

Insane! How good this car can be! Thanks!

Last edited:
A question for @praiano63

Love the setups and used them in GTS too, Thanks for your hard work!

I wanted to know how you test and get to your tunes. Do you go line by line, and test each change on track? whats your process?

Last edited:
A question for @praiano63

Love the setups and used them in GTS too, Thanks for your hard work!

I wanted to know how you test and get to your tunes. Do you go line by line, and test each change on track? whats your process?
I always test and build my settings at my favorites tracks. Suzuka , Nordschleife , Tsukuba for low power cars , Fuji , Laguna seca , SPA of course..... All the places where i'm feel good and i know every meters (feets).
To test a setting completely , you need a circuit where you'll able to repeat lap after lap with the same performance , driving line ......
Just can't do this on an oval.

Hoping to see a brz tune im excited as i have the same car in real life haha
It's already in the magazine together with around 8 cars . I just don't know the order . Only 3 cars almost ok.
-GR3 honda & Porsche
- Nissan R35 (no wide body) , it's a fantastic car to drive now. Very different than stock . Very responsive , answering everithing , wheel , throttle , brakes ... I just couldn't stop driving it later at night , till i needed to sleep because my eyes were closing alone itself.:lol::lol:

Nissan R34 GT-R V-Spec II Nurb '02 - 600 PP - Sport Hard tires - All Track - 1.29

Ok for Tokyo rain event till Nordschleife 7:06 . Just set the top speed for the track.
Wide body
Rims size up to you - Rim Width Wide - Offset Wide
Front B - Side A - Rear A - Wing Custom

n1.jpg
n2.jpg
n3.jpg
n4.jpg

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.

Last edited:
Just joined the forum to let you know how much I appreciate your tunes. I always run a load of laps standard before adding your settings and the difference is always measurable. Especially loving your Porsche tunes although I found the standard GT3 to be on rails.
I use the High speed ring group 4 race for grinding as I find it reasobly easy to attain the clean race bonus and your Supra tune has helped so much with the understeer in the slower corners.

Hi! I enjoyed driving with your tunes for a very long time, I'm glad to have the chance to tell you how much I appreciate your work!

Regarding GT7, did you already find out how the wide body kit and wheels modifications (offset, width) affect the performance? Especially the body kit, as it's rather expensive and it's then impossible to revert the change. Thanks!

Hi! I enjoyed driving with your tunes for a very long time, I'm glad to have the chance to tell you how much I appreciate your work!

Regarding GT7, did you already find out how the wide body kit and wheels modifications (offset, width) affect the performance? Especially the body kit, as it's rather expensive and it's then impossible to revert the change. Thanks!
Sure downforce front and rear at a higher level , chassis rigidity , skirt ( not sure) ,rear diffuser ( not sure) improve a lot the performance.
Wide body allow to put larger tires consequently , shall increase the contact grip on the tarmac.
But , i would have to test the same car with wide body and another without during the same session. Just to be sure . So i don't know yet.
What i know is that for PP for the same points , you have to reduce your power to stay in the PP zone.
I did 2 days ago the "World i don't know what 600PP race " with NS '17 , Mercedes AMG GT R 2017 , Impreza 22B 1998... Only super cars driven by a very strong AI , it was very hard for me to win 1st position. I've try with my R32 Wide body , Mitsu evo T.M wide body , both very good 600PP , but i didn't catch the rabbit in the front.
I only win the race with my R34 , without a Wide body transformation. More power for the same PP this way .
I'll test this later. The major problem for me is that it's impossible to upload your own ghost to compare the performance.
master @praiano63 did u feel aything change on physics after update
After a quick test with my Porsche 911 GR3 , No physics changes at all. Only lateral of the track , over the kerbs , seems really more grippy than before . The way they describe on the 1.07 advice.
2 days ago when i was passing over the kerbs at the chicane before the starting line at SPA , i was spining almost all of the time . A real problem with the 911.
Today , it "seems... or not" really more grippy at the same place.

Last edited:
Sure downforce front and rear at a higher level , chassis rigidity , skirt ( not sure) ,rear diffuser ( not sure) improve a lot the performance.
Wide body allow to put larger tires consequently , shall increase the contact grip on the tarmac.
But , i would have to test the same car with wide body and another without during the same session. Just to be sure . So i don't know yet.
What i know is that for PP for the same points , you have to reduce your power to stay in the PP zone.
I did 2 days ago the "World i don't know what 600PP race " with NS '17 , Mercedes AMG GT R 2017 , Impreza 22B 1998... Only super cars driven by a very strong AI , it was very hard for me to win 1st position. I've try with my R32 Wide body , Mitsu evo T.M wide body , both very good 600PP , but i didn't catch the rabbit in the front.
I only win the race with my R34 , without a Wide body transformation. More power for the same PP this way .
I'll test this later. The major problem for me is that it's impossible to upload your own ghost to compare the performance.

After a quick test with my Porsche 911 GR3 , No physics changes at all. Only lateral of the track , over the kerbs , seems really more grippy than before . The way they describe on the 1.07 advice.
2 days ago when i was passing over the kerbs at the chicane before the starting line at SPA , i was spining almost all of the time . A real problem with the 911.
Today , it seems really more grippy at the same place.
Thanks for the answer! I'll try to do some testing myself, although it will be more difficult now with the decreased rewards!

Today , it seems really more grippy at the same place.

Hello Mr Praiano. Youre sayin youve done it without increasing body rigidity? Because of your R34 Built, is it with or without the increase? Offset with or without?
Thanks in advance.
Sry for the mess. Dont knoe how to fix it.

Last edited:
Honestly, with ongoing physics changes and tuning bugs, it is not worth the time to be diving into tunes atm. Sure, basic setups and getting an understanding of how each parameter affects traction is still worth it, but the fine tuning the transient handling for example seems like a waste of time.

For now, I am just focusing on LSD/gears/ride height/camber...No ABR, because PD keeps changing mid/exit physics characteristics. I'm focusing on trying more cars, to see if there are any surprises -- like the Gr3 Alfa 4C (very different, better than GTS). The biggest parameter to affect handing so far has been the LSD -- tuning this alone makes dramatic changes to car's profile IMO.

Could you share the tune for the 650S mclaren as well please? Is the car any good even better than the Viper? Someone please help me.

Good news. Seems after the patch the gear ratios on the genesis are ok now

Thanks for answering Mr Praiano. It will be important to know on all of your tunes when you set a wide body and off set etc. I know you said that its obvious on the picture, but not for everyone, like me 🤣
Bad news. This bitch is still buggy
Genesis at the moment useless for me

Last edited:
Back