PRAIANO'S TUNES : SETTINGS FOR GT7

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 11,914 comments
Jaguar XJR-9 '88 - 800PP - Racing Hard Tires - Sardinia

This car is not performant at 800PP with originals settings. It lap around 4 seconds faster now. This 24:43 was driving cool , a lot of traffic during crucials turns , i think the car can reach the pace of the 962 .

View attachment 1166996View attachment 1166997

1- set auto speed at the minimum 250kmh
2-set the final gear to 2.790
3- set each gear ratio beginning from the last gear to first gear in this order.
Done.

View attachment 1166998View attachment 1166999View attachment 1167000View attachment 1167001

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.
Yeah, too much PP lost in loweing the front ride height to 60, it jumps from 800 to 845 I think just with this change, when you go with 80/90 you can squeeze much more power and speed, but of course, it gets quite understeery. Depends on the track really, I think that for Sardegna you can get away with 80 front and 600+ HP, I did a race with similar settings and got 23:59 total time, with 1:32.4xx fastest lap in race, you just have to adjust your braking points for a bit more easier corner entrances.

Yeah, too much PP lost in loweing the front ride height to 60, it jumps from 800 to 845 I think just with this change, when you go with 80/90 you can squeeze much more power and speed, but of course, it gets quite understeery. Depends on the track really, I think that for Sardegna you can get away with 80 front and 600+ HP, I did a race with similar settings and got 23:59 total time, with 1:32.4xx fastest lap in race, you just have to adjust your braking points for a bit more easier corner entrances.
I second this. I think the setup is leaving out a lot of lap time. I must admit I was sceptical of times as had never got close to under 24, although I just have with 23.59.519! 😁.

Managed a 1.32.1 on my first run though when still learning the breaking points. This car IMO is the fastest of the Class C's at 800pp. I could only get mid 1.33s under race conditions in the others. You have to adjust though for the extra speed. I used Praianos setup but maxed the front height and used the standard gearbox allowing more power. 670bhp and 75.1 kgfm of torque (Ecu 97 and power restrictor at 70).

No short shifting required either. I think many will also appreciate the simplicity of being able to rev out the engine and still be able to make 8 laps.

Edit, No ballast used, so last corner you need to turn in very early and get a nice cut and a little lift when tyres worn.

Attachments

• IMG_20220629_111447.jpg
    IMG_20220629_111447.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Yeah, second to last corner and the last corner are challenging, I think that the first gear must be longer for second to last corner to work, because if you try it in second gear, too much understeer. In the last corner I usually just release the throttle half way for a moment, just to be sure I won't understeer into the barrier.

Otherwise, as you say, it's probably the fastest on this track other than GR010, and very fun to drive. What diff settings are you using? It's quite tail happy even with TC1 :)

Yeah, second to last corner and the last corner are challenging, I think that the first gear must be longer for second to last corner to work, because if you try it in second gear, too much understeer. In the last corner I usually just release the throttle half way for a moment, just to be sure I won't understeer into the barrier.

Otherwise, as you say, it's probably the fastest on this track other than GR010, and very fun to drive. What diff settings are you using? It's quite tail happy even with TC1 :)
I used Prianio's lsd settings and TCS off. For the tight corner once you've climbed the hill and the second to last corner I'm using first gear for de acceleration and rotation then 2nd to accelerate out of the corner for better tracrion/less time lost shifting gears

You're right. This track only request a lot of power for a given PP , even if the car drive like the titanic in curves. I shaved 5 seconds with my settings first and i stop trying to improve the car because i was borred and already in the others cars laps times. My bad.
Like i wrote yesterday , this car with this kind of settings is performant on this track only.
I would love if PD take the decision to change this PP system based on power / weight ratio , downforce / downforce / tires / ground effect only.
All the rest PP criterias are not working and only pollute the game. Even if this turn all my cars obsoletes. It wouldn't mind to do everything again starting to zero.

Last edited:
You're right. This track only request a lot of power for a given PP , even if the car drive like the titanic in curves. I shaved 5 seconds with my settings first and i stop trying to improve the car because i was borred and already in the others cars laps times. My bad.
Like i wrote yesterday , this car with this kind of settings is performant on this track only.
I would love if PD take the decision to change this PP system based on power / weight ratio , downforce / downforce / tires / ground effect only.
All the rest PP criterias are not working and only pollute the game. Even if this turn all my cars obsoletes. It wouldn't mind to do everything again starting to zero.
Write to them Prianios. You must have the greatest user insight into the mechanics due to the time you've spent productively on all your tunes. They would see that you have the respect of the community and are an opinion leader (if they don't already) a d there could be a job in it for you. That would benefit all

Last edited:
I bought this Red Boat.
I put in the back of the garage until the mechanic gets back from lunch.
Not sure if it's as good as the GTO on lamans though..
I think the reason it has been a while since it was in the legends house was someone at PD may have been messing with it.
It really isn't the machine I thought it would be.
MY MAN..

It’s certainly not the raw, visceral experience one would expect is it? Lots of room for improvement thankfully.

Olá, meu amigo, what is your opinion on Nelson Piquet's statement about the word he used that some people say is racist? I don't have the reference to what he actually said, but this was his statement:
1656526177982.png

It is hard to believe the media when they are not sharing his original comments and translations. What do you think?
@praiano63

Sorry but I have no idea. My experience tells me that in the WTC800 and 700 short races (Monza WTC800 for example) is almost impossible to get the clean race bonus, but in those races that last longer than 10 laps (Tokyo 600, Le Mans 700, Sardegna and Spa 800) you can get the bonus easily
I managed to get a clean race bonus today on Watkins 800!
The trick is to not drive over the pit line with more than 2 wheels on last corner, which is stupid because the last curb is where all the drivers drive on, which is way over pit line and no in-race penalty for that :banghead:
Also it didn't matter if you bump into other cars during race, still clean race bonus if you stay outside the pit line with "half" the car.

Hi Live25!!
I enjoy the Lambo driving in the wet streets of Tokyo. The setup of the car at 600 pp is very good. I would like to try it at 800 pp, but the setup numbers appear blurry in the article "The Poison wars are here". Can you publish that tune again with the clear numbers??

Thank you very much, Live25!!
If you click on the image, you should be able to zoom in without any blur. I’ll repost if that doesn’t work.

I managed to get a clean race bonus today on Watkins 800!
The trick is to not drive over the pit line with more than 2 wheels on last corner, which is stupid because the last curb is where all the drivers drive on, which is way over pit line and no in-race penalty for that :banghead:
Also it didn't matter if you bump into other cars during race, still clean race bonus if you stay outside the pit line with "half" the car.
I wish we could have a small indicator that shows us when we lose the Clean race bonus. But thank you now I'll make sure that I don't go in the pit lane too much!

Jaguar XJR-9 '88 - 800PP - Racing Hard Tires - Sardinia

The car under steer wanting to eat grass like a pig last corner, but it's very fast over all. 1:31.8 best 1:32 mid regular

View attachment 1167318View attachment 1167319

1- set auto speed at the minimum 250kmh
2-set the final gear to 2.555
3- set each gear ratio beginning from the last gear to first gear in this order.

View attachment 1167320View attachment 1167321

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.
Update.

Praiano+F40=Magic
No magic. The car drive very well but totally not performant at any PP , even with ride height full max. Perhaps setting it for one make race with fix power , weight and tires.... Don't know. No clue.

Last edited:
Back