PRAIANO'S TUNES : SETTINGS FOR GT7

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 11,567 comments
Hello praiano quick question about height suspension. I read in other comments that it's because of the PP system, can I lower them without losing much performance? Will I lose only bhp or also grip and stability? Or both?

maestro, any chance for the bmw m3 with the swapped engine of the z4 and the lancia delta with the engine of the nismo gtr?
I didn't test the Lancia but it seems ok by others tested answer.
I'm about if you want to set up a lobby?

I've setup a lobby if anyone wants to join? Tokyo wet 600pp
I'm on work actually , making pizza dough all morning long. I play normally in the afternoon and much more at night between 10h pm GMT and 4 to 5 am GMT.
This would very good to racce together. 👍 ⚡:cheers:

Olá Praiano, estás a pensar fazer o tune do Mini com o motor trocado?
Hey Praiano, when are you gonna do Mini with a K20C1-Civic-'20 (Honda Civic Type R '20) engine?
I don't think i'll. I don't like FF cars . Some few are ok , but increasing power on those cars just turn them worst. Wheel spin....
Hello praiano quick question about height suspension. I read in other comments that it's because of the PP system, can I lower them without losing much performance? Will I lose only bhp or also grip and stability? Or both?
For the same ride height :
Down = +more grip -power due to more PP
UP = - Less grip + power due to less PP
It's a compromise , Lap time on a given track will speak and will oriented you showing the best way.

Talking about stability , it's different problem.
For suden lost of grip due traction for example (losing rear end under acceleration out a corner) when you raise the car up, it tend to diminish this behavior , turning the car more stable.

Also you have to considere the ground effect of the car.
Road cars with no ground effect , flat bottom ... rear diffuser ... Low the car don't increase so much grip.
On a race car , yes .

Also you have to consider the rack of a car.
To resolve the same problem , increase grip , you have 2 options for the same PP.
-1st option :increasing front downforce for a given ride height
-2d option : Or setting a lower front ride height and lower front downforce.
The second option give the same grip than 1st option but increase stability.

Of course there is some special cases. Like Ferrari 458 Italia GR3 '13 - Maxed PP - Racing Hard tires - Watkins Glenn 800 Event This car was very very unstable. For a normal stable car , i would set higher rear end. This car is very low on the suspension both end / and mini front downforce maxi rear downforce.

I hope i was more or less clear. It's difficult for me to put this on words.

Last edited:
I don't think i'll. I don't like FF cars . Some few are ok , but increasing power on those cars just turn them worst. Wheel spin....

For the same ride height :
Down = +more grip -power due to more PP
UP = - Less grip + power due to less PP
It's a compromise , Lap time on a given track will speak and will oriented you showing the best way.

Talking about stability , it's different problem.
For suden lost of grip due traction for example (losing rear end under acceleration out a corner) when you raise the car up, it tend to diminish this behavior , turning the car more stable.

Also you have to considere the ground effect of the car.
Road cars with no ground effect , flat bottom ... rear diffuser ... Low the car don't increase so much grip.
On a race car , yes .

Also you have to consider the rack of a car.
To resolve the same problem , increase grip , you have 2 options for the same PP.
-1st option :increasing front downforce for a given ride height
-2d option : Or setting a lower front ride height and lower front downforce.
The second option give the same grip than 1st option but increase stability.

Of course there is some special cases. Like Ferrari 458 Italia GR3 '13 - Maxed PP - Racing Hard tires - Watkins Glenn 800 Event This car was very very unstable. For a normal stable car , i would set higher rear end. This car is very low on the suspension both end / and mini front downforce maxi rear downforce.

I hope i was more or less clear. It's difficult for me to put this on words.
It was really clear thank you for your answer and effort!

Very good time , it seems a very fast car. I almost only race Tokyo to make some credits actually because this is the less boring way to do it.
I don't use anymore the faster cars for this to save 30 seconds or 1 minute of my time. I prefer to use a car that give me some pleasure to drive. If it's slower , driving pleasure and the possibility to fight against the top 4 AI stay me entertained.
I would love to find an online room to race peoples , then the faster car will be the goal to be able to fight with others.
Try the Aston Vantage with no aero.Sounds amazing and is very fun there..I don’t think I did any WR because it seemed to handle in the rain better and I went with manual tranny to save points to put in power.😊

Greetings @praiano63! Any plans to work on the XJR-9 that's available from the Legend Dealer? It's super fast at 800pp and super temperamental as well. I managed to tame it a bit and run Sardegna within 10ths of my best GR010 and 962C times. It drives okay but is still a handful, especially at low-speed corner exit. No doubt that you could work your magic to tame this beast and have yet another amazing car to enjoy.

Greetings @praiano63! Any plans to work on the XJR-9 that's available from the Legend Dealer? It's super fast at 800pp and super temperamental as well. I managed to tame it a bit and run Sardegna within 10ths of my best GR010 and 962C times. It drives okay but is still a handful, especially at low-speed corner exit. No doubt that you could work your magic to tame this beast and have yet another amazing car to enjoy.
I've bought it yesterday. ;)

Lexus RC F GT500 '16 - 800PP - Racing Hard tires - Sardinia

For Sardinia 15 laps race , 1 stop no change tires , Very fast car , i did a 1:33 .8xx during race , lap regular 1:35

View attachment 1162689View attachment 1162690

1- set auto speed at the minimum 290kmh
2-set the final gear to 3.000 .
3- set each gear ratio beginning from the last gear to first gear in this order.
Done.

View attachment 1162691View attachment 1162692

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.
I can only get to 1000 for the rear downforce…
how can that happen, is anyone having this as well. Just bought the car…and I also had to lower the ecu more(90)…did something change with the update or is it just me not seeing the mistake?

Jaguar XJR-9 '88 - 800PP - Racing Hard Tires - Sardinia

The car under steer wanting to eat grass like a pig last corner, but it's very fast over all. 1:31.8 best 1:32 mid regular

jag1.jpg
jag2.jpg

1- set auto speed at the minimum 250kmh
2-set the final gear to 2.555
3- set each gear ratio beginning from the last gear to first gear in this order.

jag3.jpg
jag4.jpg

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.

Last edited:
mp7
I can only get to 1000 for the rear downforce…
how can that happen, is anyone having this as well. Just bought the car…and I also had to lower the ecu more(90)…did something change with the update or is it just me not seeing the mistake?
Custom parts // Wing A

F me this is fast. Won an invite so thought I best see what the fuss was about. Not overly keen on the cornering speeds but guess that gives it its safety, which is important on this track. My first attempt just got me a 26.21 finishing time with a fastest lap of 2.06.357. No doubt more speed can be found. The NSX and GTR can't compete. I'd love to see if Praianos can get more from it.
I’d really like a tune for like 800 pp. it’s basically undrivable at higher power levels. I don’t know how to fix it. I’ve tried.

Jaguar XJR-9 '88 - 800PP - Racing Hard Tires - Sardinia

This car is not performant at 800PP with originals settings. It lap around 4 seconds faster now. This 24:43 was driving cool , a lot of traffic during crucials turns , i think the car can reach the pace of the 962 .

View attachment 1166996View attachment 1166997

1- set auto speed at the minimum 250kmh
2-set the final gear to 2.790
Done.

View attachment 1166998View attachment 1166999View attachment 1167000View attachment 1167001

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.
This car is for Sardinia and perform only there. It's a very bad car in others places . I'm doing a SPA setting for it in the pace of Porsche 962 and Mercedes Sauber at 900PP

14DC7905-08BB-45AB-BFB5-9A3A0466280C.png
Hey, just wanted to say your tunes have been super quality to use and using them has helped me out with tuning my own stuff as well so thanks a bunch for making these. I got a problem when it’s coming to tuning the aston one (and a few other fr/rr cars) where i have 0 clue how to fix the oversteer on this car. any advice you can give?

I’m not 100% certain what you mean
I made an 800PP tune based on another person's settings for 700PP. It worked quite well. Strangely, it did not work as a de-tune to 600, which is what led me to your tune.

Last edited:
B80
Yes, it should have a rewind feature in the game... purely for this car anyway, to keep things realistic after all.
When you hit 88MPH, you teleport to the finish line. Suddenly, EVs with instant torque take over the game. 🤣🤣🤣

When you hit 88MPH, you teleport to the finish line. Suddenly, EVs with instant torque take over the game. 🤣🤣🤣
that sounds horrendous mate, hope the 2nd part never happens in game/irl...

The Tommy Tesla.
Funny enough in my 18 months of m3 ownership, teslas (tesla 3 of course) are the most common car that tries to goad me into some kind of race...and other ev's like jag suv type things.

Last edited:
B80
Funny enough in my 18 months of m3 ownership, teslas (tesla 3 of course) are the most common car that tries to goad me into some kind of race...and other ev's like jag suv type things.
Why doesn't that surprise me? 🤣

I made an 800PP tune based on another person's settings for 700PP. It worked quite well. Strangely, it did not work as a de-tune to 600, which is what led me to your tune.

Hi Live25!!
I enjoy the Lambo driving in the wet streets of Tokyo. The setup of the car at 600 pp is very good. I would like to try it at 800 pp, but the setup numbers appear blurry in the article "The Poison wars are here". Can you publish that tune again with the clear numbers??

Thank you very much, Live25!!

Back