PRAIANO'S TUNES : SETTINGS FOR GT7

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 11,947 comments
Praiano means "the people who live and work on the beach" and become my nick name here in GTPlanet since 2009.

Real life , my real garage with no real car at all , where i started building a real pizza wooden oven in 2014 together with my 2 sons , the older who is now a real top pizzaiolo in europe.

Just to show a piece of my real life to all the GTplayers in GTplanet who help me so much to buy my PS5 and TV.

I couldn't play GT without the support of all of you . Thanks a lot for your help.

View attachment 1169879View attachment 1169880
View attachment 1169878
I made an account to say how great this is. I appreciate you and what you do for the community. your builds have helped me enjoy the game so much more. when I name settings sheets, Praiano shows up after only typing “p”. much love

Lexus RC F GT500 '16 - 800PP - Racing Hard tires - Sardinia

For Sardinia 15 laps race , 1 stop no change tires , Very fast car , i did a 1:33 .8xx during race , lap regular 1:35

View attachment 1162689View attachment 1162690

1- set auto speed at the minimum 290kmh
2-set the final gear to 3.000 .
3- set each gear ratio beginning from the last gear to first gear in this order.
Done.

View attachment 1162691View attachment 1162692

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.
Dude, this car is OUTSTANDING to Grind Sardines at Sardegna! This is such an amazing track and racing complex! I didn’t play Sport much, so I didn’t know this track at all. Except from the Menus. Grinding this race in a stout car is so fun! When a dense cloud obscures the sun every once in awhile, it gets pretty dark! This track needs rain too! Imagine The Glen with 800pp 24hr race that would payout 5,000,000 to win!

What would you adjust to be able to use at least the Anti Lag on Strong with the turbo added?

This car is on rails and is very gentle on tires! I’m not at a point where I can maximize not changing tires. I’m not adjusting to a bit of tire wear yet. I ran it twice before the Servers went down last night. I did a 1 and no stopper. I was faster overall with getting new tires. I’m still making mistakes though. Such as looping it while exiting the last Corner Of Death lol. This car does what you want it to do! I just want it to go faster. With a tailwind, I’m getting to around 175 into turn 1. I’m still figuring out the car and learning where I’m slow and trying to improve. My best time here is a 26:5 and 1:39 lap. That was in the GR010 though. I can’t wrap my mind around deep trail braking for the ERS to regenerate while shifting halfway up the rev meter. When I think about what to do, I make more mistakes and lose time. I know to trail brake to the apex. I’m still missing a bunch of those. Getting better though!

🍻

BTW, how do you pronounce your name so it’s easy to remember to spell correctly?

Those mountains are GORGEOUS!!!

Last edited:
McLaren 650S '14 - 700PP - Racing Hard Tires - Nordschleife

Wide car
Rims up to you
Width wide
Offfset Wide
Front A - Wing Custom

6:40 on Nordschleife . Top car there , as fast as Corvette Stingray Convertible (C3) '69 with a better grip and safer. I didn't test it on Le Mans , perhaps like a road car with road car engine , the gas consumption is not so good as road cars with equiped with race car swap engine .....

View attachment 1169910View attachment 1169911

1- set auto speed at the minimum 250kmh
2-set the final gear to 2.334
3- set each gear ratio beginning from the last gear to first gear in this order.

View attachment 1169912View attachment 1169913View attachment 1169914

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.
Probably the worst looking car ever seen so far... A mclaren so high on the ground is like a punch in your eyes! 🤮
Great tune by the way!

Dude, this car is OUTSTANDING to Grind Sardines at Sardegna! This is such an amazing track and racing complex! I didn’t play Sport much, so I didn’t know this track at all. Except from the Menus. Grinding this race in a stout car is so fun! When a dense cloud obscures the sun every once in awhile, it gets pretty dark! This track needs rain too! Imagine The Glen with 800pp 24hr race that would payout 5,000,000 to win!

What would you adjust to be able to use at least the Anti Lag on Strong with the turbo added?

This car is on rails and is very gentle on tires! I’m not at a point where I can maximize not changing tires. I’m not adjusting to a bit of tire wear yet. I ran it twice before the Servers went down last night. I did a 1 and no stopper. I was faster overall with getting new tires. I’m still making mistakes though. Such as looping it while exiting the last Corner Of Death lol. This car does what you want it to do! I just want it to go faster. With a tailwind, I’m getting to around 175 into turn 1. I’m still figuring out the car and learning where I’m slow and trying to improve. My best time here is a 26:5 and 1:39 lap. That was in the GR010 though. I can’t wrap my mind around deep trail braking for the ERS to regenerate while shifting halfway up the rev meter. When I think about what to do, I make more mistakes and lose time. I know to trail brake to the apex. I’m still missing a bunch of those. Getting better though!

🍻

BTW, how do you pronounce your name so it’s easy to remember to spell correctly?

I tried out the Toyota Crown Athlete tonight at Le Mans. Amazing fuel economy with Fuel map at 1, i got four laps before pitting and smoked the whole gang on the first lap. Without any real effort I won with a 2 minute lead on Portilla who was second. My best lap was 04:09
Thank you Praiano for such a remarkable tune on such a remarkable car.

🍻

I never use anti lag and i don't know how to use it. No trail brake with those cars , brake balance is broken. Only with Rally GR B cars and some very few others in the game.
I have a kind of silly question. When you quote a time like this, what mode do you do it in? Time Trial I assume? And Tourist layout? Or normal layout?
Time trial of course , at racing safe but fast pace .
What is the benefit of a Wide body car compared to regular? I be seeing posts saying “no wide” or “wide” … I’m curious
Absolutely nothing , only visual. Sometime you can see that wide body increase some very few performance points. I love the look of 90% of the cars with the wide aspect .

Subaru BRZ S '21 - 700PP - Racing Hard Tires - All Tracks / SWAP

Engine SAWP 2JZ-GTE-Supra (Toyota Supra '98)
Wide car
Rims up to you
Width wide
Offfset Wide
Front A - Side A - Rear B - Wing B

Ok for any track but not very performant , stay behind tops 700PP on Suzuka from about 1 or 2 seconds / laps. At least the car is very drivable , fun to drive and safe.

View attachment 1169744View attachment 1169745

1- set auto speed at the minimum 280kmh
2-set the final gear to 3.435

View attachment 1169746View attachment 1169747View attachment 1169748

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.

Would these settings work on the Toyota GR86 RZ '21? They’re pretty much the same car

If you want to reach those numbers , try to match the speed of each gear.
It seems we will have to come back to the good old Transmission flip: For this gearbox , you can do like this.

Set final gear to the max 5.500 full right
Set top speed auto to minimum 150 kmh full left
Set the final gear a way to reach the top speed at last gear (326kmh)
Set any gear to the speed needed (kmh 122/162/208/259/326)

It's so fun when PD want to fix something new , they mess with others 10 thing that don't need to be fixed. Like green calipers , names on search for adesives..... They are so pathetics :banghead::banghead::confused::lol:
:confused: it does not work

Attachments

• Screenshot (54).png
    Screenshot (54).png
    145 KB · Views: 29
:confused: it does not work
Last update ..........
You have to perform a transmission flip , and try to reach the speed kmh of any gear.

Set final gear to the max full right
Set top speed auto to minimum full left
Set the final gear a way to reach the top speed at last gear
Set any gear to the speed needed

For Sardinia 15 laps race , 1 stop no change tires , Very fast car , i did a 1:33 .8xx during race , lap regular 1:35

Done.

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.

Hiya mate!

Was wondering if you could do a tune for the RCF at Watkins Glen? Using racing transmission & high end turbo with either medium or soft tyres? Really struggling to get a good set up for it, can you help? Thanks in advanced!

Done.

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.
Hiya mate!

Was wondering if you could do a tune for the RCF at Watkins Glen? Using racing transmission & high end turbo with either medium or soft tyres? Really struggling to get a good set up for it, can you help? Thanks in advanced!

Hello praiano.

Made an account to thank you for all the amasing tunes you have made over the years.
I love your tunes because they fit my drivingstyle exactly.

I have used your Roadster '89 engineswap tune on a Roadster '15 engineswap (LT-1 Corvette),
and it was insane on Tokyo 600pp. Have to be careful with the throtel, and shortshift under acceleration and the twisty part. Keep it betweeen 4500-5500rpm for best traction
Max power at 6200rpm when there's grip.
I have modified front downforce and gearbox.
Best lap low 2.04.-high 2.03.

Attachments

• Gran Turismo™ 7_20220707141346.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20220707141346.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 36
  • Gran Turismo™ 7_20220707143618.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20220707143618.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 36
  • Gran Turismo™ 7_20220707143642.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20220707143642.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 35
Praiano means "the people who live and work on the beach" and become my nick name here in GTPlanet since 2009.

Real life , my real garage with no real car at all , where i started building a real pizza wooden oven in 2014 together with my 2 sons , the older who is now a real top pizzaiolo in europe.

Just to show a piece of my real life to all the GTplayers in GTplanet who help me so much to buy my PS5 and TV.

I couldn't play GT without the support of all of you . Thanks a lot for your help.

View attachment 1169879View attachment 1169880
View attachment 1169878
You get to live and work on the beach, making brick-oven pizza?! Hell yeah, that's awesome! I worked as a chef at a coastal seafood restaurant in Oregon long, long ago and it was one of the best times of my life. Good for you man, and the very best of luck in all your ventures!

Hello praiano.

Made an account to thank you for all the amasing tunes you have made over the years.

I have used your Roadster '89 engineswap tune on a Roadster '15 engineswap (LT-1 Corvette),
and it was insane on Tokyo 600pp. Have to be careful with the throtel, and shortshift under acceleration and the twisty part. Keep it betweeen 4500-5500rpm for best traction
678 BHP ?? How could it be ??

Great tuned for 700 at Sarthe. 4:10's are not difficult. Economical!

Wow, that's more like it, very smooth. This will also turn 4:10's. Not quite as good on fuel though.
That is the Toyota MR2 with engine swap. Do you use the Praiano 600pp tune, or do you change it to make use of the 100pp extra room to 700pp?

Hello praiano.

Can you please post the page showing engine mods and weight reduction? Interested to try this build 😁

678 BHP ?? How could it be ??
There seems to be a glitch. I've built mine to 748bhp at 605pp. I can't reduce the pp using the ecu or the power restrictor. If you try to build this car make sure your mods don't take you above 600pp.

Edit, thankfully I have 12 LT1 engines to reset the mods 🤗😂

Last edited:
This is going to be insane. 720bhp, shed loads of torque, weighs less than a ton and under 600pp!!!

Attachments

• IMG_20220707_224435.jpg
    IMG_20220707_224435.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 39
Toyota MR2 GT-S '97 - 600PP - Sport Hard / Medium Tires - Tokyo / All track

Wide body car.
Rims size 15" - Rim Width Wide - Offset Wide
Front A - Side A - Rear B - Wing A
Engine Swap : BYH-R8 (Audi R8 4.2)

For 600PP , i use the same 550PP tune basically with very few modifications. High RPM Turbo , Racing muffler.
This is a pilot car , i never be bored driving this car , specially on Tokyo rain. It lap 2:10 best 2:09 , top speed 304 kmh . If you nail everything , the total time be very good , together with the 600PP field there. It's a challenge and a real pleasure.
You can also use the car with medium tires , top car in this configuration anywhere.
The R8 engine is doing marvels , fantastic to ear in cockpit view , smooth and controlable torque , just perfect.

View attachment 1166132View attachment 1166133

1- set auto speed at the minimum 200kmh
2-set the final gear to 3.186
Done.

View attachment 1166134View attachment 1166135View attachment 1166136View attachment 1166137

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.
In Tokyo, what FM strategy do you use?

This is going to be insane. 720bhp, shed loads of torque, weighs less than a ton and under 600pp!!!
This is insane. When PD try to fix something , they are messing with a tons of others things.
This is the proof that PD don't give a 🤬 for nothing. This game is a garbage. Full a bugs , they care only when people find a way to grind some credits to buy cars or else. I'm very tired by this team of broken arms . Stop scratch the 👃 and fix this moribund urgently game please Polyphony Digital. It's a real shame for you Mr Kaz ! What did they do during all those long years to give us this garbage .
Tired about this.

You get to live and work on the beach, making brick-oven pizza?! Hell yeah, that's awesome! I worked as a chef at a coastal seafood restaurant in Oregon long, long ago and it was one of the best times of my life. Good for you man, and the very best of luck in all your ventures!
Let me guess, Mo's?

That is the Toyota MR2 with engine swap. Do you use the Praiano 600pp tune, or do you change it to make use of the 100pp extra room to 700pp?
I 'up-tune' it. I'd have to look to tell you specifically what I did though. I typically modify ride-height, downforce (sometimes aero parts), and I use ECU vs. the Restrictor more than Praiano. Typically, I have good success, but sometimes I fail miserably.

Done.

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.
On Sardegna, what FM strategy did you use?

This is insane. When PD try to fix something , they are messing with a tons of others things.
This is the proof that PD don't give a 🤬 for nothing. This game is a garbage. Full a bugs , they care only when people find a way to grind some credits to buy cars or else. I'm very tired by this team of broken arms . Stop scratch the 👃 and fix this moribund urgently game please Polyphony Digital. It's a real shame for you Mr Kaz ! What did they do during all those long years to give us this garbage .
Tired about this.
I agree unfortunately. How they can have as many iterations of the series and then delays before releasing version 7, that still after 18 updates still isn't right is beyond me.

Even Gallo has publicly stated his frustration. You would think they would get there act together.

The Mazda is beyond me. Far too much power, far to light and on a wet track. I tried a 600pp lobby on a dry kyoto and suffered the same fate. Put your foot down flat in pretty much any gear, even in a straight line, and the car spins. Respect to Styrkv because the lap time and finishing time are truly impressive. Not sure I can be bothered though to learn the power delivery. There are a lot more fun challenges.

Speaking of which, what's your best time on the Nordscliffe circuit experience in the BMW gr3? I'm just learning the circuit and got all golds for the sectors but are yet to try and put them together. I think it could take me a while!

Last edited:
Back