PRAIANO'S TUNES : SETTINGS FOR GT7

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 11,948 comments
What a great car. You can go for max HP or set it up for better grip and handling. Seems to be the best 700pp car out there
IMO, there are better 700pp cars out there. The Venemo, DP-100, A220, and WXR GrB are all give me considerably faster times. I just tried Le Mans rain with it and my best lap was 4:16. I can do 10 sec + a lap faster in any of the cars I mentioned.

I’m not hating. It handles like a dream, it’s very fuel efficient for a road car, and it does great with tire wear. It’s just not fast enough at 700pp. It needs another gear or two and more power or less weight.

Well, on one race with the Wide Cleveland, I pitted on 5 and there was not a lot of time left so I blasted on FM1 running RMediums thinking they would last through the next two laps. My first lap was just over 4 minutes and I figured I could do better on the last lap still at FM1. Not gonna happen! When I looked at the wear bars for the mediums I just about choked!?! The rears were worn down to 1/2!?!? So I pussyfooted around the last lap trying not to lose the rear end on the corners.

So don't bother using Race Mediums with FM 1 or 2.
Man, my best lap was like 4:13, I’m slow!

I don’t think I ever got to my RM’s when I ran it back, weather was not kind to me. Thanks for the heads up.

IMO, there are better 700pp cars out there. The Venemo, DP-100, A220, and WXR GrB are all give me considerably faster times. I just tried Le Mans rain with it and my best lap was 4:16. I can do 10 sec + a lap faster in any of the cars I mentioned.

I’m not hating. It handles like a dream, it’s very fuel efficient for a road car, and it does great with tire wear. It’s just not fast enough at 700pp. It needs another gear or two and more power or less weight.
If you’re running the GT-R and the others you mention at Le Mans, then sure, it’s not great.

What if you took them all to Big Willow or Tsukuba, or even Spa or Suzuka?

Le Mans has like 20 corners….. on a 4 minute lap. All around race cars are not successful here.

If you’re running the GT-R and the others you mention at Le Mans, then sure, it’s not great.

What if you took them all to Big Willow or Tsukuba, or even Spa or Suzuka?

Le Mans has like 20 corners….. on a 4 minute lap. All around race cars are not successful here.
At least I still won. I thought I was forked because I realized I didn’t have intermediate tires for it after the first pit stop. It rained pretty bad and I had a couple of rough laps, but the AWD saved me. I was able to still win by 30 sec because the top three cars are 2wd. Heyward (iirc) in the GR4 Lambo was the closest and he’s usually not top three. I’m just used to destroying them and winning by 1:30-2:00.

My lap times I mentioned were dry laps.

I love using the DP-100 it’s has max torque at 2000 rpm shift around 5krpms in really bad rain I always lap the field

Hey @Praiano, when you're back in the tuning zone, it would be awesome to see tunes for the Eckerts Mach Forty, Chevy Nova and Mustang grp 3 road car!
Hello. I have to say that i'm not playing so much lately. I can't find pleasure to play with this poor broken game. This is the worst Gran Turismo ever.
I'm waiting to the next update and some 3 news cars only will not change my mind so easily unfortunately. Online roms , some physics , PP , AI , events ..... a lot of things can be better with only some good-will.
The ball is in their court. I love GT , it seems they don't ..... anymore.

Hello. I have to say that i'm not playing so much lately. I can't find pleasure to play with this poor broken game. This is the worst Gran Turismo ever.
I'm waiting to the next update and some 3 news cars only will not change my mind so easily unfortunately. Online roms , some physics , PP , AI , events ..... a lot of things can be better with only some good-will.
So sad to hear, especially since you have made the game so much more enjoyable for many of us. We appreciate your efforts man, and the fact that your tunes have encouraged us to try cars we never would have considered before. I'm just a dude who lingers on here, but I have recreated pretty much every one of your tunes. I have to tell you coming to gtplanet and seeing what you've added then going into the game and testing it out has been an absolute blast for me.

Let's hope the updates keep coming and they are substantial enough to keep it fresh for all of us.

Last edited:
So sad to hear, especially since you have made the game so much more enjoyable for many of us. We appreciate your efforts man, and the fact that your tunes have encouraged us to try cars we never would have considered before. I'm just a dude who lingers on here, but I have recreated pretty much every one of your tunes. I have to tell you coming to gtplanet and seeing what you've added then going into the game and testing it out has been an absolute blast for me.

Let's hope the updates keep coming and they are substantial enough to keep it fresh for all of us.
I agree with symbiotix. Thanks.

Last edited:

Wow. Sorry to hear this mate. I guess we all see it differently. I find that with a garage filled with amazing cars - most tuned by you - and 40ish cool tracks, there's endless hours of fun. Even just one great car with 5 tracks would be fun, given the driving physics. But I am not a driving or driving game conneisseur and its just my opinion.

Hope you find the love again soon! And I hope you're enjoying the good life outside GT!

If anyone can send me a link to a summary about what is so broken with the game, I'd be interested to see. For me, its pure joy every time I find an hour to have a bash. I honestly don't have much negative to say about it aside from a few niggles like having to re=choose garage sorting options every time I change to a new car and then want to go back to the garage car selection screen.
Anyway. First world problems!

Same here, I absolutely love this game (sure it has its issues). I find myself mostly tracking my time on dedicated tracks for certain PP range on cars tuned by the "Boss". I also make custom races with the top 20 for that PP range.

Grab a car that Praiano has tuned, TT, make minor personal adjustments, custom livery...rinse and repeat. I've done this like 300 times!! Thanks again...and my wife thanks you too since now she has more "me-time" also 🤣

Wow. Sorry to hear this mate. I guess we all see it differently. I find that with a garage filled with amazing cars - most tuned by you - and 40ish cool tracks, there's endless hours of fun. Even just one great car with 5 tracks would be fun, given the driving physics. But I am not a driving or driving game conneisseur and its just my opinion.

Hope you find the love again soon! And I hope you're enjoying the good life outside GT!

If anyone can send me a link to a summary about what is so broken with the game, I'd be interested to see. For me, its pure joy every time I find an hour to have a bash. I honestly don't have much negative to say about it aside from a few niggles like having to re=choose garage sorting options every time I change to a new car and then want to go back to the garage car selection screen.
Anyway. First world problems!
I understand , but like i've said before , "The ball is in their court".
The fact that my garage exist with more than 2.500.000 views is a proof that PD didn't do his job with the settings. More than a 1/2 of the originals settings are crap and people don't even have pleasure driving them. Most of the cars are condamned to take virtual dust into the player's garage.
PD have to step down on earth from his pedestal and showing some work. I understand that some things like AI need time and money to be implemented , but a lot of others already could be done.

I love using the DP-100 it’s has max torque at 2000 rpm shift around 5krpms in really bad rain I always lap the field
It actually seems to accelerate faster in 7th gear than 6th. The Veneno is the same way, but not to the same extent. Just make sure you use the power restrictor vs ECU or you lose a lot of acceleration and top speed.

The fact that my garage exist with more than 2.500.000 views is a proof that PD didn't do his job with the settings. More than a 1/2 of the originals settings are crap and people don't even have pleasure driving them. Most of the cars are condamned to take virtual dust into the player's garage.
PD have to step down on earth from his pedestal and showing some work. I understand that some things like AI need time and money to be implemented , but a lot of others already could be done.
This is totally true! My previous post is a total testament to your contribution. If you had not done the tunning that you have, those broken (now fixed by you) cars would remain broken thus rendering half the available cars totally useless...then, this game would borderline suck!

You, or someone like you, should definitely have an important role in the GT franchise. It's an obvious position PD has overlooked.

Completely understand, we play games to have fun and escape reality for a bit, If you're not enjoying your time no point in playing anymore. Let's just hope PD can get their heads out of their asses and fix GT7, then maybe after a little break we can all meet on the tracks again, till then.... :cheers:

Alpine A110 Group 4 '72- 500 PP - Sport hard front & sport medium Tires at rear - All around
Maybe this will inspire you to stick around.

FB1982CC-9D6B-4158-BC4B-9B207B99F375.jpeg

I agree that PD should get you on board to tune the cars to what they should but I don't quite understand the logic of your statements. You always say that you enjoy the challenge of making a broken car into a great one by giving it a proper tune. And you do it every time. Of all the people in the world, you are probably the one man who should not be affected by how crap the default tunes are in the game, because you have the personal ability to fix them and make them into good cars.

What else about the game is so bad?

I agree with you and it's discouraging. There are so many fundamentally broken things and design decisions that haven't been fixed or addressed that continually makes me question to stop playing. I enjoy some of the daily races but more often than not, when I want to take a break from it and do single player things, that at times becomes more frustrating that getting punted online.

That being said, I appreciate your tunes, I use them and they've made a all the cars I've used fun.

What else about the game is so bad?
Online roms , some physics , PP , AI , events ..... a lot of things can be better with only some good-will.
The fact i love to produce settings for cars is not applicable for broken cars . I like to adapt a car for a given track , power , tires , sprint race , endurance , fun factor................ or else.
A broken car couldn't exist in a decent game. Like i say always , i can't imagine how they can spend let's say , 1000 hours modeling a wonderfull car and spoil the build with a bad setting without even testing the car before publishing for the most of the cases.
My self and for sure a lot of tuners are able to build a decent car in a 1 hour +- . I'm 100% sure that PD have some excelent tuners available , like the one that build the Mercedes AMG GT Black Series 2020 and some few others. This is the proof that PD don't care at all , in my opinion. A real shame.

It actually seems to accelerate faster in 7th gear than 6th. The Veneno is the same way, but not to the same extent. Just make sure you use the power restrictor vs ECU or you lose a lot of acceleration and top speed.
Well if I use the ecu I have 640 hp if I use the restrictor I have 583 hp I will try now to see how it does.and yes the car is fastest if you don’t go past 5500 rpm the boost gage drops a lot

Last edited:
Anyone have a good tune for the rx8 for the daily?
Yep.
Slap on a wide body, or don’t, put on body trims, or don’t, slap on a massive wing, or don’t, bolt on some wide sized up wheels, or don’t, and hit the track with the BoP on and tuning restricted.

Good luck.

Well if I use the ecu I have 640 hp if I use the restrictor I have 583 hp I will try now to see how it does.and yes the car is fastest if you don’t go past 5500 rpm the boost gage drops a lot
Are we talking about the Veneno? I’m watching the Braves play right now so I can’t double check, but when I reduce power with the ecu I still have 6xx hp. You lose a lot of torque restricting through the ecu vs the limiter. Every car is different and every track is different, but on the veneno on Le Mans the Veneno is notably faster the way I have it.

I tried it
Are we talking about the Veneno? I’m watching the Braves play right now so I can’t double check, but when I reduce power with the ecu I still have 6xx hp. You lose a lot of torque restricting through the ecu vs the limiter. Every car is different and every track is different, but on the veneno on Le Mans the Veneno is notably faster the way I have it.
no I was talking about the DP-100

BMW M4 '14 - 700PP - Sport Soft tires & Racing tires - Nurburgring Nordschleife
This car is a just mid performance 600PP , at 700PP the car fly and softly . Very safe and soft springs to allow the relief on the green hell. Just take care to manage the torque out of a slow curve . It's 100% more safe than original , but you can't put everything florring the pedal as a 4WD do.
Same time as the best 700PP.
Can be used with SPort soft tires too , But you'll not reach the 700PP. There is still room for Bore Up , Engine Balance......everything you want , but you'll not reaach 700 i think. .
Wide Body

Rims 19" Rim Width Wide Offset Wide

Front A Side A Rear B Wing A

1- set auto speed at the minimum 200kmh
2-set the final gear to approximate the top speed you need in last gear for given track 2,145 for .
3- set each gear ratio beginning from the last gear to first gear in this order.
Done.

View attachment 1137278View attachment 1137280

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
I was looking to make a nice Nurburgring car to enjoy laps in that didn't have many modifications. I bought a new M4, installed sport exhaust, ss tires, brakes, full suspension and LSD. Type A front/rear body + small wing. Then used this tune (with some tweaks to spring rate and ride height) and it is AMAZING. Obsorbs the bumps very well, good damping. Diff settings almost eliminated the snap oversteer. Good stuff.

20970502006431487.jpg

The fact i love to produce settings for cars is not applicable for broken cars . I like to adapt a car for a given track , power , tires , sprint race , endurance , fun factor................ or else.
A broken car couldn't exist in a decent game. Like i say always , i can't imagine how they can spend let's say , 1000 hours modeling a wonderfull car and spoil the build with a bad setting without even testing the car before publishing for the most of the cases.
My self and for sure a lot of tuners are able to build a decent car in a 1 hour +- . I'm 100% sure that PD have some excelent tuners available , like the one that build the Mercedes AMG GT Black Series 2020 and some few others. This is the proof that PD don't care at all , in my opinion. A real shame.
That's why I say you should go to work there!!

Back