PRAIANO'S TUNES : SETTINGS FOR GT7

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 11,949 comments
IMO, there are better 700pp cars out there. The Venemo, DP-100, A220, and WXR GrB are all give me considerably faster times. I just tried Le Mans rain with it and my best lap was 4:16. I can do 10 sec + a lap faster in any of the cars I mentioned.

I’m not hating. It handles like a dream, it’s very fuel efficient for a road car, and it does great with tire wear. It’s just not fast enough at 700pp. It needs another gear or two and more power or less weight.
I was running the WTC 700 championship. The 3 races, Trial Mt., Barcelona and Nurburing.

What is the DP-100 and the Venemo? Who makes them...

BMW 3.0 CSL '73 - 700PP - Racing Hard Tires - All Track - SWAP ENGINE

SWAP ENGINE P65B44-Z4 (BMW Z4 GT3)
Wide car
Rims size up to you
Width wide
Offset wide

Wing custom

Excelent 700PP car , 2:03 on Suzuka. Stable , fast , the only problem is out slow and medium turn out. The power come all together in higher RPM and you can be surprised with the rear end. To avoid this i try to shift early in this conditions , but people who drive Auto transmission will need to use TC1 .

View attachment 1181506View attachment 1181507
Build your own gearbox for any track.
View attachment 1181508View attachment 1181509

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.
That car is absolutely incredible at Le Mans rain. Very fast and efficient on tires and fuel. The handling is amazing, even in the rain. It just did a whole race on RH tires and they weren’t even that worn. I could have probably done it on one fuel stop too if I tried to conserve fuel. It’s as fast as my Veneno, which is saying a lot, and that’s not even really fair.

@praiano63. That’s a true masterpiece. I understand your sentiment and I’m truly grateful for all you’ve done. I hope they address the issues you’ve mentioned and you return soon. I wish you weren’t thousands of miles away. I’d love to try one of your pizzas and check out your town on the beach. It sounds amazing.

Last edited:
I can imagine your frustration, especially after having to go back and re-do previous tunes because POLYPHUNKY screwed the PP rating system how many times now?

Every update is a total mystery for the most part, the only reason we have an idea of whats coming is based on previous additions from past updates. ( we know we will get 3 cars, a useless scape, minor bug fixes.

Online play has been unbearable since release, and still the same 2-3 grind races for coinage from the 2nd or 3rd update.

The best thing that happened, was 1.17, and the best part of that was their error! The engine/roulette bonanza, which had activity on gtplanet and the game at a record high.

Those of us who used script etc. to maximize on rare items, (s parts etc) discovered that alot of the sought after items are unobtainable-

Ex.unreleased Porsche motor, and any S parts for pre 00' vehicles, (ultra turbo for supra, or r34) any of the vehicles not at brand central.

Bad part, alot of people missed out, and now online lobbies are mostly untuned swapped' cars trying to take off and out run you as you make the tokyo hairpin...

Anyways- thank you for all that you've done-

Not only gt7, but all the way back to 2011 when I first joined based off a friends suggestion.

Like others have stated, you have brought alot of useless cars new life. You balance vehicles, and find the "sweet spot" and dont necessarily throw every mod available at it.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

ENJOY YOUR VACATION!!!

Hello. I have to say that i'm not playing so much lately. I can't find pleasure to play with this poor broken game. This is the worst Gran Turismo ever.
I'm waiting to the next update and some 3 news cars only will not change my mind so easily unfortunately. Online roms , some physics , PP , AI , events ..... a lot of things can be better with only some good-will.
The ball is in their court. I love GT , it seems they don't ..... anymore.
Maestro,
I hear ya. But still, I remember one of the GT's where the camber did not work, and never did for the duration of the game. This version is kind of the same, only differently flawed. But count your blessings, at least camber works the way it is supposed to. I think the ride height flaw is so blatant, that they will notice it and rectify.

I've been running a Pantera with the tweaked Cleveland 351, and with a wide body kit. I kind of like it better than the Coyote swapped version, and it can run very similar times. I tuned the chassis according to the Coyote version and the running gear according to the stock Praiano version tweaked for the WTC 700.
So far, the only way I can make this work is to add weight midships, around 50 kg or so, otherwise it goes squirrely. Oh, wait, you may not have squirrels there, anyway it gets kind of loose, without the extra weight.
If you have one kicking around, maybe you could look at it and tune it without the ballast. I suspect that the spring weight might be the solution, but I'm unsure of the changes.
Thanks, Pete

Aston Martin and Lamborghini. It’s actually Veneno. My bad.
Yeah, you are right. I think Veneno means "wind" in Italian, very close to the Spanish word for wind in Mexico.

I'd like to know how to access these "Daily Races" people talk about?

I wonder how much suspension geometry changes will affect your tunes now after the new update.

I get anxious every update, worrying they're gonna mess up the handling again.

Probably you can do this another thing is tyre damage you make run witch my 787b for money and I need to do 3 pit stop to change tyres so sad this update 😡

Huge performance changes in 1.20: 

- Adjusted the suspension geometry; (supposedly this has fixed MR cars, this could be huge, lots of youtubers testing atm)
 - Adjusted the simulation for tyre heat generation and wear ratio. This adjustment makes it easier to see the remaining tread; (Have heard tyres are wearing faster now)
 - Altered the simulation of the differential gear (with a Fully Customisable LSD). As a result, it's now more effective when decelerating and provides a much smoother driving performance;
 - Adjusted the Performance Points (PP) of some cars; (yay now many tunes are off, Thanks PD! /s . Also Alpine Tokyo 600 PP glitch (now 740pp) and BAC Mono Tokyo tune (now 614pp) have been adjusted and/or no longer work)
 - Changed the conditions for mechanical damage occurring from a collision or contact if 'Mechanical Damage' is set to ‘Light’ or Heavy’ in the race settings.

New engine swaps:
  • R26B-787B to RX-8 Spirit R '12
  • Camaro-LT1 (ZL1 1LE) to Tuscan Speed 6
  • VK45DE-GT-R (GT-R GT500 '08) to 370Z
  • R5-20vT-Quattro-Pikes to VW Golf Mk1
  • Hellcat-Charger to Superbird '70

Alpine still works!
All I did to it was max out the downforce and install the Racing Crank Shaft. Now it's at 593 PP and even faster than before!
- Credit goes to: @Hyperspeed980
1.png

2.png

Screenshot 2022-08-25 081957.png

Last edited:
Grab a car that Praiano has tuned, TT, make minor personal adjustments, custom livery...rinse and repeat. I've done this like 300 times!! Thanks again...and my wife thanks you too since now she has more "me-time" also 🤣
time to do this 👆 300 more times 😭....nope, not gonna do it 😒

Last edited:
They definitely adjusted the the tire wear. It didn’t make it any harder to win at Le Mans because the AE was also effected, but it was a noticeable difference.
Definitely. It was possible to do all 7/8 laps of Le Mans on a set of racing hards and then some, hell I did almost 30 laps of Spa on a set of hards in a lucky 24hr race where it never rained too hard. Now 3 laps of la Sarthe (in a 24hr scenario) and my hards have 10% tread left.

Last edited:
wind in italian is 'vento'

Veneno is the name of a famous bull like all Lamborghini car model name (bull name or bull breed)
I would say almost of all them. The oldest models had numerical designations like the 350 and 400, and there were the mighty LM002 and obscure Silhouette.
The Countach name I heard that means WTF in an Italian dialect.
Others had names related with the bull fighting world, but no the name of a bull/bull breed:
  • Espada: 'sword' in Spanish.
  • Estoque: a kind of sword used in bull fighting.
I don't know where the names Jalpa and Marzal came from. Marzal means "March" in ancient Galician.
The Jarama name is related with the bull breed from this area (near Madrid) not with the river itself or the racing circuit.
Names like Islero, Gallardo, Diablo, Murciélago and Aventador came from bulls that killed famous bull fighters or whose life was saved after a "corrida" by bull fighters for their bravery and nobleness.

Note: "corrida" is used in Spanish as slang term with sexual connotations, be careful!

Last edited:
What is your aero/wheels/wide body on this build?
No wide body

rims Offset wide

Front A
Wing custom

I'm going to check everything about new physics update later. I'm with flu , so later tonight.
Perhaps i'll have to do a new brand garage 100% again.
MR GR3 cars are drivable now it seems, I just hope they did this only for MR , without adding understeer on FR cars ...
If the news physics are really better , it's a very good news. Let's see.

No wide body

rims Offset wide

Front A
Wing custom

I'm going to check everything about new physics update later. I'm with flu , so later tonight.
Perhaps i'll have to do a new brand garage 100% again.
MR GR3 cars are drivable now it seems, I just hope they did this only for MR , without adding understeer on FR cars ...
If the news physics are really better , it's a very good news. Let's see.
Get well soon!

I would say almost of all them. The oldest models had numerical designations like the 350 and 400, and there were the mighty LM002 and obscure Silhouette.
The Countach name I heard that means WTF in an Italian dialect.
Others had names related with the bull fighting world, but no the name of a bull/bull breed:
  • Espada: 'sword' in Spanish.
  • Estoque: a kind of sword used in bull fighting.
I don't know where the names Jalpa and Marzal came from. Marzal means "March" in ancient Galician.
The Jarama name is related with the bull breed from this area (near Madrid) not with the river itself or the racing circuit.
Names like Islero, Gallardo, Diablo, Murciélago and Aventador came from bulls that killed famous bull fighters or whose life was saved after a "corrida" by bull fighters for their bravery and nobleness.

Note: "corrida" is used in Spanish as slang term with sexual connotations, be careful!
Miura: breed of bulls

Aventador: real bull name

Diablo: real bull name

Espada: sword used to kill bulls

Gallardo: bread of bulls

Huracan: real bull name

Islero: real bull name (Miura breed)

Jalpa: breed of bulls

Jarama: breed of bulls

Murcielago: real bull name

Reventon: real bull name

Urus: Uru is the bull progenitor

Veneno: real bull name

Countach: yes, this is something like WTF or WOW in dialect from Piemonte (North Italian Country)

Just a half an hour test with
Bac MONO on mission trial mountain race :
Ferrari FXX on Suzuka , againt pre 1.20 ghost
Aston Martin Vantage GR4

Bac mono is really easier to drive , rear end is very stable: under braking , off throttle and light acceleration . Under strong acceleration out a corner , the car the same of before. A bit nasty , but it's easily controlable.
Tire wear for this light MR car is equal from and rear, before , the rear tires was wasted 2 time faster than front.

Ferrari FXX is still showing the same behaviors , matching the same performance with the older ghost , that was just dancing a bit more in front of me , showing the fact they have boosted LSD turning the car more tighted , excelent sensation.

The aston GR4 is showing definitively that the LSD change just do a better job , out of this , the overall balance stay the same.

So after this very quick test , perhaps i'll have to redo a very small proportion of cars in my garage , mostly some extreme settings i have ,now they are drivable with normal settings . But i think of 90% are still ok.

I'll have a better position tomorrow after an "in deep" test.

It seems a very positive update for physics for the moment.

Countach: yes, this is something like WTF or WOW in dialect from Piemonte (North Italian Country)
Thanks for sharing!

Mercedes AMG SLS '10 - 700PP - Racing Hard Tires - All tracks
Wow, really nice! I can’t recall the last FR I drove that had the back-end that planted, it just doesn’t step out, at all. Its a pity they don’t all drive like that, I woud like them a lot more.

Great write up! The only thing that is not correct is the Miura. It was actually named after Don Eduardo Miura who raised Cabrera(breed) bulls. Ferruccio Lamborghini would find inspiration in Miura's Ranch. Murciélago and Islero were both Miura bulls.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back