PRAIANO'S TUNES : SETTINGS FOR GT7

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 11,929 comments
You aren’t asking me, but that car is broken like the Yaris and rally cars as far as braking is concerned. I was hoping he could work some sorcery.
Yeah, I did not realize how strange this car is. 200kg in the front and weight balance is 37:63! Crazy.

Yeah, I did not realize how strange this car is. 200kg in the front and weight balance is 37:63! Crazy.
I drove it for months with no ballast and it was even worse. You can’t forget to brake, but if brake on time and you ease into them it’s fine. If you don’t, hold on tight. Lol

Last edited:
BMW M3 SPORT EVO '89 - 600PP - Sport Medium Tires - All Track / Gears for Nordschleife.
Such an easy, consistent car. She practically drives herself. Great economy, love this tune.

9A961BBA-4B25-4EB1-AAC1-69E16113CDA1.jpeg

I drove it for months with no ballast and it was even worse. You can’t forget to brake, but if brake on time and you ease into them it’s fine. If you don’t, hold on tight. Lol
I remember driving it stock with RH tires and I thought it drove pretty well. I'll try it again because I don't think I have made changes yet.

Porsche Cayman GT4 '16 - 700PP - Racing Hard Tires - Nordschleife / Le Mans

Wide car
Rims size up to you
Width wide

Front A - Side A - Rear A - Wing custom

This car is 6:35 on Nordschleife in my hands , on Le Mans 3 laps FM 4 pushing and 4 laps FM 5 . My only try was with dry weather. Must be excelent on wet conditions , the car is perfectly stable anyway.
Not so good at 600PP , 700PP is his best range for sure.

View attachment 1187546View attachment 1187547View attachment 1187548View attachment 1187549View attachment 1187550View attachment 1187551

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.
Porsche Cayman GT4 '16 - 700PP - Racing Hard Tires - Nordschleife / Le Mans

Wide car
Rims size up to you
Width wide

Front A - Side A - Rear A - Wing custom

This car is 6:35 on Nordschleife in my hands , on Le Mans 3 laps FM 4 pushing and 4 laps FM 5 . My only try was with dry weather. Must be excelent on wet conditions , the car is perfectly stable anyway.
Not so good at 600PP , 700PP is his best range for sure.

View attachment 1187546View attachment 1187547View attachment 1187548View attachment 1187549View attachment 1187550View attachment 1187551

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.
Great tune but with a full tank I only get 2 laps at FM 6. Even in the pits when I fill the tank it says 2.9 laps is how far I will get. Not sure what’s happening?

Ahhh. Got it. Unfortunately I’m all thumbs so auto transmission is what I have to use. ☹️
Start off on easy tracks and races and learn to drive in manual mode. Trust me, it’s worth it. It opens up lots of great cars you can use and it makes your existing good cars even better. Before long, it’s second nature. Last week I was trying to win a hard rally race on a super tight, technical track and I tried automatic mode and I kept trying to manually shift it. It doesn’t take that long before it’s second nature.

Last edited:
Lamborghini Veneno '14 - 700PP - Racing Hard Tires - Nordschleife

The new number 1 on Nordschleife at 700PP . My Porsche Cayman GT4 stay behind from 2 seconds with a 6:33.
The car is extremelly fast , good grip overall , easy to drive almost any situation , just only point to take care.
Don't , never do late braking. Only in straight line. If you brake strongly when you begin a curve , you can lose the rear end easily.The fact that the car is 4WD allow to save the bad situation but you'll lose time to recover the induced drift. So , brake early , slow in fast out is the key more than ever.

View attachment 1191045View attachment 1191046View attachment 1191047View attachment 1191048

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.
Great drive. FYi in case it helps anyone, I had already installed weight reduction stage 4 on mine, so I had to lose some PP somewhere else. I did everything same as Praiano, but didn't install polished ports and racing crackshaft. So I guess my car is a bit lighter. Not sure whether this helps or hinders the described braking issue but its a fun drive nonetheless. Thanks Praiano!

Great drive. FYi in case it helps anyone, I had already installed weight reduction stage 4 on mine, so I had to lose some PP somewhere else. I did everything same as Praiano, but didn't install polished ports and racing crackshaft. So I guess my car is a bit lighter. Not sure whether this helps or hinders the described braking issue but its a fun drive nonetheless. Thanks Praiano!
Nice. You're doing the right thing. No need the full engine tuning on it , this is just because i've tested the maxed car first . ;)

Doesn’t help. I’d also already done stage 4 weight reduction. I have thousands of miles on mine, so I’m used to the braking.

The Veneno will go up to 800 with nothing more than bolt-ons and WR1-4. I think I have a spare, I might try and see how far I can push her with less WR.

The Veneno will go up to 800 with nothing more than bolt-ons and WR1-4. I think I have a spare, I might try and see how far I can push her with less WR.
The problem is economy. I can’t get it to do one stop at Sardegna. It’s also not as fast around the track as the Sauber Mercedes, Porsche 962 etc.

Hey @praiano63, love your tunes and everything you do for everyone here really so i wanted to make a small suggestion on a future tune that i think will be very useful for me and many other people, since many people are trying to race in ovals with the gr4 silvia recently, why dont make a gr4 silvia nascar tune with the low lip spoiler (nascar style), high rpm turbo and fully custom transmition?
Just a suggestion, only if you have the time, thanks for all again and keep it up!

Alfa 155 2.5 V6 TI '93 - 630PP - Racing Hard Tires - All around.
Don't way for a transcendant setting. The original is already close to perfect. I've try during 2 days to let more grippy and faster . But , i just reach only one of my goal. At least the grip stay and the car is faster now.
I use the original very good gearbox .

View attachment 1149641View attachment 1149642

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.
View attachment 1149643View attachment 1149644
Is this a GR4 car and where do you buy it at? Sounds interesting...:)

Hey @praiano63, love your tunes and everything you do for everyone here really so i wanted to make a small suggestion on a future tune that i think will be very useful for me and many other people, since many people are trying to race in ovals with the gr4 silvia recently, why dont make a gr4 silvia nascar tune with the low lip spoiler (nascar style), high rpm turbo and fully custom transmition?
Just a suggestion, only if you have the time, thanks for all again and keep it up!
This would a max speed tune for oval..... considering draft conditions. No corners , no suspension settings needed . I'm not good at all for this.
Max power , mini downforce , ride height that favor speed ( i've never test it), gearbox for max speed / max power under draft.

The problem is economy. I can’t get it to do one stop at Sardegna. It’s also not as fast around the track as the Sauber Mercedes, Porsche 962 etc.
Its been awhile, but I thik it was a 2-stop there for me. Can either of those also be tuned down to 600 for Tokyo though? That was always the allure of the Veneno to me. The same road car, with WR and with or without bolt-ons can do the Grand Slam. I’m sure there are others, but I dislike Tokyo so much I don’t care to find out, lol.

Its been awhile, but I thik it was a 2-stop there for me. Can either of those also be tuned down to 600 for Tokyo though? That was always the allure of the Veneno to me. The same road car, with WR and with or without bolt-ons can do the Grand Slam. I’m sure there are others, but I dislike Tokyo so much I don’t care to find out, lol.
No. Can’t even get them to 700. It might be technically possible to get to 700, but they’d be garbage.

I do one stop. After the the 8th lap. The tires are getting sketch, but it’s fine. I finish so far ahead, I could get away with two stops, but I like decimating them. Hah

Ford GT LM Spec II Test car - 730PP - Racing Hard tires - All around
Good car , good top speed and grip. I've tried all the ways to take out a strange bad behavior. The car tend to spin out of the hairpin or very slow speed turn. It's almost fixed now but need some care during those turns.

View attachment 1137426View attachment 1137427
1- set auto speed at the minimum 200kmh
2-set the final gear to approximate the top speed you need in last gear for given track 2,145 for .
3- set each gear ratio beginning from the last gear to first gear in this order.
Done.
View attachment 1137428View attachment 1137429

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
This car is fast. Ran it in the GT Series w/5 races. Deep Forrest ran my personal best. Spa never could get a clean last turn to work right!

Crazy thing , I made a mistake and had wrong Ford GT LM car(Also a GR3 car. This tune worked perfectly on that car however a little bit slower but still a beast!!

Thanks for all the tunes and test driving all these cars!!

Hi Praiano&Friends!

I am currently working on road cars to win the Sardgna 800 on hard difficulty. Many of these burn a lot of fuel and through a lot of rubber. For example the Ferrari Enzo is great to drive and an easy win with your suspension and differential tune on RM tires. But the FXX oder the La Ferrari just use to much fuel and RMs are no option because they get shredded too fast.

Now - are there some tricks to get more laps out of that fuel tank and the tires to last a little longer? I normaly go for tunes that just stay under the 800pp restriction. I go for weight reduction because it shoult be gook for tires and fuel but beyond that i don't really have a clue regarding tuning. Which of the parts you can buy at the tuning shop and affect motor perfomance are maybe more efficient than others on fuel? And should i go for reducing motor performace with the ECU or the Power restictor?

Oh, i'm driving with AT. So i can't save a lot of fuel. Just coasting a bit.

Thanks!

Lamborghini Veneno '14 - 700PP - Racing Hard Tires - Nordschleife

The new number 1 on Nordschleife at 700PP . My Porsche Cayman GT4 stay behind from 2 seconds with a 6:33.
The car is extremelly fast , good grip overall , easy to drive almost any situation , just only point to take care.
Don't , never do late braking. Only in straight line. If you brake strongly when you begin a curve , you can lose the rear end easily.The fact that the car is 4WD allow to save the bad situation but you'll lose time to recover the induced drift. So , brake early , slow in fast out is the key more than ever.

View attachment 1191045View attachment 1191046View attachment 1191047View attachment 1191048

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.
Hi!

Thank you for doing this tune!

When I tried it on LeMans, my conclusion is that the car (not the tune), is not suitable for LeMans money grinding race. It consumes too much fuel, and I did not get 3 laps on a tank in dry conditions.

Also in wet, personally I have difficult to handle the tailhappiness. That one only shall break early and in a straight line, for me makes it less fun to drive.

Again, thx Pra for doing the tune. Much appreciated!

Hi Praiano&Friends!

I am currently working on road cars to win the Sardgna 800 on hard difficulty. Many of these burn a lot of fuel and through a lot of rubber. For example the Ferrari Enzo is great to drive and an easy win with your suspension and differential tune on RM tires. But the FXX oder the La Ferrari just use to much fuel and RMs are no option because they get shredded too fast.

Now - are there some tricks to get more laps out of that fuel tank and the tires to last a little longer? I normaly go for tunes that just stay under the 800pp restriction. I go for weight reduction because it shoult be gook for tires and fuel but beyond that i don't really have a clue regarding tuning. Which of the parts you can buy at the tuning shop and affect motor perfomance are maybe more efficient than others on fuel? And should i go for reducing motor performace with the ECU or the Power restictor?

Oh, i'm driving with AT. So i can't save a lot of fuel. Just coasting a bit.

Thanks!
Hello.
The last "road tuned car " i've tested on Sardenia is Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02 - 800PP - Racing Hard tires - Sardinia / All tracks SWAP 787
It was before last tire wear update. \i don't know how it is now.
The only tuning option to reduce gas consumption for a given power , is low or medium RPM turbo use.
Also , short shifting and fuel map are very usefull. You have to use manual transmission too , auto trans waste a lot of gas too.
After some few days , you can learn to use manual trans. Not only for gas , you'll discover better way to play.

Hi!

Thank you for doing this tune!

When I tried it on LeMans, my conclusion is that the car (not the tune), is not suitable for LeMans money grinding race. It consumes too much fuel, and I did not get 3 laps on a tank in dry conditions.

Also in wet, personally I have difficult to handle the tailhappiness. That one only shall break early and in a straight line, for me makes it less fun to drive.

Again, thx Pra for doing the tune. Much appreciated!
Are you using auto trans ? It's possible to race the Le Mans event using short shifting. It's also perfect to avoid wheel spin out low speed turns.
I dream about money maker on a track like Nordschleife. Very tired on the 3 available tracks actually. The only one where i still have fun is tokyo +-.
The veneno is really fantastic on Nordschleife.

Back