PRAIANO'S TUNES : SETTINGS FOR GT7

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 11,899 comments
Hi!

Thank you for doing this tune!

When I tried it on LeMans, my conclusion is that the car (not the tune), is not suitable for LeMans money grinding race. It consumes too much fuel, and I did not get 3 laps on a tank in dry conditions.

Also in wet, personally I have difficult to handle the tailhappiness. That one only shall break early and in a straight line, for me makes it less fun to drive.

Again, thx Pra for doing the tune. Much appreciated!

same sentiments.it just feels like a slog in lemans no offense to our great saviour praiano. i know his tune is great and such,it just missing something to make the drive enjoyable, maybe because it has too much leash on 700pp since in 800pp the veneno is a monster!

Thanks! Will try the Turbos. Won in a Lamprghini Veneo today and got 5th place in a fully tuned BAC Mono 20 sec behind 1st. A good driver could do it and i used the default tune as far as i remember.

I wont go to shifting manually as long as i stay on controller. Not much time to invest and space to use as i'll be a father in about a month. I could have time and space for a wheel when GT9 or 10 arrives. ;-)

Last edited:
Hello.
The last "road tuned car " i've tested on Sardenia is Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02 - 800PP - Racing Hard tires - Sardinia / All tracks SWAP 787
It was before last tire wear update. \i don't know how it is now.
The only tuning option to reduce gas consumption for a given power , is low or medium RPM turbo use.
Also , short shifting and fuel map are very usefull. You have to use manual transmission too , auto trans waste a lot of gas too.
After some few days , you can learn to use manual trans. Not only for gas , you'll discover better way to play.
Hi,

I have had a longer break.

"Tire wear update": What change is done?

Are you using auto trans ? It's possible to race the Le Mans event using short shifting. It's also perfect to avoid wheel spin out low speed turns.
I dream about money maker on a track like Nordschleife. Very tired on the 3 available tracks actually. The only one where i still have fun is tokyo +-.
The veneno is really fantastic on Nordschleife.
Hi,

Here I did actually drive Auto Trans.

Just before a longer break I started to do my first runs with Man Trans. I will try tha that!

Hi!

Thank you for doing this tune!

When I tried it on LeMans, my conclusion is that the car (not the tune), is not suitable for LeMans money grinding race. It consumes too much fuel, and I did not get 3 laps on a tank in dry conditions.

Also in wet, personally I have difficult to handle the tailhappiness. That one only shall break early and in a straight line, for me makes it less fun to drive.

Again, thx Pra for doing the tune. Much appreciated!
I have farmed tens of millions of credits with it in the last several months at Le Mans. FM 6 and short shifting. If you try to use automatic, you’re forked.

Hi Praiano&Friends!

I am currently working on road cars to win the Sardgna 800 on hard difficulty. Many of these burn a lot of fuel and through a lot of rubber. For example the Ferrari Enzo is great to drive and an easy win with your suspension and differential tune on RM tires. But the FXX oder the La Ferrari just use to much fuel and RMs are no option because they get shredded too fast.

Now - are there some tricks to get more laps out of that fuel tank and the tires to last a little longer? I normaly go for tunes that just stay under the 800pp restriction. I go for weight reduction because it shoult be gook for tires and fuel but beyond that i don't really have a clue regarding tuning. Which of the parts you can buy at the tuning shop and affect motor perfomance are maybe more efficient than others on fuel? And should i go for reducing motor performace with the ECU or the Power restictor?

Oh, i'm driving with AT. So i can't save a lot of fuel. Just coasting a bit.

Thanks!
I think you can get away with using automatic and FM6 there with the Sauber Mercedes and the Porsche 962. They’re both fast and great handling at 800pp and RH tires.

same sentiments.it just feels like a slog in lemans no offense to our great saviour praiano. i know his tune is great and such,it just missing something to make the drive enjoyable, maybe because it has too much leash on 700pp since in 800pp the veneno is a monster!
Use his 700pp tune but raise the ride height to 145F/150R and then raise the power as much as you can to stay under 700pp. It still handles about the same, but it gives you more power and is way faster.

Start off on easy tracks and races and learn to drive in manual mode. Trust me, it’s worth it. It opens up lots of great cars you can use and it makes your existing good cars even better. Before long, it’s second nature. Last week I was trying to win a hard rally race on a super tight, technical track and I tried automatic mode and I kept trying to manually shift it. It doesn’t take that long before it’s second nature.
Unfortunately with a wife, 3 kids, work and all kids in sports I only get about an hour maybe a week to play so instead of trying to learn to manually shift on a controller no less I just want to race. Maybe one day if I get a wheel I’ll try it out. Thanks though.

Hello friends!

Have any of you done the VK45DE-GT-R (Nissan GT-R Nismo GT500 '16) swap for Nissan Fairlady Z (Z34) '08?

In 700pp for Le Mans? I can't find anything 🫣

Praino What do you think ? 😁

Also wondering if you could do a tune on the Delorean engine swap when you get it. Thing is a beast and needs a good tune 👌🏼

Last edited:
I think you can get away with using automatic and FM6 there with the Sauber Mercedes and the Porsche 962. They’re both fast and great handling at 800pp and RH tires.
Yeah, the old Gr.1 cars like thes, the Mazda 787B or the Nissan are easy wins. Even feels like cheating. Gr.1, 2 and most of Gr.3 are pretty easy to win. I have like 10 GR1.+2 cars and 20 Gr.3 cars for an easy win. Fun and easy are also the Pagani Zonda and the Ferrari Enzo. Harder but doable are the Pagani Huyara and the Lamborghini Veneno.

What i want to try is to win with as many road cars as possible. Therefore i need your help like posted above. :)

Lamborghini Murcielago, Ferrari FXX and La Ferrari, Porsche GT Strassenversion, BAC Mono, Aston Martin Vulcan and some others where just too slow (for me) in relation to the many pitstops you need with the high fuel burning rate. Next i want to try the Porsche 917 Living Legend and the 918 Spider but i don't get my hopes up.

Yeah, the old Gr.1 cars like thes, the Mazda 787B or the Nissan are easy wins. Even feels like cheating. Gr.1, 2 and most of Gr.3 are pretty easy to win. I have like 10 GR1.+2 cars and 20 Gr.3 cars for an easy win. Fun and easy are also the Pagani Zonda and the Ferrari Enzo. Harder but doable are the Pagani Huyara and the Lamborghini Veneno.

What i want to try is to win with as many road cars as possible. Therefore i need your help like posted above. :)

Lamborghini Murcielago, Ferrari FXX and La Ferrari, Porsche GT Strassenversion, BAC Mono, Aston Martin Vulcan and some others where just too slow (for me) in relation to the many pitstops you need with the high fuel burning rate. Next i want to try the Porsche 917 Living Legend and the 918 Spider but i don't get my hopes up.
I just don’t see any way you could use those cars without two stops. Auto or manual.

As far as road cars go, some of the engine swapped ones get incredible fuel mileage. IIRC, that engine swapped ‘02 RX7 that Praiano posted gets exceptionally good economy.

I don't have any engine swaps but two stops shouldnt be a problem if the cars are fast enough. Even 3 maybe. Its all relative.

Last edited:
Matching Portillas times is not difficult in many cars. But these Roadcars often dont even want to get 3 laps on fuel. :-(
Yeah, his best laps are in the low 1:40s and he still pits three times because he runs RMs and guzzles fuel.

That’s why I don’t run many road cars, but referenced the engine swap cars.

Last edited:
Ferrari Dino 246 GT '71 - 550PP - Sport hard tires - All track - 1.31

Wide Car
Rims up to you - Rim Width Wide - Offset wide
Front A
Rear A
Rear wing Custom

Easy pilot car , a real pleasure on the Nordschleife or any where else.

f1.jpg
f2.jpg
f3.jpg
f4.jpg

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.

Last edited:
Hello Mr. Praiano63, wanted to first say thank you so much for your hard work. I play games as a form of relieving stress, and you have saved me hours and hours of trouble tuning these vehicles.

Having said that, I have spent no less that 5 hours trying to tune the F-150 Raptor for 650pp and 700pp. No matter what I try, the back always slides out from me at high speed. Could you, in your infinite mercy, find it in your heart to take a whack at the F-150 Raptor? My wife is sick of the sound of tuning it (dials clicking followed by about 3 seconds of driving then finally me saying "crap", over and over again). Either way, thank you for what you've done for the GT community!

Ford F150 SVT Raptor '11 - 700PP - Racing Soft tires - All Track - 1.41

Wide Car

Extremely fast during bends , huge grip , top 700PP road car anywhere , just don't have a good top speed but unbeatable on turny circuits.
I love to use it at 600PP also wearing Sport Hard tires. You can play with torque differential around 45/55 or 40/60 and play and drift like a pro out any out turns. Very fun.

Gran Turismo® 7_20231215173022.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20231215173033.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20231215173042.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20231215173056.jpg

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.

Last edited:
Mazda LM55 VGT (Gr1) - 950PP - Racing Hard Tires - Suzuka

The faster Gr1 car for 950PP Race on Suzuka. It could even be faster , only 1 race to test after setting the car. I've take a 0,500 penal , 3 mistakes .... It could be a 24:11 i think.
1 stop and no need to change tires.

View attachment 1160935View attachment 1160936

Gearbox is original.

View attachment 1160937View attachment 1160938

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
I could kiss you. After 3 straight days on the Suzuka track I finally beat it with this tune. Only stopped one to switch tires and get a little gas.

@praiano63
Hello sir,

i hope you can help me with finally winning WTC600 on Tokyo, the 12 lap one. I aleady tried a bunch of your tunes, but they (that means me) are either too slow, or handle too difficult for me to drive, since i'm not that good.

i always use auto shift, because i can't get manual to work, i use a pad and play on easy. i've won sardegna 15 Lap and le mans 30 minute with Supra GT500 easily, but this one i can't find a car thats good enough. I could win the other tokyo WTC600 with a Subaru tune, but the same car on the 12 lap one is too slow.

maybe i'm just too bad for this race, but maybe you have that one "best" car (for me) to make winning the WTC600 possible without glitch.

So far i've tried your Subaru Impreza and WRX Road Car. And your Nissan GTR and Supra. The Supra won't even let me catch up the first few Cars.

hope you can help me, really love your work.

@praiano63
Hello sir,

i hope you can help me with finally winning WTC600 on Tokyo, the 12 lap one. I aleady tried a bunch of your tunes, but they (that means me) are either too slow, or handle too difficult for me to drive, since i'm not that good.

i always use auto shift, because i can't get manual to work, i use a pad and play on easy. i've won sardegna 15 Lap and le mans 30 minute with Supra GT500 easily, but this one i can't find a car thats good enough. I could win the other tokyo WTC600 with a Subaru tune, but the same car on the 12 lap one is too slow.

maybe i'm just too bad for this race, but maybe you have that one "best" car (for me) to make winning the WTC600 possible without glitch.

So far i've tried your Subaru Impreza and WRX Road Car. And your Nissan GTR and Supra. The Supra won't even let me catch up the first few Cars.

Use Honda NSX '17- 600PP - Sport Medium tires - WTC 600 Tokyo Rain , praticing the turns session and use the red braking zone aid . Most of the braking points are perfect .

Last edited:
Hi Praiano, thank you for all the settings you share👍. I come regularly to see what's going on here in order to discover new Praiano-style cars every day and it's always a great pleasure to see your creations! I see you made a new Ferrari Dino since the 1.21 update.
Do you intend to do the same with the Alpine A110 72'?
Furthermore I would like to know if in the future, you plan to take care of the following cars: Alpine A110 '17, Jaguar F-type R' 14, Mercedes A45 AMG'13, Renault R8 Gordini?

Hi Praiano, thank you for all the settings you share👍. I come regularly to see what's going on here in order to discover new Praiano-style cars every day and it's always a great pleasure to see your creations! I see you made a new Ferrari Dino since the 1.21 update.
Do you intend to do the same with the Alpine A110 72'?
Furthermore I would like to know if in the future, you plan to take care of the following cars: Alpine A110 '17, Jaguar F-type R' 14, Mercedes A45 AMG'13, Renault R8 Gordini?
For Alpine A110 72' i have some plans because after last update , it's possible to set the car without messing with mixed compounds. Like the Dino.
For the rest , i've already tested the cars during last monthes and they are or bugged or slow or dull , no fun.... so they are taking some dust in my garage for the moment. I can check again to refresh my memory but i'll not do any promise.

Use Honda NSX '17- 600PP - Sport Medium tires - WTC 600 Tokyo Rain , praticing the turns session and use the red braking zone aid . Most of the braking points are perfect .
Ok, will try that one, i didn't use it yet, because you wrote about shifting, so i thought its made for manual shifting.

thanks for the advice, will tell later how it worked out.

@praiano63
Update: So i tried the NSX. The topspeed is quite nice with 300+ km/h, but corners are so hard to do, it almost doesn't turn. I'm doing 2:16 to 2:20 laps and on lap 9 i was already over 30 seconds behind first place. I guess i'm just not good enough for the race, even on easy. On top of that i got bumped into the wall by AI and got a 5 second penalty which is a neck breaker for me.

Maybe there is another tune with sport hards and better corner abilities?

If not, i'll just skip this race and throw the towel. :D

Last edited:
Ford F150 SVT Raptor '11 - 700PP - Racing Soft tires - All around

Wide Car

Just a fun drivable tune , stock is horrible all over the place. I just did some extreme settings to hang on the driving line , hard springs , full tighted LSD . Here is it. Very fun on turny track , No top speed on this car anyway , oriented for fun.

Sure it can be better just a bit spending more time on it , but i was happy on the wheel , without weird moves , very good fun car.

Fun truck indeed !!! I managed to P5 at Brands Hatch WTC 700 ( with 4 Pit stops...😋) . As we say in France, she's a "sucker" 😂

Last edited:
@praiano63
Hello sir,

I’m only mentioning this because I’m really bad at that race and might be able to help. The best I’ve been able to do is with Praiano’s tune, but adjusting the ride height to allow for intermediate tires. FM1 and short shift and pit after lap 8. The tires wear a lot faster as the track dries out. This allows it to handle well and also have enough power to be in first place on the first lap.

I can’t do very well on sport tires now that the damage penalty is so high. The other cars wreck me so bad and try intermediate tires give me enough control to avoid them and also be ahead after the first lap. I’m not good on that track in the rain so I had to figure out what worked for me. I hope that helps you or anyone struggling like me. I also use the PS5 controller so that could be part of it.
002B6703-7899-4AC2-A8D8-02E1766A400B.jpeg

E980064E-0040-4DE5-8079-C8CA11515E84.jpeg

Last edited:
but adjusting the ride height to allow for intermediate tires
I actually tried some tunes with intermediates too, but to make them possible i always reduced ECU or put ballst on, resulting in being too slow. So, i'm gonna try your Lambo. Do you change tires on pit or stay in IMs?

Ford F150 SVT Raptor '11 - 700PP - Racing Soft tires - All around

Wide Car

Just a fun drivable tune , stock is horrible all over the place. I just did some extreme settings to hang on the driving line , hard springs , full tighted LSD . Here is it. Very fun on turny track , No top speed on this car anyway , oriented for fun.

Sure it can be better just a bit spending more time on it , but i was happy on the wheel , without weird moves , very good fun car.

DUDE IT'S PERFECT! SHE STICKS SOO WELL!!! It's like.... It's like all I was doing was the equivalent of putting fresh air in the tires and a bumper hump, then you come in and flex with this beautiful work of art and just NAIL IT. Bravo, sir. Really, I'm blown away. So is my wife since she saw me struggling for hours on end! ....a little too impressed actually....Thank you so very much sir, I really appreciate this! Just one more thing: if my wife calls you....please don't answer

Back