PRAIANO'S TUNES : SETTINGS FOR GT7

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 11,913 comments
Hello Praiano !

Do you have a spec for the BMW M3 03" with SWAP Z4 GT3? I can't fix this myself.. 😰

Thank you very much!

Thank you very much!

Hi mate, iirc praiano may have mentioned something around using the standard m3 tune with the z4 engine swapout, in this thread.

The Exeter tuning garage definitely has one and there's also been other tunes proposed in all sorts of other threads, so defo worth a search. This car with engine swap is a certainly a bit 'lively' even with tunes!

Last edited:
B80
Hi mate, iirc praiano may have mentioned something around using the standard m3 tune with the z4 engine swapout, in this thread.

The Exeter tuning garage definitely has one and there's also been other tunes proposed in all sorts of other threads, so defo worth a search. This car with engine swap is a certainly a bit 'lively' even with tunes!
Thank you so much !

I was so upset that I rushed to ask..

So I took the original settings and set the gearbox to E4 GT3 👍🏻😁

When i've tested the BM3 M3 '03 swap with the my suspensions settings & original engine , it fit like a glove . I didn't find anything wrong on it. Stable and fast and pleasure on the wheel.
I just did a tune of the BMW M3 '03 swap with RH tires at 700pp. Are you also talking about the swap version at 700pp?

I just want to mean that no need a new tune for a swap more powerfull engine for the M3 '03.
I asked because I am still learning about tuning and part of that is trying to understand your settings. I call you "boss" in posts because I sometimes think of myself as an apprentice in your tuning shop by the beach :cheers:. I feel like I have my own style now and my tunes are good enough to post even when you have also tuned the same car, but I still have questions.

For the M3 swap, I noticed your damping ratio settings are high and you do that a lot at the 600pp level. For my 700pp settings with RH tires, I usually stay near the stock 30/40 and only make minor changes, which are usually to balance front and rear grip. I have not been successful with higher damping settings with my 700pp cars. Why do your higher settings work and how do they affect the tune?

Here is my tune for comparison. Much softer than yours.

This is what I posted. It might need some slight tweaks to make it still work.

600PP Tokyo Rain.
View attachment 1190683View attachment 1190684
It's a very fast car on Tokyo rain. The top speed is amazing , really . The problem in my opinion is that the front can't turn , very lazzy front end. I think that the overall time is faster that my car personal 26:30 , with lower power but more grip.
I really don't know what to do with this car. My Tokyo setting is not so fun to drive too ..... I have 4:04 on Le Mans at FM 6 short shifting for 3 laps , jsut good , nothing exceptional.
Going to check the max setting. Bringing the car to the ground can turn it a real beast , with much more grip , let's see.

It's a very fast car on Tokyo rain. The top speed is amazing , really . The problem in my opinion is that the front can't turn , very lazzy front end. I think that the overall time is faster that my car personal 26:30 , with lower power but more grip.
I really don't know what to do with this car. My Tokyo setting is not so fun to drive too ..... I have 4:04 on Le Mans at FM 6 short shifting for 3 laps , jsut good , nothing exceptional.
Going to check the max setting. Bringing the car to the ground can turn it a real beast , with much more grip , let's see.
I was hoping you could tweak that 600pp or a 700pp, because it’s also my best car at Le Mans rain.

The braking sucks too. You have to ease into them or you’re all over the place like a lot of rally cars. Just the brakes alone would help tremendously.

I appreciate all you do, just my thoughts. Thanks again!

Last edited:
I was hoping you could tweak that 600pp or a 700pp, because it’s also my best car at Le Mans rain.

The braking sucks too. You have to ease into them or you’re all over the place like a lot of rally cars. Just the brakes alone would help tremendously.

I appreciate all you do, just my thoughts. Thanks again!
Damn avarice and austerity . I'm going to publish 3 settings for it , 600 / 700 and max PP. ;) :cheers:

Damn avarice and austerity . I'm going to publish 3 settings for it , 600 / 700 and max PP. ;) :cheers:
You’ve never asked, but I’m going to send you funds shortly. You’ve done a lot of great tunes for me and I greatly appreciate it and I’d like to show my gratitude. I should be done with a messy legal situation with my now absolutely insane ex soon. Lawyers are killing me.

Last edited:
You’ve never asked, but I’m going to send you funds shortly. You’ve done a lot of great tunes for me and I greatly appreciate it and I’d like to show my gratitude. I should be done with a messy legal situation with my now absolutely insane ex soon. Lawyers are killing me.

Hope it gets sorted soon for you. 2 of my friends going through drawn out legal proceedings with their ex's at present and its stomach turning to hear what they're going through at times. Some people just want to see the world burn it seems. Like something snapped in them and this alternate personality took over their souls... irony being the woman caused/wanted the divorce, and for little good reason from what I heard and know of the men involved. Particularly harsh as kids involved with the 'ride'...

My divorce seemed like childs play in comparison, and consider myself 'fortunate' my ex stayed somewhat rational. Although as a child involved, always feel like I'm only a step or 2 away from things going off the rails if I don't 'toe the line'.

Last edited:
Lamborghini Veneno '14 - 600PP - Sport Hard Tires - Tokyo Rain Event

This 600PP tune need weight reduction 1 only. The numbers showed are ok but i used weight reduction 3 for the 700PP car. I forgot to save the pics of the tune. Can't go back.
@Badfish 2 tune is a few faster on straight , but i like more grippy to play in the turns. It's 26:30 in my hands , no need to change tires , only gas lap 6.
The car's behaviors are ok but nothing fantastic talking about handling. I did it just to give an option for who to want to drive it there.

v61.jpg
v62.jpg
v63.jpg
v64.jpg
v65.jpg

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.

Lamborghini Veneno '14 - 800PP - Racing Soft Tires - All Track - 1.41

Impossible to adapt the downforce on this car so the balance is a little unstable under brakes at high speed. Just take car on your wheel angle and no late braking.
Gran Turismo® 7_20231209162959.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20231209163009.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20231209163020.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20231209163029.jpg

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.

Last edited:
B80
Hope it gets sorted soon for you. 2 of my friends going through drawn out legal proceedings with their ex's at present and its stomach turning to hear what they're going through at times. Some people just want to see the world burn it seems. Like something snapped in them and this alternate personality took over their souls... irony being the woman caused/wanted the divorce, and for little good reason from what I heard and know of the men involved. Particularly harsh as kids involved with the 'ride'...

My divorce seemed like childs play in comparison, and consider myself 'fortunate' my ex stayed somewhat rational. Although as a child involved, always feel like I'm only a step or 2 away from things going off the rails if I don't 'toe the line'.
The crazy/hot matrix is a real thing. She just did a great job of hiding it for the first few years.

Sorry to get off subject.

Pagani Zonda R '09 - 800PP - Racing Hard Tires - All Around setting

Rims size 19" - Rim Width Wide - Offset Wide

This car is 1:54 on Suzuka. Faster as P1 McLaren . I did a WTC 800 just to check , Win easy with almost 30 seconds , laping 1:56 regular no trafic. I use gas comsumption 3 to 4 , only 1 stop after 5 laps Amazing car for those events. Or any place .

View attachment 1146162View attachment 1146163

To build the racing fully custom gearbox do like this.
1st : Bring the top speed to minimum full left 250 kmh
2d: set every individual gears from 6th to 1st at the ratios writen on the sheet
3rd: Set the final gear ratio to 2.890

View attachment 1146164View attachment 1146165View attachment 1146166View attachment 1146167View attachment 1146168

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.

Long overdue treated myself to this car, what an absolute monster. Super quick and stays completely planted no matter how you push it. Comes in a fraction of a second slower than the 787B for me and easily quicker than the CLK-LM which was my previous favourite 800pp car. Fantastic work.

Lamborghini Veneno '14 - 700PP - Racing Hard Tires - Nordschleife

The new number 1 on Nordschleife at 700PP . My Porsche Cayman GT4 stay behind from 2 seconds with a 6:33.
The car is extremelly fast , good grip overall , easy to drive almost any situation , just only point to take care.
Don't , never do late braking. Only in straight line. If you brake strongly when you begin a curve , you can lose the rear end easily.The fact that the car is 4WD allow to save the bad situation but you'll lose time to recover the induced drift. So , brake early , slow in fast out is the key more than ever.

View attachment 1191045View attachment 1191046View attachment 1191047View attachment 1191048

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.
Never, ever, ever brake late. Hah

As I’ve said previously, my Veneno is my Le Mans rain money maker. I used your tune and it handles like a dream and I won easily. Way less drama than my tune at 700pp. Thank you again. However, I missed my “FU” power and top speed so I raced again and didn’t change anything but the ride height. I haven’t played with it a lot, but I raced at 145F/150R. I didn’t notice much of a degradation in handling and it got my hp back up to 616. I can consistently run 4:04s like that and I even did a 4:02. I’m not sure if that’s the sweet spot for power vs handling yet, that was a random guess. I’m hoping to be able to get it under 4 min dry laps. I like this car for Le Mans because of its power/top speed and AWD for the rain.

I do FM6 and stop after laps 3 and 6 and then do lap 7 wide open at FM1 and fresh RH tires. Thats always a fun lap. Weather/radar permitting. Sometimes I stop after lap two and then do IM and stop again on lap 5. It just doesn’t get good enough fuel economy for a one stop race.

I struggle with how to set the gear ratios in this car. I usually end up doing it really high ratios and barely using 7th gear.

Also, I realize that you did this set up for a different track and your suspension and diff settings allowed me to get this far with it.

You rock man.

Hello friends!

Have any of you done the VK45DE-GT-R (Nissan GT-R Nismo GT500 '16) swap for Nissan Fairlady Z (Z34) '08?

In 700pp for Le Mans? I can't find anything 🫣

Praino What do you think ? 😁

Hello friends!

Have any of you done the VK45DE-GT-R (Nissan GT-R Nismo GT500 '16) swap for Nissan Fairlady Z (Z34) '08?

New to Gt planet huh? Put it like this-

That's a motor from the last update, highly unlikely it has fallen into the hands of a quality tuner.

Any motor released post 1.17 update is hard to find "shared" tunes.

the odds of getting a motor ticket from a daily are not great at all- Café menus are the only
"For sure".

factor the total number of engines, and only 5 (that you dont even know what they are, because all crates are the same pic) show when you open ticket, you can count on duplicates thats for sure.

Those of us lucky enough to be around for the past ticket glitch, had to spend alot of time before we got at least 1 of each type of engine available at the time. Id say maybe 15 or so dupes of engines I already obtained before I got 1 2jz.(For example)

2weeks of grinding and using script before they patched it, and had over 100 of each.

Since 1.17, ive opened 5-6 tickets, and have only gotten 1 "newer engine". Then, there's the option of saving until a better chassis is available.

Long story short, good luck finding swap tunes for any NEW engines!

Hello friends!

Sorry . I don't have the engine ....... GT-R Nismo GT500 go to 840 HP with a turbo . The Z34 with all engine tuning + high RPM turbo reach maximum 633HP
New to Gt planet huh? Put it like this-

That's a motor from the last update, highly unlikely it has fallen into the hands of a quality tuner.

Any motor released post 1.17 update is hard to find "shared" tunes.

the odds of getting a motor ticket from a daily are not great at all- Café menus are the only
"For sure".

factor the total number of engines, and only 5 (that you dont even know what they are, because all crates are the same pic) show when you open ticket, you can count on duplicates thats for sure.

Those of us lucky enough to be around for the past ticket glitch, had to spend alot of time before we got at least 1 of each type of engine available at the time. Id say maybe 15 or so dupes of engines I already obtained before I got 1 2jz.(For example)

2weeks of grinding and using script before they patched it, and had over 100 of each.

Since 1.17, ive opened 5-6 tickets, and have only gotten 1 "newer engine". Then, there's the option of saving until a better chassis is available.

Long story short, good luck finding swap tunes for any NEW engines!
I like your "Long story short" ..... :lol: :lol:

Nissan Fairlady Z (Z34) '08 - 700PP - Racing Hard Tires - Nordschleife

Wide car
Rims size up to you
Width wide - Offset Wide
Front B - Side B - Rear B - Wing custom

Top3 700PP car on Nordschleife with 6:34 (Lambo Veneno was 6:33 / Cayman GT4 6:35 ) Fantastic front grip , stable rear anywhere, very easy to drive fast .
I 've tested Le Mans but it was a few slower in FM6 for 3 first laps on dry , tahn the Veneno for example. Perhaps there you can raise front ride height to gain some more HP , if you don't need so much front grip on Le Mans... Just an idea.

n1.jpg
n2.jpg
n3.jpg
n4.jpg

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.

Last edited:
The new number 1 on Nordschleife at 700PP .
Just in case y'all aren't paying attention, this is a serious claim. The Veneno at 700pp must be great and will be the next car I set up with the master's tune :).

But boss, I have a tuning question. If braking is a challenge, why not increase the rear /\ toe or the braking sensitivity on the LSD?

Just in case y'all aren't paying attention, this is a serious claim. The Veneno at 700pp must be great and will be the next car I set up with the master's tune :).

But boss, I have a tuning question. If braking is a challenge, why not increase the rear /\ toe or the braking sensitivity on the LSD?
You aren’t asking me, but that car is broken like the Yaris and rally cars as far as braking is concerned. I was hoping he could work some sorcery.

I've tested this already , the LSD settings are pretty high 30.30.30 for others reasons too , Rear + TOE wasn't helping so much . It seems that the rear end was losing contact & grip due to weight transfer under heavy braking. Strange behavior , the veneno have a lot of weight on the rear , not so much rake , i think it's only a physic glitch like on others cars .
Above all , the balance was so hard to find , that this little dark side was acceptable , avoiding late braking only. ;)

Back