PRAIANO'S TUNES : SETTINGS FOR GT7

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 11,915 comments
Yes , they have to low the HP for same PP now. In return , you can able now to set your suspension the way you gain grip and driving pleasure. In my opinion , a very good thing.
I have to disagree. The hard part is getting the car to handle, not fiddling with ECU, power, and weight. If we knew how to set up a car, there wouldn’t be a Tuning forum. At least for now, suspension, LSD are irrelevant to PP limits. Don’t forget, trying to set up a car within in the restrictive confines of PP is a relatively new thing in the 25 year history of Gran Turismo, and frankly, made tuning even that more complex.

Honda NSX Type R '92 - 700PP- Racing Medium tires - Nordschleife/All Tracks - 1.23

A new 700PP for this wonderfull iconic bolid. 6:16 on Nordschleife in my hands.A new suspensions for it , Needed to put the rear end at the higher level to gain stability , this is how the things are working in GT7 . Lower ride height turn the car very unstable and nasty.
I didn't chose the rear diffuser option , need to pay a lot of HP to gain some few grip. I prefer extra power , the car is extremely fast on straight this way. Grip stay ok.
H1.jpg

I have to disagree. The hard part is getting the car to handle, not fiddling with ECU, power, and weight. If we knew how to set up a car, there wouldn’t be a Tuning forum. At least for now, suspension, LSD are irrelevant to PP limits. Don’t forget, trying to set up a car within in the restrictive confines of PP is a relatively new thing in the 25 year history of Gran Turismo, and frankly, made tuning even that more complex.
Sorry but i don't understand what you are disagree . Perhaps my horrible english.

I've said they low the HP for same PP , PP increase. Check all the GR1 cars like Nissan R92CP or else ,setted after update at 800PP , after 1.23 they are 830PP.
So you have no other way to low the power to fit the PP. It's a fact.
I write also that "In return , you can able now to set your suspension the way you gain grip and driving pleasure. In my opinion , a very good thing." because like you say "At least for now, suspension, LSD are irrelevant to PP limits." This is the best thing , no need of "restrictive confines of PP".
I play GT since 2000 and I tune cars in GT since GT5P there were Performance Points already if i remember well.

Which is most IRL realistic? Before or after 1.23?

Honda NSX Type R '92 - 700PP- Racing Medium tires - Nordschleife/All Tracks - 1.23

Wide body

Rims 15" - Width Wide - Offset Wide

Front ST
Side ST
Rear A
Wing A

I love the NSX , The patrão car (The boss Ayrton).
A new 700PP for this wonderfull iconic bolid. 6:16 on Nordschleife in my hands.A new suspensions for it , Needed to put the rear end at the higher level to gain stability , this is how the things are working in GT7 . Lower ride height turn the car very unstable and nasty.
I didn't chose the rear diffuser option , need to pay a lot of HP to gain some few grip. I prefer extra power , the car is extremely fast on straight this way. Grip stay ok.
love this, just watched a video of Tsuchiya at Le Mans in the NSX and now i am driving this on le mans wtc 700 :) can go 320 kmh on the straight

Last edited:
love this, just watched a video of Tsuchiya at Le Mans in the NSX and now i am driving this on le mans wtc 700 :) can go 320 kmh on the straight

@praiano63 : Very good setup. Very stabile. Very enjoyable to drive. Thank you!!

@winshipfrost : On LeMans, you need to do FM6 to get three laps on a tank, right? This means that you do not get that many occasions to do hot laps, which reduce the fun a bit. But it is definitively fast and really fun to drive on the FM1 laps!!

@praiano63 On your NSX tune how does lower ride height make the car unstable?Surely the lower the better,within reason.Im a ;ittle confused.lol
Theoretically you're right , this is what physic teach and what reals race cars tuners do.
Pratically in GT7 low ride height decrease stability. The effect is reversed in GT7.
You'll not feel this on an already stable car with lot of downforce.
But on an unstable road car even with a good downforce , the increase of the ride height increase also the stability.
Check this NSX '92 . Test and drive on a turny track a 90 /130 or 100/140 ride height , the balance is exactly the same . But the car stay much more unstable.
Do this and tell me. This is GT7 , not real physics , always some bugs , the is the only one i know in GT7.
Some settings are mute or low response , others are ok and very reactive... but this one is INVERTED. :lol: :cheers: Signed Mr Kaz.

I have a question for you. I see on almost all your builds you do add increase body rigidity but no roll cage. Is there something in your testing that is negative about the roll cage. Thank you I use all your tunes. In online races I have to not use wide body so I can get the little extra HP that it takes away adding it. Pre 1.23 it gave up to much PP to use it vs how much it changed your lap time in handling. Have you seen it making a bigger difference on handling post 1.23

@praiano63
did you see my post about tune for countach 600pp tokyo on the last side? maybe you missed it, because so many postings lately :D

if you don't have time right now thats ok too, just making sure you saw it.

I have a question for you. I see on almost all your builds you do add increase body rigidity but no roll cage. Is there something in your testing that is negative about the roll cage. Thank you I use all your tunes. In online races I have to not use wide body so I can get the little extra HP that it takes away adding it. Pre 1.23 it gave up to much PP to use it vs how much it changed your lap time in handling. Have you seen it making a bigger difference on handling post 1.23
I don't why , sometime i use roll cage , rarely. Up to you , the change don't meess with the overall balance anyway. Same for Wide body and body rigidity. So the base setting can be used with or without those adds.
Handling and physics didn't change anything for 1.23. But yes the way to set the suspension settings due to no PP influence.
@praiano63
did you see my post about tune for countach 600pp tokyo on the last side? maybe you missed it, because so many postings lately :D

if you don't have time right now thats ok too, just making sure you saw it.
I'll update only the Countach 25th Anniversary 1988.
Countach LP400 1974 is a totally broken car. I' try to solve the problem using extreme settings but no way.

Suzuka V6 Escudo Pikes Peak SP '98 - 600PP - Comfort Soft tires - Tokyo Rain event 1.23

Rims up to you

And once again, the Escudo turns into a grinding machine like old times. Bless you!
@praiano: Could it be that the last maintenance update again nerfed the settings? I exactly copied yours, but arrive at 601.17 pp. The only way to get below 600 was to switch to Comfort Medium. The Escudo is well controllable with these, but lacks top speed (approx. 275 km/h) and has a hard time to keep up with the top guys...

Suzuka V6 Escudo Pikes Peak SP '98 - 600PP - Comfort Soft tires - Tokyo Rain event 1.23

@praiano: Could it be that the last maintenance update again nerfed the settings? I exactly copied yours, but arrive at 601.17 pp. The only way to get below 600 was to switch to Comfort Medium. The Escudo is well controllable with these, but lacks top speed (approx. 275 km/h) and has a hard time to keep up with the top guys...
Rims
put width and offset WIDE and WIDE

Put FRONT downforce to 201

USD 2.150 here in Brasil. I can eat during 2 years with this. This is my 8 monthes wage. Impossible for me to buy something like this.
Please , i need some sponsorship Mr Kazunori Yamauchi . My old G29 did a good job during a long time but it's about to die soon due oxidation , rust here close to sea side .
Who know if Mr Kazunori or somebody with some people from polyphonie read my solicitation , thank you.

tgt.jpg

Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniv '88 - 600PP - Sport Medium tires - All Tracks 1.23
New 1.23 tune , competitive everywhere , from Nordschleife to Tokyo rain event , extremely fast , good overall grip and safe.
600PP is his best range.
View attachment 1198791
i just made a race in Tokyo with it and could win, but i changed tires to hard and pushed power and set gearbox a little different to reach 305 km/h on straight because my style benefits more from this than medium tire grip. Tune is really great, thanks a lot!

I also tuned the NSX Type R 92 down to 600pp and it's a top speed monster. Reached 315 km/h on straight, but its a bit unstable in the corners.

All those cars need a lot of focus for me to drive and win, i enjoy nissan skyline or subaru a bit more because they are easier to drive. I really love 4WD cars. Too bad Lancer Evo is too slow for tokyo, can't make it win, same for Mitsubishi GTO.

Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE Pack '18 - 700PP - Racing Hard tires - Nordschleife / All track

Wide Car
Rims 19" Width Wide Offset Wide
Rear A (or original no diffuser , for very fast track or place where you don't need so much grip)
Wing Custom

I've find the vain finally. There is a narrow window setting that fit perfectly for this car. It's a dream car on Nordschleife where it can express all his power. 6:40 at cruzing racing pace ⚡ ⚡ ⚡ :cheers: Also medium performance on slower track but still very fast.
For very fast track or place where you don't need so much grip , take out the rear diffuser , to drop around 15PP and add power on it. Balance stay the same , more speed and accel and few less grip.

EDIT:About the ride height , ask the boss.
山内 一典
@Kaz_Yamauchi
グランツーリスモ制作中。 Producer, Gran Turismo
Translate bio
Tokyogran-turismo.comJoined January 2010
200 Following
101.1K Followers

View attachment 1164238View attachment 1164239

1- set auto speed at the minimum 250kmh
2-set the final gear to 3.430 for Nordschleife.
3- set each gear ratio beginning from the last gear to first gear in this order.
Done.

View attachment 1164240View attachment 1164241View attachment 1164242

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.
Excellent! Thanks.

Wow, this setup took a car I couldn't control. To a pure beast of muscle car. It was a little squirley through 1st and second but nothing you can't control . After that it's just wide open and hugs the road like it's glued to it.

Last edited:
USD 2.150 here in Brasil. I can eat during 2 years with this. This is my 8 monthes wage. Impossible for me to buy something like this.
Please , i need some sponsorship Mr Kazunori Yamauchi . My old G29 did a good job during a long time but it's about to die soon due oxidation , rust here close to sea side .
Who know if Mr Kazunori or somebody with some people from polyphonie read my solicitation , thank you.

View attachment 1198730
Would we here in this forum be able to get 20 people that sponsor with 100 USD each?
(I could be one)

Last edited:
Back