PRAIANO'S TUNES : SETTINGS FOR GT7

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 11,836 comments
Fantastic tune man! Was able to post a 1:29.103 within 30 minutes. Hopefully it holds up towards the end of the event. Get well soon!
I would love to work again on this car before the end of the event but i'm not still ok to play yet. This was just the first quick tune. i want to test some others settings options. Goog luck.

I can’t see any tunes for a very broken car, the Super Formula SF19. I have one from SEMY but it’s very draggy, do you know any way to make this car stable at high speed without a massive drag rear wing? Any help appreciated and keen to learn!

my dear Laurent, I don't know if you should be sorry that you didn't receive the VR2 that your brother was supposed to bring you.

we all saw the most famous Youtubers editing videos with "Ho" and "Ha" "wonderful" fantastic" etc....but since then nothing...

in championship last week, no VR2 and today, 10mn ago, for the Daily Race news, broadcasted "live" no VR2 on the head....

then, either the cockpit view (the only one available) is not conducive to good lap times (this is not new) ......
or, they were just lent to play their roles as paid influencers and they have already returned it......
or, like others, they can only stand it for a few minutes and have already sold it..... or it's just sitting on a shelf....😂

in any case, we don't see .... in any "live" videos on GT7 or ACC etc........there is enough to wonder......

finally, for an almost equivalent price (from memory), a good DD pro......😉

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

my dear Laurent, I don't know if you should be sorry that you didn't receive the VR2 that your brother was supposed to bring you.

we all saw the most famous Youtubers editing videos with "Ho" and "Ha" "wonderful" fantastic" etc....but since then nothing...

in championship last week, no VR2 and today, 10mn ago, for the Daily Race news, broadcasted "live" no VR2 on the head....

then, either the cockpit view (the only one available) is not conducive to good lap times (this is not new) ......
or, they were just lent to play their roles as paid influencers and they have already returned it......
or, like others, they can only stand it for a few minutes and have already sold it..... or it's just sitting on a shelf....😂

in any case, we don't see .... in any "live" videos on GT7 or ACC etc........there is enough to wonder......

finally, for an almost equivalent price (from memory), a good DD pro......😉

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
My son went back to Corsica today for a new pizzaiolo season. He's back in november , there he'll be able to check the second market like "le bon coin". Your point about the DD Pro wheel or TG-T is also right. My old G29 is a very heavy duty wheel but can show problems anytime after so much time of intensive use.
Also i have to say it's a very poor wheel in term of feedback. A good wheel or VR2..... it's a very hard choice. VR is a dream for me. I don't play so much time like before , around 1h + / day . Perfect for VR pleasure.

Last edited:
My son went back to Corsica today for a new pizzaiolo season. He's back in november , there he'll be able to check the second market like "le bon coin". Your point about the DD Pro wheel or TG-T is also right. My old G29 is a very heavy duty wheel but can show problems anytime after so much time of intensive use.
Also i have to say it's a very poor wheel in term of feedback. A good wheel or VR2..... it's a very hard choice. VR is a dream for me. I don't play so much time like before , around 1h + / day . Perfect for VR pleasure.
My Tgt2 has made me faster. In the UK its easy to find it discounted as open box or refurbished, lowering price to a T300 level.

My Tgt2 has made me faster.
I believe you. It's very hard to anticipate your driving line with a G29. This is the main problem in my opinion. Bad driving precision turn worst your lap time . Wrong turning point to a aproximative apex ... I've never drove GT with a real good wheel. It must be much more driving pleasure for sure.

According to the update thread, some physics updates may be coming:

• Suspension Physics
• Adjusted the calculations model of the suspension geometry. This will improve stability of the car orientation during braking, and the traction during acceleration;

• Adjusted the damping characteristics of the suspensions. This will improve stability of the car when driving over bumps and kerbs.

• Tyre Physics
Improved stability when turning in low speed corners and over kerbstones;

• Optimised the tyre heating and wear model;

• Optimised the aquaplaning effect on wet surfaces.

• Aerodynamics
Updated the aerodynamics data for formula cars;

• Optimised the downforce and air resistance in relation to the vehicle ride height.

• Anti-Lag System
• Introduced a limiter to prevent the engine RPM from rising too much while stopped.

Last edited:

• Suspension Physics
• Adjusted the calculations model of the suspension geometry. This will improve stability of the car orientation during braking, and the traction during acceleration;

• Adjusted the damping characteristics of the suspensions. This will improve stability of the car when driving over bumps and kerbs.

• Tyre Physics

• Aerodynamics

• Optimised the downforce and air resistance in relation to the vehicle ride height.

• Anti-Lag System
• Introduced a limiter to prevent the engine RPM from rising too much while stopped.
Yeah, I'm going to pretend I didn't see that.... Particularly as I just started This little project using Master P's tunes. Check it out!

• Suspension Physics

• Tyre Physics

• Aerodynamics

• Anti-Lag System
I think we'll have to do everything again. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm ready 😎:gtpflag:

In VR it's a completely different game, more immersive, and even more interesting. It really surprised me. I made ten monthly installments 😉

I believe you. It's very hard to anticipate your driving line with a G29. This is the main problem in my opinion. Bad driving precision turn worst your lap time . Wrong turning point to a aproximative apex ... I've never drove GT with a real good wheel. It must be much more driving pleasure for sure.
Yes, it's more precise so allows you to place the car better and use more of the track. Gives greater consistency too. The Tgt2 also has a transducer so you can literally feel the front tyres scrubbing with understeer. Would definitely add more pleasure to your driving, but also give you more feel for your setups. After 3 months of heavy use (and no doubt made worse by only the use of one hand) it's starting to show some wear which is frustrating considering the price. Not sure if the DD Pro is any hardier, but would be missing some of the feel the transducer gives IMO.

Interested to know others thoughts if they've got experience of both?

Yes, it's more precise so allows you to place the car better and use more of the track. Gives greater consistency too. The Tgt2 also has a transducer so you can literally feel the front tyres scrubbing with understeer. Would definitely add more pleasure to your driving, but also give you more feel for your setups. After 3 months of heavy use (and no doubt made worse by only the use of one hand) it's starting to show some wear which is frustrating considering the price. Not sure if the DD Pro is any hardier, but would be missing some of the feel the transducer gives IMO.

Interested to know others thoughts if they've got experience of both?
I was torn between the two but ended up going with the dd pro and you can feel the slip angle with it as well. I thought I would miss out on the transducer but so far it’s giving me all the detail and I’m very happy with it.

I'll wait for the update first and how big will be the changes. Perhaps i'll have to start a new blank page.
Hello masters, the update 1.31 is here, there are some blatant changes.
An example:
Peugeot L750R Hybrid VGT '17 - 950PP - Racing Soft Tires - Grand Valley -1.30

Your setup is now down to almost 50LP.
I have decided to support them even more (a monthly donation planned, the first one tomorrow) Their work on the cars is really awesome.
I really hope we will enjoy these for a long time.

With best regards from Germany.

Last edited:
I never tried the porsche 717 till the update. was that car bad before 1.31 or is it just me? same as comment above about the 787b. seem like it doesnt want to turn into corners. The car also seems pretty unstable on Sardana. I still managed a 27min race but was hoping to be closer to 26min like I average on most Gr2 cars.

Just wanted to add that I started the game two weeks ago and I have been loving your tunes. I appreciate the huge list of cars you have tuned. I really hope this update didn't break to many of your tunes. You have dedicated a lot of time into these tunes. Now I need to scroll through this thread to find where you posted your tuning process to see if I can try and make some better tunes for grinding.

Also do you use a calculator for your transmission setups? I love how you setup your gearing on cars. I'm thinking none of that should really be changing with this new update.

EDIT: found your little tutorial on page 255 and the video to how you tune gearing. Thank you again for all your work and all the useful info on this thread.

Last edited:
I was very happy to read this, and to get your experiences on the AMD Black Series.

Regarding the AMG Black Series at Sardina. I tested to do "Full Upgrade".

First I wonder if you include the weight reductions in that?

I did include the weight reductions. And I did run on FM6. But I believe I only got 4 laps on one fuel tank, which means 4 stints and 3 stops. So I was not able to do it with 2 stops.
Or maybe there is something else that could be the difference that I am not thinking about?

(I am running the automatic gearbox, if that could be part of the difference. But it did not feel close to me to be able to get 5 laps on a fuel tank, and be able to do two stops)
Daam lol , i read your reply to Praiano63 regarding the Nissan R923 "92 new tune asking him if you can beat other players on online not A.I or Bots and I think to myself either this guy is a professional master top 10 player or he's a total retard.

Then i read this post and I just can't stop laughing man you know he is doing this for free and happily why can't you just say thank you for the efforts etc.

And who drives an AMG black series on Sardenia for especially for Fuel management?????

You know what's your thing regardless of all of that stuff?

You still didn't Thanked the Man aka "Praiano63" when you provided your feedback later.

Latest Posts

Back