PRAIANO'S TUNES : SETTINGS FOR GT7

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 11,926 comments
The 700PP version is brilliant for Le Mans, excellent handling, fuel economy, tire wear and power - this car eats the rest or the pack alive.

But here you've used Weight Reduction Stage 5. Would you say it's better to have two cars with the different Weight Reduction or adding a little bit of ballast to the 700PP version doesn't upset the balance at all?
Yes , the Stage 5 reduction can be used. It's needed for 800PP too.

I'm on the JEEP SWAP at 600PP , very hard to set but i've found a funny way to race it. Forget high speed track , it's a real wall against the wind , but on Tsukuba till Nurburring GP or similar it's ok and performant. Coming soon.

Jeep Willys MB '45 - 600PP - Sport Medium tires - All tracks - SWAP - 1.35

SWAP ENGINE: Hellcat - Charger

Wide Car
Rims up to you

So this car is very special to drive , very responsive , you need to adapt yourself to 4 inputs and their combinations.
-Acceleration and foot lift off the throttle .
-Wheel angle input together fine brake inputs.
It's very fun. Just need to spend around 20 minutes or less to control it 100%. It's a very performant car at this level.

F0Kc8CfXgAAnmyf1.jpeg
j2.jpeg
j3.jpeg
j4.jpeg

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.

Last edited:
Alpine A110 '17 - 700PP - Racing hard tires - All tracks - SWAP - 1.35

SWAP ENGINE: VR38DETT-GT-R-Nismo (Nissan GT-R NISMO '17)

Wide Car
Rims up to you - Rim Width Wide - Offset wide
Front A - Side A - Wing Custom

Excelent on technical tracks , very agile and responsive.

View attachment 1269841View attachment 1269842View attachment 1269843View attachment 1269844

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.

I find this super twitchy. Easy to lose the back and do a 180. For me, not the most enjoyable of drives

This is not the settings i did 1:31.8xx and work only for Sardina , or tokyo perhaps . I can post the picture tomorrow. The problem with the consumption. Impossible to perform under 1:36/37 racing Sardina. Need to use gas 5 or 6 .
This one is an all track setting , much more enjoyable to drive.
Senor Praiano, I finally acquired this beauty yesterday. It was my fave car (by far) in GT5. I put your tune in there, and did the Sardegna 800 one time this morning. Won easily by a lap, but kinda bummed about the things you mention here. I used FM3, and it just did 7 laps, 8 on FM4 (and didn’t short shift). The brakes are very good, but not great like the Audi DTM. Top speed was ok, and I did have to work (too) hard for 1.36’s like you said.

On the plus side, it’s the only car I remember actually being able to USE first gear on track, like coming out of the 2 sharp corners at Sardegna. Also, it is silky smooth to drive, and sticks great. Overall it seems like it’s been neutered at 800PP, and I’m curious to unleash it at full power at Le Mans or The Green Hell.

Thanks as always for your tunes and insights. 👍💯🔥

I find this super twitchy. Easy to lose the back and do a 180. For me, not the most enjoyable of drives
Yes for sure , it's not an easy car but this what i wanted like in the description "very agile and responsive". It's a bit "on the edge" but if driven with precision also very fast. There is already a lot of easy cars in the garage .

@praiano63 At the risk of sounding stupid,why are some of the tunes quite high at the rear?Does this help with turn in or mid-corner speed?
Tuning not one of my strong points do always nice to know stuff.
Sorry but i'll do a copy & paste for the same answer , same question a week ago.

"For cars with lazzy front end , yes. If you low the rear you'll have mainly to low rear downforce . This process cost a lot of PP = less power. Rake have a good result without penalizing the PP , this is how it work in this game. I agree it's stupid. Up to you if you want to lose some power but with the look of the car you want for replay or else.."

Sorry but i'll do a copy & paste for the same answer , same question a week ago.

"For cars with lazzy front end , yes. If you low the rear you'll have mainly to low rear downforce . This process cost a lot of PP = less power. Rake have a good result without penalizing the PP , this is how it work in this game. I agree it's stupid. Up to you if you want to lose some power but with the look of the car you want for replay or elseso it helps to reduce understeer
So it helps reduce understeer,sounds like a win.Many thanks.

Subaru BRZ Drift Car '17 - 700PP - Racing Hard tires - Le Mans - SWAP -1.35

ENGINE SWAP : HR-4414E-NSX
Wing up to you
3:50 FM 1 short shifting. You can use the car same settings for a grip tune , just max the front downforce to 200 and short the gears.

s1.jpeg
s2.jpeg
s3.jpeg
s4.jpeg

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.

Last edited:

Wing up to you
3:50 FM 1 short shifting. You can use the car same settings for a grip tune , just max the front downforce to 200 and short the gears.

Great swap, excellent tune! Really enjoyable car to drive with too low fuel consumption. I use it with shorter gearbox and 200 front downforce as you wrote for a win in Sardegna also. Thank you

Wing up to you

What’s your advice for Nordschleife? Maybe the best option could be to add front downforce till 200 and keep your original gear settings…I mean, it could be dangerous to short the gears in a very technical track like this, beside the fact that the final straight is quite long. But maybe I’m wrong 😅

What’s your advice for Nordschleife? Maybe the best option could be to add front downforce till 200 and keep your original gear settings…I mean, it could be dangerous to short the gears in a very technical track like this, beside the fact that the final straight is quite long. But maybe I’m wrong 😅
For the ring for sure 200 front downforce and perhaps using racing medium , need to test with a ghost till the first bridge only , no need the full lap.
Also the wheel spin when the power come out slow corners can be a problem , at least for me with my G29. It's hard to feel the sensation at the wheel .
Set the final gear to reach the top speed , at the peak power last gear in last straight.

Last edited:
Nissan R34 GT-R VSII Nurb '02 - 700PP - Racing Hard tires - All Tracks - 1.23

Wide Body

Rims Up to you - Rim Width Wide - Offset Wide

Front B - Side St - Rear St - Wing Custom

Number 1 700PP car for the moment at Norschleife and Suzuka by a large margin. The beast . extremely easy to drive fast . No surprises.
Perhaps don't need all the engine tuning to drive 600PP and 700PP for the same car. I was just wanted to test at max power ( It's working also perfectly) Up to you.

View attachment 1199731View attachment 1199732View attachment 1199733View attachment 1199734View attachment 1199735

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.
I tried applying your tune without the engine mods and seems to give a nice little boost in power output but somehow my handling is reduced. Unsure what that's about. I havent had a chance to take it on track yet.

Attachments

• IMG_6730.JPG
    IMG_6730.JPG
    105.6 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_6729.JPG
    IMG_6729.JPG
    97.3 KB · Views: 17
Finally get the invitation for the Ferrari FXX K'14 🙄. An update in the future?😉
I'm on this car since a long time. The lack of downforce setting is not available and still low for a 1000HP car. I'll try again for a last test and i'll publish something soon.

I tried applying your tune without the engine mods and seems to give a nice little boost in power output but somehow my handling is reduced. Unsure what that's about. I havent had a chance to take it on track yet.
This is my #1 Le Mans 700PP grind car. His setup is awesome, you can get 3 laps of FM5, 4 on FM6. You’ll be easily in first by Indianapolis. On RM’s, it still has some grip in light to moderate rain (so you don’t have to tip toe as bad as the AI to the pits). Such a smooth money-maker. 👍

Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo '91 - 700PP - Racing Hard tires - All Tracks - SWAP - 1.34
SWAP: H25A-Escudo (Suzuki Escudo Pikes Peak Special)

Wide Body

Rims Up to you - Rim Width Wide - Offset Wide

Front A - Side A - Rear St - Wing Custom

I needed to use some extreme settings to make this car turn. 200kg rear ballast. No other way to add some front grip.
3:55 on Le Mans 3 laps , top 700PP road car on SPA ... You need to set the gearbox for each track. Due to the very peaky engine. Set 1st gear out the slower corner for a given track and the last gear for the top speed on this given track. Spread 2d /3d and 4th between heavenly.

View attachment 1260857View attachment 1260858View attachment 1260859View attachment 1260860

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.
Excellent. Thanks.

Back