PRAIANO'S TUNES : SETTINGS FOR GT7

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 11,930 comments
Hi Praiano, no doubt it's pathetic but I'm struggling with the red bull competition cafe menu, handling of your tune is perfect but is there anything you could do to the transmission to make it a touch faster as when I'm in first place the other cars later in the races are catching up to me, I can't seem to gain more than a 3.5 second lead which they seem to gain on me... If you can help would be great, thankyou in advance my friend and thanks for all your continued amazing tunes pal 😁😎
There will be a compromise between grip x top speed.
You can gain top speed without messing the overall balance if you low front and rear downforce same amount , but you will lose grip.
For the gearbox , you can set it shorter or wider the best way using final gear , to fit the top speed reached on the track you'll race.
Myself i prefer to gain time and position using grip. All the 5 of Red Bull events are needing grip. My car always have at least the same top speed as the leader , but a lot more grip .
Up to you.

Bugatti VGT Gr1 - 800PP - Racing Hard Tires - Sardegna - 1.34

View attachment 1261095View attachment 1261096View attachment 1261097View attachment 1261098

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.
Thank you for this. It woke mine up nicely. I went from getting 1:41-1:43 laps to 1:35-1:36 consistently. I like it better than my Mclaren F1 TR as it brakes better. The F1 is faster in the striaghts but you have to brake earlier and it doesnt feel as smooth through the corners.

For anyone who is looking for a car for the Spa 1 hr. race on the current Weekly Challenge, I highly recommend @praiano63 's tune for the Ferrari Enzo '02, found here. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/praianos-tunes-settings-for-gt7.404868/post-13864211

Only thing I did is change it to RM tires. It still has plenty of grip and you can then bump the ECU up to 90 and Power Restrictor off (to 100)

The car has excellent tire wear and fuel consumption compared to the typical Gr. 3 cars that run the race. I was able to get 8 laps at FM4, with very little tire wear on the RM tires.

I lapped every car in the field for an easy win, and the car is a pleasure to drive.

For anyone who is looking for a car for the Spa 1 hr. race on the current Weekly Challenge, I highly recommend @praiano63 's tune for the Ferrari Enzo '02, found here. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/praianos-tunes-settings-for-gt7.404868/post-13864211

Only thing I did is change it to RM tires. It still has plenty of grip and you can then bump the ECU up to 90 and Power Restrictor off (to 100)

The car has excellent tire wear and fuel consumption compared to the typical Gr. 3 cars that run the race. I was able to get 8 laps at FM4, with very little tire wear on the RM tires.

I lapped every car in the field for an easy win, and the car is a pleasure to drive.
Sweet. I think I'm going to give this a shot right now. I have only done the full hour of Spa maybe 5 times. 3 of those attempts were this week when it was added to the weekly challenges, and in the first 2 attempts, the weather and my timing of tire changes screwed me. I couldn't even get a podium finish on those, but on the third attempt, I took 1st.

I used the Peugeot 908 detuned to 800PP and it won by 2 laps. There is a Praiano tune for it under GR1.

Hi Praiano, have you ever bought the 300SL W194? The car is a real beauty, especially in VR, but it’s a nightmare to drive, nervous and unpredictable. I think it’s much better the ‘normal’ 300SL!
I don’t know how to solve its problems 😓 than for now it’s a twenty million credits waste…

If we have a Sophy update before the end of the year , like they say around here , we will have perfect , fun and performant races in GT. No need of online lobby for fun or training.
Like iv've writen in another thread "They just have to redifine track limits in an understable way for all the circuits and turn it scalable for every level of player.".
For the stupid gas consumption for road cars , there is no way to fix it, only short shifting and Fuel mode . PD have to fix this . No way that a powerfull early 80's 90's waste half or more less fuel than actuals moderns cars.

Sadly it is not going to come as a replacement for the current AI, it has been datamined to be some sort of ingame events.
You will race against it and with it, that's why they promoted it as "a friend you can learn from" and so on. The normal AI will still be the same, just some special events for Sophy with 1 car to race against/with.

So they will lost a lot of GTplayers for others game. I'm already tired to play , i think that the end of the year will be the deadline of my maximum interest for GT7 for me.
Since this convo happened back at the beginning of Aug. 2022, I'm happy that you are still here with us. I have only been playing GT since late July and discovered this thread a couple of months ago. But curious to see what are your thoughts now. Do you see light at the end of the tunnel or should newer players like myself be concerned about the state of GT? I'm hopeful that the VR headset that you will get soon will brighten the experience even more for you.

Mazda LM VGT (Gr11) - 950PP - Racing Soft Tires - All Track - 1.41
Fit to all GR1 Prototype series races.

View attachment 1314212View attachment 1314213
gran-turismo%C2%AE-7_20231224175342-jpg.1314214
View attachment 1314215

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
How do you get medium turbo on it bro

It's not available for that car , thats why I'm asking how bro
You're attempting it with the wrong car. There is a Mazda LM55 VGT and a LM55 VGT (Gr.1). I made a similar mistake before and took me way too long to figure out what the problem was. lol

Last edited:
Back to report that was a humbling experience. I was flying off the track so much that I restarted the first lap numerous times and eventually went back to Praiano's original tune because too much power and speed seemed to contribute to my issue. I was determined to stick it out after that though because I want to be driving more of my Ferraris. Well, I did the full hour and the first pit stop was after 7 laps to be one of the first ones to change tires before the incoming rain. Put on IMs but the rain that came in was worthy of Heavy Wets. That next lap I could have improved by 15 positions if I put on Heavy Wet but the IM did improve me by 10 spots even though I still went off course twice in that next lap. But then I made the colossal mistake of choosing the same Racing Soft tires that I started the race with on my next pit stop when it appeared that the course was drying up. Because that same heavy ass rain came right back after my pit stop. Finished 9th. Doh!

Back to report that was a humbling experience. I was flying off the track so much that I restarted the first lap numerous times and eventually went back to Praiano's original tune because too much power and speed seemed to contribute to my issue. I was determined to stick it out after that though because I want to be driving more of my Ferraris. Well, I did the full hour and the first pit stop was after 7 laps to be one of the first ones to change tires before the incoming rain. Put on IMs but the rain that came in was worthy of Heavy Wets. That next lap I could have improved by 15 positions if I put on Heavy Wet but the IM did improve me by 10 spots even though I still went off course twice in that next lap. But then I made the colossal mistake of choosing the same Racing Soft tires that I started the race with on my next pit stop when it appeared that the course was drying up. Because that same heavy ass rain came right back after my pit stop. Finished 9th. Doh!
IMs are pretty useless in GT7, if you plan to grind a lot at Spa and Le Mans, it has to be heavy wets.

MSZ
IMs are pretty useless in GT7, if you plan to grind a lot at Spa and Le Mans, it has to be heavy wets.

Sorry but i disagree with you on that .
I never use heavy wets ,just adapt my speed to get it done safely.
In La Sarthe doesn't happens often but at Spa rain can hit again and mess things up badly.
At Spa there's a law for me that i never brake , don't rush to change tyres .
Did this twice lately bringing down Maestro's Bugatti VGT gr1 , FM4 for 13 laps and if rain come late i can finish it keeping intermediates on .

Last edited:
Ferrari 512 BB '76 - 600PP - Sport Medium tires - All around
Excelent car well balanced , I've put a few ballast at the front , just to give stability during quick changes of direction at high speed. Like "Eau rouge" , the car wer very difficult to controll and it was maintain the maximum speed . But , the good MR behaviors are still there. Very fast 600PP , top 5 more or less in this range . All are very close talking about performance.

Rims size 16" - Rim Width Wide - Offset ST

Front B
Side B
Wing A

I love this livery , when you select one , there is no information about who did this. If somebody know the person who did this livery , give him my compliments. Bravo.

View attachment 1138261View attachment 1138262View attachment 1138263View attachment 1138264

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
My wish for the new year, an update for this beautiful car :cheers:

@onedjyoulike sorry to hear about your frustrating experience at Spa. I've had a couple like that as well.

First of all, welcome to the forum. I discovered this forum many years ago back in the GT5 days. It was a wealth of information to help me get my bearings when I was brand new to sim racing, and I met some pretty cool people here along the way.

It wasn't long before I discovered that @praiano63 is the true maestro when it comes to tuning, and I'm so glad he's still around in GT7 to add to our collective enjoyment of the game with his great tunes.

Back to Spa, this is one of my key go-to grinds when I want to make a lot of credits. It definitely taught me how to race in the rain!

Just a few words of advice. First, never use RS tires, unless it's for your 1st stint before the rain. I will usually choose a car that maxes out its 800pp tune on RM tires (if the tune is RS you can just switch it to RM and add back some power). There are many cars with RM and RH tires that do very well on this event. Also, IM and Wets both work. I usually look at the weather map and if there's lots of yellow and green, I use wets; otherwise, IMs. Just be careful in that they wear out very quickly after the track dries up so you can't stay out too long on them after that. Once you come back on the track and it's half-wet, half-dry, make sure to stay on the dry portion (easier said than done sometimes, and I've had several wipeouts from not following this advice! But it does follow the preferred racing line so it's good practice :) ). After it rains, I generally run on RH tires for the remaining of the race even if I started on RMs.

Finally, if you haven't tried it yet, Praiano's tune for the Audi RS 5 Turbo DTM '19 is one of the easiest to win this race, and really fits Spa like a glove. It's one of my favorites on this track and for this race.

Hope this helps. Enjoy! This race can be an easy way to make credits and the weather adds some variety to the grind.

Sorry but i disagree with you on that .
I never use heavy wets ,just adapt my speed to get it done safely.
In La Sarthe doesn't happens often but at Spa rain can hit again and mess things up badly.
At Spa there's a law for me that i never brake , don't rush to change tyres .
Did this twice lately bringing down Maestro's Bugatti VGT gr1 , FM4 for 13 laps and if rain come late i can finish it keeping intermediates on .
For that guy I responded to, he clearly didn't know how to deal with IMs, heavy wets are definitely better in that case. If you find IMs suitable for your driving style, all powers to you.

@onedjyoulike sorry to hear about your frustrating experience at Spa. I've had a couple like that as well.

First of all, welcome to the forum. I discovered this forum many years ago back in the GT5 days. It was a wealth of information to help me get my bearings when I was brand new to sim racing, and I met some pretty cool people here along the way.

It wasn't long before I discovered that @praiano63 is the true maestro when it comes to tuning, and I'm so glad he's still around in GT7 to add to our collective enjoyment of the game with his great tunes.

Back to Spa, this is one of my key go-to grinds when I want to make a lot of credits. It definitely taught me how to race in the rain!

Just a few words of advice. First, never use RS tires, unless it's for your 1st stint before the rain. I will usually choose a car that maxes out its 800pp tune on RM tires (if the tune is RS you can just switch it to RM and add back some power). There are many cars with RM and RH tires that do very well on this event. Also, IM and Wets both work. I usually look at the weather map and if there's lots of yellow and green, I use wets; otherwise, IMs. Just be careful in that they wear out very quickly after the track dries up so you can't stay out too long on them after that. Once you come back on the track and it's half-wet, half-dry, make sure to stay on the dry portion (easier said than done sometimes, and I've had several wipeouts from not following this advice! But it does follow the preferred racing line so it's good practice :) ). After it rains, I generally run on RH tires for the remaining of the race even if I started on RMs.

Finally, if you haven't tried it yet, Praiano's tune for the Audi RS 5 Turbo DTM '19 is one of the easiest to win this race, and really fits Spa like a glove. It's one of my favorites on this track and for this race.

Hope this helps. Enjoy! This race can be an easy way to make credits and the weather adds some variety to the grind.
It does and I appreciate any tips. I realized one thing I should start doing more often is to time trial the vehicle on the track before I jump straight into a one-hour race. After the failure I had with Enzo, I purchased the Jaguar XJR9 and took that and the Porche 919 Hybrid on time trials and ended up going with the 919 Hybrid. I felt like that was my best win yet with the CRB, even though I forgot to check the gap. But I was comfortably in P1 for the whole 2nd half of the race. I will check out the Audi for sure.

Does the tune make it turn easier? Because at stock settings it turns like a cruise ship on wheels.

MSZ
For that guy I responded to, he clearly didn't know how to deal with IMs, heavy wets are definitely better in that case. If you find IMs suitable for your driving style, all powers to you.
Best tires for rain condition are according to the 3 levels . 1st racing tires are still ok / 2d Inter are the best option / 3d Heavy rain tires are needed for best performance. Every level/ barrier limit is really accurate. Just my 2 cents.

It does and I appreciate any tips. I realized one thing I should start doing more often is to time trial the vehicle on the track before I jump straight into a one-hour race. After the failure I had with Enzo, I purchased the Jaguar XJR9 and took that and the Porche 919 Hybrid on time trials and ended up going with the 919 Hybrid. I felt like that was my best win yet with the CRB, even though I forgot to check the gap. But I was comfortably in P1 for the whole 2nd half of the race. I will check out the Audi for sure.
Good call on the time trial first. Since they added the Sophy races, if I jump in a new car I race one of those with it first to get the hang of the car.

I just finally did the Spa race with Praiano's new McLaren Race Car '97 tune that he updated recently - what a beast! Lapped the field twice! This car is now tied with the Audi for my favorite here.

Attachments

• spa800.jpeg
    spa800.jpeg
    85.2 KB · Views: 7
Ferrrari 250 GTO '62 - 600PP - Sport Soft tires - Nordscleife/All track - 1.41

Rear wing on.
I use the stock rims , in my opinion they are a lot more performant. Why ? i don't know. No logic. But the front end mainly is more grippy with stock wheels.

This my faster 600PP on Nordschleife against my road cars (Out of the bugged cars like Ford Mustang Boss or Suzuki Cappuccini). Don't overdrive the car , if not it can be a few nasty sometime.

Gran Turismo® 7_20231231140547.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20231231140601.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20231231140612.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20231231140626.jpg

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back