PRAIANO'S TUNES : SETTINGS FOR GT7

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 11,937 comments
Happy New Year Master, can you check gearbox for this car?
I have it exactly at 700p and only 6901/rpm
I can't check anymore. I have 2 cars , 1 with engine swap and the other original engine but with all engine tuning options ... Can't go back without buying a new car.
Anyway , the gearbox is generic for "All track" so to fit your track you'll have to adapt it. You can use the final gear without messing the rest.
Happy New Year :cheers:
Happy new year :cheers::cheers::gtpflag:
I'm a little confused. I can do the setup above with 100% on the ECU output and power restrictor and no ballast and I'm at 786.14.

I noticed my muffler says "Racing Muffler" and yours says "Racing". I'm running GT7. Is this a different version?
Try High RPM Turbo
Racing medium
Downforce 500 1600
Ballast 109 at -50
You'll have 987 HP 720 ft/lb torque normally

For Sardegna 800PP you'll need more top speed and 1st gear to fit the track.

Ferrrari 250 GTO '62 - 600PP - Sport Soft tires - Nordscleife/All track - 1.41

Rear wing on.
I use the stock rims , in my opinion they are a lot more performant. Why ? i don't know. No logic. But the front end mainly is more grippy with stock wheels.

This my faster 600PP on Nordschleife against my road cars (Out of the bugged cars like Ford Mustang Boss or Suzuki Cappuccini). Don't overdrive the car , if not it can be a few nasty sometime.

View attachment 1315609View attachment 1315610View attachment 1315611View attachment 1315612

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
Happy New Year! Does this tune use the widebody option on the car?

I can't check anymore. I have 2 cars , 1 with engine swap and the other original engine but with all engine tuning options ... Can't go back without buying a new car.
Anyway , the gearbox is generic for "All track" so to fit your track you'll have to adapt it. You can use the final gear without messing the rest.

Happy new year :cheers::cheers::gtpflag:
Thanks, I've now tried to make a setting for the Nordschleife. I'm not a professional, what can I do better? I'm sure your gearbox belongs in your 800 PP variant.

Attachments

• 1000014493.jpg
    1000014493.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 12
Ferrrari 250 GTO '62 - 600PP - Sport Soft tires - Nordscleife/All track - 1.41

Rear wing on.
I use the stock rims , in my opinion they are a lot more performant. Why ? i don't know. No logic. But the front end mainly is more grippy with stock wheels.

This my faster 600PP on Nordschleife against my road cars (Out of the bugged cars like Ford Mustang Boss or Suzuki Cappuccini). Don't overdrive the car , if not it can be a few nasty sometime.

View attachment 1315609View attachment 1315610View attachment 1315611View attachment 1315612

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
Happy New Year everyone!:gtpflag:

To start off 2024 I decided to give the GTO a try at the Tokyo rain/endurance event. What a blast!!

It was so fun to throw this car around that track and see how differently handles in the wet and dry conditions. The car is very fast and it was an easy win.

Finished at 26:47, 41 seconds ahead of the field, and that includes getting used to the car on this track at the beginning. Definitely room for improvement. Fastest lap was 2:08.3, so I expect with another attempt or two, laps in the 2:07s are possible, and definitely for the faster drivers out there.

This really is a beautiful tune. Once you get a feel for the car, you find that it's very responsive, and you know exactly what will happen with every input you give it. As @praiano63 said, the key is to not overdrive it. Smooth inputs will be rewarded.

@Tommy_D I know you're a big fan of the Tokyo event. If you have this car in your garage and haven't tried with it, I suspect you'll enjoy it.

Now I think I need to take it out on the 'Ring :)

What a great way to start the year!

There is 2 LM55 VGT , i only have the GR1 that have medium turbo available. Perhaps the other one don't have it , i don't know.
No the other does not have turbo , but no problem . I'm very grateful for your time with these tunes it helps me alot . Thank you again

Happy New Year @praiano63

Your setups are awesome. Love it

I would be really happy if there were more builds for "Nordschleife".

For time trials and fun.

I know it takes a lot of time to produce such builds.

Wish cars:
BMW M2, Nismo GT-R GT3, BMW M6 GT3 endurance model'16 and so one.

Have a great 2024, stay healthy and only the best

Happy New Year @praiano63

Your setups are awesome. Love it

I would be really happy if there were more builds for "Nordschleife".

For time trials and fun.

I know it takes a lot of time to produce such builds.

Wish cars:
BMW M2, Nismo GT-R GT3, BMW M6 GT3 endurance model'16 and so one.

Have a great 2024, stay healthy and only the best
Most of my "All track" settings are tested on Nordschleife.
Problem with Time attack settings is that they are to extremes . It's almost impossible for me to finish a single lap . Top world drivers are able to race with such extremes cars. Not me. Because of this i'm looking for safe and fast settings for online or offline racing for most of the players.
When very a few times the game offer this kind of events , i always try to do build a car for it. Of course qhen they allow open settings and tuning.

Most of my "All track" settings are tested on Nordschleife.
Problem with Time attack settings is that they are to extremes . It's almost impossible for me to finish a single lap . Top world drivers are able to race with such extremes cars. Not me. Because of this i'm looking for safe and fast settings for online or offline racing for most of the players.
When very a few times the game offer this kind of events , i always try to do build a car for it. Of course qhen they allow open settings and tuning.
Hi

Thank you very much for your quick reply.

Wouldn't have needed such a quick reply :-). Appreciate it very much.

I am a normal Gran Turismo racer and not on the high level of Sim Racer.

So far I have been able to master and drive all your setups that I have used very well. It's great fun.

That's good information about the "All Tracks Setups". I didn't know that you test almost all of them on the Nordschleife.

Does the GT version actually play a role in the setups? Not that much has changed now, has it?

Kind regards

Hi

Thank you very much for your quick reply.

Wouldn't have needed such a quick reply :-). Appreciate it very much.

I am a normal Gran Turismo racer and not on the high level of Sim Racer.

So far I have been able to master and drive all your setups that I have used very well. It's great fun.

That's good information about the "All Tracks Setups". I didn't know that you test almost all of them on the Nordschleife.

Does the GT version actually play a role in the setups? Not that much has changed now, has it?

Kind regards
I'm talking about no limit Time attack settings. Top drivers let the rear end insanely unstable with a very low rear downforce for exemple together with some other radiicals settings options . To much on the edge for me and a lot of normals GT players. Very very hard to master ...... but some very few can do this.

Weird and half broken indeed! I’m glad you said that - thought it was my driving 🤪

I'll save for a Chiron while I have an invite..

Thank you Laurent 🙏
Yea the Veyron 16.4 is the invite-only one. The Bugattis are an amazing drive and cockpit! Well worth it. I messed up though and procrastinated when I had the Bugatti invite when I got it not even 2 months into playing and it has yet to come back. But between the 2 VGT cars and the Chiron, I have put a decent amount of miles on them and found them all quite enjoyable.

For any beginners coming across this thread, the regular Bugatti VGT was my first and most used car to grind Sardegna doing a one-stop pit stop. I still believe you won't find a more beginner-friendly drive and strategy to guarantee a win with a clean race bonus. I was using auto transmission with the default assist settings. I've since learned that with expert tuning, the right tires, and little to no assist settings, you can manage your shifting and driving technique to get the fastest lap times and the best fuel consumption. But with the Bugatti VGT, you just needed to drive decently and start with Fuel Map 1 for laps 1-5. For laps 6 and 7, I would switch to FM4. I would pit after lap 7 and switch to FM6 as I was pulling into the pit. For laps 8-11, I would stay in FM6 and then switch back to FM1 after that to finish the last 3 laps strong.

Yea the Veyron 16.4 is the invite-only one. The Bugattis are an amazing drive and cockpit! Well worth it. I messed up though and procrastinated when I had the Bugatti invite when I got it not even 2 months into playing and it has yet to come back. But between the 2 VGT cars and the Chiron, I have put a decent amount of miles on them and found them all quite enjoyable.

For any beginners coming across this thread, the regular Bugatti VGT was my first and most used car to grind Sardegna doing a one-stop pit stop. I still believe you won't find a more beginner-friendly drive and strategy to guarantee a win with a clean race bonus. I was using auto transmission with the default assist settings. I've since learned that with expert tuning, the right tires, and little to no assist settings, you can manage your shifting and driving technique to get the fastest lap times and the best fuel consumption. But with the Bugatti VGT, you just needed to drive decently and start with Fuel Map 1 for laps 1-5. For laps 6 and 7, I would switch to FM4. I would pit after lap 7 and switch to FM6 as I was pulling into the pit. For laps 8-11, I would stay in FM6 and then switch back to FM1 after that to finish the last 3 laps strong.
When you say regular Bugatti VGT, do you mean not the Gr1?

I bought a Chiron, tuned her up, and… she drives like a whale. Maybe I’m missing something 🤷‍♂️

'71 AMG Mercedes 300 SEL 6.8L
Good sir,
Thank you for sharing your tuning skills. You've been invaluable as I've progressed through GT7 and are always the 1st resource I check when I begin tuning a new addition to my garage.
I do miss your input on tunes for dirt races/group B cars but again, I remain grateful for all your work.
Today I acquired the '71 AMG Mercedes 300 SEL 6.8L. Have you worked with this car yet? Anything you might have re: this car would be much appreciated. Tunes, track notes, personal thoughts and opinions... anything you can share. Thanks again Priaino. You're the man! Happy New Year!

Last edited:
'71 AMG Mercedes 300 SEL 6.8L
Good sir,
Thank you for sharing your tuning skills. You've been invaluable as I've progressed through GT7 and are always the 1st resource I check when I begin tuning a new addition to my garage.
I do miss your input on tunes for dirt races/group B cars but again, I remain grateful for all your work.
Today I acquired the '71 AMG Mercedes 300 SEL 6.8L. Have you worked with this car yet? Anything you might have re: this car would be much appreciated. Tunes, track notes, personal thoughts and opinions... anything you can share. Thanks again Priaino. You're the man! Happy New Year!
Hello. Yes i have an old setting Mercedes 300 SEL HERE but perhaps need an update.
I never drive on dirt in GT7 , even since GT2 or GT3 when it was still very fun. Not yet. I have a Group B Impreza in my garage for tarmac Subaru WRX Gr.B Rally Car - 700 PP - Racing Hard tires - All Track - 1.34 , generally i don't like the way they drive so no settings.
I like to set my cars on Suzuka , Nordschleife , SPA , Daytona for GR3 , Watkins glen , Brand hatch and Alsace for low PP road cars , and of course Tsukuba .
Happy new years.

Hello. Yes i have an old setting Mercedes 300 SEL HERE but perhaps need an update.
I never drive on dirt in GT7 , even since GT2 or GT3 when it was still very fun. Not yet. I have a Group B Impreza in my garage for tarmac Subaru WRX Gr.B Rally Car - 700 PP - Racing Hard tires - All Track - 1.34 , generally i don't like the way they drive so no settings.
I like to set my cars on Suzuka , Nordschleife , SPA , Daytona for GR3 , Watkins glen , Brand hatch and Alsace for low PP road cars , and of course Tsukuba .
Happy new years.
Haha yes, dirt cars favor not just different skills, but demand a completely different mindset from those common in road racing, especially the very short dirt races here on GT7. My background includes racing on short (1/4-1/3 mile) American dirt ovals in lower division home-built sportsman series stock cars. There's no feeling like kicking out the back of the car going into a corner with a flick of the wheel and a throttle blip, then catching the slide with backsteering and driving through the rest of the corner steering with your right foot. I hadn't felt that in 30 years till a day or 2 ago. I finally got a TM Lancer tuned well enough for a podium finish at Fisherman's Wharf. Not a 1st place win - yet, but brother..
my hands were shaking and I was babbling like a 12 yr old when I got out of my seat! Haha!!! Now THAT was fun!

Last edited:
I'm tackling the last two weekly challenge races tonight. I'm using the McLaren F1 GTR race car ... Has anyone done them with this? What fm did you use?

I bought a Chiron, tuned her up, and… she drives like a whale. Maybe I’m missing something 🤷‍♂️
You can use the regular (road car) VGT to 800pp by setting the ballast to 200kg at -13 and then adjust the ECU and power to 70 and adjust the downforce accordingly. It's a decent ride but I like the gr 1 version better.

The Chiron is decent at 700pp but only gets 2 laps at FM6 on Lemans. I didn't like driving it at 800.

Last edited:

So I have the GR.1 tuned up for 950pp with Praiano's tune found in this thread. But I was grinding Sardegna at least 1-2 months before finding this thread with the other Bugatti VGT that is not labeled with the GR.1. I watched some video on YouTube and the adjustments needed were quick and easy. It did not take long at all to master grabbing a first place finish with CRB nearly 100% of the time. Only times I wouldn't were if I zoned out and forgot to pit or manage fuel properly. Fun fact is there was a single working model made in real life. And it is the only VGT car to be sold. 1st to a Saudi prince and then he sold it to a business man from California. It holds the title for the fastest turbo charged car in the game.

Attachments

• 18ccedd89b524-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18ccedd89b524-screenshotUrl.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 18cceddcb5a17-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18cceddcb5a17-screenshotUrl.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 13
  • 18ccede0b5592-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18ccede0b5592-screenshotUrl.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 12
MSZ
For that guy I responded to, he clearly didn't know how to deal with IMs, heavy wets are definitely better in that case. If you find IMs suitable for your driving style, all powers to you.
Actually I use to only buy Heavy Wets in the beginning when I started driving Le Mans. I have exclusively been buying IMs for 2 months of driving Le Mans because they are actually more useful than Heavy Wets there. Very rare does it monsoon heavy rain on the 24 hour event. I have learned that Spa is a different animal and you should come equipped with both. I don't know where you made the assumption I don't know how to deal with IMs, but I think most skilled players will disagree with your comment that IMs are useless in this game. If you watch any World Series event that should tell you how false that statement is.

I'm tackling the last two weekly challenge races tonight. I'm using the McLaren F1 GTR race car ... Has anyone done them with this? What fm did you use?
I used this car, no problem winning, I even took 1 lap to all the drivers. For fuel, I believe in FM4, it's up to you, but I did 12 laps with a full tank. In this race, it's all about managing the tires well when it rains. ;)

Actually I use to only buy Heavy Wets in the beginning when I started driving Le Mans. I have exclusively been buying IMs for 2 months of driving Le Mans because they are actually more useful than Heavy Wets there. Very rare does it monsoon heavy rain on the 24 hour event. I have learned that Spa is a different animal and you should come equipped with both. I don't know where you made the assumption I don't know how to deal with IMs, but I think most skilled players will disagree with your comment that IMs are useless in this game. If you watch any World Series event that should tell you how false that statement is.
If your skillset is comparable to those absolute top players you mentioned, you wouldn't have been struggled with IMs at Spa and you wouldn't made that post in the first place. Heavy rains do appear in my races quite regularly so to me IMs are indeed useless.

MSZ
If your skillset is comparable to those absolute top players you mentioned, you wouldn't have been struggled with IMs at Spa and you wouldn't made that post in the first place. Heavy rains do appear in my races quite regularly so to me IMs are indeed useless.
I never claimed my skills to be more than they were. In fact I stated I was humbled by that particular race. You got defensive when someone disagreed with your general assessment about IM tires and then tried to backtrack and act like your comment was due to the fact that I don't know how to handle the different wet tires. Just pointing out this is a pot calling the kettle black scenario. Highly annoying when people are just helping each other out in the thread and then someone feels the need to state a negative opinion that brings nothing to the conversation. And if anyone disagrees they choose to deflect and not own up to their opinion.

Last edited:
Ferrari F40 '92 - 700PP - Racing Hard Tires - All track - 1.25

Front St - Side St - Rear St - Wing A

View attachment 1202681View attachment 1202682View attachment 1202683View attachment 1202684

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.
Finally got this car and couldn't find a non-swap tune from you. So I found someone else's tune to try that out. But just before I was about to head off and give that a shot I found this. I know it is due to the outdated version why you don't have it linked anymore. But I tried it anyways with my only difference being I also had Polish parts. I loved this so much that I've won a couple races with it already and have yet to try the tune from the other user I found.

So I have the GR.1 tuned up for 950pp with Praiano's tune found in this thread. But I was grinding Sardegna at least 1-2 months before finding this thread with the other Bugatti VGT that is not labeled with the GR.1. I watched some video on YouTube and the adjustments needed were quick and easy. It did not take long at all to master grabbing a first place finish with CRB nearly 100% of the time. Only times I wouldn't were if I zoned out and forgot to pit or manage fuel properly. Fun fact is there was a single working model made in real life. And it is the only VGT car to be sold. 1st to a Saudi prince and then he sold it to a business man from California. It holds the title for the fastest turbo charged car in the game.
Thanks, I might try that tune. Bugatti Gr1 is prob my favourite all-round car, but I’ve found the straight VGT disappointing in comparison.

Back