[PRC] PTCC Parity Touring Car Championship • Amarynceos is Champion!Finished 

• Thread starter Tijee
  • 333 comments
@Cu3e , I had a quick go with the Volvo just out of curiousity. I threw a setup on it similar to what I'm using on the Peugeot. It could use some refinement but with 330 hp I did a 26.4 on the first flyer at Motegi, followed by a 26.1, so it might be worth looking at. Full disclosure: I'm not a setup whiz, someone who knows what they're doing might look at this and laugh. :lol:

Full Weight reduction -> 1,171 kg
Racing Mediums
20 Rear Downforce

Suspension
90/95
5.5/4.5
5/4
4/5
7/1*
0.0/0.0
-0.20/+0.10
Racing Brakes 3/3 (abs 0)
Triple Plate Clutch
LSD 10/20/20

Power:
Stage 1 Engine
Racing Exhaust
High RPM Turbo
96% limiter --> 330 hp

Transmission
Final -> 5.000
Max Speed -> 112
Set Gears:
1) 2.673
2) 2.114
3) 1.709
4) 1.415
5) 1.202
6) 1.025
Set final to suit track (about 3.7 for Motegi, gives about 138 mph/222kph)

*Front ARB could be lowered a bit to improve slow-speed corner entry but it'll hurt you in the sweepers. I was running 5 instead of 7 on the Peugeot as a compromise.

My mid corner speeds were 1-2 mph down on what I got out of the Peugeot but the Volvo really powers out nicely. Top speed with this setup was only about 1mph faster down the straight than my Peugeot.

@amarynceos thanks man!

I started building the car but I don't get yor gear ratios... I switched to mph but my transmission from 1st gear starts from 5.812 it does't go as low as your specs. Setting up my own gears for now. Otherwise your tune. Testing in a minute 👍

Edit: I was 2 seconds slower at Motegi with that tune. I needed stage 1 engine tune and few minor tweaks to make it feel my way but having now 38hp less than on race night and no limitter at all. Feeling good about this car now :)

Last edited:
Did you reset your transmission first? (I should have said that originally. :P ) I think it's just the standard transmission flip. It's key to do it all in the right order. For instance, I absent-mindedly set top speed to minimum first, then final gear to maximum, adjusted my gears, and ended up with a gearbox that wouldn't go much over 120 mph when stretched out as much as possible. XD

Anyway, if my crude setup helped even a little bit, I'm satisfied. :)👍

Gentlemen, next week we'll be back in England for an exciting round at Silverstone.

The weather is expected to be unstable by the end of the day so we may have some rain, but hopefully the track should be dry at the time of the race (understand "the track will be dry" ;)).

The official event is up here if you want to have a look at the race settings. If you plan to take part, please enter this event so we can have an idea of the attendance.

Track: Silverstone National
Surface Water: 0%
Weather: 50% (may rain, but the surface water will still be fixed at 0%)
Capped time: 1'00.000

I have tested with most of the cars and the capped time seems OK to me, but if someone is struggling to reach it, feel free to tell me.

Rules update

After some testing at Silverstone, I was thinking of clarifying the rules about corner cutting and run-off areas (as Silverstone has much of them). We all make mistakes so I didn't want an unfair "all or nothing" rule. On the other hand I wanted an unambiguous rule, easy to understand and to apply.

Thus, here is what you guys need to remember about corner cutting and run-off areas:

1. Lap time

Most of the time, cutting a corner of running wide in a run-off area will slow you down resulting in a slower lap time. If it does, well... too bad for you, but no need for a penalty. On the contrary, if it turns out that you got faster than the capped time, you'll get a penalty based on your lap time, as usual.

2. Overtaking

You must not cut a corner or use a run-off area in order to overtake or prevent from being overtaken. If an opponent is ahead of you or side by side in corner entry, and you run off or cut the corner, you must slow down to let your opponent overtake you as soon as possible. Any failure to do so will be punished with a 5s penalty.

3. Contact

If you got off track (less than 2 wheels on track), you must re-enter the track carefully. You don't have priority! Any contact with an opponent when re-entering the track will be considered as an unfair blocking and be punished with a 5s penalty.

In conclusion, with this set of rules, you are in some way "allowed" to cut corners or use run-off areas. You'll not be punished as long as you don't gain an unfair advantage from it. However, it is still considered as dirty (I mean ugly :eek:) and should be avoided as far as possible.

Thanks for your attention :)👍

Last edited:
I shall be running some testing tonight (somewhere between 8pm - 11pm BST), any one that is on check out the club lobby if you interested in joining in. :cheers:

Laters

Even at the risk of appearing as a complete douche... Promoting another club... There IS another Parity event tonight at 19:30BST. Seems waste to split good people in smaller groups 👍

@amarynceos is hosting here

Edit: few posts later @tarnheld gives specific instructions for newcomers :)

Yeah I've seen that and I've already told watermelon about my interest. However if I'm right, parity events are just a part of the series. Also you know how it goes, I've created my championship because I have a clear idea of what I'd like to see, thus I am not 100% satisfied with the other series. Don't get me wrong, most of them are very interesting and much more successful and better organized than mine, but they just don't totally fulfill me ;)

Also, last but not least, Friday night is the only time when I'm 100% available.

But I'm gonna gather more information, maybe we could combine our efforts in some way or another...

EDIT: It seems that they use 'Parity' for another meaning: they don't have capped time, they have capped cars... which could also be exciting, unfortunately I'm not available at that time :(

Last edited:
@Koempel @Ray P 89 @gkgamer @Cu3e @amarynceos @hobbsy @BooyakaDragon @lxmmy @FrankySmalls

Round 4 Reminder

BTCC-2013-Silverstone-Race-Start-carwitter.jpg

Careful at turn 1!
Hello all, tonight is the 4th Round of this PTCC season!

As usual, the room will open around 9:45pm GMT for the warm-up. The 5 minutes qualifying session will start at 10.15pm, followed by two races of 20 laps each. You will have a few minutes between the two races in case you need to adjust your setup. Don't be late, I will start on time (if ever you are late, you can still join the second race)!
  • Track: Silverstone National, surface water 0%, weather 50% (overcast sky, maybe rain).
  • Capped time: 1'00.000
  • Max. 380bhp
  • Min. 1100kg
  • RH/RM/RS tyres
  • All available aero parts required
  • Number plate required
  • All aids allowed
  • Do not cut corners and avoid contact

See you guys on track! :gtpflag:

Last edited:
Who's down for some action tonight then?

Obviously I am! :dopey:

- @lxmmy already told me that I could count him as a wildcard entry due to his work.
- @Koempel, @FrankySmalls and @Ray P 89 are not very active on this forum, I'm going to contact them in some other way.
- I have no news of @gkgamer and @BooyakaDragon.
- As @hobbsy and @amarynceos had a practice session, and @Cu3e said in another thread that he needed to have one before tonight, I feel fairly optimistic that you guys will be able to join :P

Anyway, we are getting short of recurring players. Which is too bad because I am convinced that, even more than in other series, parity racing can get very exciting with 8-10 players.

I am aware that 22:00 GMT is late for European players, unfortunately I don't have much free time slots. The best I can do is 21:30 GMT, if it can attract some other players, but chances are that it won't suit American players.

EDIT: @Ray P 89 will attend tonight :)👍

Last edited:
Same as usual, if I am not busy drooling on my pillow or snoring, I'll be there! 👍

Edit: 1am (CET+1) is bit late for me but I am not so active as I used to be so do not feel pressured to change anything for me.

Same as usual, if I am not busy drooling on my pillow or snoring, I'll be there! 👍

Edit: 1am (CET+1) is bit late for me but I am not so active as I used to be so do not feel pressured to change anything for me.

No pressure here, I just want as many players as possible. Unless it becomes a real problem I won't change the time until the end of this season. However, if we ever plan another season (I've already started working on!), we'll need a few more players to join, and maybe then I'll have to change the time.

And if so, I guess you'd be the first to benefit ;)

@unrealanthony We race every Friday at 22:00 GMT, I think it's 19:00 in Argentina. We'd be happy to welcome a new driver! :cheers:

Yesterday was an awesome race day, both races were very close, with exciting and clean battles!

Thanks to all who attended, I'll try to make some video footage soon! :)👍

Results will be published today or tomorrow... Expect some penalties, the standings is unpredictable! :D

Last edited:
Round 4 Results

PTCCS1R4.png

These results will become official on Monday.
Please PM me before then if you have complaints.

I am pretty sure these were the closest races I ever ran! There were a lot of battles, and the good thing is that they were clean battles! :)👍

My first race was over after I bumped @Cu3e. I was following him closely and tried to move to the left just before entering Brooklands, but I misjudged his breaking point and we had contact :scared: Spin. Lot of smoke. Burn smell. Sorry for that @Cu3e! Thus I didn't see well what happened at the head of the pack but I guess there was some action! :D

The second race was much better for me, I managed to stay 1st for one third of the race, then we all had awesome battles and @hobbsy finished first after a nice come back. I must say I had 20 laps of continual pressure, that was very exciting!

In both races the results were pretty close, and the penalties played a determining role in the final standings!

In the first race @hobbsy lost his 1st place because of his qualifier penalty, for the benefit of @amarynceos who didn't get any penalty, congrats! :)👍

In the second race @hobbsy managed to keep his 1st place despite two fast laps. @Ray P 89 had very fast laps in both races, some due to slipstream thus not taken into account, but even so there were huge penalties :guilty: This puts @amarynceos and I to the 3rd and 2nd place (I didn't have any penalty in this race).

BTW I'll never manage to get the fastest lap, I failed by .002 at the first race and .02 at the second one :banghead:

Next round will be in Japan, on the very short track of Tsukuba! Stay tuned for further information! :gtpflag:

Last edited:
Very good racing. :cheers:
Although the times were very consistent, due to running so close to the cap it was inevitable that we would go under. Kudos to @amarynceos for staying under the time in race 1 👍
I was quite annoyed to have dropped under the cap on the Qualifying, i knew i had a really good first part of the lap, and was keeping it in the bag should I mess up the last corner... guess i didn't though :lol: the lap before i was 7 tenths off!

Also i was amazed that I clawed my way back to the front, I was content with getting third spot back and it was unlucky that the sand trap also caught @Cu3e out (at the same spot as me), but having been handed the place back, and thus giving me a gap in time I thought I'd push as hard as it would go and see if I could get close. It looked like @amarynceos and @Ray P 89 were in a close fight for the win so there could be a chance if they tripped each other up enough!

For the second race, it was more of a waiting game. Having dropped some more HP, i was unsure if I would still have the speed on the straights, so keeping clean lines and momentum was key at the start, also my plan was to reserve the tyres as much as I could and attack at the end, I expected the Volvo and Civic to struggle more in the corners as the race went on, and it looked to pay off too :sly:

Great racing everyone, having just had some great racing this week at Tsukuba, I shall be looking forward to this one too.

Ill add some pics/vids if i get time too.

Laters

Standings up-to-date

We're mid-season now and things are getting very tight between @amarynceos and @hobbsy :)👍

Next event:

Track: Tsukuba
Surface Water: 0%
Weather: 0% (blue sky, yay!)
Capped time: 1'00.000

As usual, please tell me if something is wrong with the capped time. I've only tested with the DS3 and it's 🤬 hard to switch from the wheel to the DS3 :dunce:

See you guys!

Last edited:
Back