[PRC] PTCC Parity Touring Car Championship • Amarynceos is Champion!Finished 

• Thread starter Tijee
  • 333 comments
Ok, so I have just laid down a quick 10 lap session at Tsukuba, using the settings from Silverstone (where I had been dropping power several times as I improved).

My fastest lap was a 58.4, and am pretty confident I could get in the 57's.... so I would say the 1:00.00 cap is quite slow here at this track.

However, I know my car is pretty good in the corners, and this is the nature of this circuit, it's not a Horsepower race!

Would be good If someone else could have a try in the Volvo say... (cough cough @Cu3e) ;)

And see what the findings are from that car.

Yea I'd like to know the pace of @Cu3e, I've been just above 59s with the Volvo after a few laps, but if he's faster I can lower the capped time by 1s.

Did 3 laps with Silverstone tune. Very first lap was 0:59.969, second lap 0:59.046 and third lap 0:59.201

The car is bit unbalanced when braking. If I can fix that maybe 0:58.500 could be doable 👍

Edit: did 0:58.597 without tune changes

Last edited:
OK it's fine then, we'll stick with 1'00.000. Thanks for testing @Cu3e :)👍

Edit: unless you feel comfortable with a capped time of 0:59.000? You would not have much margin of error... Feel free to tell!

I've trimmed my Pug down to 230 hp, added a few kilos and still run the risk of going under the minute flat mark, running on RMs. I'm content with whatever works best for everybody. 👍

Personally I feel the 1:00.00 is too slow, especially if you consider the initial specification of the cars!

Howerver, there is room for the Alfa to be de-tuned further, and slowed down, so if it is agreed to stay at 60secs, I can Make it happen.

@Tijee it's your call bud.

I can post my Volvo tune. It's same tune that @amarynceos posted with bit more power and some camber added.

Saves my setup time if target time is set for my car :D

Yeah I'll try your setup. I'm not as fast as you though but still, it can help me to get better capped times!

You're still welcome to join if you wish :)👍

I don't really have a setup for PS3 racing anymore, and it's kinda hard to come back to the frame rate drops and screen tearing (things I was blissfully unaware of when I only played GT). Otherwise I'd be there!

@Cu3e , I had a quick go with the Volvo just out of curiousity. I threw a setup on it similar to what I'm using on the Peugeot. It could use some refinement but with 330 hp I did a 26.4 on the first flyer at Motegi, followed by a 26.1, so it might be worth looking at. Full disclosure: I'm not a setup whiz, someone who knows what they're doing might look at this and laugh. :lol:

Full Weight reduction -> 1,171 kg
Racing Mediums
20 Rear Downforce

Suspension
90/95
5.5/4.5
5/4
4/5
7/1*
0.0/0.0
-0.20/+0.10
Racing Brakes 3/3 (abs 0)
Triple Plate Clutch
LSD 10/20/20

Power:
Stage 1 Engine
Racing Exhaust
High RPM Turbo
96% limiter --> 330 hp

Transmission
Final -> 5.000
Max Speed -> 112
Set Gears:
1) 2.673
2) 2.114
3) 1.709
4) 1.415
5) 1.202
6) 1.025
Set final to suit track (about 3.7 for Motegi, gives about 138 mph/222kph)

*Front ARB could be lowered a bit to improve slow-speed corner entry but it'll hurt you in the sweepers. I was running 5 instead of 7 on the Peugeot as a compromise.

My mid corner speeds were 1-2 mph down on what I got out of the Peugeot but the Volvo really powers out nicely. Top speed with this setup was only about 1mph faster down the straight than my Peugeot.

Full Weight reduction -> 1,171 kg
Racing Mediums
20 Rear Downforce

Suspension
88/86
5.5/4.5
4/3
3/4
2/1 (I like them loose)
1.6/1.2
-0.07/+0.22

Racing Brakes 0/3 (abs 0)
Triple Plate Clutch
LSD 8/23/8

Power:
Stage 1 Engine
Racing Exhaust
High RPM Turbo
100% limiter --> 327 hp (?)

Transmission
(Something totally different. Never figured out how to get @amarynceos settings)
Max speed 174mph
Final gear: 2.350
Pretty much defaults I think...

I may tweak if I feel I need to change gear mid turn otherwise I don't bother...

I think I made @amarynceos 's tune worse but it feels more wild for my driving pleasure :D

Edit: seems I did not have oil change. It is 344hp now...

Last edited:
@Koempel @Ray P 89 @gkgamer @Cu3e @amarynceos @hobbsy @BooyakaDragon @lxmmy @FrankySmalls

Round 5 Reminder

url

Gentlemen, get in your car
Ladies (?!) and gentlemen, welcome to the 5th Round of this PTCC season!

The room will open around 21:45 GMT for the warm-up. The 5 minutes qualifying session will start at 22:15, followed by two races of 20 laps each. You will have a few minutes between the two races in case you need to adjust your setup. Don't be late, I will start on time (if ever you are late, you can still join the second race)!
  • Track: Tsukuba, surface water 0%, weather 0%
  • Capped time: 0'58.500
  • Max. 380bhp
  • Min. 1100kg
  • RH/RM/RS tyres
  • All available aero parts required
  • Number plate required
  • All aids allowed
  • Do not cut corners and avoid contact (especially on this track)

See you guys on track! :gtpflag:

Last edited:
Balls....! Didn't read the earlier threads properly, there I was last night trying to run 58's

:ouch: :banghead: :ouch:

Note to self...58.500!!!

Laters

Last edited:
Round 5 Results

PTCCS1R5.png

These results will become official on Monday.
Please PM me before then if you have any complaints.

Four drivers this time, but it was enough for a lot of action on the small, narrow circuit of Tsukuba! :)👍

Congrats to @amarynceos for the Pole Position. He managed to keep this advantage during the whole first race and had the victory while @hobbsy and I were fighting for the second place. I had a tough move that led @hobbsy to lose a lot of time and I waited for him (and incidentally for @Cu3e who was just behind him :D) to come back. Eventually I still managed to move up from 4th to 2nd place. There were some penalties but they did not change the result in this first race.

Speaking of penalties, congrats to @Cu3e who did not get a single lap under the capped time in both races! :)👍 It has been good for him in the second race: I was first since lap 5 or so, while my fellow opponents where battling in each corner, but I had two very fast laps (58.2xx and 58.3xx). I knew that it was about 4 seconds penalty, and I managed to be ahead by 5 seconds. But I 🤬 up the first turn of lap 19 and lost 2 seconds. The final gap was not enough to keep the first place, so...

Did I win? :D

Yes @Cu3e, you won the second race! :)👍

I thought I'd finish last because of my penalty, but @hobbsy had a fast lap too and finished a few tenths behind me.

Thank you guys, it was fun and clean as usual! :cheers:

For the next round, we'll go to @amarynceos's country, at the feared circuit of Laguna Seca! Stay tuned! :)👍

Last edited:
BTW this was the second race with RH tyres for me, I'm very happy with it. I'm just a little slower in corners but it allows me to have a few more HP to reach the capped time. Also I'm more consistent as they don't wear out as much as RS or RM, it's easier for the braking points.

Damn, was hoping that @amarynceos 's slipstream was the cause to my reduced laptime! :embarrassed:

Still good fun last night, it was hard work fighting against the quicker cars on the straights, but i managed to find opportunity to get past Amary in the last race.

I should have set the car up for Hards, but didn't have the time to change in the end.

Unfortunately my Sponsor's have some legal issues which do not allow me to enter the United States! So its sad to say I will not be on the grid for Laguna Seca :guilty:

Instead I shall be on a PR exercise in Italy promoting the Alfa brand, or just relaxing by a Lake, looking round a castle and generally soaking up some Sun ;)

Catch you all in a couple of weeks.

Laters

Damn, was hoping that @amarynceos 's slipstream was the cause to my reduced laptime! :embarrassed:

Nah I've checked twice and I really don't think that the slipstream was significant.

Too bad for the next week but seems that you'll be having some good time! ;)

Anyway, I'll see if we're at least 4, otherwise I'll postpone round 6 to the next week.

Last edited:
Round 6 Announcement

Guys, the next race day will take place at the Laguna Seca circuit, with a nice weather. I think 1'32.000 should make a good capped time but let me know if you can't reach it.

Last edited:
Rules update

We all have a social life and I cannot assume that everyone will attend every round. Thus, to be fair in the championship results, the overall standings will be calculated from your 6 best results of the 8 rounds. Therefore, it's no big deal if you miss a race from time to time ;)

This doesn't change the overall standings for now as we have not achieved 6 rounds yet.

Standings are up to date

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back