Preorder is delayed a weekend.

• Thread starter Tru
  • 10 comments

Tru

XAND3RSON
I'm kinda upset, I just found out that my GT:5P that I preorderded is going to arrive the 22nd. Has this happened to anyone else?

I know it's not much consolation but quite a few of us here in the UK had the same problem with our pre orders from Play.com

I, to be honest dont understand why they dont just do a world wide release. Let me ask you, if you had the choice, woul you have the game quicker but need to download an update a couple of times or would you rtaher wait a couple of months but need no updates? If it were me i would much much MUCH rather have the game a bit sooner.

I, to be honest dont understand why they dont just do a world wide release. Let me ask you, if you had the choice, woul you have the game quicker but need to download an update a couple of times or would you rtaher wait a couple of months but need no updates? If it were me i would much much MUCH rather have the game a bit sooner.

Its partly about supply and demand, china has 1.3 billion people, USA has 300 million, If PD does a world wide release the prices for the game would rise instantaneously to $50 USD or higher and it would be harder to find a copy or will take a long time to download the PSN version.

Making a video game is hard work especially PS3 games where on a GT5:P's average car has 200,000 polygons.

Its partly about supply and demand, china has 1.3 billion people, USA has 300 million, If PD does a world wide release the prices for the game would rise instantaneously to $50 USD or higher and it would be harder to find a copy or will take a long time to download the PSN version.

Actually the games are not pressed in the same factory's, each region has their own pressing factory's so a US release won't effect the PAL release at all. Unlike the console world release where all the consoles are made in the same places causing shortages.

The reason they are not released the same time is because they are controlled by different divisions of Sony (SCEA for the US, SCEE for EU etc) , and it is up to them to make it ready for their particular region an release it when they feel it's best.

Back