Prettiest car in the history of automotive

  • Thread starter Thread starter stiggylab17
  • 150 comments
  • 17,539 views
So a friend of mine owns a shop north of Detroit. While you think of Detroit itself as the broken city (it is) the suburbs north of Detroit are among the wealthiest in the world. Anyways, he routinely posts pictures of the cars his wealthy customers bring in for tuneups and repairs, and he recently posted this little gem, and I was floored by it's beauty. When discussing automotive beauty, it's easy to name of the Italians; Bugatti, Ferrari, Bizarinni, Alfa Romeo, Lancia, etc. But who here thinks....Peugeot? As I said, I was absolutely stunned at how beautiful this little car is:

1375838_10200275024353349_371357731_n.jpg


1393547_10200275025473377_316774279_n.jpg


1383685_10200275024793360_1669286506_n.jpg



On the subject of France, I'm surpised this has yet to be posted:

55citroen_ds19_09.jpg

72-Citroen-DS21-DV-10-CI_002.jpg



While the DS (prounced déesse, or Goddess in French) is certainly not conventionally beautiful in the way most of us think of cars, when you are able to remove yourself from the conventional way of looking at automotive design, the DS becomes utterly wonderful. It's something so different, yet so delicately beautiful. In a word, it's the French at their Frenchiest and very best. It's this sinuous amalgam of engineering, design, & art in a way no other culture can do.

Edit: Both of these were actually posted on page 4. I suppose I'm just elaborating on them :)
 
Last edited:
Pretty is a feminine term... when I think of a cars shape in relation to this, I think what the car would look like as a woman... a lot of the cars postred in here (Mustangs, modern Astons, F40, Zonda, F50) wouldn't be women I'd fancy... square jawed, angular, hard, aggressive :yuck:

This on the other hand, would be a woman I would marry...

250_gt_swb_berlinetta.jpg


Perfectly proportioned, delicate, soft flowing curves... and passionate ;)
 
…liable to breakdown at any moment and leave you wondering where all the cash went...
 
Citroen DS? - Chic maybe, but 'pretty'?

 
…liable to breakdown at any moment and leave you wondering where all the cash went...

:lol: yes, that would be the downside of marrying an expensive and temperamental Italian... but the definition was pretty, not reliable :D
 
Pretty is a feminine term... when I think of a cars shape in relation to this, I think what the car would look like as a woman... a lot of the cars postred in here (Mustangs, modern Astons, F40, Zonda, F50) wouldn't be women I'd fancy... square jawed, angular, hard, aggressive :yuck: This on the other hand, would be a woman I would marry... Perfectly proportioned, delicate, soft flowing curves... and passionate ;)

Hmm I agree with the sentiment, but to me this car isn't all that feminine, the hood scoop, the vents in the side, the long bonnet, the rear haunches... I know I went for a modern Aston, for reasons I may expand on later, but really an excessive proportion makes something less pretty, an overly long bonnet for example, it might make a car sexier, but, it at the same time it detracts from its elegance - like an attractive girl with a massive rack - her looks are dominated by one feature.

Pretty, to me is an even blend of elegance, sexy, handsome and simple features. I went for the Aston because it gets close to this mix, though ultimately something mid engined will most likely have a more evenly proportioned shape.
 
Surprised this hasn't been mentioned lol

mercedesbenz-mclaren-slr-stirling-moss-edition_83d8a.jpg


Always wanted to see one in person
 
cisitalia-1.jpg
 
2009-Aston-Martin-One-77-Front-Angle-Tilt-1280x960.jpg

Take the front of this (include the side intakes, please)
gallery7.jpg

And put it on this (remove the wing, please)

Add high revving (preferably TVR made) naturally aspirated V10, sprinkle in a killer interior, and enjoy.
 
I definetley agree with the Aston Martin's you posted.
 
This has got to be in the top 3 for me:

Jaguar-XJ220-1992-6.jpg


Jaguar XJ220
 
I think the BMW Z8 is gorgeous, can't wait to drive it in GT6.

BMW-Z8-001.jpg
 
The Z8 is indeed truly stunning. I was saddened to see that they are actually increasing in value, a rare feat for an exotic car.
 
ac_shelby_cobra_daytona_coupe_csgus.jpg
 
I think the BMW Z8 is gorgeous, can't wait to drive it in GT6.

The Z8 is certainly a beautiful modern car, but I find its inspiration, the BMW 507, to be a much prettier car.

BMW-507-1024x560.jpg


I would love to own one of these some day.
 
hppp_0312_01+1959_pontiac_catalina+.jpg


Also, I'd like to add the 1959 Pontiacs, especially the pillared sedan (the photo of the coupe will have to do since I can't find a decent photo of the sedan. The rooflines are similar). Not sure why I like this car.

I did almost have a Catalina sedan as my first car though. Probably better that I didn't.
 
I think the BMW Z8 is gorgeous, can't wait to drive it in GT6.

BMW-Z8-001.jpg
I quite like the looks of the Z8 and I think I know why. It looks like a modern and German take of the E-Type Jaguar; but hey thats my opinion.
 
1962 Ferrari 250 GTO for me.
1345390042_12.jpg
Ferrari-250-GTO-1962-Red.jpg

62-Ferrari-250GTO-2950-DV-11-MH-07.jpg
 
Yeah, the GTO is gorgeous. Better in person than in photos, in my opinion.
 
When discussing automotive beauty, it's easy to name of the Italians; Bugatti, Ferrari, Bizarinni, Alfa Romeo, Lancia, etc. But who here thinks....Peugeot?

I do:

peugeot-504-coupe.jpg


Though to be fair, the 504 coupe was designed by Pininfarina...
 
Pug 601 Cabrio
Peugeot_601_C_Eclipse_1934_Pourtout.jpg
 
As much as I love Cuda's, Darts and other old Chryslers the 69 Camaro to me is one of the prettiest cars ever, too bad they only made them like that 1 year.

AD2A8A6A-987E-4DF2-AEDE-87143F16977A-1252-0000034FF19E89C4_zpsd563d7d2.jpg
 
Personally I'd rather have a '67 or '68. I think the body looks better with a bit more curve honestly.
 
^ I love the CSL, but, I wouldn't call it pretty, same with the 'stangs, great looking cars, but not "pretty".

BINGO!

1930-type-41-royale-esders-roadster-14.jpg



bugatti-type-41-roya-11_800x0w.jpg


To me I think these are beautiful!

Bugatti Royale

1930_duesenberg_model_j_la-grande-1.jpg

Duesenberg Model J

Eagle-E-Type-Lightweight-Speedster-FT1.jpg

I think this is very very pretty
 
Last edited by a moderator:
In terms of beauty, I really don't think you can compare one car to the other if the ages are very different. So, I divided it into decades:

1950's: Mercedes-Benz 300SL
1960's: Lamborghini Miura
1970's: Lancia Stratos
1980's: Ferrari F40
1990's: McLaren F1
2000's: Lamborghini Gallardo (04-07)
2010's: Pagani Huayra

I've always liked the Zonda, but there were several design issues that kept me from loving it. The nose was too short and low, the rear was too boxy, and the mirrors were just...wierd. But when I first saw a picture of the Huayra, I was stunned. It was as if Horacio Pagani had read my mind and redesigned the Zonda. The Huayra is literally a car from my dreams.
 
alfa1600duetta.jpg


I was going to say the Miura, but that would be too mainstream :sly:

Spider Duetto... So simple, so gorgeous :)
 
Back