Prettiest car in the history of automotive

  • Thread starter Thread starter stiggylab17
  • 150 comments
  • 17,539 views
Triumph GT6:

triumph-gt6_silver_11.jpg


Volvo 1800s:

Volvo_1800S_66_80_2590_12.JPG



Based on the submissions so far, the prettiest year for cars must have been somewhere in the 60s. 1965, maybe?
 
Last edited:
The Z8 is certainly a beautiful modern car, but I find its inspiration, the BMW 507, to be a much prettier car.

BMW-507-1024x560.jpg


I would love to own one of these some day.

GOD THAT IS GORGEOUS!
 
Let's see... Pagania Zonda (not the Huayra, that thing is uglyish), SRT Viper, etc. Hard to pick, actually.

pagani_zonda_cinque_photo_02.jpg


/quote]
Let's see... Pagania Zonda (not the Huayra, that thing is uglyish), SRT Viper, etc.

A lot of people think that this car is not pretty..I think it is rather more aggressive and tough, mean looking than pretty?
 
lamb-350-gt.jpg
 
Funny thing about the 350GT, I always found that the way it looks is really attractive, but for some reason it also compels me to get in and drive it. I don't know why, it just gives me this feeling when I look at it. Whereas the Miura just looks sexy.
 
The S30 240z Devil Z :D

5565598487_8f6ab20eb8_z.jpg


The car itself is decent and I like it but the bolt on wheel arches look just plain cheap.
 
stock_s14.jpg

Silvia S14. I always thought it looked a bit feminine.
 
Last edited:
1950 Alfa Romeo 6C 2500SS Villa d’Este Coupé

 
Last edited:
Carrera GT Zagato:

porsche-carrera-gt-zagato-01.jpg
 
Last edited:
Looks exactly like a non-Zagato Carrera to me lol
 
ADV1-Toyota-Supra-07.jpg
MK.IV Toyota Supra
​
It's engine is lusted after :drool:, its curves hold beauty years after end-of-production :O, and it still hasn't been faithfully represented in any GT game. :grumpy:
 
For me, no modern car is "pretty." Too much focus on aerodynamics, too many hard edges and aggressive lines. Prime example, IMO, is the Ferrari 458. Fantastic car, no doubt, but absolutely, hideously, ugly.

I couldn't choose between my top three:
-Ferrari 340MM
-Jaguar E-Type
-Aston DB5
 
For me, no modern car is "pretty." Too much focus on aerodynamics, too many hard edges and aggressive lines. Prime example, IMO, is the Ferrari 458. Fantastic car, no doubt, but absolutely, hideously, ugly.

I couldn't choose between my top three:
-Ferrari 340MM
-Jaguar E-Type
-Aston DB5
I think you're the first person to agree with me that the 458 is about as attractive as roadkill.

For me, I like the Jag E-type, Lamborghini Miura, 350GT, and the De Tomaso Vallelunga (Wasn't this the only non-V8 De Tomaso?)
20121019-de-tomaso-vallelunga5.jpg


7890318944_0023b5338e_z.jpg
 
Still not sure all these cars are necessarily 'pretty', but it's a personal choice I guess. Wouldn't want to bump into some of your girlfriends though. ;)

All the Esprit's are good looking, but for me the more simple and pure design of the series 1 is the by far the best.

Esprit-S1-3.jpg


And prettiest.
 
:drool: Now that's pretty epic.
 
aston-martin-one77-front.jpg


This for me the prettiest car I have ever seen, the sheer beauty is ridiculous. This exudes epicness!
 
Still not sure all these cars are necessarily 'pretty', but it's a personal choice I guess. Wouldn't want to bump into some of your girlfriends though. ;)

All the Esprit's are good looking, but for me the more simple and pure design of the series 1 is the by far the best.

Esprit-S1-3.jpg


And prettiest.

You say all that then post this...it is indeed subjective along with choice in women so I'll hold back what I think about this and other things that follow. :sly:
 
To be fair, all I was suggesting was that their are a fair few supercars and Japanese tuners posted here which are beautiful, aggressive, visually powerful and/or elegant, but by definition many of them aren't pretty. Sports cars tend to be prettier due to their proportions and more compact designs. The S1 Esprit is almost the perfect study in the Giugiaro classic 'wedge' design and is indeed a pretty car rather than beautiful. :)
 
The S1 Esprit is almost the perfect study in the Giugiaro classic 'wedge' design and is indeed a pretty car rather than beautiful. :)
To tie it to a pop culture reference, you could say it's a Bond girl rather than a supermodel...
 
That interior screams 1970s lol
 
Still not sure all these cars are necessarily 'pretty', but it's a personal choice I guess. Wouldn't want to bump into some of your girlfriends though. ;)

All the Esprit's are good looking, but for me the more simple and pure design of the series 1 is the by far the best.

Esprit-S1-3.jpg


And prettiest.


I agree!:D
Slashfan..the interior does indeed scream the 70's:lol:
 
Back