Primus Ortus

JvM
Really nice. My fav is the b&w Enzos. :D

Thanks JvM! I like that one as well.

I like the second shot.

Interesting - I like the angle and composition, but felt the colors were a little bit much. In fact, it was the one I liked the least out of all the photos. Out of curiosity - what is it you liked about that one?

Epic shots as always, your style is the exact style I'm at. Coincidence? I think not. :lol:

But the one I like best is the one with a completely white background. Gotta love Photoshop...

Actually, the only thing I did with the Enzo in the white background was enhance the red and add a vignette. It is the same picture as this one, but with EV at +5:

5893197156_51a6b03514_z.jpg

This is awesome.

Thanks arsenal. See my explanation above. This was nothing more than an EV of +5 and a vignette.

Love those Ferrari shots man.

Thank you FosterG! I appreciate it.

Last edited:
This is a set I did with the '69 Camaro SS at Toscana for the latest CCCL competition. I'm not a big comp guy as you know, in fact, I think this is only the second one I have entered. Anyhow, these are the leftovers that I did not use. My favorite is the last photo. I was torn between that one and the one I entered. I hope you like them! :)

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for the kind words and comments. Here's a small set with the Lexus LFA. I took a few more pictures that no amount of editing would have helped - Poly Dig gave Cape Ring a nice smoggy hue along the skyline that looks authentic, but not desirable. I never noticed Mt. Fuji on Cape Ring until I ran the track specifically for taking photos. That was a nice surprise. Be sure to click on them.

Teaser...

Last edited:
Very nice set and the teaser is teasing me :D. The LFA is one of the best cars in the game for photograhping IMO. PD did and exceptional job on it.

I really like the last LFA photo (I don't normally like photo's where only part of the car can be seen), the bonnet's reflection really sets it off.

Wow, stunning! I love the first shot of the LFA, that's a really nice effect you've got going there 👍

Thanks Todd - I liked that one too. I was surprised to find Mt. Fuji in the background as well.

Very nice set and the teaser is teasing me :D. The LFA is one of the best cars in the game for photograhping IMO. PD did and exceptional job on it.

Thank you Nato. There definitely is a difference between the quality of rendering PD did on each of the cars, even among the premium models.

I really like the last LFA photo (I don't normally like photo's where only part of the car can be seen), the bonnet's reflection really sets it off.

Thank you Richard. I usually try to keep the whole car in the picture as well. (I didn't on a couple previous Ferrari Enzo shots, but they were an exception...) If I remember correctly, there was a problem with composition on this one that I couldn't get right without cutting out the left side. Although I closed the aperture to blur the ring, I felt the underside of the road was just as important to the feel of the photo as the car itself. It looks like a spaceship. :dopey:

The McLaren F1 was a nice ride. I'm a terrible driver on the Top Gear test track, but I wanted the wide open spaces for this car. I'll have to take this one out to Nurburgring to see how she really flies...

Remember to Click on the Pics!

Teaser! (My first photos of a "standard"...)

Last edited:
Love the birds eye effect on the McLaren, my favoutire is the 4th, it has really nice lines 👍

I'm hard pressed to believe that's a standard in your teaser :lol:

By the way, if you're truely trying to tease everyone into waiting for the rest, might pay to not link the whole gallery ;)

Love the birds eye effect on the McLaren, my favoutire is the 4th, it has really nice lines 👍

I'm hard pressed to believe that's a standard in your teaser :lol:

By the way, if you're truely trying to tease everyone into waiting for the rest, might pay to not link the whole gallery ;)

Hah! It's really only for people that don't go the extra step... :sly: Thanks for the visit and comments todd!

Really nice. 👍 I especially love #4. That Speed 8 is looking damn fine - you've done a great job with the 'standard', I can't wait to see what else you produce with that beast. I had fun with the Bentley on my set awhile back. :)

Wow, 3 and 4 are amazing, great work :drool: :drool: 👍 👍 Looking at this update made me realize I haven't updated in ages

A smile comes to my face whenever someone gets to crack the rule of thirds precisely. Especially with the recent 3 sets. Missed some sets, but still, I like your shots.

Really nice. 👍 I especially love #4. That Speed 8 is looking damn fine - you've done a great job with the 'standard', I can't wait to see what else you produce with that beast. I had fun with the Bentley on my set awhile back. :)

Thanks Nato. I remember that set. You did a great job in the rain shots. Also, LeSarthe is a natural setting for the Speed 8. There are definitely some quality differences within the standards. I think the Bentley is a little better rendered than others. The Spyker, for example, is atrociously rendered, whereas the Bentley and BMW M3 GTR have a little more detail.

Wow, 3 and 4 are amazing, great work :drool: :drool: 👍 👍 Looking at this update made me realize I haven't updated in ages

Thank you Skython. I was wondering when you were going to update yours! :sly:

A smile comes to my face whenever someone gets to crack the rule of thirds precisely. Especially with the recent 3 sets. Missed some sets, but still, I like your shots.

Thank you uMadson! I'm trying. :)

Here's the rest of my Speed 8 set:

Plus my CCCL Camaro entry that didn't make the cut :guilty: :

Last edited:
You've really caught the idea of speed with those Bentley shots, and I love the angles 👍
This is fast becoming a must see thread

Great sense of speed there in this update, great work :drool: 👍 Makes me regret not buying the Bentley when I had the chance :indiff: Which means you've done well 👍 :drool: 👍 :drool:

Back