Primus Ortus

Are you using "Save for web and devices" in photoshop? It just looks like the JPEG compression is really strong. :( The pictures themselves are well composed though and it's a great car/track combo :D

Maybe it's a problem with your flickr upload settings? I wouldn't know because I don't use flickr. But here's my settings for JPEGs in photoshop. Yup.

You, my friend, have just asked me a question that is beyond my ability to comprehend... :) I'm using Gimp for editing and Picturenaut for HDR. Next time I do one, I will pay attention to my saves to see what's going on. Perhaps it is just me... :scared: I think I know what you mean though; higher compression = lower quality but smaller file size, lower compression = higher quality but larger file size. It might also be picturenaut, since I have to change the photo from the GT5 jpeg to Tiff for picturenaut to download the different EV shots. Hummm....

[EDIT] You were right. When I was saving them to JPEG from Gimp in order to download them to Flickr, it was saving anywhere from 75% to 96% picture quality. I'm not sure how it determines the different quality to save to, but in the future, I will be paying more attention to that.

Last edited:
Brilliant update, shows your talents with this, and when using a beautiful car in an amazing environment, you take the best shots. 👍 Great job

The one with the Christmas tree... :drool:

Thanks! I liked that one alot as well - it's probably the only picture I've taken that actually looks somewhat real... :dopey:

Last 300SL shots are really nice :) Especially first and last :)

Those were my favorites too - thanks for the kind words Italia!

Brilliant update, shows your talents with this, and when using a beautiful car in an amazing environment, you take the best shots. 👍 Great job

Wow Skython, that's nice of you to say. The 300SL is a beautiful car, and I have an affinity for the Ring.

Great color great editing!

Thanks Jason - that's my favorite blue.

To my complete and utter astonishment, our illustrious forum guru Jordan graced our latest News article with one of my photos! Woot! Thanks Jordan, that was very nice of you!
(Although admittedly, it wasn't one of my better shots... :dopey:)

Click HERE !

:)Sorry, but I couldn't help myself...

5813800546_83d1e49a38.jpg

I thought everyone was stressing too much about the new 1.1 update, so... HAVE A HAPPY DAY!

Last edited:
Oh my

These are awesome, possibly my favourite photomode thing I've ever seen, just for the so silly approach, hilarious work :lol: 👍

PS: The Alfa looks like it's high, or crazy rather than happy, and the Merc is goofy, and is amazed by the apex it sees

Hello Primus Ortus

My name is Nuno from Portugal and I´m sending you this message to congratulate you for the pics you have here.
I´m corrently building my "man cave" and I was thinking on linig a wall with vinil, and I was thinking on using a picture that you posted, the one you used for your banner, if its ok whid you, can you send me the pic on the max resolution that you possibly can?
If you please send me the pic to the following email:

nverissim@hotmail.com

Thanks

Nuno Veríssimo

Ha, :lol: I like it! 👍 Also like the 1.1 update. :)
Thanks Nato!
Oh my

These are awesome, possibly my favourite photomode thing I've ever seen, just for the so silly approach, hilarious work :lol: 👍

PS: The Alfa looks like it's high, or crazy rather than happy, and the Merc is goofy, and is amazed by the apex it sees
Thanks Skython!
:lol: Excellent update 👍
Thank you C_F!
Love blue RC shots, very artistic. What blue is that?
Thank you FosterG - I am not sure what color blue that is... I think it is a type of blue pearl.
[edit] - it is Mugelloblau Perleffekt, whatever that is... ;)
lol that's crazy. :lol:
Yep - it made me laugh, so I thought I'd share it.
:lol: brought a smile to my face as well ..... its nice to just let go sometimes and be wacky :crazy:
Thanks CCShaft!
Hello Primus Ortus

My name is Nuno from Portugal and I´m sending you this message to congratulate you for the pics you have here.
I´m corrently building my "man cave" and I was thinking on linig a wall with vinil, and I was thinking on using a picture that you posted, the one you used for your banner, if its ok whid you, can you send me the pic on the max resolution that you possibly can?
If you please send me the pic to the following email:

nverissim@hotmail.com

Thanks

Nuno Veríssimo
Thank you Nuno - I emailed you. I don't think the resolution will be large enough to fit the need, however...

Thank you all for the kind comments!

Now for a big update... I took advantage of the new payouts and bought the Mazda 787 finally. The car sounds and drives amazing. Needless to say, I took some pics (The 8th pic is my personal favorite...):

Last edited:
extreme editing kill these for me, I like # 2 because it looks like normal-life. If it had natural colors, I'd really, REALLY like this:

5827800694_4895a31660.jpg

extreme editing kill these for me, I like # 2 because it looks like normal-life. If it had natural colors, I'd really, REALLY like this:

5827800694_4895a31660.jpg

I see what you are saying Cano. Beauty is definitely in the eye of the beholder. I have fun with the edits and like to produce art, not merely photos. I also edit them in such a way that they remind me of my youth. The grain is an homage to the 70's, and much like the 8th and 13th pics, have that movie-like feel to me. The contrast and vivid colors are also meant to produce a dream-like feel. I like when the pictures are active, not passive. It's my style, but it's surely not everyone's. Thanks for the comments my friend.

[Edit] - Actually, this picture is a better representation of what I would like to have conveyed:

Even so, I took the original, removed the GT watermark, added a signature and a frame, removed the sun (which was directly in front and causing an issue with overexposure), and smoothed out the artifacting in the sky. I also increased contrast by a small amount to darken the skid marks in the road and detail the car. Otherwise, there are no other edits in the following photo. I'm curious how you feel about this one:

Last edited:
787B update is phenomenal!! Definitely one of your best.

I think your revised long shot just above me is excellent. the warm tones and letterbox effect complement the composition perfectly 👍

And I know what you mean about that damn sun casting a shadow over the car :irked: Stupid realism :dopey:

mmmhh... I like the first new one better, the warm, yellow tones go better with the track style you are in, with all the sand and all that. It indeed looks like a yellowish old photo. The last edit has just tooooooo much saturation taken out of it. I know I complained about too much color earlier, but that's too much :lol:

@ ceiling_fan - thanks C_F! That is very nice of you to say. Yeah, that sun was completely dominating the sky at 12:00 in between the clouds. There is a problem with the sun placement on Rome as well, where the sun is on the wrong side of the Colosseum.

@Cano - lol - Yeah, I thought you would say that. It's okay, I agree 100% with you!

Now for a new update -

I hope you like the Mercedes. I am not entering the CCCL with this car/track combo so feel free to comment and critique. The first one is my favorite. I tried playing around a bit with the aperture on some of the shots, with mixed success. Driving the AMG on the Ring - just okay. :grumpy: I'll have to mess with the LSD settings to get it right, and then I think she will be just fine.

Bonus Audi obligatory/ubiquitous Hangar shot (click on it to open in the lightbox):

Last edited:
Nice work on the shots, I love your 787B update. The SLS update isn't too bad either. :P

Great work. 👍

Nice work on the shots, I love your 787B update. The SLS update isn't too bad either. :P

Great work. 👍

Thanks Fishy!

Like 1st SLS shot the most

Thank you - me too.

Audi in the Hangar is epic 👍

I think the SLS's at SSR5 would have been better in all B&W... maybe.

Thanks - I thought everyone ought to have reflective-vehicle-in-the-hanger-shot. I've edited my favorite of the 3 SSR5 shots back to black and white and smoothed the tones a little. Do you think the B/W is better? (I think you may be right...)

EDIT:

Here are the other ones...

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back