Private Lobbies are Coming to Assetto Corsa Console Versions This April

Private lobbies will allow room hosts to have a complete control over exactly which people enter a room, eliminating the risk of dealing with random players.

I guess being literal on the term "Private Lobbies" should have been my first instinct instead of assuming things usually associated with Private Lobbies being included. I'll wait until the official patch notes or word from Kunos on what exactly Private Lobbies means before tossing this "game" in the fire. I just want a way to race the car I want on the track I want with my friends. I have a feeling that is too ambitious. :nervous:

I guess being literal on the term "Private Lobbies" should have been my first instinct instead of assuming things usually associated with Private Lobbies being included. I'll wait until the official patch notes or word from Kunos on what exactly Private Lobbies means before tossing this "game" in the fire. I just want a way to race the car I want on the track I want with my friends. I have a feeling that is too ambitious. :nervous:

Yes, I am also waiting to see how the implementation actually works before I make any comment. They still have a lot of scope for Kunos to mess things right up ;-)

"Look at how PD does online lobbies in GT5/6 and copy (reverse engineer) it" just leave out the lag and other minor issues like not seeing other people on the track. Even PCARS didn't get it quite right. Lobby chat is atrocious and there is no ability to text speak to the whole lobby, a very handy feature in GT.

"Private lobbies will allow room hosts to have a complete control over exactly which people enter a room, eliminating the risk of dealing with random players."

That's it??? No freedom to choose car and track? No freedom to set number of laps and qualifying length?
If not, they can stick the private lobbies up they're glory hole!

"Private lobbies will allow room hosts to have a complete control over exactly which people enter a room, eliminating the risk of dealing with random players."

That's it??? No freedom to choose car and track? No freedom to set number of laps and qualifying length?
Yeah if there is no control of what, where and how many. They just lost a backer!

Isn't that part only a relatively safe assumption? If I recall correctly, official details about what the private lobbies will bring to console players have not emerged. Then again, nearly everyone has asked for private lobbies although they probably want control of cars, tracks, sessions, etc.

That's not it: that's just all we can safely say without knowing more. As more details emerge, that will change.

At April's End. Oh man- at this rate we will be seven full updates behind PC soon. Shocking!

Still, I love AC and look forward to any fixes that make it even better.

Isn't that part only a relatively safe assumption? If I recall correctly, official details about what the private lobbies will bring to console players have not emerged. Then again, nearly everyone has asked for private lobbies although they probably want control of cars, tracks, sessions, etc.

you are absolutely right, we call it private lobbies when in fact it is just what you said, let's wait some more and see how it goes.

@HammyMansell finally the CRAP guy's can get a private lobby going on here. That's if you guy's still play this game.

Sure @Elitekilla29 we're waiting eagerly for the "PriLobs" to show up, but just as others have said here, their success will come down to how "customizable" they will be.........Fingers crossed we will be able to do what we want, not just the lobbies as they are now in terms of combo, just private and not public.

But if that "worse case scenario" happens, questions will be asked, as Kunos have been working on these private lobbies for months appearrently, but would such a small change, that is just giving the option of making a public lobby a private one, really take that long to program? I doubt it, and that's what gives me hope... Hopefully lol! ;)

I understand what you mean but it definitely worries me the fact that the console version of Assetto Corsa was created around this dictatorship concept in which the player has absolute no options about literally nothing and if this is the result of months of planning and the way they decided to conceive and produce they're product, what makes us think that suddenly they'll turn around into the opposite direction?
Unless this dictatorship line is just a raw scratch of what the real Assetto Corsa will be in a near future.

If this isnt up to par with PCars Lobbies then that is a big fat shame. No other way to put it.

And it is not to much to ask for. Its standard for all racing games.

This and the fact that pcars 2 is looking great, heck gtsport sports mode looks very promising as well, as long as the player rating system works and the matchmaking pairs you with like minded individuals it could be a real game changer.

Well I'm going to be optimistic about what we might get. :cheers:

On the PC side of things I understand the server is configured for track/car/laps etc by creating a couple of configuration text files and uploading these files to the server. You can create these files by keyboard or by some GUI screens on the PC. The servers that the PS4's connect to are probably not going to be identical but they should pretty much be configured in the same way. That means that a configuration page or pages have to be developed on the PS4 to generate and download the configuration files to the private server.
Unless, in a worst case senario, they are going to make the host on PS4 and make it p2p similar to Gran Turismo then I am hopefull that we will have fully configurable private rooms on AC servers. If not then allowing us to take the control of access to the current public servers will still be way better than having p2p races.
Roll on end of April.

Yes, I am also waiting to see how the implementation actually works before I make any comment. They still have a lot of scope for Kunos to mess things right up ;-)

"Look at how PD does online lobbies in GT5/6 and copy (reverse engineer) it" just leave out the lag and other minor issues like not seeing other people on the track. Even PCARS didn't get it quite right. Lobby chat is atrocious and there is no ability to text speak to the whole lobby, a very handy feature in GT.
Look at how the game developed with an $80 million budget, a staff of 150 and the backing of Sony does it and just do that but better, is not a realistic expecation.

One day we'll get a game that manages to do it all. For me AC was finally the game that hit the most important aspects of racing title, great handling, sound and replays. The only catch is, it doesn't offer you the most standard options that every f -ing other title does and has since 2000. The replays are so GREAT, but not going to run the whole race and no online replay? Come on.

Now there's this chance we don't get full control of the parameters for private lobbies. Man, a couple of us wanted to run a race with the short tail but they only offer one since VOL 3, that's just....

Kunos has the makings of a perfect game. They nailed the hardest parts. And it's all for not right now.

Love this game.

I was afraid they would limit you to classes instead of being able to pick exactly what cars you want. Considering the classes seem to be weirdly organized on consoles that's no bueno. Better than nothing I guess but still limits things a lot. Bizarre.

I was afraid they would limit you to classes instead of being able to pick exactly what cars you want. Considering the classes seem to be weirdly organized on consoles that's no bueno. Better than nothing I guess but still limits things a lot. Bizarre.

At least players should be able to avoid using the Porsche 935/78 when running odd "same class" cars like the F40 and Yellowbird. Contrary, you cannot force a large grid of AI opponents to avoid some specific car in a class. Maybe the private lobbies will still use that system where a number of cars from each class have been allocated for players to choose between, which would cause problems for those wanting to run a full grid of just two or three cars in a class. One can hope that classes have been revised for some common sense, or that the car allocation system has been scrapped. Expectations better stay low.

Back