Production Car Racing (GT4, CTSCC, PWC GTS/TC, MX-5 Cup, etc)Touring Cars 

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 1,869 comments
John Doonan of Mazda also said the new 2.0 in the ND MX-5 would have a power and torque deficit to other cars in the class, at least in comparison to the 2.5 they run in the NC now.. I can't quote that but I remember hearing it before so take it with a grain of salt at the moment..
Wouldnt even need a source to know that thats the case.

The 2.0 Engine would be at a huge disadvantage to Porsche's and other cars in the class.

http://bathurst6hour.com.au/news-stephenson-excel
Stephenson Motorsport, the only team to enter a Hyundai Excel Cup Car will tackle the race for the first time this Easter - and they'll do it with the youngest driver in the field, too.

Entered in the Invitational class, the Stephenson Motorsport Excel will be driven by experienced Formula Ford, Hyundai Excel and Aussie Racing Cars driver Scott Stephenson, Historic racer Chris Cotton and teenager Tyson Harvey - the youngest driver on the grid.

Tyson turns 16 on Easter Saturday, meaning that due to Mount Panorama licensing restrictions he can't take to the circuit until practice that morning - missing Friday's running.

http://www.speedcafe.com/2017/04/04/cameron-hill-joins-james-abela-bathurst-6-hour/

Edit:
http://www.chazmozzie.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/cmb6hr.jpg

cmb6hr.jpg

Last edited:
One of the cars in the Sports GT category at Simmons Plains.
IMG_20170407_161619.jpg

Don't think I've seen a front clip like that for the Z. I've seen one for the Skyline 350 GT.

Last edited:
What's that car got to do with Yoda...err, I mean Jason Bargwanna?
He was commentating.

I crossed paths with Bargwanna a few years back. It's a funny story, that ends with my wife looking at him across a room, mouthing justifiably, the word, "W***k*r."

He was commentating.

I crossed paths with Bargwanna a few years back. It's a funny story, that ends with my wife looking at him across a room, mouthing justifiably, the word, "W***k*r."
:lol:
Tell the missus she's right 👍

Didn't realise two of the R32s in this Sports GT race, look like Group A GT-Rs. One has a Calsonic livery. The other has the ATCC Nissan livery.

Looks great, but I really would prefer if these manufactures used cars that they DON'T use in GT3...

While I agree (I would've liked to have seen a A5 or something like that), Aston Martin has had a Vantage GT3, GT4, and GTE for ages, and everyone seems to be okay with it. I like that GT4 is at least growing, and that most of the cars look closer to their road car counterparts than the GT3s. The R8 looks pretty sweet.

Ferrari please...PLEASE...make a GT4 car.

Rather see an Alfa Romeo GT4, tbh...

Seriously? Why aren't they using one of their sedans or something? The McLaren 570S looks a lot like it's big brother the 650, and this looks just like the GT3 version just without flared wheel arches and splitters. They look out of place in GT4 among the Mustangs and Ginettas
Then you won't like what AMG have cooking in the pot in one of my previous posts.

I just read Jalopnik's article on the car and it has 495 HP per GT4 regulation. I didn't know it was that high. I thought they were ~400 and GT3 were ~500. What's GT3 at then? 550?

I just read Jalopnik's article on the car and it has 495 HP per GT4 regulation. I didn't know it was that high. I thought they were ~400 and GT3 were ~500. What's GT3 at then? 550?
500-600-650 depending on car performance and minimum weight I believe. The privateer Camaro (Saneri?) has about 700hp IIRC, but that's because of its weight. It's usually around the 500-550 mark. GTE is typically about the same as well, but they have more aero available.

FB_IMG_1492032619251.jpg

One of the cars racing at Bathurst this weekend, for the support race. I've seen this DR30 race in person and up close in its pit garage. Awesome car. So clean.

View attachment 640780

One of the cars racing at Bathurst this weekend, for the support race. I've seen this DR30 race in person and up close in its pit garage. Awesome car. So clean.
That car is a flashback to 30 years ago for me.
I take it is the original Murray Carter car?

The sponsor, NetComm, had a very early version of live telementary on display in their pit garage at the Sandown 500 in '87.
Terrible lag & drop out issues but thoroughly fascinating at the time.

Some years later, when Murray was racing a Nissan Pulsar SSS in the Production Car Championship, I got the opportunity to go for a few laps alongside him around Sandown. Murray was no slouch behind the wheel & was chatting the whole way around. Great bloke.

That car is a flashback to 30 years ago for me.
I take it is the original Murray Carter car?

The sponsor, NetComm, had a very early version of live telementary on display in their pit garage at the Sandown 500 in '87.
Terrible lag & drop out issues but thoroughly fascinating at the time.

Some years later, when Murray was racing a Nissan Pulsar SSS in the Production Car Championship, I got the opportunity to go for a few laps alongside him around Sandown. Murray was no slouch behind the wheel & was chatting the whole way around. Great bloke.
It is that original ATCC machine. 👍

I just did a walkthrough of the heritage touring car class marquee, and I could barely believe the cars I was standing next to. Sierras, E30s, R31, R32, a Jaguar and Commodores, all from the Group A and C era.

Latest Posts

Back