Production Car Racing (GT4, CTSCC, PWC GTS/TC, MX-5 Cup, etc)Touring Cars 

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 1,837 comments
That new Stevenson livery better stay for at least a couple more years. That is the most sinister, bad ass looking livery I have ever seen. Probably the best flat black livery since the old AEG Olympia Sauber C9's.

I've never been a huge fan of the Stevenson livery, but that fits the car...very well. Can't wait to see that sucker tear into some tracks.

FB_IMG_1494584594502.jpg

R8 LMS GT4 will debut at the Nurb 24H

Hey guys, Audi Sport's brand new Audi R8 LMS GT4 will make its competitive race debut at this year’s Nurburgring 24 Hours (May 25-28). We are looking forward to seeing it in the GT4 European Series Southern Cup and GT4 European Series Northern Cup in the near future!

That's a good chunk more than the Caymen unless its price went up as well. Curious - what do you think "power sticks" actually means? Sounds like comically bad marketing mumbo-jumbo.

That's a good chunk more than the Caymen unless its price went up as well. Curious - what do you think "power sticks" actually means? Sounds like comically bad marketing mumbo-jumbo.
Probably different ECU chips. Since they mentioned an ease to adjusting to BoP, could be that.

I'd rather MARC continue to use the M6 and SRM focus on GT4. Richards has no luck with that GT3 car.
When you consider the cars success overseas, I don't think the problem is the car.

Either SR has a team that don't understand what he wants from the car or, he himself is the weakest link - 2015 Bathurst winning co-driver & all.

When you consider the cars success overseas, I don't think the problem is the car.

Either SR has a team that don't understand what he wants from the car or, he himself is the weakest link - 2015 Bathurst winning co-driver & all.
True. Mostert was on it at Bathurst.
All in all, I hope GT4 will flourish here.

Kia Pro-ceed GT
Make sure you keep an eye on the Kia Pro-Ceed GT 1600 when we hit Winton Motor Raceway next week (June 9-11)

Conroy Motorsport engineer Steve Kennett-Tribe warns us not to take the speedy little hatch for granted: “The Kia Pro-Ceed GT is not a cheerful economy car. This is a serious European-built, developed in Germany, hot hatch kind of vehicle," he said.
Meanwhile, Team Principal Terry Conroy points out that the car represents a world-first: "this is the first time anywhere in the world that this car has been developed for Endurance Racing."
kia.jpg

Hopefully it'll not be a repeat of the last time a worldwide touring car formula came to America... Remember the ill-fated NATCC?

👍👍👍 Excited for this!

Hope this leads to more TCR brand names since it's coming to the States. Not to be biased, but I'd like to see Ford and GM build some proper cars. I know there's a Ford or two internationally, but sadly, they're not going brilliantly, and they've been in TCR since the beginning. Be nice to see Ford step in with some support, this could be a good opportunity for it.
As for GM, they own Opel (for now), and there is an Opel Astra TCR. How hard would it be to bolt a Cruze body on one of those...?

Not a fan of the wide body touring cars.
What's funny is, its probably be easier to make this cars look like the production versions, a la the old B-Spec series.

Anyway, I'd prefer 1990's style touring cars over today's. Gutted & slammed with 19s.

Does TCR have a tire partner, or will they be running Continentals when they come stateside? Continental is my favourite series, so seeing more cars added works for me. I do wonder what the cost difference is between a GT4 car and a proper TCR car.

Does TCR have a tire partner, or will they be running Continentals when they come stateside? Continental is my favourite series, so seeing more cars added works for me. I do wonder what the cost difference is between a GT4 car and a proper TCR car.

I'd be more surprised if they aren't on Contis. I've seen TCR cars run on different brands depending on what series they're in, so I suspect it's already being worked on in the secret volcano lab.
Price wise, TCR cars are around $110,000 (give or take a few thousand). So in general, they're less expensive than GT4.

I'm interested to see the speed differential. Because I don't think TCR lap times are that far off of GT4. Certainly not like GS vs. ST.

Back