Production Car Racing (GT4, CTSCC, PWC GTS/TC, MX-5 Cup, etc)Touring Cars 

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 1,869 comments
I'd like to give a shout out to Nicholas Barbato (2012 US GT Academy finalist) who ran his first Pirelli World Challenge TC class race on Saturday in a Hyundai Genesis Coupe. Qualified on the front row (missed P1 by a whisker) took the lead at the start and lead the whole race. He had a 15 second lead and with 2 minutes left the car ran out of fuel. :(

He has another race on Sunday which should be live streamed HERE if anyone is interested in following his progress.

Last edited:
P3 finish for Nick today, race was red flagged and called with 6 minutes to go for an incident. Would have been nice to see if he could get past the two BMW's at the front.

P3 finish for Nick today, race was red flagged and called with 6 minutes to go for an incident. Would have been nice to see if he could get past the two BMW's at the front.

Jason,

Thanks for keeping in touch and for the shout out after all of these years. I was thinking of you and other GT Academy grads the whole weekend. I was proud to represent us there. Your posts mean a lot.

Let's see if we can make COTA a reality.

-Nick

AMG GT GT4 will be at the Spa 24H
FB_IMG_1500707981989.jpg

Before anyone boos another expensive GT in GT4, the Aston(N24, now Vantage) was in from the start. Probably the most expensive(as far as a prestige GT brand).

I was skeptical with the R8 coming in- I'd prefer the TT. However, the way GT3 is, it makes sense. The gentleman driver that drives an AMV8, should be able to jump in the AMV8 GT3 and be familiar with it. Doesn't quite work for BMW, but hey.

AMG GT GT4 will be at the Spa 24H
View attachment 661849

Before anyone boos another expensive GT in GT4, the Aston(N24, now Vantage) was in from the start. Probably the most expensive(as far as a prestige GT brand).

I was skeptical with the R8 coming in- I'd prefer the TT. However, the way GT3 is, it makes sense. The gentleman driver that drives an AMV8, should be able to jump in the AMV8 GT3 and be familiar with it. Doesn't quite work for BMW, but hey.
Aston uses the V8 for GT4, V12 for GT3, and V8 for GTE.

Aston uses the V8 for GT4, V12 for GT3, and V8 for GTE.
Right right.

I still don't mind a different model in GT4. The Cayman and 370Z are just fine, but I feel Nissan should make a rwd GT-R road car. It would be cool to see that race in Production car series.

Just chiming in to say I thoroughly enjoyed the Conti races at Watkins Glen and Mosport (up on YouTube now). It remains my favourite series. Just lovely stuff to watch.

Mercedes-AMG GT4
Mercedes_GT4_1.jpg

The Mercedes-AMG GT4 is powered by the 4.0 litre V8 biturbo engine with direct fuel injection, known from the road cars from Affalterbach. Depending on the balance of performance, this results into an output of up to 375 kW (510 hp) and a maximum torque of over 600 Nm. Like in the Mercedes-AMG GT3, the sequential six-speed competition gearbox in the Mercedes-AMG GT4 is linked to the rear axle in transaxle formation and is pneumatically operated.

The suspension with double wishbones and dampers with adjustable rebound and compression gives a direct and clear feedback to the driver in every situation. A powerful competition brake system with multi-adjustable ABS ensures maximum stopping power. The Mercedes-AMG GT4 is equipped with 18 inch forged AMG light-alloy wheels.

Interesting to add is, Jan Seyffarth is also helping in the development. Seyffarth debuted a Mustang-GT3-Cup. I wonder how that's going.

Back