Production Car Racing (GT4, CTSCC, PWC GTS/TC, MX-5 Cup, etc)Touring Cars 

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 1,837 comments
This is cool. Love this category. More 4-door sedans please.
http://www.thenationals.com.au/productions-cars-welcome-c63-amg/
35533484643_8aa2cbb382_k-890x606.jpg

I gotta say, not feeling the AMG in GT4. I like it in street car guise and full battle-rattle ....but the GT4 quasi-race car look isn't particularly striking. Still excited to see some join Conti in the next year or two.

They should be. Looking at a host of production pick up racers, they all have much lower than stock, suspensions.

I mean, all he could talk about was the pedal box...

I understand they want a big brake package, but the wheels are too big.

Random question for folks in the know - what is the status of TCR going to Continental Sports Car Challenge next year? I'm curious how it will be included, because I've only seen very short TCR events (pretty common with touring cars it seems). Continental runs two hour or longer races, so I wonder what they'll do to adapt the cars --- is a standard TCR fuel cell enough for them to run 50+ minutes on a load of fuel? I'd imagine they'll be running a lot less camber on their tires, etc.

Random question for folks in the know - what is the status of TCR going to Continental Sports Car Challenge next year? I'm curious how it will be included, because I've only seen very short TCR events (pretty common with touring cars it seems). Continental runs two hour or longer races, so I wonder what they'll do to adapt the cars --- is a standard TCR fuel cell enough for them to run 50+ minutes on a load of fuel? I'd imagine they'll be running a lot less camber on their tires, etc.
All I know is that they are going to be their own class for 2018 and run with the ST and GS cars. Then for 2019 the TCR class will become the new ST class. Which sucks because that means no more Miata's.

Last edited:
Yeah, if they kill of ST that seems like a huge mistake...unless they're pushing ST into a different race category. ST and GS are such a good match-up right now, they could really wreck a good thing. :(

Distance is not a problem. TCR regs allow for 100 liter fuel tanks max, so 50 minutes sounds about right for these cars. On top of that, these cars race in the Nurbirgring VLN and the Creventic 24H series, both of which run up to 24 hour races. They'll fit into the Conti series just fine. Though, I have heard they're being slowed down because they're nearly as fast as GT4 cars.

Couldn't they work it like Super Taikyu? I'm sure there is room to run the ST production cars along with TCR.

Back