Production Car Racing (GT4, CTSCC, PWC GTS/TC, MX-5 Cup, etc)Touring Cars 

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 1,869 comments
I think it has very little to do with the car, and more to do with the aero devices and livery...you can cover up a bunch of the oatmeal styling that is Toyota's normal road cars.

I lost interest in this race after they stopped using it for the GT Academy prize. That and the fact that it starts on a Friday so I end up missing half of it.
The camera angles aren't the best. To me, they're mostly too far away. Guess I'm used to the VASC broadcasts, with big shots of the cars filling the screen.

Will that race be on the Youtube channel or only NBC?

It will be streamed live on the website than aired on NBC Feb. 6th. I'm 100% on Youtube, but I'm guessing it will be uploaded shortly after the NBC broadcast.

https://www.speedcafe.com/2019/01/22/mercedes-amg-unveils-new-gt4-weapon/
IMG_6387.JPG

The Merc was already pretty strong in GT4. I didn't realize GT4 cars were pushing 500+ horsepower though. What is 320,000 AUD? About $34,000 US? (jokes aside...where does this sit with the $120-150K prices for other GT4 cars?)

Wow, I thought the GT4 Cayman launched a few years ago with a price around $120K? Maybe that was just the base car without any spares or something.

Wow, I thought the GT4 Cayman launched a few years ago with a price around $120K? Maybe that was just the base car without any spares or something.
From that link, looks like customers can spec up the car to what series they want to race.

Caught up on the Michelin Pilot Challenge race from Daytona over the weekend since it was uploaded to YouTube...

The McLaren's were FAST on the oval. Almost unfairly fast. :P Will be interesting to see how they do on a regular circuit. As far as TCR is concerned, 3 cars on the lead lap at the end? Hell one of the Veloster's came to a stop on the track with 2 laps to go and still finished 5th. :lol: The racing up front was good though when they were all bunched together. Hoping the rest of the races are a bit closer at the end...

I'm sure some of you here watch The Grand Tour.
Their stig (can I say that?) Abbie Eaton will be at Adelaide this weekend in the Super2Series.

I'm sure some of you here watch The Grand Tour.
Their stig (can I say that?) Abbie Eaton will be at Adelaide this weekend in the Super2Series.

Yep, it's posted in the 2019 Virgin Australia Supercars thread. 👍

The new Triton SuperUte will debut this weekend.
unnamed-1-6-1200x800.jpg

unnamed-11-1200x800.jpg

Yep, it's posted in the 2019 Virgin Australia Supercars thread. 👍

The new Triton SuperUte will debut this weekend.
unnamed-1-6-1200x800.jpg

unnamed-11-1200x800.jpg

These SuperUtes don't look bad per see but remind me of trophy trucks rather than track racers. I understand that due to stopped production the Maloo and the Pursuit don't race anymore but man, they look sooo much better...

There are some changes coming. Lower profile tyres are one and more power. As of the first race from today, the utes are running side exhausts to be louder.

I'm not a Toyota fan but the GR Supra has a very good design and good technical basis (yeah, I do like BMW :) ), the proportions are really good. We've seen so far 4 different racing versions (GT3, NASCAR - already got its first win in the Xfinity series -, GT500 and now GT4), it's great to see Toyota making such emphasis on sportscar racing with the different apparently planned GT versions of the Supra, LMP1H, plus they do WRC, as well.

I wonder whether they would do a TCR car for customer racing based on the Corolla. According to Wikipedia there's something apparently in the works but who knows - plust there's the 86 on the TC America championship.

More GT4 cars is always a good thing.

Variety is the thing that is so good in tintop racing, so many different cars and concepts.

Last edited:
Back