Production Car Racing (GT4, CTSCC, PWC GTS/TC, MX-5 Cup, etc)Touring Cars 

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 1,869 comments
The longer GT class race is much appreciated by this race fan. Today's race was great from 3rd on back (minus the red flag (which did stop the clock)) and tomorrow's race 2 should be just as good. I could do without the 10 minute pit window and minimum pit time but there's a whole season to figure that out.

The GT4 race was pretty dull up until the safety car. The last 10 minutes were worth suffering through Greg Creamer's commentary.

Last weekend was the opening round for the GT4 Sprint (SRO) at St. Pete's. 1 Camaro was 3rd in the first race (behind the Panoz and Porsche) and reach 2nd and 3rd in the second race after a Mustang. They did pretty well and was good seeing multiple manufacturers on the podium.

I watched the MX5 races at COTA... Probably the worst abuse of track limits I've ever seen.

I watched the MX5 races at COTA... Probably the worst abuse of track limits I've ever seen.
I can only imagine :rolleyes:

Then again, this is what you get when a racetrack basically becomes white lines & kerbing within a large tarmac carpark.

The U.S. national MX-5 series is sanctioned by IndyCar, so they probably used the same "if it's paved, it's ok" philosophy they used for the main series.

This is why these new fangled tracks with miles of asphalt are terrible for racing.

Pretty much. The ultra close finish in Race 1 felt a bit... artificial due to that; It's easier to have close racing if you don't follow the track layout. :lol:

Does it really matter as long as everybody plays by the same rules, especially the sanctioning body? I like the WRS rules but this is not the WRS. I actually dropped out of the WRS due to what I thought was abuse of the rules by a participant. A lot easier for me to quit then an actual race team to do so.

Welcome gents i have a small question, where can i find some info about car specyfication for the PWC TC class ???.

Last edited:
The article has some deep words from him, but why tease?

https://www.supercars.com/news/championship/bowe-regrets-not-making-holden-supercar-switch/

He won three TCM titles in a Ford Mustang before circumstances triggered a switch to a Holden Torana in 2015, which Bowe says still draws significant feedback from Blue Oval fans.

“To me, it doesn’t really matter, it’s not like I’m now associated with Ford, I’m not really,” he said.

“[But] I’d love to be, I’ve got a Ford heart, it’s just that I’m racing a Torana.

“If I had the money, I’d build another TCM car out of an XC Cobra coupe... I reckon an XC Cobra would make an awesome TCM car.”

Back