Production Car Racing (GT4, CTSCC, PWC GTS/TC, MX-5 Cup, etc)Touring Cars 

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 1,869 comments
It was the same story when the Evos raced. I think they need to limit the M3/4 to exhaust and durable hoses, belts, etc. and suspension only. 300hp Evos and STIs are no match. The A45 is fast, but it's no handling machine. I don't know if even an RC F or Q60 could keep up.
The organisers could fix the problem by introducing a $100k price cap on eligible cars.
I think a class structure based on price would work & also bring back a historical element to the race.

Four classes of <$25k, $25,001 - $50k, $50,001 - $75k and $75,001 - $100k.

If they also limit the modifications to safety-related items too, I think it would attract more entries simply by lowering the required spend for a competitive entry.

At the moment the Sherrin's own the rights to a deal with the C.A.M.S for the Australian Production Car Championship & as long as they've got the most likely car to win, why would they want to change that?
I could be wrong but they need to see what will work for the better of the whole class & this race.

The 6-hour doesn't seem to be an attractive proposition to the name (read Supercar) drivers & I believe that is keeping crowd numbers lower than their potential.
James O'Brien as the Promoter of the race must be getting nervous with the combination of a low take at the gate, runaway winners & generally not a lot to shout about.

The organisers could fix the problem by introducing a $100k price cap on eligible cars.
I think a class structure based on price would work & also bring back a historical element to the race.

Four classes of <$25k, $25,001 - $50k, $50,001 - $75k and $75,001 - $100k.

If they also limit the modifications to safety-related items too, I think it would attract more entries simply by lowering the required spend for a competitive entry.

At the moment the Sherrin's own the rights to a deal with the C.A.M.S for the Australian Production Car Championship & as long as they've got the most likely car to win, why would they want to change that?
I could be wrong but they need to see what will work for the better of the whole class & this race.

The 6-hour doesn't seem to be an attractive proposition to the name (read Supercar) drivers & I believe that is keeping crowd numbers lower than their potential.
James O'Brien as the Promoter of the race must be getting nervous with the combination of a low take at the gate, runaway winners & generally not a lot to shout about.
Isn't there a price cap already? Could have swore we had a discussion on it when Sherrin bought the M4.

About the drivers, Chaz, Slade, Baird and Morris are no more. They almost had something when those guys were racing.

The field wasn't bad. New cars in the Scirocco and Golf R and the i30Ns.

The price cap is fine, but the formula that super Taikyu use, even eliminating GT3, GT4, TCR. Their 3500cc class, 2000cc, 1500cc, AWD class. Those work really well as there are variety of machines across the field.

They need to do something real fast.

Last edited:
Isn't there a price cap already? Could have swore we had a discussion on it when Sherrin bought the M4.

About the drivers, Chaz, Slade, Baird and Morris are no more. They almost had something when those guys were racing.

The field wasn't bad. New cars in the Scirocco and Golf R and the i30Ns.

The price cap is fine, but the formula that super Taikyu use, even eliminating GT3, GT4, TCR. Their 3500cc class, 2000cc, 1500cc, AWD class. Those work really well as there are variety of machines across the field.

They need to do something real fast.
I haven't heard or read anything about a price cap myself & if there is, it's too high.

The Sherrins are a prime example of what's wrong when you look at their package. $200k on the car & a rumoured further $200k on their preparation/spares package :eek: How many other teams in the race could even contemplate that kind of spend?

Caught up on the GT4 races at Monza last night. Gotta say, the Camaro is holding it's own. They just need to stay out of the penalty box...

Now we need some Mustangs over there too. And the single Audi R8 surprised me.

I only learned about the Bathurst 6H from John Hindaugh when he mentioned in Midweek Motorsports that he was in Australia for that, didn't have time to check in on the forums here and it's not covered on the sites I typically go to. Nevertheless, caught a few minutes here and there and it was definitely awesome. For one, Bathurst, for two, the pretty good variety of cars (Swift to M4), for three, I'm a filthy BMW fan - who drives an Audi.

Anyway, do you guys know whether the race will find its way to YouTube and if yes, which channel?

On other GT4 news, over the weekend and today morning saw the first time some FFSA GT4 action. I was quite surprised about the Alpines, didn't realize that they have a GT4 version and they delivered, or rather #36 delivered in both races over the Easter weekend.

Finally, saw a few minutes from round 2 of the British GT at Oulton Park. Great circuit, great action, clueless backmarkers in GT4. The UK does know stuff about racing for sure!

Caught up on the GT4 races at Monza last night. Gotta say, the Camaro is holding it's own. They just need to stay out of the penalty box...

Now we need some Mustangs over there too. And the single Audi R8 surprised me.
Oddly, Mustangs run in the British GT. Driven by Andy Priaulx's son.

@TheHun99 B6H is available in its entirety

D4f_8LsUcAMCFhG.jpg
No competing Honda Civic Type-R in the list at all lol. Not sure if it's qualified for this type of race, given that the said car still comes in a ridiculous FF layout, unlike some of its own competitive peers out there. But there's some respective FF cars of Hyundai, Mazda and Suzuki out there so..

images

This is the same group that is running the TCR Endurance race later this year at Spa.

This HAS to happen. All the drivers that wouldn't otherwise make it to the B12H. I've wanted this since the B12H said TCR was invited to the 12H. That didn't happen. SO, a lone TCR race would be fantastic. I bet 65 cars easy.
No Honda Civic Type-R at all lol. Not sure if it's qualified for this type of race, given that the said car still comes in a ridiculous FF layout, unlike some of its own competitive peers out there.

images
The CTR TCR is going to be racing here next month in TCR Australia. There won't be any rwd cars as it's not under the same sanctioning body as BTCC.

This is the same group that is running the TCR Endurance race later this year at Spa.

Oh, yes. Having a 24hr Bathurst race again would be absolutely epic. Makes me wonder if any upgrades to lighting and what not around the track would have to be made first in order for this to happen.

The CTR TCR is going to be racing here next month in TCR Australia. There won't be any rwd cars as it's not under the same sanctioning body as BTCC.
Well, the Civic Type-R is FF so it could definitely compete there. :)

The new ADAC GT4 championship starts at Oschersleben this weekend, too. Live streaming on Youtube, though I think it might be in German only. I know the other ADAC races are available with English commentary, so hopefully it'll be the case for this one as well.

And there's also Blancpain America at VIR. Lots of GT racing for us this week! :D

Which at least in the USA both races will also be on YouTube and Sunday's race is LIVE on CBSSN. 👍

Same up here in Canada. Creamer and Fish are atrocious on commentary, though.

Are the VLN races up on Youtube? Have to try and check them out later.

Yes, they are: . This is the international broadcast with the RLM crew but it's also available in German if you're so inclined.

(It's a bit of a personal trouble/conflict for me, both English and German are second languages for me and speak both fluently. No matter which one I watch, I wonder about the other :) )

I really have to wonder why this guy is doubling up on his pain?

The Swift was the slowest qualifier on the grid & was hopelessly off the pace in its class.
Unless there is a change in the regulations he knows about that we don't know about, he's a glutton for punishment :odd:

@05XR8 if you're a tweeter, can you ask the guy? I'd love to know.

Back