Production Car Racing (GT4, CTSCC, PWC GTS/TC, MX-5 Cup, etc)Touring Cars 

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 1,869 comments
The cost of the current cars is totally out of control. How they allowed that to happen explains to me why the numbers have been so low & never really taken off.

I'll be surprised if they go with the Chev LS motor. That's 20 years old (locally) if you're talking the LS1. I reckon it'll be yet another category using the Ford Coyote. 560bhp in S5000 form should get the punters interested again.

The Supercabs do look better but I suspect they went with the Crew-Cab because they sell more of them & that's what the manufacturers wanted to see. I know some cars have had manufacturer/dealer support so far, I'm just wondering if they'll still be interested.
The Coyote engines are far too expensive imho, and when you can get an HSV 430kw LSA crate engine for 12-13k that's what I'd be running. I'm kinda biased towards those too, because although mine in only 410kw it hauls ass :D.

https://www.holmart.com.au/holden-h...MI6aTYubS45QIVzRiPCh3aQwPxEAYYASABEgJ9PvD_BwE

The Coyote engines are far too expensive imho, and when you can get an HSV 430kw LSA crate engine for 12-13k that's what I'd be running. I'm kinda biased towards those too, because although mine in only 410kw it hauls ass :D.

https://www.holmart.com.au/holden-h...MI6aTYubS45QIVzRiPCh3aQwPxEAYYASABEgJ9PvD_BwE
Don’t worry, I know all about the Chev LS family of engines. I was going to retro-tech my VK at one stage & did all my homework on them.

Not sure the LSA would be a good choice for racing though. Superchargers aren’t the best for circuit racing & the LS3 with a cam would be a much better option. They’re a known quantity from the previous Utes too.

I must say, I’m surprised you’ve got something with an LSA. With your username, I would’ve thought you’d be the blue side of the fence.

Don’t worry, I know all about the Chev LS family of engines. I was going to retro-tech my VK at one stage & did all my homework on them.

Not sure the LSA would be a good choice for racing though. Superchargers aren’t the best for circuit racing & the LS3 with a cam would be a much better option. They’re a known quantity from the previous Utes too.

I must say, I’m surprised you’ve got something with an LSA. With your username, I would’ve thought you’d be the blue side of the fence.
Hey I sold my XR8 and been buying Toyotas, Renaults and Mazdas. Stuff happens ;)
Now that the 2 main sports car series' are in their offseasons we are starting to get news about next year.

Turner will be running 2 cars in next years IMPC.

https://sportscar365.com/imsa/impc/turner-set-to-run-two-bmw-gt4s-in-2020/

Automatic is looking to add a third Aston Martin.

https://sportscar365.com/imsa/impc/automatic-working-on-third-aston-gt4-for-2020/

There will also be an Aston Martin in the SRO GT4 America series.

https://sportscar365.com/sro/gt4-america/tcr-dsg-cup-champ-putt-moves-to-gt4-with-aston-martin/

Things may not be the greatest when it comes to the GT3 category in North America at the moment, but the GT4 class is looking like it will be a great year in 2020!
Loving that Turner are running those M4s. Remind me of the Speedvision TC days.

Any of the LS range would do it 👍.

This is how they should've been from the start. Built for less than the current diesel engined cars with an LS in it... and supercabs look way better.

images-jpg.860346

Most definitely. Always felt that was the more natural progression for the series rather than going to production spec. Think the changes for next year might be too little too late for some fans though.

Cool. Really really hope participants come out with their cars and more jump on this train.
https://www.speedcafe.com/2019/11/03/australian-gt-confirms-2020-gt4-schedule/

Australian GT: 2020 GT4 Calendar

Round Venue Event Date
1 Phillip Island* GT Sportscar Festival March 20-22
2 Mount Panorama Bathurst 6 Hour April 10-12
3 Barbagallo Perth SuperNight May 15-17
4 Phillip Island* Australian Endurance Championship August 14-16
5 The Bend Motorsport Park The Bend OTR 500 September 18-20
6 Mount Panorama Superhceap Auto Bathurst 1000 October 9-11
*standalone GT4 races

Watching Sandown Practice, in the Australian GT session, Peter Hackett(races the #63 AMG GT3) mentioned their AMG GT4 is at the track. At the Bathurst 12H, there was one on display. Hope this means the GT4 will be on the grid next season.

Watching Sandown Practice, in the Australian GT session, Peter Hackett(races the #63 AMG GT3) mentioned their AMG GT4 is at the track. At the Bathurst 12H, there was one on display. Hope this means the GT4 will be on the grid next season.
Let's hope it doesn't gather cobwebs & dust like the Mustang GT4 :rolleyes:

In the Shannons Production race, just then, commentators mentioned one of the entrants currently racing a COmmodore(HSV), might be racing a Camaro next year. At the moment, the Mustang GT is very fast in the field.

Nice to see a TT performing good in the top 4.

Hey Production Car Racing fans! I'm curious about the Michelin Pilot Challenge

For the Grand Sport and TCR classes separately, how many times do they have to pit for fuel and/or tires in the 120 minute races?

Hey Production Car Racing fans! I'm curious about the Michelin Pilot Challenge

For the Grand Sport and TCR classes separately, how many times do they have to pit for fuel and/or tires in the 120 minute races?

Usually 2, but 1 isn't unheard of.

You can see all the pit stops from every race here, just pick the race from the drop down menu than choose Series>Race>Pit Stop Time Cards.

I plan on watching a few, but the few I've checked out so far had safety cars which throw default strategy out the window lol

I'm planning on replicating the series in GT Sport with an online racing series but for the sake of us not being real race car drivers I will shorten it from 120 to 90 minutes. I'm gonna have to check them out to see how the two stop strategy plays out in terms of tires and/or fuel so I know what to set the in-game settings to.

There was some pretty big news today as long-time Ford team KohR is switching to Aston Martin. They must really be upping their game in the States as it seems both IMSA and SRO are seeing an increase in them (Automatic has added a second one for Daytona as well). I'm certainly not complaining. :D

https://sportscar365.com/imsa/impc/kohr-confirms-switch-to-aston-martin-gt4/

Also, there is the possibility we will see the Supra GT4 stateside later in the year.

https://sportscar365.com/imsa/impc/avs-could-give-toyota-supra-gt4-imsa-debut/

And last but not least, this is the livery for the Hailie Deegan/Chase Briscoe Mustang.

Multimatic_22_Shop.jpg

GT3 may be on shaky ground in the U.S., but GT4 seems to be thriving! Hopefully they can keep it up past the Florida 36 weekends.

Looking forward to today's race.
On Trackpass, boo. 1 PM EST
Weather looks good for the weekend. Maybe a little fog Sunday AM..??

GS pole sitter Kuno Wittmer. 👍

kuno wittmercpyrt.jpg

And a photo of the 2019 Lime Rock (and Road America) winning car and tomorrow's GTD pole sitters.
9 911 gtd robichon olsen winners cpyrt.jpg

Looks like NBC needs to update the current running logos for Driver/Make. They show Nate Stacy in a Ford. Nothing like copy and paste from last year! Not sure how Aston Martin feels about that. :lol:

Edit: They fixed it.

Last edited:
Good race, well, good enough. Ended with 15 minute caution.

Bad day for Ford, Honda and McLaren.

="Wynn's wins again. Kelli Stavast's (sp) husband wins too. "]Wynn's wins again. Kelli Stavast's (sp) husband wins too.

Last edited:
Good race, well, good enough. Ended with 15 minute caution.

Bad day for Ford, Honda and McLaren.

Wynn's wins again. Kelli Stavast's (sp) husband wins too.
Check your spoiler. ;)

Opps. Sorry.
I didn't type it in, 1st time using the insert feature and actually saw the spoiler but thought, maybe because I entered the info I could see it anyway. Kinda like some passwords nowadays.

Team Johnson posted in Facebook, they are giving free rides in the XD Falcon at Lakeside(QLD) this Monday. The DJRTP Mustang will also be there for rides.

They say be there 930am for a 10am start.

Back