Project cars 2 bug report Q&A

• Thread starter TDZdave
  • 1,434 comments
I'm not sure if this is a bug or if the game is designed this way, but the "relative times" on the HUD are weird. The gaps to the car ahead or behind yo-yo up and down rather than being fairly constant. E.g. at the end of the straight in barca someone following me would show up to 9 secs behind me, whereas this would be as little as 2.5 on the final chicane.

It's almost like they are a measure of distance, not time. Surely they should be a measure of point to point delta between two cars, which is irrespective of speed.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or if the game is designed this way, but the "relative times" on the HUD are weird. The gaps to the car ahead or behind yo-yo up and down rather than being fairly constant. E.g. at the end of the straight in barca someone following me would show up to 9 secs behind me, whereas this would be as little as 2.5 on the final chicane.

It's almost like they are a measure of distance, not time. Surely they should be a measure of point to point delta between two cars, which is irrespective of speed.
To add to that the one in the upper left, by default, often displays different gaps than the one in the lower left.

Sorry i didn't explain the last part of that very well.

Surely the "relative times" should be the time gap between two cars reaching any given single fixed point. If you imagine two cars circulating with exactly the same lap time, at the moment the gap between the two cars goes up and down whereas it should be a constant.

Hi, @GTsimms can you comment on dreaded collisions with invisible objects on the start/finish straights, is it something SMS can resolve in a patch?
It’s such a strange bug. In my 200+ hours of pCARS 1 and 60 hours of pCARS 2 I’ve never seen anyone have it or experienced it myself. It must be some very specific case that seems to impossible to reproduce reliably. Have you been affected by it frequently and could you have it happen repeatedly for you on pCARS 1?

It’s such a strange bug. In my 200+ hours of pCARS 1 and 60 hours of pCARS 2 I’ve never seen anyone have it or experienced it myself. It must be some very specific case that seems to impossible to reproduce reliably. Have you been affected by it frequently and could you have it happen repeatedly for you on pCARS 1?

For me it was exclusively present in online races (PS4), I don't race AI so can't tell if it happens there, doesn't happen in Practice mode. It was quite frequent in pC1, enough to stop playing pC1 because of that (and other things), few videos:

It's always on the start/finish straight so I would guess it's invisible car, which is not rendered but somehow crash detection is active.

In career mode if a Rain slot is present you get wet tyres on the grid like all the AI Cars if your option is automatic by weather. So you start in wet tyres even if It is dry and magically It rains in 2-3 laps. No weather forecast available.

The problem is that if is you use a customized set-up with different tyres you don't get to know It will Rain and so you start with wrong tyres.

Weather forecast should be available with 2 slots at least.

For me it was exclusively present in online races (PS4), I don't race AI so can't tell if it happens there, doesn't happen in Practice mode. It was quite frequent in pC1, enough to stop playing pC1 because of that (and other things), few videos:

It's always on the start/finish straight so I would guess it's invisible car, which is not rendered but somehow crash detection is active.

Manhole cover?
Ha seriously that's crazy and has not happend to me once.

XXI
Manhole cover?
Ha seriously that's crazy and has not happend to me once.

This actually appears to happen primarily in online races, seems that people that dropped the session, lagged out or game crashed are "visually" removed but their collision box stays behind.

In PCARS2, if you review replays, you will see the car is still visible and solid, and actually what you hit. But in the race it was missing. Basically its a session/netcode issue with the peer to peer servers from what I can tell where the track doesn't get properly cleared... Basically ensure ghosting is turned on in online races and it guarantees no impact on these cars. SMS is looking into this afaik, but dunno when it will be patched.

You're right. The relative times HUD is measuring distances and converting to times using the average speed of the circuit. It's not accurate because in Lemans ie, in the chicanes the delta is 2" and grows to 8" in the fast straights and then decreases to 2" in the next slow turn. The real gap is all the time 4” and the relative is lying because you are not closing or extending the gap.

I've reported this issue in the devs forum few weeks ago. Hope it could be solved soon.

Last edited:
You're right. The relative times HUD is measuring distances and converting to times using the average speed of the circuit. It's not accurate because in Lemans ie, in the chicanes the delta is 2" and grows to 8" in the fast straights and then decreases to 2" in the next slow turn. The real gap is all the time 4” and the relative is lying because you are not closing or extending the gap.

I've reported this issue in the devs forum a long time ago. Hope it could be solved soon.

I'm glad it isn't just me, it really bugs me, as it isn't straightforward to judge the gap to car behind. Thanks for reporting to devs!

Hi

I am on PC and using the Logitech G25 wheel and pedals.

Every time I start up the game, my pedals won´t work. I have to recalibrate the pedals every time and reassign buttons before it works.

Have anyone experienced this issue?

Another issue is in the replay screen and some of the other menu´s. Here it seems like the wheel is turned, so the selection in some of the menu´s just keeps rolling. But the wheel is not turned and I can´t stop the rolling selection of other options. I just have to restart the game.

I do have the newest driver installed for the G25 wheel.

I'm having some issues during Practice and Qualifying for a race. Sometimes as I gain back manual control at pit exit, the car and the wheels part ways, literally, it remains stuck at pit exit all revved up, and the game crashes. So I basically have to restart the session.

Also, sometimes after I qualify for example in 6th position, I still start the race at the back of the grid for no reason. In other occasions, while the car is on the grid, it sinks into the asphalt, 1st gear won't engage, the Severe Damage warning comes up and I have to restart the race again...

Bugs bugs bugs! But it wouldn't be Project Cars without them...

Soooooo, if you don’t click Ready at the screen in between qualifying and the race you will not be able to start the race and you will be placed in the pits. Eventually the game lets you leave the pits just like a practice session. Is this a bug or working as intended?

Tire pressures in the pit strategy never save themselves to the correct value. There either set to full low or full high. I’ve literally double checked all of my strategies at the end of qualifying and then had them all be wrong for the race ready screen. It’s pretty hard to set that many pressures in 2 minutes. @The_American Do you know anything about this? I’ve seen you post a few things about setting up pit strategies.

More proof of a total lack of basic play testing.

Hasn't happened to me, must be a personal issue. The game works fine.

I've play tested the game myself. I played for 15 min in a practice session, and that test told me the game works great.

They'll probably patch it at some point in the future, maybe, at some unknown time, but it'll definitely probably happen.

Until then, just continue to enjoy the hell out of the game, minus the thing you'd like to do.

You should also probably call your gas company and make sure your hookup is solid. Check your grass too, long grass can sometimes cause issues.

Soooooo, if you don’t click Ready at the screen in between qualifying and the race you will not be able to start the race and you will be placed in the pits. Eventually the game lets you leave the pits just like a practice session. Is this a bug or working as intended?

Tire pressures in the pit strategy never save themselves to the correct value. There either set to full low or full high. I’ve literally double checked all of my strategies at the end of qualifying and then had them all be wrong for the race ready screen. It’s pretty hard to set that many pressures in 2 minutes. @The_American Do you know anything about this? I’ve seen you post a few things about setting up pit strategies.

Regarding your saved pit strategies, just make sure the pit strategy you wish to use is selected and not defaulted to the default pit strategy.
Once selected as indicated by a check/tick mark it would remain for the next/intended pit.

I've play tested the game myself. I played for 15 min in a practice session, and that test told me the game works great.

They'll probably patch it at some point in the future, maybe, at some unknown time, but it'll definitely probably happen.

Until then, just continue to enjoy the hell out of the game, minus the thing you'd like to do.

You should also probably call your gas company and make sure your hookup is solid. Check your grass too, long grass can sometimes cause issues.

And this post is useful to this thread how exactly?

So you were able to spectate from the start of a race?

Regarding your saved pit strategies, just make sure the pit strategy you wish to use is selected and not defaulted to the default pit strategy.
Once selected as indicated by a check/tick mark it would remain for the next/intended pit.
It’s not that it chooses a different strategy. The problem is it resets all of my tire pressures to whatever it feels like after each session. Trying to redo them in 2 minutes before the race isn’t possible.

:lol: Don't ya just hate it when you forget to mow the lawn, and then the game starts bugging out :lol:

And this post is useful to this thread how exactly?

So you were able to spectate from the start of a race?

Um... guys... it was obviously a joke. How did you not notice that? lol

@IanBell, not a "bug", but I'd REALLY like the game to store more than 1 gigabyte of replays on my hard drive.

I got that "1GB" error message when I tried to save my 12th replay, which is kind of absurd because my hard drive had over 780 gigs of free space.

One of the key reasons I gave up on Forza 6 was the hard-coded limit of 10 replays (along with a bunch of other silly design decisions which fortunately, SMS avoided as far as I can tell).

To put replays into perspective, I have over 1,000 GT6 replays on my PS3. I dig through these for photo opportunities. (I would have fewer if there was a good search facility)

I think I understand why GT Sport can store many replays and PCars 2 can't.

PCars 2 stores replays in the game save area which appears to be limited by Sony to 1 gigabyte

As far as I can tell, GTS stores replays on my hard drive, and maybe not in the cloud. At least adding replays doesn't increase the GTS game save size.

SMS might want to rethink this design

Um... guys... it was obviously a joke. How did you not notice that? lol

Yeah, I understand it was an attempt at a joke. I don't know if it's because I'm stuck at work I didn't find it funny, mildly annoyed.

Now the other guy on the other hand, thought he was serious. Which is ironic considering his problem with the bugs in the game

It’s not that it chooses a different strategy. The problem is it resets all of my tire pressures to whatever it feels like after each session. Trying to redo them in 2 minutes before the race isn’t possible.

I have had that happen to me ( as have others in the same league) but it isn't every time for me.

Yeah, I understand it was an attempt at a joke. I don't know if it's because I'm stuck at work I didn't find it funny, mildly annoyed.

Now the other guy on the other hand, thought he was serious. Which is ironic considering his problem with the bugs in the game
So unless we know that you will find the joke funny, the attempt shouldn't even be made....

🤬 it, time for a change of scenery, I'm out. Peace until the next patch comes, or something.

So unless we know that you will find the joke funny, the attempt shouldn't even be made....

🤬 it, time for a change of scenery, I'm out. Peace until the next patch comes, or something.

Are you sure you can stay away for that long?:bowdown::lol:

Perhaps that was a bit harsh. But may I suggest to try and keep this thread a bug report Q.A. as the title states, all I'm saying.

Latest Posts

Back