Project cars 2 bug report Q&A

• Thread starter TDZdave
  • 1,434 comments
After running some tests in our league last night all of us could confirm that the formula rookie ffb doesn't work. This included t300 and g29 users - about 10 of us.

In all cases we may be able to get a heavy steering wheel and a feeling of weight to the car but there was zero feel for front or rear tyre traction, no sop and no fx. We have tried many settings on immersive to raw but all agreed it was nothing compared to the rookie in pc1.

Definitely not working and not useable.

That's weird, because we're racing the FR in our support races and we're having good races with 20+ in a lobby.

We're a PC league.
The FFB was very light to start with but that is easily changed on the fly with a volume adjustment.
As for the other FFB effects, they feel the same as any other car, just lighter, probably cos the FR is so light.

Just tried Sugo for the first time and even here there are bugs. 2nd to last corner frame-jumps. Is this getting fixed in the next patch?

Sometimes a lot, sometimes a little bit. Occasionally not at all. It really screws you up. If you fear it you have track spare to use, so you're not fast. If you take more speed but don't pre-empt it properly you run wide. It you try to pre-empt it and it doesn't frame skip, you're screwed again.

Has the sound of fuel going into the car while driving into the pitlane been reported yet?

Not, this specific one. But, it could be the same the video here in the second posting link, try skipping to the 4:00 minute mark.

Last edited:
Not, this specific one. But, it could be the same the video here in the second posting link, try skipping to the 4:00 minute mark.
Yep, that's basically the exact bug i was thinking, the first post was more accurate to what i experienced. In the video, it seemed to only start when he stopped in the pits. I've also had it happen when i didn't add any fuel during the pitstop.

Great, the PC crowd can get attention for "glug-glug-glug" at the wrong time. Meanwhile, PS4 players can't even hear their car's engines if they want to hear voice chat. And if they want to sacrifice voice chat for car noises... it's still at an embarrassingly low volume. I hope you PC guys get that annoying gurgle fixed in an update soon! 👍

Just tried Sugo for the first time and even here there are bugs. 2nd to last corner frame-jumps. Is this getting fixed in the next patch?

Sometimes a lot, sometimes a little bit. Occasionally not at all. It really screws you up. If you fear it you have track spare to use, so you're not fast. If you take more speed but don't pre-empt it properly you run wide. It you try to pre-empt it and it doesn't frame skip, you're screwed again.

I've raced a lot at Sugo and never had that.

Oh dear god. What IS this game doing now?!

I'm wondering if there is a hidden limit to the number of setups you can have. Yet the save data for setups is always 3.15MB. My saved data storage is 490MB after I purged a load of replays to appease Sony.

Oh dear god. What IS this game doing now?!

I'm wondering if there is a hidden limit to the number of setups you can have. Yet the save data for setups is always 3.15MB. My saved data storage is 490MB after I purged a load of replays to appease Sony.

Great voice and accent there bro.

And yeah. This Edit/setup/saving/or not saving bug is a trip for sure.

Great voice and accent there bro.

And yeah. This Edit/setup/saving/or not saving bug is a trip for sure.

You can get around the overwriting issue by saving to a new setup, but now the new setups aren't being saved, even when it initially says it is! I tell you, there are people who work in mental asylums who encounter less madness.

I thought they’ve got rid of the snow/ice conditions incareer mode in the last patch...:banghead:

I returned to the career mode and started a Gr. A race (first of PanAm series) in mount panorama in icy conditions the whole weekend.

They need to change this. It’s a nice feature to have but it doesn’t make sense in career mode.👎

Also, it would be nice to have random weather with no snow or ice conditions in the mix.

@IBZ6L20VT -- Same thing here, I guess SMS didn't catch that one. I simply dropped the AI skill to zero, tip-toed around the minimum race length of three laps, and moved on. At least the ice tires are usable now to get through it.

@IBZ6L20VT -- Same thing here, I guess SMS didn't catch that one. I simply dropped the AI skill to zero, tip-toed around the minimum race length of three laps, and moved on. At least the ice tires are usable now to get through it.
Thanks @Wolfe. Yes, I did that. Even so, the AI was piling up :lol::lol::lol:.

It’s a shame because it was a missed opportunity for a good race. I love Group. A and at 90 AI is giving me a hard time. Very good racing for 30/40 minutes.

I had another bizarre one. In the middle of a lap the game managed to switch my brake and throttle pedals around and reverse by gears. WTF? I had to go back into settings to find that they were set as normal and coming back out again it was fine.

Pity I didn't record that one but it's sad that I feel I have to permanently record my play time to catch all these bugs.

I've noticed that when AI drivers crash and are forced to retire because of the damage, they don't get marked as retired on the leaderboards in the pause menu or at the end of the race. Not really an actual problem for the most part, but in career mode with the multi-class series where there are 10 or less cars in a class, they still end up getting their championship points for "finishing" the race.

Can anyone confirm if the following is a bug please.

Online race, private lobby. Compulsory pit stop on, in pit strat no fuel or tires taken. Stop takes about 5.6 seconds, but then random cars are held in the pit lane for anything up to 10 seconds.

“Pit stop errors” OFF in regs.

@IanBell is this a “feature” with pit stops to mimic real life mistakes even with the specific option off.

If it’s a bug, then will have to change the regs we run for our race league.

Cheers.

After the new xbox One 350mb patch I get game freezes in time trial if I choose Bathurst + Falcon V8 ... the Game load 25% and freeze then and goes back to the dashboard. Other cars on Bathurst are working. Nice Patch :(

I am not sure if anyone posted about this before but I was trying to start at the back in a custom ai race and always got put to the back of my class not the field I did try the few options there ;/

I am not sure if anyone posted about this before but I was trying to start at the back in a custom ai race and always got put to the back of my class not the field I did try the few options there ;/
That's how it works. You'd have to be in the slowest class to start at the back.

Found a new bug in the setup save screen: I decided to delete the text from the Setup Description box to see what happens and I'm back at the save screen with the text "please wait." in the description box and it's been 5 minutes and nothing is happening. The background track views are still moving but no buttons are responding. Will need to reboot the game...

There's definitely a problem with the host migration. I've seen it a few times now. If a host leaves a session they often take several other people with them. It could be to do with their connection speed maybe? A timeout that is too short.

Had an odd bug playing last night. Was in 9th place. Cut a corner and got told by race director to let 10th place by me. However, he had just quit the race and I had no-one to let by....I then got a drive through penalty. Hmm.

I've had this offline too. I don't know if it's a bug as much as it's the penalty system not being optimized. I cut a corner in some way and had to let the position behind me by, but he was 2 seconds behind me and I was fighting for a position. It had nothing to do with him so why should I let him by and lose all that time?

Had a strange one earlier playing around with fuel maps whilst driving a practice session. I started with 100L of fuel on board which should've been good for 40 laps on a rich setting. After about 15 laps and 65L of fuel left, I changed it to normal to see the fuel use difference (and 15hp less). Bored with the lack of pace after another 10 laps or so I switched back to normal. It look me about 5 more laps to notice, but I suddenly only had 3L of fuel left when it should've been about 20-30L! Eh?

Successful practice session I guess - don't mess with the fuel maps!

Latest Posts

Back