Project cars 2 bug report Q&A

• Thread starter TDZdave
  • 1,434 comments
On xbox one x with a tx wheel iam not feeling any kerbs. Tried all 3 ffb flavours and various tweaks within the flavours, should i be getting some rumbling vibrations ? Iam feeling the surface and grass etc fine, just absolutely nothing over kerbs. I have tested the tx wheel on pc Thrustmaster software, its definitely not an issue with the wheel.

Any information about a fix in Patch 3.0 for this FFB bug in nearly every car ?? some cars are fine (only a little bit shaking) but other cars (Ginetta GT5) are unplayable...
The wheel goes crazy if you are on 0 degree, if you go 1 degree left or right, it is fine...

Example: Ginetta GT5 on Watkins Glen - XBox One + Logitech G920

I changed already the FFB settings, it is only okay if i am almost disable the FF which is not a solution for me.

I don't even know if it's a problem with the game or my internet connection/wifi at this point, it doesn't seem to affect the others weirdly.

It happened 2 races in a row just tonight (and a few times the past few days, and past weeks), luckily the first had CRL off. But i've gone from S1433 to S1302 in just a few days thanks to this, it's getting frustrating. To be fair, it's just as much my fault for still playing online before this upcoming long-awaited(wink) patch + being well aware of this issue.

(Note how other players freeze. Also it shows all players still racing if i go into the same lobby, showing the "spectate" button. I was also 10 seconds ahead of 2nd before this happening just to add to the frustration, i'm seriously going to wait for the patch this time..)

Sorry if mentioned, but I didn't go through all reports. Latest patch for PS4's Project Cars 2 and Chevrolet Camaro '69 still doesn't have headlights for dark. I suppose there's few other cars too.

I wonder why there's no separated driving lights and high beams...

Sorry if mentioned, but I didn't go through all reports. Latest patch for PS4's Project Cars 2 and Chevrolet Camaro '69 still doesn't have headlights for dark. I suppose there's few other cars too.

I wonder why there's no separated driving lights and high beams...

Not all race cars have headlamps. Indy cars are a great example!

True an I am aware of it. However, that Camaro should have headlights.

Nope.

Penske-Camaro-1-Mecca-of-Speed.jpg

Attachments

• Penske-Camaro-1-Mecca-of-Speed.jpg
    Penske-Camaro-1-Mecca-of-Speed.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 21
Don't know if this is a known issue, or if it's even a bug. But I've learned that if GAMEPLAY SETTINGS for DRIVING ASSISTS is set to Authentic, and I join an online lobby with different GAMEPLAY SETTINGS, my GAMEPLAY SETTINGS get changed to whatever the host's GAMEPLAY SETTINGS are. Tonight I had to keep changing them back to Authentic for each race in the online lobby. Then, when I went to do some Career races, I had to set my DRIVING ASSISTS back to Authentic again. Kinda makes your eyebrow raise when you see the ABS and TCS lights flickering when you're driving a Ginetta GT5.

ng. Is cross platform compatible now that PS4 and XBox can send data

Not all race cars have headlamps. Indy cars are a great example!

Actually i would enjoy an option to "force" headlights. There are some car classes in which some cars have headlights and some not. For example GTO class with Ferrari F40, Diablo and Nissan with headlights and others without. I would love to make night GTO race, but some of AI cars are nearly invisible in the dark :D For example in GTO class there are some LeMans cars, and AI is not selecting Headlights only versions in night races.

As an option like "assists" or something like that it would be nice addition.

I've suddenly started having issues with career mode, when I select a car and sign a contract it is creating a blue screen with an error code and sending me back to the dashboard, it's happened on the 'SCR World' championship (but only when I picked LMP2 cars, Ligier and Oreca) and 'PWC GT' (I can't select anything).
Edit: This was happening when the console was offline, when connected to the internet it is working fine and I can enter what I want.

Last edited:
This was a new one for me tonight. I joined a public lobby, ran a couple laps for qualifying, and made a couple tuning adjustments. When it was time to "READY" up, my screen was frozen. However, the little yellow download icon was present the whole time. As soon as the race started I was hoping to be placed on the grid, but this is what I got:

After the race, my screen was still frozen (download icon still "downloading") and I had to restart the game.

Don't know if this is a known issue, or if it's even a bug. But I've learned that if GAMEPLAY SETTINGS for DRIVING ASSISTS is set to Authentic, and I join an online lobby with different GAMEPLAY SETTINGS, my GAMEPLAY SETTINGS get changed to whatever the host's GAMEPLAY SETTINGS are. Tonight I had to keep changing them back to Authentic for each race in the online lobby. Then, when I went to do some Career races, I had to set my DRIVING ASSISTS back to Authentic again. Kinda makes your eyebrow raise when you see the ABS and TCS lights flickering when you're driving a Ginetta GT5.
That's a known issue. Regression introduced in patch 2.0. Should be fixed next patch.

I’m not sure if this has been mentioned before, and I’m not sure if it’s a bug or an actual rule in GT3.
But, TC and ABS are ON in every practice and qualifying I’m doing, but OFF in races.
It happens in career mode and it has also happened in online races.
Have anyone in this wonderful community tried the same?

I’m not sure if this has been mentioned before, and I’m not sure if it’s a bug or an actual rule in GT3.
But, TC and ABS are ON in every practice and qualifying I’m doing, but OFF in races.
It happens in career mode and it has also happened in online races.
Have anyone in this wonderful community tried the same?
I haven't encountered that. GT3 allows ABS and TCS. If your GAMEPLAY settings are set to Authentic, then this should be the rule for qualifying and racing. Have a look at your GAMEPLAY settings, as they are getting changed without you changing them (they get reset when you go into an online lobby). It's a bug that's being worked on - so I'm told.

(Actually, if you go up about 1-9 posts, you'll see where I encountered something similar.)

And I'm sorry if I'm assuming you're looking for authentic settings. That's not everyone's cup of tea, even though it's my preference.

Last edited:
I haven't encountered that. GT3 allows ABS and TCS. If your GAMEPLAY settings are set to Authentic, then this should be the rule for qualifying and racing. Have a look at your GAMEPLAY settings, as they are getting changed without you changing them (they get reset when you go into an online lobby). It's a bug that's being worked on - so I'm told.

(Actually, if you go up about 1-9 posts, you'll see where I encountered something similar.)

And I'm sorry if I'm assuming you're looking for authentic settings. That's not everyone's cup of tea, even though it's my preference.

My settings have been on Authetic all the time since september 22.
Last time i had it happen, was on Oschersleben A course in the Porsche GT3 in career mode.
Must be bug..

This was a new one for me tonight. I joined a public lobby, ran a couple laps for qualifying, and made a couple tuning adjustments. When it was time to "READY" up, my screen was frozen. However, the little yellow download icon was present the whole time. As soon as the race started I was hoping to be placed on the grid, but this is what I got:

After the race, my screen was still frozen (download icon still "downloading") and I had to restart the game.

That also just happened to me.

I have my settings to authentic and I've always assumed that if I'm in a car that uses either stability control or ABS that those icons will be inside the tach/speedometer thing in the lower right of the screen and when either one of them activates they will turn green. But when I drive cars that have one one or none of those aids, I can sometimes see a green flash where say ABS would be. Does that mean that ABS is still somehow being activated?

I think there’s a bug in the “showing active assists” feature. I use authentic, and I miss understood the setup page description for TCS. I put in 1%, thinking it was the lowest TCS available, but it was actually allowing 1% of tire slip. The car started to behave strangely, and I would loose power coming out of corners, but no assist indicator would turn on. It really made me think I was a really bad driver. I was 5 seconds slower then the last AI car. Then, I changed it to 100%, and suddenly I was 2 seconds faster than the first AI. lol

Don't understand that one. I think in the gt3 rules there is no refueling during race. Unless I misunderstood.

Yes .It's in the reglement. But i can refueling before the race. Even not in pratice. Stuck with 50 KG off fuel. For make the race with 5 minutes it's ok but for full lenght it's impossible.

Back