Project cars 2 bug report Q&A

• Thread starter TDZdave
  • 1,434 comments
pcars2 is installed on windows10 and the 5.1 sound is not working on all the boxes, when it changes the output and I go back to previous output changes the boxes that are working. Another problem is when windows10 resolves to download updates or run the anti virus (defend), I had problems stuttering in the opening of the game pcars1 and pcars2, I took a big scare, I thought my PC had spoiled.

i cant join multiplayer.

i can see the mutiplayer lobby, but when i try to join one, after 1-2 mins of waiting it says either:
- host migration failed.
- failed to join multiplayer session

Let me know, maybe it was a lucky shot. I check in 3 hours again.

I had the same problem when I loaded up the game after it froze (connected my shifter during a practice session then left it connected when rebooting game) and couldn't work out what the hell was going on.. thankfully to you it's all fixed and works now, so anyone having the same problem UNPLUG YOUR SHIFTER when starting the game!

I've only experienced 2 bugs and they're not major problems.

Damage not repaired visually

The transparent Stop sign in the pits.

i cant join multiplayer.

i can see the mutiplayer lobby, but when i try to join one, after 1-2 mins of waiting it says either:
- host migration failed.
- failed to join multiplayer session
It's been reported more often today, devs have been notified.

I had the same problem when I loaded up the game after it froze (connected my shifter during a practice session then left it connected when rebooting game) and couldn't work out what the hell was going on.. thankfully to you it's all fixed and works now, so anyone having the same problem UNPLUG YOUR SHIFTER when starting the game!
And just to help solidify the issue, you're using a Thrustmaster TH8A as well, right?

Downshift issue seems that it is an issue on some cars and not on others.
I haven't did enough testing to be completely sure but it seems that what ever downshift protection was added does not take into account the top revs of the engine. For example the 66 Mustang has a low revving engine and will allow you to downshift even when you shouldn't where as the Porsche has a high revving engine and will not allow you to downshift even though it should not be a problem at that point.

So in 3rd gear at 5500 rpms the Mustang will downshift and go into the red but the Porsche will not downshift at all until you drop more rpms.

Hi Everybody

i have some bugs, and i'm on PS4 Pro.
- I crashed close to the end of a race in single player mode and finished the race in the pits. So i started the replay mod (means from the start of the race) but the game didn't refresh the visual damages.
I also restarted the race with the same car but the game doesn't refresh visual damages.

- Sometimes, i also have textures display bugs. i mean, for example, in the trees, all textures are disappearing.

Bug 2.jpg
Bug.jpg

My first race had me finish second in the Ginetta Juniors. The race results were reflected correctly but the 'Podium' screen completely omitted me and just showed the top 3 drivers that were CPU machines. :lol:

Has been playing this all day and one thing is really annoying me. When your driving a h-pattern car and downshift, the revs goes into idle until you touch the throttle again. I can heel&toe to solve this but really frustrated with it. Is there something I`m missing here or it is a bug? Other than that, really great game!

So I just tried it and not only will the game still not load past the menu, but it bricked my wheel. I'm pretty furious right now.

Anyone experiencing problems braking and downshifting older cars on the G25?

The more i read i´m starting to think it´s a brake force/sensitivity issue.

I know the G25 brake pedal is absolutely the worst, but sensitivity issues are over the top in the default config. I was locking up the tires of the McLaren F1 even with ABS low.

I tend to drop brake pressure, give it a try

I will, because it was crazy last night.

I thought the problem was with the downshifting on older cars. (manual clutch and all), but the feeling of "braking like i was on neutral" i guess it was more due to the locking up going on at the same time. The engine would only go back to life by pumping the gas, which meant letting of the brake.

I don´t have a lot of coordination for heel and toe, so i´ve always done it differently

Has anyone had issues with adjusting and then saving HUD changes?
I can adjust, just won't save, goes back to default every time.

I'm using Standard PS4 with controller.

After moving stuff around press a button on the D-pad, make sure "save" is selected using the D-pad and press it. It took me a few times to figure it out.

After moving stuff around press a button on the D-pad, make sure "save" is selected using the D-pad and press it. It took me a few times to figure it out.
Try using a wheel! I have to turn on the DS4, move the HUD elements around, but I can't save until I turn off the pad, and then I have to use the wheel to press X to save. Right mission lol

Ok cheers, I'll give that a go.
I was moving the little circle thingy to "save" and pressing X

You absolute legend!!! That worked.
I was being a little silly, thank you!!

On a side note, if you pause the game and then unpause by selecting "Resume Session" using X, it will change gear which is a little annoying.

I have manual gears and assigned Cross as UP and Square as Down

Last edited by a moderator:
PS4
The only bug I'm noticing is the voice over not working for me.
All the text is there, no voice.
All settings enabled, volume on 100.

Edit: It's working just fine, realized it only comes through the DS4 not TV.
Had my DS4 volume turned off.

Last edited:
Amazing experience so far especially in VR. Race 4 at Ruapuna in the snow in Formula Rookie career mode is completely broken. Can't resume career can't join multiplayer atm. Come on guys iron out these bugs. You have a bloody good game here. Make it work

Well this is very worrying, as I have not seen anyone else mention the hug issue I’m having.

On PS4, put the weather to sunny. No matter what track I try, it’s always completely overcast.

I have tried, partly cloudy, overcast sunny and even rain and snow. No matter what I do it’s always just overcast. Even rebooted the system twice. Nothing

EDIT: I figured it out, I was putting it for the race settings. LOL

Last edited:
PC user. During qualifying, I have been on pole by an interval of 5 seconds, after allowing enough time for AI to set all their laps. If I "skip to end of session", even with one minute remaining, the AI qualifying times suddenly jump 5-10 seconds faster than my time, putting me at the back of the grid.

Earlier I laid down a good time and went to get some groceries while the qualifying ran and I got my pole. Every single other time that I skipped to the end I had my issue with an impossible quali time from all AI drivers.

It would be "ok" for now except changing the race length does not change the qualifying length and I don't want to sit around waiting for 25 minutes for a 10 minute race if I'm done my hot lap. It makes the career mode almost unplayable.

A friend on PS4 reported the same during practice sessions.

Yep you have no choice but to sit through the entire quali session or you'll get screwed. Career mode is so broken right now. Hopefully mp is up and running again later so I can jump in a few cars/tracks that actually work right now.

Hi guys,

Time Trial, Bathurst.

Can the penalties and invalid lap times be relaxed? Half a car over the curb is not cutting the track. Coming into the chase and going over the line gives you a invalid lap. Also can you stop the next lap as being invalid?

After restarting time trial the car doesn't reset. Might have already been said....

Where can you reasign the options button? On my G29 i use the O button to stop the game, its hard to hit the option button between the PS & share buttons.

By the way, the game is awesome so far, already better than iRacing...

PS4 1.

Why isn't my T500 working on the PS 4 Pro. Bought the whole digital packet. Start to feel like PC 1 in the beginning,
Unplug TH8 if you have one, plug back in when past the splash screen. Won't see the wheel with the shifter connected, slight bug

Back