Project CARS 2 Car List

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 2,206 comments
I know and I appreciate. I'm just pointing out where the contrary isn't the case. :)
There is no contrary case. It's an Evo VI. Mitsubishi didn't make an Evo VI in 2016. Unless you are also not going to call it a Mitsubishi. Even iRacing calls the 1934 Ford the 1934 Ford. But you do you, man.

I know and I appreciate. I'm just pointing out where the contrary isn't the case. :)

There is no contrary case. It's an Evo VI. Mitsubishi didn't make an Evo VI in 2016. Unless you are also not going to call it a Mitsubishi. Even iRacing calls the 1934 Ford the 1934 Ford. But you do you, man.

Don't you just hate it when 2 people are saying the same thing but from opposite ends? It's all a matter of perspective really, but I see what you are both trying to say. Let me try and rephrase it so that you can both just shake hands and drink beers :lol::cheers:

What @crowhop is saying is that the car itself (the original chassis, body, etc) is a pre 2000 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VI - This is 100% correct

What @jake2013guy is saying is that the Team SVA Time Attack version as represented in the game is the 2016 spec RACE version, built according to the 2016 Time Attack technical regulations. This does NOT negate the fact that the base car is still a pre 2000 car.

So, you are both correct. It is a 2016 spec Time Attack car built using a pre 2000 road car. Fair enough?

The confusion stems from the fact that one side is talking about the original chassis, and the other side is talking about the race trim version represented in the game. Both are right. It's just a matter of perspective and semantics really.

Can I have My Nobel Peace Prize now? :lol::lol:

Don't you just hate it when 2 people are saying the same thing but from opposite ends? It's all a matter of perspective really, but I see what you are both trying to say. Let me try and rephrase it so that you can both just shake hands and drink beers :lol::cheers:

What @crowhop is saying is that the car itself (the original chassis, body, etc) is a pre 2000 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VI - This is 100% correct

What @jake2013guy is saying is that the Team SVA Time Attack version as represented in the game is the 2016 spec RACE version, built according to the 2016 Time Attack technical regulations. This does NOT negate the fact that the base car is still a pre 2000 car.

So, you are both correct. It is a 2016 spec Time Attack car built using a pre 2000 road car. Fair enough?

The confusion stems from the fact that one side is talking about the original chassis, and the other side is talking about the race trim version represented in the game. Both are right. It's just a matter of perspective and semantics really.

No. You can't. Because I like my Nobel Peas Prize.

Now if only I can get the DMV to change my Title because I tuned my car with parts built in 2016.

Now if only I can get the DMV to change my Title because I tuned my car with parts built in 2016.

I all fairness, there is a difference between "Model Year" and "Race Spec Year". Personally, I prefer using the older year for DMV (or MTO as we call it in Ontario) because it keeps my taxes lower :lol:

I all fairness, there is a difference between "Model Year" and "Race Spec Year". Personally, I prefer using the older year for DMV (or MTO as we call it in Ontario) because it keeps my taxes lower :lol:
Resale value, man. A 2016 Merc C280 is worth a lot more than a 2000 model! My car is ONE OF A KIND!

Truly though, that race car has a VIN. The VIN will dictate the year model.
whistling.gif

Was just going through the car list and they still have about 110 cars left to reveal...man I'm ready. Seems like so far half the cars revealed are new and if that's the trend then there's probably at least another 50 New to series cars to be included. Not bad. SMS is definitely going all out with the car roster so far though, props to them.

Was just going through the car list and they still have about 110 cars left to reveal...man I'm ready. Seems like so far half the cars revealed are new and if that's the trend then there's probably at least another 50 New to series cars to be included. Not bad. SMS is definitely going all out with the car roster so far though, props to them.

Well... Most should be from Project Cars 1 so not so much. But we still don't know witch one will get to te Pcars 2 :)

They seem to be doing the reveals Manufacturer by Manufacturer.

We have yet to hear any specifics about Ferrari, Porsche and Lamborghini, even though we know that those manufacturers will be there. I think those reveals are the ones we are most eager to see/hear.

They seem to be doing the reveals Manufacturer by Manufacturer.

We have yet to hear any specifics about Ferrari, Porsche and Lamborghini, even though we know that those manufacturers will be there. I think those reveals are the ones we are most eager to see/hear.
Probably saving the best for last lol. Bet we won't hear anything about those til E3

Am I the only one getting annoyed by the almost daily press release for each individual car that PCARS is going to have? Seriously, each car in the game is not newsworthy. Looking forward to checking the game out in the Fall though.

I know I whined before about the old GT3 content being scrapped, but could it have pained SMS to at least keep some of the old road cars they were based upon?

Just an assumption, but I'm dissapointed we might not be seeing the SLS or first-gen R8.

Am I the only one getting annoyed by the almost daily press release for each individual car that PCARS is going to have? Seriously, each car in the game is not newsworthy. Looking forward to checking the game out in the Fall though.

It's called Marketing.

Everyone wants news abotu the game on a daily basis. Well, what else is there to give news about on a daily basis? Most of the game's content is CARS......

Personally, I like the way they are doing it by giving us some additional insights into the historical significance of each of the cars, and even a bit about what it took to put the car in the game properly.

I seem to recall lots of people wanting more of this kind of information in the first game. Now we are finally getting it.

@MrWaflz55 I'm not. They haven't revealed things and talked about stuff. Then, go cold turkey for a year or two.

Dangling that Kenmeri write up had me on edge until I scrolled down. Hopefully both original GT-Rs make the cut as DLC.
I'm HAPPY!

I know I whined before about the old GT3 content being scrapped, but could it have pained SMS to at least keep some of the old road cars they were based upon?

Just an assumption, but I'm dissapointed we might not be seeing the SLS or first-gen R8.

That is entirely up to the license owner..... and most companies will want their current or next gen cars highlighted as that is what is available for purchase today. Never forget that the main motivation for the manufacturers to license their cars to a game producer is to SELL the cars. Or at least create a loyal following, and hopefully future buyers.

That is entirely up to the license owner..... and most companies will want their current or next gen cars highlighted as that is what is available for purchase today. Never forget that the main motivation for the manufacturers to license their cars to a game producer is to SELL the cars. Or at least create a loyal following, and hopefully future buyers.

Didn't seem to bother those liscence holders when PD or Turn 10 keep the old stuff in while bringing on new content.

Didn't seem to bother those liscence holders when PD or Turn 10 keep the old stuff in while bringing on new content.

And we have no idea of how the license agreements differ...... Different executives at the helm now than at the time PD and Turn10 signed their deals. SO many unknowns in there.... new lawyers, new market pressures, etc.

Far too many variables for us on the outside to really have any idea of why.

My point is, that it is not up to SMS. It is up to the license owner since they set the rules.

And we have no idea of how the license agreements differ...... Different executives at the helm now than at the time PD and Turn10 signed their deals. SO many unknowns in there.... new lawyers, new market pressures, etc.

Far too many variables for us on the outside to really have any idea of why.

My point is, that it is not up to SMS. It is up to the license owner since they set the rules.

I suppose you are correct that it's out of SMS' control, but it doesn't make it suck any less. I might just have to hang onto PCARS 1 after all instead of selling it like I planned.

Some of the cars in the list don't have links/sources, how do you know the Ferrari 488 GT3 and GTE are in for example? Just curious

I suppose you are correct that it's out of SMS' control, but it doesn't make it suck any less. I might just have to hang onto PCARS 1 after all instead of selling it like I planned.
You do realize they still have another 110ish cars that has yet to be revealed right? There's a chance, relax. There have been more race/ track type cars being shown lately I'm sure there's a decent amount of road cars in there still.

Well if the Hasemi Motorsport DR30 Skyline Group 5 plays well (Balanced) with the BMW and ZakSpeed I would be very happy. If SMS throws a Group 5 Porsche into the mix? :bowdown: Very interested in the GT3 GTR too.
I believe the porsche 935 Moby D is included. It was seen in one of the trailers, will have to look quick. It may even be in the car list with a link to the snip. Group 5 is shaping up well so far though just need a couple more additions.

I believe the porsche 935 Moby D is included. It was seen in one of the trailers, will have to look quick. It may even be in the car list with a link to the snip. Group 5 is shaping up well so far though just need a couple more additions.
Was a placeholder intro although does look goodish.

False. Another example where an old spec car isn't the same year as the road car is the Vantage GT3/GTE cars. The road car was unveiled in 2009 and the new spec GTE was first raced in 2016. This is not an original car. It's based on the Vantage but it's been changed.
Not entirely true. The Vantage has been around and racing since 2008. The GT2/GTE version definitely has been around that long.

Back