Project CARS 2 Car List

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 2,206 comments
Forza has RUF and Porsche at the same time. The CTR3 will also be missing, so scratch one car from the GT1X class.

As I said before, Porsche was ADDED via DLC after Ruf was already in the game. They did NOT release a brand new title that included both. Apparently Porsche is stipulating one or the other in any new titles. They can't force existing games to remove content. That's the ONLY reason F5 and AC have both.... Porsche was ADDED as DLC AFTER the title had launched.

Forza has RUF and Porsche at the same time. The CTR3 will also be missing, so scratch one car from the GT1X class.

The last Forza to have Ruf and Porsche is Horizon 2, the most recent Motorsport 6 and Horizon 3 doesn't have Ruf. Motorsport 6 has Porsche as DLC and the trend seems to continue for Horizon 3 as well.

I still think it's ridiculous that SMS decided to drop assets because they're "too old" or something.

Well I still think it's ridiculous that you can't wrap your head around MANUFACTURER LICENSING AGREEMENTS and all the rules they mandate. These companies want games to showcase their CURRENT cars.

And as for keeping the older cars around, what's the point? Are you really so attached to your McLaren MP4-12C GT3 that you will willingly get spanked in every race because you are in an outdated car that is no longer competative wiht the newer ones that everyone else is racing? There is a reason why cars get replaced in the real world. Why should the virtual world be any different?

Well I still think it's ridiculous that you can't wrap your head around MANUFACTURER LICENSING AGREEMENTS and all the rules they mandate. These companies want games to showcase their CURRENT cars.

And as for keeping the older cars around, what's the point? Are you really so attached to your McLaren MP4-12C GT3 that you will willingly get spanked in every race because you are in an outdated car that is no longer competative wiht the newer ones that everyone else is racing? There is a reason why cars get replaced in the real world. Why should the virtual world be any different?

Well, too much for "unexplained reasons", that was bang on.

BUT... but... don't forget about road cars and track day events. PCars has a McLaren day where you race F1, 12C, and P1. So it would be nice to keep the road version and expand on that idea with more events within all manufacturers. It wouldn't be central to the game, but still nice.

Last edited:
Well, too much or "unexplained reasons" haha

BUT... but... don't forget about road cars and track day events. PCars has a McLaren day where you race F1, 12C, and P1. So it would be nice to keep the road version and expand on that idea with more events within all manufacturers. It wouldn't be central to the game, but still nice.

It wouldn't bother me at all either if they kept the road car, but at the same time I completely understand why McLaren might want them to remove it in favor of the newer car.

Not always our choice man. It would be zero work for us to keep those, we already did the work in the last game. However there are business negotiations involved in a lot of this. Even making games is a business

edit; ninja'd

In my opinion make sense that the manufacturers prefer the fresh models in the game
For example the gt3 class (love that class),if the SMS refresh with the new cars, i thing this is the right to be done.
To mantain the game updated ,all the new racing cars in the vast categories in world, if the manufactures allowed need to be part of the game.
But just to remenber we players need the icons racing cars from the past
This is a racing game
And of course a good selection of road cars in the game too

I wonder how many recently revealed cars this game could have. The Mclaren 720S is in, would be nice to have a Ferrari 812 Superfast and a Lamborghini Huracan Performante.

Loving the Car roster so far.

Would love to see the BTCC Renault Laguna in this game, that was a car that was supposidly going to be in Project Cars 1 but for whatever reason was scrapped and replaced with another Renault which I was deeply disappointed about.

If the Primera BTCC also ends up being true.

A super touring era series in this game would be the ultimate "shut up and take my money" for this game.

Loving the Car roster so far.

Would love to see the BTCC Renault Laguna in this game, that was a car that was supposidly going to be in Project Cars 1 but for whatever reason was scrapped and replaced with another Renault which I was deeply disappointed about.

If the Primera BTCC also ends up being true.

A super touring era series in this game would be the ultimate "shut up and take my money" for this game.
Actually, it was replaced with 2 cars. :P

I think they couldn't find any referencing or anything of the like which is why it wasn't put in. Unless anything's changed, I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't in.

I hope we get a hint of potential Virgin Australia Supercars in the game. Still haven't gotten a response from some of the teams I've asked.

Forza has two in FH3(don't know why the Altima was excluded). Seeing how there are only three marques and they are readily available(same cars are run in the lower tier Supercars 2 teams as well), should be easy to get them in.

3 amazing British made cars. Want to see some more from Italy, Germany, France, USA and Japan to wet my appetite on this tasty looking game.

Last edited:
Back