Project CARS 2 Car List

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 2,206 comments
Honestly read that headline totally wrong. Read it as 2 new cars and saw three in the article and was like can't the author count.
Granted,2 or 3 cars,it's always more and better than what gt sport is bringing to the table imo!
I mean look at that screenshot with the jaguar in the rain with the lightning bolt,that's what i was expecting from gt sport on ps4,it still is dissapointing they don't have dynamic weather or like how forza 6 does it.

3 amazing British made cars. Want to some more from Italy, Germany, France, USA and Japan to wet my appetite on this tasty looking game.
The focus was just Japanese with 2 great Nissan cars revealed in detail. :)
What I would like to see it a bit more info on the modern prototype race cars since apart from that LMP3 Ginetta nothing has been said yet. But to quote Ian, all in good time... :)

The focus was just Japanese with 2 great Nissan cars revealed in detail. :)
What I would like to see it a bit more info on the modern prototype race cars since apart from that LMP3 Ginetta nothing has been said yet. But to quote Ian, all in good time... :)

I know. But for me GT Sport's car list is lacking - I don't want to get in to an argument. It just isn't doing it FOR MYSELF - and one of the things I want from my next purchase. If PCars 2 can give me a diverse range of cars (and tracks) in the spirit of Gran Turismo, which made me fall in love with the genre, than bring it on. Doesn't have to be in the 100's or up to a 1000. Just a nice amount of each class for a full starting grid. Like my races to feel like competitve races. I love cars from most classes and eras. The more they announce, the more I love.

I sound like a child... cannot convey message in any other way☺

Last edited:
I know. But for me GT Sport's car list is lacking - I don't want to get in to an argument. It just isn't doing it FOR MYSELF - and one of the things I want from my next purchase. If PCars 2 can give me a diverse range of cars (and tracks) in the spirit of Gran Turismo, which made me fall in love with the genre, than bring it on. Doesn't have to be in the 100's or up to a 1000. Just a nice amount of each class for a full starting grid. Like my races to feel like competitve races. I love cars from most classes and eras. The more they announce, the more I love.

I sound like a child... cannot convey message in any other way☺

You sound perfectly reasonable to me - wanting a good range of cars across a range of classes and era's sounds perfectly reasonable.

Polyphony Digital never could strike the right balance. Far too much Japanese bias. Turn10's approach has been very fair to all countries and has the best car lists of any series. But these are car-collecting games and Ian has said this is not their philosophy.

Project Cars definitely had a British bias in the first game, but I can already see how the tide is turning in the sequel. I'm very excited for the new reveals. Nothing gets the community more hyped than a new car or track reveal. It's a magical thing.

Last edited:
Polyphony Digital never could strike the right balance. Far too much Japanese bias. Turn10's approach has been very fair to all countries and has the best car lists of any series. But these are car-collecting games and Ian has said this is not their philosophy.

I absolutely understand that. But just as important to me as the inclusion of an interesting car in a racing game is the competition it can compete against. Otherwise it becomes quite redundant. I would love to see the inclusion of a Porsche 962, as it is one of my all time favorites. But what would make it's inclusion in a game even more interesting would be if it could compete with say C9, 905, XJR-9, 787B and other Le Mans winners or group C cars. But if it didn't have the relevant competiton from the same class than I be would glad see it excluded in favour of another vehicle that did. Gives each cars inclusion in a racing game another dimension.

I absolutely understand that. But just as important to me as the inclusion of an interesting car in a racing game is the competition it can compete against. Otherwise it becomes quite redundant. I would love to see the inclusion of a Porsche 962, as it is one of my all time favorites. But what would make it's inclusion in a game even more interesting would be if it could compete with say C9, 905, XJR-9, 787B and other Le Mans winners or group C cars. But if it didn't have the relevant competiton from the same class than I be would glad see it excluded in favour of another vehicle that did. Gives each cars inclusion in a racing game another dimension.

My original post was a more general one, aimed at no one in particular. We are definitely on the same page when it comes to competition; it's a large reason why I was so worried about the road car classes in P Cars 2 (the original classes were not great). But it seems they're reworking them completely.

Competition is so important. I'm with ya. I always thought the race car classes in P Cars 1 has solid competition but that the road cars were lacking. With 175 cars, I would hope each class had at least 7-10 competitive choices.

I agree with this 100% which is why in my list of car suggestions in another thread I focussed on naming cars which could be added to provide competition to cars already in Project Cars 1.

Competition is so important. I'm with ya. I always thought the race car classes in P Cars 1 has solid competition but that the road cars were lacking. With 175 cars, I would hope each class had at least 7-10 competitive choices.

That may not be possible - If there are over 30 classes with over 12 cars in GT3 plus an expansion of GT4, 175 cars would not allow the classes to be that full. It might not be a problem however as some classes do not need many cars for realistic racing and the use of multi-class with up to 4 classes on track at once could lead to some great looking grids. We also don't know how SMS are constructing the classes and they may be quite imaginative with that in order to create great racing - for example in PC1 Group A contains a Sierra and BMW which in reality were in different classes within Group A, but in the game are great to race against each other.

With the exception of maybe gt3(gte), gt4, and road cars. Gt3 should have the most cars, I can think of over a dozen modern gt3/e cars they can add. Same with gt4

That's right forgot about that. There's still probably close to a dozen gt3 class cars that can make it into this game and maybe 5-6 gte cars
The GTE cars that are in competition this year are the Corvette, Aston Martin, Ford, Porsche and BMW. (GTLM in IMSA)

I can't wait for the Ferrari 488 GT3 and GTE even though they have only been confirmed in "unofficial" screenshots. I think it's safe to say they'll be in the game. Here's a AF Corse livery I made from the WEC in the newest Need For Speed game. I never fully finished it, but it's just missing some sponsor logos.
IMG_1351.JPG

IMG_1352.JPG

IMG_1353.JPG

Back