Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Tier 3: Group 5

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Tier 3: Renault Sport RS01

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Tier 3: RX Lites International

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
Has anyone done the Global Endurance Championship yet? It says you get double points for the longest race (which I assume is Le Mans 24hrs). However I won the 4 hours of Silverstone and we all got double points?! This was the same length race as round 1 which was NOT double points..... weird. This happen to anyone else??

What's up with the Touring Car Masters Euro series in tier 2? 16 cars on track: 10 Touring cars, 4 Gt3s, and 2 GT4s. I wasn't given an option to select a class other than TC and there would be very little competition in the other two classes anyway. It kind of feels like the GTs shouldn't even be there and it should just be a field of 16 TCs instead.

What's up with the Touring Car Masters Euro series in tier 2? 16 cars on track: 10 Touring cars, 4 Gt3s, and 2 GT4s. I wasn't given an option to select a class other than TC and there would be very little competition in the other two classes anyway. It kind of feels like the GTs shouldn't even be there and it should just be a field of 16 TCs instead.

I think the intention of this one is to give you a taste of multi-class racing, not much more. I actually enjoyed it in the Megane, was hanging with GT3's for a lot of it, and beat the GT4's.

Is there a Le Mans 24 Hours in Career Mode?

I am half way through the "Global Endurance Championship" and I can see that the final round is at Le Mans but I cant see the race duration yet. All I can see is that the race starts at 5:00am?! Is this PCARS2 new version of the 24hour race??

Is there a Le Mans 24 Hours in Career Mode?

I am half way through the "Global Endurance Championship" and I can see that the final round is at Le Mans but I cant see the race duration yet. All I can see is that the race starts at 5:00am?! Is this PCARS2 new version of the 24hour race??
It's a 24h race but with strange timings, all the night at the end.

Ah cheers. Thats strange??!! I wonder why SMS did that? Licencing maybe?

I really doubt licensing could stop them from setting the race start time to match the real race. Maybe they thought it would be more exciting to have night be at the end of the race? Or, doesn't the real race start at 15:00 local time at the track? Maybe they meant to set it to 15:00 but accidently set it to 5:00 instead...

I really doubt licensing could stop them from setting the race start time to match the real race. Maybe they thought it would be more exciting to have night be at the end of the race? Or, doesn't the real race start at 15:00 local time at the track? Maybe they meant to set it to 15:00 but accidently set it to 5:00 instead...

Hope it's a mistake that gets fixed , as that sucks ! You shouldn't mess with things like the 24 hr Le man .

Seriously starting to hate career mode :mad: Is there a point why it has to rain rain rain rain every single race?

Right now i'm doing the WC GT3 at spa and guess what is raining and i'm on soft slicks :banghead::banghead::banghead:

every race with rain to the point is starting to get repetitive.

Last edited:
Career mode should be the meat and potatoes of this game but when you scratch further beneath the surface you realise it's barely moved on from PC1 at all and few lessons have been learned.

All because of the stubbornness not to implement custom championships - if the career mode worked well we wouldn't need them but sadly it doesn't and the games long term appeal suffers for it

Seriously starting to hate career mode :mad: Is there a point why it has to rain rain rain rain every single race?

Right now i'm doing the WC GT3 at spa and guess what is raining and i'm on soft slicks :banghead::banghead::banghead:

every race with rain to the point is starting to get repetitive.

That's weird. I went Ginetta Junior > GT5 > Cayman > Super Trofeo and now GT3 and I feel I barely had any rain...

That's weird. I went Ginetta Junior > GT5 > Cayman > Super Trofeo and now GT3 and I feel I barely had any rain...
That’s the nature of randomness! The original random shuffle on the iPod had to be made less random because people complained it wasn’t random!

I thought the career weather was said to be scripted, although which part of the race the conditions would change would differ. So essentially if one person encounters rain in their career then everyone will in the same career race.

I just thought of something. What if in each championship there is one race that has rain but it is chosen randomly. I'm sure that would be a hell of a thing to code into the game but something like that would work. I get that they wanted to include weather in careers but it's hard because then you know that one race is always like that.

That’s the nature of randomness! The original random shuffle on the iPod had to be made less random because people complained it wasn’t random!
No, weather in career mode is scripted, It is not random. This kills replay value if you have a good memory.

Anyone did Ginetta GT5 career?

I ran 80% AI and won my first two races (not easily but good enough), then comes the rain at Silverstone, finished 11th. GREAT.

Now leading the championship by 1 point. We're at Donnington and the AI is turning 1' 17s" (bloody hell), my personal best is 1'18 on 5L of fuel (lol). In qualifying I could only muster a 1'19" should I man up and face the music or chicken out and lower the AI?

Anyone did Ginetta GT5 career?

I ran 80% AI and won my first two races (not easily but good enough), then comes the rain at Silverstone, finished 11th. GREAT.

Now leading the championship by 1 point. We're at Donnington and the AI is turning 1' 17s" (bloody hell), my personal best is 1'18 on 5L of fuel (lol). In qualifying I could only muster a 1'19" should I man up and face the music or chicken out and lower the AI?

Yes, had the same. Clearly an issue in AI balance. If i remeber well devs were aware. Rain in Silvestone was also bugged, you had ho use all terrain tyres to manage the puddles.

Yes, had the same. Clearly an issue in AI balance. If i remeber well devs were aware. Rain in Silvestone was also bugged, you had ho use all terrain tyres to manage the puddles.

The puddles on the long straight before the chicane on SS were no joke. The car would just dig in and weave back and forth across the track. I tried with both TC on and off but nothing helped. I ended up switching TC on just for that section and off once I hit the chicane.

May I ask, how did you handle Donnington, did you lower it? I know I can improve my lines a bit especially entering that downhill right hander, where AI always seems to pull away from me.

Career mode should be the meat and potatoes of this game but when you scratch further beneath the surface you realise it's barely moved on from PC1 at all and few lessons have been learned.

All because of the stubbornness not to implement custom championships - if the career mode worked well we wouldn't need them but sadly it doesn't and the games long term appeal suffers for it

Agreed - I haven't tried the career mode yet and I think I only did an hour of it in PC1 - I just want to create my own championships so I can test and practise for ones which I will host online later. I would need to be able to pick the cars - preferably the liveries as well. At the moment I have to make do with practise and arcade mode.

The puddles on the long straight before the chicane on SS were no joke. The car would just dig in and weave back and forth across the track. I tried with both TC on and off but nothing helped. I ended up switching TC on just for that section and off once I hit the chicane.

May I ask, how did you handle Donnington, did you lower it? I know I can improve my lines a bit especially entering that downhill right hander, where AI always seems to pull away from me.

I was in pole. For the race i reduced ai level to 75 from 80 and parked the car at every apex to keep them behind. If they get in front It is impossible even at 75.

I think they will patch puddles also because AI is not affected.

I'm currently driving the WSC and am set for a 2h race at Imola.
I'm driving the ferrari gt3.

Well I'm encountering an issue. Where my engine starts running hot.

My engine will run at about 85°C, and suddenly start rising (about 20minutes in), I allready opened my radiator to 90%. And when this happens it says 1 engine damage, so I'm thinking the rise of temp is due to that.

A few things spring to mind:

1. Is there a cable with cooling fluid that get damaged by taking the curb in the last chicane?

2. 85°C is to hot to run the engine? At what temp should I run the engine then?

3. I should lower booster pressure as it is slowely damaging my engine?

4. (Least likely explanation) I encountered a bug?

1. Did you damage your front? This could lead to radiator damage.
2. No it's not. Anything below 100°C-110°C is fine
3. Either this or short shift.
4. Don't think so.

Btw. I see no issue with getting a little bit of engine damage. 5% engine damage doesn't automatically mean your cooling is insufficiant.
The engine just has to survive the race (IRL it's a few races but the performance of real engines is suffering too over time).
There's no point in artificially slowing yourself down to keep the engine at 0% damage at the end of the race.

@Bealdor
1. no damage, I was wondering if scraping the bottom of the car on a curb would hit fluidlines. (No it's not as violent as this statement reads)
2. Thanks! Is this the ideal tempzone?
3. In the ferrari after half an hour I was shifting just as the green shiftlights went on even then the engine temp kept rising. So I'll try and reduce boostpressures if my car overheats again!
4. I'm with you on this one ;)

I also never saw any issue with it until I kept seeing my engine temp rising :P

This must be an endurance 'issue' as you need to drive for longer periods to encounter this. I love it it makes this even more of a challenge, understanding engine management :embarrassed:

@Bealdor
1. no damage, I was wondering if scraping the bottom of the car on a curb would hit fluidlines. (No it's not as violent as this statement reads)
2. Thanks! Is this the ideal tempzone?
3. In the ferrari after half an hour I was shifting just as the green shiftlights went on even then the engine temp kept rising. So I'll try and reduce boostpressures if my car overheats again!
4. I'm with you on this one ;)

I also never saw any issue with it until I kept seeing my engine temp rising :P

This must be an endurance 'issue' as you need to drive for longer periods to encounter this. I love it it makes this even more of a challenge, understanding engine management :embarrassed:
Something in between 86-92 degrees is good. You can run slightly hotter with no issues as said.

My temperatures get stable after a few laps and then stay stable unless I have any damage. Very slight damage (Look at the graph, don’t trust visual damage) can rise temperatures. Also, if you go on an excursion on the dirt, the radiators openings become smaller as dirt blocks air entries.

Yay, I finally won the Ginetta Jr. Championship. At Ai level 60 this was brutally hard for me. But after a lot of practice in time trials I won the last two races easily. But it took a lot of work to win "easily."

I'm thinking maybe I should bump up the Ai to 70 and do another season of Ginetta Jr on my way to being a better driver.

After two weeks of hotlapping/timetrials Pcars2 (and AC). I continued my career today. At launch of PCars2 started at tier 6 in the Ginetta Junior then tier 5 the ClioCup and now continue Gr.A with a Audi DTM. Just completed -and also won- China. What a joy is this career mode. In between some invitations which I cannot resist. Looking forward to next tier 3 with a hopefully reliable Renault engine ;)

Finally completed my first season of Career Mode in Formula Renault 3.5 for Team Renault Sport. Overall, it was an up and down season but managed to finish third in the Drivers standings. Found the series to be very enjoyable with the cars proving to be a real challenge to drive at times but most importantly, very rewarding when you hook up a great lap. I've taken up the opportunity to move from Formula Renault 3.5 to the Renault R.S 01 trophy for my next season, a car that I've really enjoyed driving from the brief testing I've did offline.

Back