Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Tier 3: Group 5

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Tier 3: Renault Sport RS01

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Tier 3: RX Lites International

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
So I began with ginetta junior, had a lot of problems with the AI balance, and since the update I do think it is better. I'm on gt4 US championship and all the way up to Watkins Glen the ai has been completely consistent at the number I set. For Watkins Glen, the first rainy race, the light rain practice was still consistent with the ai however qualifying is off a bit. Full rain and about 3 seconds difference. Still I like the progress because I'm not having to change the ai so much.

I'm disappointed with the way the Holy Trinity event was handled in career.
It's expected that we can choose either of the 3 cars but at least if I pick the Ferrari LaFerrari, let me race against the Porsche 918 Spyder and Mclaren P1, not the same car that I picked.

I know I said I was going to hold off on career mode until the snow races got patched, but I just couldn't help myself.

I finished the first Ginetta Jnr series winning 4/5 races. I only managed third at Snetterton, which I consider an accomplishment considering I qualified last without skipping to the end.

In the second series I won at Knockhill, but only managed 4th at Snetterton after qualifying last again. Currently doing the third race at Donington.

I hate Snetterton. :yuck:

I want to do the career but at the same time I don't want to dedicate 30 minutes for qualifying every race. That's gonna eat into my play time way too much.

I like what happened with PCars1 where someone listed out all of the races for every single player championship. This way I could just set up the combos in quick race and customize the length/time/weather to my liking. Sure it wasn't a championship but I don't care about fake points against fake AI when I know I'm gonna win. I just want to experience combos curated by SMS without having to play through ones I don't want to just to get there.

I will start a full career when the setup problems are fixed. Right now I'm skipping qualifying and trying different cars in 4 different careers.

Has anyone tried the Reensport Revival US Championship?

I chose the Nissan and I can't drive the car. In order for me to complete a lap without spinning or going off track, I lose the tail of the slowest cars in the pack. I tried lowering the braking pressure and tire pressure, sending more brake bias towards the rear, maxed out TCS to 0.01 and it's still undrivable if I want to compete with even the slower cars.

I have the AI at 85 80 atm (sometimes I put it in 100 80) but this is ludicrous. I can't make the turns nowhere near the speed the AI does them. :/

Is this car's stock setup that bad that we need to change everything in order to drive it or am I just bad at this and I never knew it?

Maybe try 79/80 since 80 makes them change setups and it sounds like you're not doing too much of that. 79 is as high as you can go with stock AI setups

Glad to hear I'm not the only one having issues on Snetterton. Just as I was feeling like I was starting to get better at my driving skills, this track made me feel like I was terrible and should just give up.

It almost feels like there are certain turns throughout the game that the AI can handle at Alien skill levels, regardless of the actual skill level setting.

Either way, the Ginetta Juniors are way too fun and totally gratifying to drive!

I finished the second part of the Jnr series. I won at Donington and Silverstone.

The finale at Brands Hatch was interesting as I crashed on lap 2 due to the AI forcing me off. I had to pit to repair damage but the car that got into me did not. I spent the rest of the race trying to make up what I could and managed to close a 20 second gap to pass the (still damaged) car that wrecked me on the very last lap.

I've never been happier to finish 11/12. :lol:

Now onto the Sportscar Lights series with the Radical.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one having issues on Snetterton. Just as I was feeling like I was starting to get better at my driving skills, this track made me feel like I was terrible and should just give up.

It almost feels like there are certain turns throughout the game that the AI can handle at Alien skill levels, regardless of the actual skill level setting.

Either way, the Ginetta Juniors are way too fun and totally gratifying to drive!

I wish I could blame the AI. I just can't seem to put together 3 good sectors there, I seem to be especially bad in the first sector.

Oddly in both races I had the fastest lap. :confused:

And I second the Ginetta Jnrs being a blast, I just with they had more than the 2 UK series in the career mode.

Maybe try 79/80 since 80 makes them change setups and it sounds like you're not doing too much of that. 79 is as high as you can go with stock AI setups

Tried that too (75). Same result. :/ Well. I guess I'll try again tomorrow after erasing (again) my setups (because sometimes random setups are applied to a car).

I wish I could blame the AI. I just can't seem to put together 3 good sectors there, I seem to be especially bad in the first sector.

Oddly in both races I had the fastest lap. :confused:
One possible explanation is that there are these turns that the AI will take perfectly, but to balance lap times in regard to their difficulty, the AI is being gimped on certain elements like acceleration. I can out accelerate identical Ginettas, regardless of me having a slower exit speed out of a corner or even drafting the car in front of me. The Forza series used to do this because they hadn't figured out a way to simulate slower lap times due to less than ideal racing lines, so they simply reduced the power output of the cars.

Then again, I'm pretty bad on Snetterton, so who knows...

I've finished the Porsche Cayman championship.
It was very enjoyable, awesome car to race!

Now I'm going to LMP3 to get to the WEC.

I really like the game but I hate one thing they keep bragging about it's the best of the game: the weather.
It freaking rains most of the time and now we also have snow/ice. The developer paraded on the "realism" of the game and after I backed up first game went to the forums to simply ask "please let us chose the option for weather on career" and got banned after the "boss" told me that they don't like abuse or whatever, however I was just simply stating that the "realism" is lost when they have rain in most races on places that usually never rains and even showed statistics that backed up my theory.
I somehow thought they'd do better this time and it's the same crap: start you career? Yeah let's make it real! Second race on Formula rookie? Rain! Why not! Well I can manage that but I saw it coming. Fourth race? Yeah let's make it real, let's throw snow on cars that are not prepared to race on snow! This is real! They do this everywhere! Worst part that it's bugged, AI driving like nothing, car behaving like it's on slicks no matter what you change to.
I'm still banned at their forums just for only asking the option to have the ability to turn off weather. The game should be called "Rain simulator". It sucks that a game that can be great it's closed to some uptight developer who forces you to accept whatever he wants in the name of "realism" ("that's why we don't have mirrored tracks" and "the most beautiful rain simulation" what? a 4 laps race where rains on second lap and completely dries up on fourth lap? F1 challenge had better rain dynamics).
I've been playing racing games since Indycar from Papyrus and PC2 and even the first one are great games, only ruined by the need to show off a "feature" that it's called realistic when it's not, it's far from it and doesn't give you the option to turn it off just because wouldn't be "realistic"

I really like the game but I hate one thing they keep bragging about it's the best of the game: the weather.
It freaking rains most of the time and now we also have snow/ice. The developer paraded on the "realism" of the game and after I backed up first game went to the forums to simply ask "please let us chose the option for weather on career" and got banned after the "boss" told me that they don't like abuse or whatever, however I was just simply stating that the "realism" is lost when they have rain in most races on places that usually never rains and even showed statistics that backed up my theory.
I somehow thought they'd do better this time and it's the same crap: start you career? Yeah let's make it real! Second race on Formula rookie? Rain! Why not! Well I can manage that but I saw it coming. Fourth race? Yeah let's make it real, let's throw snow on cars that are not prepared to race on snow! This is real! They do this everywhere! Worst part that it's bugged, AI driving like nothing, car behaving like it's on slicks no matter what you change to.
I'm still banned at their forums just for only asking the option to have the ability to turn off weather. The game should be called "Rain simulator". It sucks that a game that can be great it's closed to some uptight developer who forces you to accept whatever he wants in the name of "realism" ("that's why we don't have mirrored tracks" and "the most beautiful rain simulation" what? a 4 laps race where rains on second lap and completely dries up on fourth lap? F1 challenge had better rain dynamics).
I've been playing racing games since Indycar from Papyrus and PC2 and even the first one are great games, only ruined by the need to show off a "feature" that it's called realistic when it's not, it's far from it and doesn't give you the option to turn it off just because wouldn't be "realistic"
Anyone wanna take a stab at this?

Is there a problem with the Jaguar xj220 from that invitational event? that thing is imposible to drive and of course there is rain...

Edit: i tried the Mclaren F1, a little better but still imposible to drive with a track filled with puddles.

Are they doing this on purpose? is like my 4th invitational/Proving Ground event that is almost imposible to drive lol

Last edited:
Is there a problem with the Jaguar xj220 from that invitational event? that thing is imposible to drive and of course there is rain...

Edit: i tried the Mclaren F1, a little better but still imposible to drive with a track filled with puddles.

Are they doing this on purpose? is like my 4th invitational/Proving Ground event that is almost imposible to drive lol

I was trying career again and got to Formula X. Sakitto is on the schedule. Before the race I knew it was going to rain, it always rain at Sakitto. Of course it's raining. Then the puddles, those are not puddle, are scripted parts of the track with the only purpose of making your car spin out and always ending up pointing backwards. Got tired of them and put AI to 10 and 5 laps, got a like more than half lap distance with second place, got to first puddle before spoon, spun out. Next lap after the S's before climbing there's another one, slowed down to 40km/h or so and spun out anyway, when I got to the one before spoon I reduced to 10km/h and even at that speed it tried to take me out. It's ridiculous. At Snetterton I could hardly go straight on the first long straight.

Edit: sorry to rant here.

Last edited:
They have already said that the snow events from career will be removed and are working on the issues with AI pace in the rain, how that will tunr out we will have to wait and see.

As for too much rain? That's the norm for racing in the UK.

Now I would also ask that you not use GT Planet as a place to vent your issues about how you were treated on another forum, regardless of what that forum is.

They have already said that the snow events from career will be removed and are working on the issues with AI pace in the rain, how that will tunr out we will have to wait and see.

As for too much rain? That's the norm for racing in the UK.

Now I would also ask that you not use GT Planet as a place to vent your issues about how you were treated on another forum, regardless of what that forum is.

I'm sorry, you are right. I deleted the rant.

I was trying career again and got to Formula X. Sakitto is on the schedule. Before the race I knew it was going to rain, it always rain at Sakitto. Of course it's raining. Then the puddles, those are not puddle, are scripted parts of the track with the only purpose of making your car spin out and always ending up pointing backwards. Got tired of them and put AI to 10 and 5 laps, got a like more than half lap distance with second place, got to first puddle before spoon, spun out. Next lap after the S's before climbing there's another one, slowed down to 40km/h or so and spun out anyway, when I got to the one before spoon I reduced to 10km/h and even at that speed it tried to take me out. It's ridiculous. At Snetterton I could hardly go straight on the first long straight.

Edit: sorry to rant here.
This is the first time i have this problem with puddles, i don't understand why they keep setting invitational/Proving Ground to be almost imposible to drive?, silverstone filled with puddles with heavy rain and all you can pick Jaguar XJ220 or Mclaren F1...lol
this is the event i'm talking about
(not my video)

This is the first time i have this problem with puddles, i don't understand why they keep setting invitational/Proving Ground to be almost imposible to drive?, silverstone filled with puddles with heavy rain and all you can pick Jaguar XJ220 or Mclaren F1...lol
this is the event i'm talking about
(not my video)

Yes tyres are bugged so It is impossible. They are fixing It.

Yes tyres are bugged so It is impossible. They are fixing It.

With patch 2.00...

It seems that the 'fix' (for British Classic Showdown at least) is that the weather is now much less extreme, with no standing water to speak of throughout the event (although it does get quite a bit damper as it goes on).

In other events with that kind of damp conditions the AI used to be pretty lame. I only gave it a quick try, but maybe the AI were better.

Haven't checked for any tyre model changes yet, I'm supposed to be working!

With patch 2.00...

It seems that the 'fix' (for British Classic Showdown at least) is that the weather is now much less extreme, with no standing water to speak of throughout the event (although it does get quite a bit damper as it goes on).

In other events with that kind of damp conditions the AI used to be pretty lame. I only gave it a quick try, but maybe the AI were better.

Haven't checked for any tyre model changes yet, I'm supposed to be working!
Thanks for the feedback. I Will try this evening also in Ginetta gt5. I'm "working" too ahah

The Ginetta 5 @Cadwell in Career Mode/Proving Grounds challenge is better controllable with the 2.0 patch. (or is it just my imagination?).
But still a tough circuit to manage. We cannot blame SMS for that ;)

The Ginetta 5 @Cadwell in Career Mode/Proving Grounds challenge is better controllable with the 2.0 patch. (or is it just my imagination?).
Most of the cars I've tested so far have been better controllable. 👍

With the release of Project CARS 2 nearing a month away thus being a month away from starting our own careers, we can discuss the Career Mode of Project CARS 2 without feeling too annoyed about waiting.

I'm torn between Ginetta Juniors and Karting. Want to see how Karting has improved from PC1 and love watching Ginetta Juniors IRL. Plus, everyone is going for Formula Rookie in videos.

After the patch i decided to start my first career path (i plan to run multiples path within one profile to cover everything except for open wheelers FA and FX).

I always try to create fake stories for a bit of immersion and a more realistic path.

-i started in tier 6 with Ginetta junior and won
-moved to Ginetta gt5 and won.
-ginetta after these results asked for a proving ground to test gt4 and get me locked to them
-i tested their gt4 but did not like It.
- i want top notch things so i decided to move to porsche. They do not offer me a GT4 seat immediatly but a more gradual approach to their world
-i signed for the official team in cayman Cup (now i am here)
- i will move to gt4 in porsche after winning Cayman cup.
- as i storm through gt4 Porsche will offer to become brand Ambassador. I will accept.
- in parallel the Volkswagen Group management wants really to revive Lamborghini (Porsche same group)
- they will move me to super trofeo to get a feel for the car and then win gt3 the year later
- i will win super trofeo but, after having some contact with italians, i decide to betray the group and get to Ferrari cause It is Ferrari
-gt3 with Ferrari and brand Ambassador
-pirelli with Ferrari

This Will be path 1 from tier 6 to 1. I think i can build on it to also linking LMP/GTE After Pirelli.

Last edited:
After the patch i decided to start my first career path (i plan to run multiples path within one profile to cover everything except for open wheelers FA and FX).

I always try to create fake stories for a bit of immersion and a more realistic path.

-i started in tier 6 with Ginetta junior and won
-moved to Ginetta gt5 and won.
-ginetta after these results asked for a proving ground to test gt4 and get me locked to them
-i tested their gt4 but did not like It.
- i want top notch things so i decided to move to porsche. They do not offer me a GT4 seat immediatly but a more gradual approach to their world
-i signed for the official team in cayman Cup (now i am here)
- i will move to gt4 in porsche after winning Cayman cup.
- as i storm through gt4 Porsche will offer to become brand Ambassador. I will accept.
- in parallel the Volkswagen Group management wants really to revive Lamborghini (Porsche same group)
- they will move me to super trofeo to get a feel for the car and then win gt3 the year later
- i will win super trofeo but, after having some contact with italians, i decide to betray the group and get to Ferrari cause It is Ferrari
-gt3 with Ferrari and brand Ambassador
-pirelli with Ferrari

This Will be path 1 from tier 6 to 1. I think i can build on it to also linking LMP/GTE After Pirelli.
That's pretty cool. And I assume if you go to WorldRX, you'll go with the Volkswagen.

Back